• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon AR Searcher (New Pokemon?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluemoon

Bluemoon
Years
(I'm not sure if a thread about this topic has been made... so feel free to close this if there is already one :) )
So with the new Pokemon news that came today the Pokemon AR searcher and Pokedex 3D Pro was really interesting.
Well do you guys remember the news last week about a new Pokemon?
In the Pokemon AR Searcher trailer showed a sillhoute of a Pokemon. Well with the articel that i read on Pokebeach they noted that it was not any bird Pokemon that is in existent (visual below)
So what do you guys think?
Do you think its a NEW Pokemon?

courtesy of Pokebeach.com
pokemon-ar-searcher-1.jpg

courtesy of: Pokebeach.com and their contributor "Gin"
bird-pokemon-mystery.jpg

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
I see what you're getting at, but it's very possible it's just a flying type facing the other way, perhaps with an object or even another Pokémon surrounding it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I thought it was Pidgeot or Pidgeotto, seeing as it'll be a 3D rendition of the Pokemon you can't compare it to its normal art as there will be sides we haven't seen. Case in point, Pidgeot has legs but the image depicted shows them tucked in.

018Pidgeot_OS_anime.png

018Pidgeot_RG.png

Its also pretty similar to its attack stance in this image:
Box_Colo_018.png

the only thing that doesn't match is the face fluff which could be aesthetic addition, and the lumps on the wings.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It could be Archeops then the thing on top the head, IS the head if its Archeops. There aren't any new Pokemon. We are still in Gen 5.

I'm pretty convinced its a Pidgeot though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
The bumps on the wings alone is very odd, no other flying type has something like that. I agree that this could very well be a new Pokemon.

XanderO said:
There aren't any new Pokemon. We are still in Gen 5.
What are you talking about? We know for a fact there is at least two new Pokemon, and there has been major suspicions of at least 1 more new one for a while now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The bumps on the wings alone is very odd, no other flying type has something like that. I agree that this could very well be a new Pokemon.

What are you talking about? We know for a fact there is at least two new Pokemon, and there has been major suspicions of at least 1 more new one for a while now.

Who? Kyurem? Those are forms not Pokemon. We still have 649 Pokemon. If you are referring to Keldeo and Meleotta, again, those aren't knew. Anyone that has access to Serebii, Bulbapedia, any Pokemon News site, or any Pokemon Fan Site knew about them when Black and White were released. They are newly released, but not new.

Again we still only have 649 Pokemon. We know all the Pokemon, we are still in Gen 5, there won't be new Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
wait so you guys have not heard anything about a new pokemon from a preview of the next issue of coro-coro?
here's a link: http://pkmn-ph.com/blog/2012/04/15/new-pokemon-will-be-revealed-in-may-2012/.

Last Coro Coro unveiled "New Pokemon":

Meleotta Pirouette Form
Mareep
Eevee
Riolu.

They were new Pokemon to the Unova Pre-Post Game Pokedex. So far the New Pokemon are Old Pokemon coming back for the new Games.

Its already confirmed we are still in Gen 5 as well as already mentioned. That itself means no new Pokemon added to the Pokedex after 649.

Its possible its a new form, but highly unlikely. Its either Pidgeot, which I'm pretty much gunna stay with since it matches best in my eyes, or Archeops.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
It looks kind of like a smaller version of Ho-oh. It might just be an existing bird Pokemon at a different angle, its hard to tell, but Im not going to say it isnt a new Pokemon, it could be because it dosent look like any bird Pokemon that already exists. Its beak looks kind of like a Toucan's beak, so maybe its a new Pokemon based on a toucan.

Livewire_

Knight of Three
Years
0_o

That doesn't look like any bird Pokemon I've ever seen, really. Look very closely at the wings, the feathers on the face, and the feet.

BlaqJester

Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
It looks like a HO-OH to me :paranoid:
I thought the same also when I saw this pic and also this Pokedex supposedly has more than just Unova Pokes.
Also I kinda predicted that this app <or an update to Pokedex 3D> will have something to do with black and white 2 now I just cant wait to see how all this plays out

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I thought the same thing as most of you...I've never seen this Pokemon. I thought that it may be Ho-oh, or Articuno, and even Staraptor but there is a diffrence between them and this...

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
My first thought was Braviary, but it's wings aren't long enough and the picture shows the odd bumps on the wings. I'm sure it's not a new Pokémon, just a different design. If it turns out GameFreak added a few more birds, I wouldn't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back