• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the first main series games on the Nintendo Switch will be?

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
I know what you're thinking; "Well, there are only two possible things it can be; a new region or a region (such as Sinnoh) remade.".

But allow me to propose a third option to you; Ruby & Sapphire on the Virtual Console.

I can totally see it happening. Release them in 2018 on the Virtual Console (which, hasn't even been spoken of, to be fair) to tide everyone over, and then hit everyone with the first Switch exclusive main series games in 2019.

For TV mode they could do the thing they did with Gen II and Pokemon Stadium 2, with a border around the "screen".

Thoughts?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
It'll obviously be Pokemon: Breath of the Wild, except it'll be a really badly done mod of the exact game just with Pokemon characters tacked on as enemies, the main character is still called Link (and can't be renamed) and they'll still be saving Hyrule from Calamity Ganon rather than the Pokemon world from Team Rocket. Just imagine if the Switch game came to this.

Last edited:

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
honestly putting the games on VC is actually a really good idea, + I suppose it really would tide people over until 2019, which is more then enough time to make an amazing game. I don't see them changing up the formula too much, but if they did it on like, a S/M level I could see it happening. But yeah I'll be really surprised if they announce Pokemon MMO.

Years
I have mixed feelings on RSE being released on Virtual Console.

In the case of VC RBY and VC GSC, it makes complete sense for them, despite their remakes already being a thing. FRLG and HGSS are old enough games now that despite being remakes, finding copies tends to be a near-impossibility, and since FRLG are GBA games, unless you have an original DS, forget about actually playing them.

Since ORAS is still quite recent, I'm quite skeptical about VC RSE being a thing for, at the very least, the next few years or so.

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I think the virtual console may happen. A remake, one day probably.

Still hoping for Pokemon snap 2 hum hum

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I think R/S/E on VC would be a good idea because it would allow you to transfer from Gen 3 to the current Gen without needing an old DS console to transfer via Gens 4 and 5.

As for the new Switch game, I think they'll release Generation 8 first in 2019 and then the Diamond/Pearl remakes the following year or more (assuming that Switch games take longer to develop than 3DS games).

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I don't see VC RSE as likely. Despite making transferring a bit easier, ORAS are very recent and makes the prospect of releasing the older versions again seem improbable. As usual, I'm hoping for another original region game first to really blow us away with how cool Pokémon for the switch could be.

Back