• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Pokemon%20Theta%20Emerald_zpsuoqxpwpd.jpg

Pokémon Theta Emerald
Hack of: Pokémon Emerald (US)
Made by: LCCoolJ95

[FONT=&quot]This is a project that I have been working on for almost a year, and now I can finally say that this game is ready for a release. This is completely different from the regular Emerald game you are used to. However, it is different, in a very fun and cool way :)[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Features:
[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]650 Pokémon:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] This may not be the first Emerald sideshow game to have more Pokémon than just 386, but, as of May 2015, this is the Emerald sideshow game with the most Pokémon to catch. Not only that, but every single one of them is catchable, either through an event, or in the wild. Not only that, but the Trainers, Gym Leaders, Evil Teams, Elite Four, and Champion have new Pokémon as well.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]100+ new moves:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] In order to compensate with the new Pokémon, there has been quite a few new moves added to game to add to everyone's movesets. Some with new animations, and some with new effects.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Physical/Special Split:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] To make the game more current, a proper Physical/Special Split has been implemented to the game, including icons to denote each move.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]"Have Specific Pokémon" Events:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] In order to encounter certain Pokémon, or more specifically, legendary Pokémon, you must have one to three Pokémon in your party in order for the event to work.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Fairy-type:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Yes, the Fairy-type that has been shown in Pokémon X & Y, has been added to the game.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Updated Stats:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Also, Pokémon that got their stats updated in X & Y now have them updated in this game.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]New Evolution Methods:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Pokémon that evolved through trade have a different means of evolving. Not only that, but because of the new Pokémon, completely new evolution methods have been added, like Map Name Evolution, Move Evolution, etc. That, and three new evolution items have been added. The Dawn Stone and Dusk Stone from Diamond and Pearl, and the Link Cable from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Running Shoes Update:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Like the newer generation games, you can use the running shoes to run inside of buildings.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Reusable TMs:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Introduced in Pokémon Black & White, TMs can be used as many times as you like.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Egg Hatching Level:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] The levels of eggs that hatch are now at Level 1, just like in the newer games.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Catch EXP:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] A mechanic introduced in X & Y, now when you capture a Pokémon, your Pokémon will gain EXP.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]De-capitalization:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] NO MORE OF THIS. Maybe a few spots, but I'll fix them as time goes on.[/FONT]
Media (Pictures and Videos):
Spoiler:

Bugs/Notes:
Spoiler:

Credits:
mamamama: Emerald ROM Base in the Resource Thread
SBird: His concept of extending Emerald's Pokédex
Chaos Rush: Sprites, his translated tutorial on expanding the Pokédex, and his Capture EXP ASM
Blue: Editing the Trainer's Pokémon to have the new ones
karatekid: His Gen 3 Hacking Suite
Gamer2020: Pokémon Game Editor
itari: Reusable TMs and Check Pokémon ASM
Tlachtli: Physical/Special Icons
PurpleOrange: Give Pokémon Scripts
Percy: Fixing a very odd Pokédex glitch

Version changes:
Spoiler:

If you want to support the game, you can add this to your signature:

Jb34NNz.png

Credit to seasport100 for this picture

This game is pretty much complete. If there are any problems, you can post them below. Also, if you want to know where a certain Pokémon is, or how it evolves, there is a document below, putting those things together. Just to let you know, this is a .UPS Patch. You must use the NUPS Patcher supplied with the game to patch it, to a US copy of Pokémon Emerald.

Have fun! ;)

Download link: https://mega.nz/#F!2M4ACbDK!8hZxCE2AhoG74kOFOU6xvg (the attachments below do not work)

Last edited by a moderator:

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
Years
So your hard work and time investment finaly paid off, this looks gorgeous, just a small question, did you also update frontier brains with new moves/pkmn/PSS ?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Awesome to see it finally released! But in regards to the name.... You sure its a good idea to use a copyrighted name?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Does Giratina,Shaymin,Kyurem etc. can change forme in this game?

It does not, and I prefer it that way.

So your hard work and time investment finaly paid off, this looks gorgeous, just a small question, did you also update frontier brains with new moves/pkmn/PSS ?

Sorry, but they have not been done.

Awesome to see it finally released! But in regards to the name.... You sure its a good idea to use a copyrighted name?
You're thinking of Delta Emerald, a name that Nintendo took the rights of.

Years
So, Theta Emerald finally sees sunlight! Nice work so far! And, I saw the credits part, thanks for that, I suppose :D
Anyway, Chaos' EXP gain hack is no ASM, its just a battle script.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
I have been waiting for an emerald remake like this for the longest time, thank you. I am so glad I didn't log off lol, I'll be sure to fill in any bug reports while I playthrough this :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 1, 2016
Wow! Nice job!
The Battle Frontier use Physical/Special Split?
Legendary pokémon are allowed?

Sorry, i saw it now xD

Can we buy berries and items (like lucky egg, etc)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2022
I love Emerald hacks, and this one seems awesome. Just one question though, not really important, but with the added legendaries, does it play the wild pokemon encounter theme? Or does it at least play the Gen 1-2 legendary themes? I only ask cause I played Blaze Black 2 (Or Volt White 2, whichever was the hack for White 2) and I lol'ed when I got into a battle with Dialga then Palkia and it played the wild pokemon theme. Again it's not a big deal either way, awesome hack

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
Everything seems good however you might want to consider moving the elemental moves to level 6 or 7 on the starters otherwise your first Rival battle is somewhat ridiculous without absurd grinding and RNG.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2022
Everything seems good however you might want to consider moving the elemental moves to level 6 or 7 on the starters otherwise your first Rival battle is somewhat ridiculous without absurd grinding and RNG.

Haven't started playing yet, but is the difficulty increased? Might've missed it in the OP so sorry if I have. And what level do they learn the elemental moves?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
When a pokemon loves up off screen its there shiny spirte.Just a minor bug its not gamebreaking or anything.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 9, 2019
Brawly the Dewford gym leader has a riolu with speed boost,so that might be intentional

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 24, 2022
Lol nice work, could you change the sprites and music to a DS style ?

The music would be difficult I'm sure. I'd like it, even only if for the legendaries. The only rom I've played with DS music was Emerald Omega. It only had The D/P/Pt Gym theme, HG/SS Red/Lance theme for Wallace and a few others.

The sprites I'm sure are all from B/W or at least the DS games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back