• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Torterra's tree is even more awkward though. Sort of on the side, I mean 8) What happens if a Venusaur or Torterra falls flat on their back? Do their trees, um, break?

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
For all we know Torterra's tree could be made of rubber and be very flexible. Therefore, they will flip back up and no broken tree :D but I bet their pointy mountains could do some damage to whatever they flip onto (assuming they are not made of rubber, of course).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
And here I think of Sylveon's bows again.

U9x8toE_zps67a91a34.png

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
About Venusaur, there is a scene in the anime in which it falls on its back. I don't know which episode or movie it is from, though.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Maybe when that old guy idk his name battles Ash in the Battle Frontier?
Or even in the Mewtwo movie, where he uses a psychic attack to toss Venusaur iirc.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Venusaur's tree and flowers are actually flesh D:
It probably showed Venusaur upside down, then the scene changed to Ash or someone talking, then suddenly we see Venusaur no longer on its back. It's magic; not even the writers know how it gets up...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Maybe they're sort of like turtles; when they are on their back, they swing themselves around back and forth until they get to their feet? This would look kind of embarrassing in the anime, though, so that's why they never show it. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
So in a way, Venusaur is a bit turtle-like despite Blastoise being the obvious turtle pokémon in that trio?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Prehistoric toad with a broken tree. Now that's an imposing pokémon 8)

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
Years
With the addition of froakie, I doubt we'll be seeing more any time soon. Also, would the prehistoric pokemon you guys mentioned be fossils? Or would they just be found in a certain area? Turtle pokemon need more lovin'

Years
We've got at least 4 different turtle Pokemon families though (Blastoise, Tirtouga, Torterra, Torkoal), so it's not like we're lacking in them.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Pokemon based off of prehistoric Pokemon though, but I expect that we'll continue seeing them come in fossil form in the future. Though, it would be kind of neat to see a Jurassic Park-esque Safari Zone that only includes restored fossil Pokemon. We're up to nearly a dozen of them now, which would be more than enough to populate a small area.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
You are right, there is quite a number of tortoise Pokemon out there.
A prehistoric area sounds like a cool idea, and indeed there is enough Pokemon to populate one!
I would like to see more prehistoric Pokemon that are not fossils, just to have a few more of them

Infernape

fire power!
Years
I'm pretty content with the T-Rex we just got. I was so excited when it was released. I really think we're set on fossils for now. I wouldn't mind one to star in a movie, though.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
About turtle Pokemon, I always thought that Golem looked like a turtle too.

About prehistoric Pokemon, I'd like to see a Pokemon based on a triceratops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back