• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Coconut is the bestttt. Weird textures are like...mushrooms.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Can you just buy one whole and crack it open and drink the milk? I've only had shredded coconut, never anything else coconut-related.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yup. If you shake a coconut from a grocery store, you can hear the "milk" (which really just looks like cloudy water) sloshing around. I don't like the taste of coconut milk, though.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I really like the taste of coconut but ya dislike the texture... it's similiar to how I love ketchup and tomato sauce, but I don't like the tomato itself. I don't like a lot of fruits because of that "freshness" as you bite into one. Many people love that sensation though but I find it weird.

Mushrooms are the best :D if it's an option on my food, I always take it!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
But I mean, can you just drink it straight from teh coconut? What does it taste like?

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Yeah. They're tough to crack open but the times I've had it was just out of the coconut. I can't really remember very well. It was less milky and more watery than I expected, though.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years
Coconuts, in my opinion, aren't worth the hassle. The take forever to crack if you're an amateur and don't really taste that great. Same goes for Pineapples.

Also, with coconut milk, you're supposed to mix it with the actual coconut if I'm not mistaken.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I like pineapple but have only ever eaten canned stuff. T: So I don't really know how much trouble it really is nor what fresh stuff tastes like.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Pineapple is delicious. ;o; I used to hate it too!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Pineapple is the best fruit in the world. Honestly I like canned sliced pineapple better than fresh cut for some reason. Probably because it's sweeter.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
There is something about pineapple my mouth can't handle. I'm really okay with the flavor, I just get this insane tingly sensation that makes me want to spit it out. Same story with Jollyranchers. Maybe I'm not alone and the tingly feeling is part of the charm for others. Or maybe I'm alone.

e: holy crap, three people posted in the time it took me to type that

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
There is something about pineapple my mouth can't handle. I'm really okay with the flavor, I just get this insane tingly sensation that makes me want to spit it out. Same story with Jollyranchers. Maybe I'm not alone and the tingly feeling is part of the charm for others. Or maybe I'm alone.

e: holy crap, three people posted in the time it took me to type that
That doesn't ever happen to me for either of those.

My mouth does kind of burn when I eat bananas, though. Also gives my tongue that weird feeling like it's been burned. T:

Speaking of fruit, has anyone else made the mistake of eating unripe persimmon? I enjoyed the odd numbness it caused in my mouth and was just nibbling at it. Then I found out how dangerous it is.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I want my pomegranate but it takes like half an hour of concentration to eat it!

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
That doesn't ever happen to me for either of those.

My mouth does kind of burn when I eat bananas, though. Also gives my tongue that weird feeling like it's been burned. T:

Weird :I I've never had that issue. Stinks for us because both fruits mentioned have tasty flavors.

Does anyone else's mouth spontaneously burn at some point during the day? Should I see a doctor

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Perhaps just save the leftovers? That's what I always have done. I bet it would be pretty darn good if you freeze it.

Weird :I I've never had that issue. Stinks for us because both fruits mentioned have tasty flavors.

Does anyone else's mouth spontaneously burn at some point during the day? Should I see a doctor

Yeah, I didn't even notice it until recently. Now I'm tempted to eat one and see if it still happens.

Nope. If it's your throat, I would figure maybe acid reflux, but I've never heard of that happening to a person's mouth? I don't know can acid reflux burn your mouth, as well? I've had it my entire life and can't remember oops.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I can't stop once I start because pomegranates are the best fruit.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
They are pretty awesome. When I eat it, I only have to concentrate so not to eat the actual flesh of the pomegranate accidentally. T: I can't remember if it's edible but I think it was really bitter.

Years
Guh, this convo makes me want pineapple, and I actually bought a can of pineapple earlier but I can't touch it since I'm saving it to use in curry at a later date. >:| Meh!

And I've...never heard of someone's mouth spontaneously burning. Might be doctor-worthy if it keeps on happening, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back