• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Altair & Sirius Minus

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Pokemon Altair and Sirius. The first entries in a series followed by Pokemon Vega and later Pokemon Procyon and Deneb, and is often seen as the prequals even though they technically came first. Also considered to be a "Grandfather of ROM Hacking" in the Japanese scene, where the games were only in Japanese and untranslated until somewhat recently. (The original JP versions were first released around 2010 with some future updates released after)
xbRVMYU.png

But much like the series' later installments, its difficulty can be a problem.

Although personally I didn't find Altair/Sirius to be anywhere as challenging as Vega when I played through it, getting past certain battles did require a fair bit of grinding in some form (either over-leveling or EV training which was what I did), and I did see others get stuck trying to beat some battles too.
The EV training bit being recommended could also be said for Vega and Procyon/Deneb.

Basically I saw that there was a demand for a Minus version, so after asking Dr. Akimbo for the a-okay, here we are.

This is meant to be a difficulty patch that balances the game to be "easier" and more in-line with the difficulty from the main series games.
In general there are level and moveset adjustments on various important trainers.
The level curve will be more similar to that of Emerald, though trainers encountered later in the game will be at a higher level closer to that of BW2. While it's still meant to have some semblance of a challenge, they are balanced in a way that you will likely not need to do much additional grinding compared to the regular versions of these games.
To give you an idea on the level curve:
Spoiler:

Features & Notes:
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/5ppyxhkp34cp24g/AS_Minus_20210225.zip/file
Both versions are included. Patch one of your choice to a clean Emerald ROM.
The patches are complete/finished games and may only be updated in the future for further improvements or bug fixes.

Credits/Special Thanks
Spoiler:
A note on link compatibility with regular Altair/Sirius
Spoiler:
Known bugs:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Oh my lord. We needed this, I didn't find Altair and Sirius that bad when I lasted played them, but back then I used save states. Can't wait for an honest run!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
I recently played Altair and the EV training mattered so much. I was able to beat the level 100 boss with Pokemon at least 10 levels below. It also helped that I Thiefed items from the Elite 4, who had competitive items like the Choice Band. Hantama with Choice Band is a monster. Anyway, this is a great idea. Altair/Sirius aren't as hard as Vega, but they certainly needed loads of polish.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
I recently played Altair and the EV training mattered so much. I was able to beat the level 100 boss with Pokemon at least 10 levels below. It also helped that I Thiefed items from the Elite 4, who had competitive items like the Choice Band. Hantama with Choice Band is a monster. Anyway, this is a great idea. Altair/Sirius aren't as hard as Vega, but they certainly needed loads of polish.

Don't mind me asking this doubt since I am not sure fi it's related to Altair or Sirius, but hypothetically assuming I use thief on an opposing Pokemon holding a choice band, but i still lose, will the item still be held by my Pokemon? Thank you!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
Pokemon Altair and Sirius. The first entries in a series followed by Pokemon Vega and later Pokemon Procyon and Deneb, and is often seen as the prequals even though they technically came first. Also considered to be a "Grandfather of ROM Hacking" in the Japanese scene, where the games were only in Japanese and untranslated until somewhat recently. (The original JP versions were first released around 2010 with some future updates released after)
xbRVMYU.png

But much like the series' later installments, its difficulty can be a problem.

Although personally I didn't find Altair/Sirius to be anywhere as challenging as Vega when I played through it, getting past certain battles did require a fair bit of grinding in some form (either over-leveling or EV training which was what I did), and I did see others get stuck trying to beat some battles too.
The EV training bit being recommended could also be said for Vega and Procyon/Deneb.

Basically I saw that there was a demand for a Minus version, so after asking Dr. Akimbo for the a-okay, here we are.

This is meant to be a difficulty patch that balances the game to be "easier" and more in-line with the difficulty from the main series games. It is still meant to have some semblance of challenge.
In general there are level and moveset adjustments on various important trainers.
The level curve will be more similar to that of Emerald, though trainers encountered later in the game will be at a higher level closer to that of BW2. You are likely not going to need as much grinding as what would be needed for the regular versions of these games.
To give you an idea on the level curve:
Spoiler:

Features & Notes:
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ja45tqv2qf9rz7m/AS_Minus_20201122.zip/file
Both versions are included. Patch one of your choice to a clean Emerald ROM.
The patches are complete/finished games and may only be updated in the future for further improvements or bug fixes.

Credits/Special Thanks
Spoiler:
A note on link compatibility with regular Altair/Sirius
Spoiler:
Known bugs:
Spoiler:

Oh I'll be sure to check this out if I ever get the chance to replay Altair and Sirius again! Have a great day

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 26, 2024
Don't mind me asking this doubt since I am not sure fi it's related to Altair or Sirius, but hypothetically assuming I use thief on an opposing Pokemon holding a choice band, but i still lose, will the item still be held by my Pokemon? Thank you!

Yes you still keep the item, of course they get another one if you battle them again. I was able to Thief 2 Choice Bands from a certain Pokemon in the Elite 4 of Altair/Sirius.

PkmnFan193

Various locations in the overworld have been cleaned up/tidied
Traversing parts of the region will also be easier

Got any examples?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Got any examples?
Hmm, I suppose it wouldn't be easy to tell what's different unless you knew what the original area looked like.

To give you an idea on how some areas looked before:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 1, 2021
Hello, loving this rom hack so far!
Idk if it's user error or something wrong with my game, but after I beat Brock at the gym, there's no events with the devon corp guy or Mr. Briney at the tunnel entrance, so I am unable to progress in the game. Is there a fix for this? Sorry if this is a stupid mistake or easy fix I'm just not getting.

Also, I received two miracle seeds in the forest - one a girl gave me to give to the "witch", and another when I came back and used cut inside the forest. But I'm not sure where the witch is in the forest.
Thanks for any help! :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Hello, loving this rom hack so far!
Idk if it's user error or something wrong with my game, but after I beat Brock at the gym, there's no events with the devon corp guy or Mr. Briney at the tunnel entrance, so I am unable to progress in the game. Is there a fix for this? Sorry if this is a stupid mistake or easy fix I'm just not getting.

Also, I received two miracle seeds in the forest - one a girl gave me to give to the "witch", and another when I came back and used cut inside the forest. But I'm not sure where the witch is in the forest.
Thanks for any help! :)
Did you by chance use Teleport right after leaving the gym? Because the events for that scene weren't changed from Emerald (and R/S). Since Altair/Sirius are pretty much reskin hacks of Emerald, many of its events, progression/etc. before the postgame area will be the same as from regular Emerald.
fQnVEhP.png

You'll have to walk past the gym sign to trigger the chase scene event like in the GBA Hoenn games. In ORAS (3DS), that event starts as soon as you leave the gym without having to move.

As for the witch in the forest thing, you're gonna have to tell me where you found this NPC because as far as I could find, there is no mention of any sort of witch or a second Miracle Seed in Hoenn's early areas. That might've been for a different game altogether.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
New update is released. This version adds some move animations from Vega.
hDmoRVy.png
Z2tC7jC.png

Hello! Did you add the physical special split?
Sorry, there is no Physical/Special Split in A/S Minus.
And as of right now, I don't really plan on adding one any time soon.
Mainly because I want to focus on other projects and stuff elsewhere, but also because I felt the JP devs intended for the original versions to be played without one.

Years
I really love this rom so far, but I have a question. How do I get planite, I have both stones to evolve stellith but It won't evolve!?

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen yesterday
I have a feeling my question isn't related to Pokemon Sirius/Altair Minus, but what is the shiny rate in Pokemon Sirius/Altair? I have tried to check websites that have information about it, but there is nothing. I am asking this question, because the days I have been playing this rom hack, I have gotten three shinies! The first one was a shiny Onix (who is my main member of the team), a shiny Torkoal and a another shiny Onix that I got minutes ago. I thought me getting the first two shinies was me having incredible dumb luck, but after encountering that other shiny Onix, I am convinced that the shiny rate is lower than in Pokemon Emerald. Again, I am sorry if this not the thread to ask this question. May you have a good day.

XsidoGamer

Xsido Gamer
Years
I wanted to take advantage of the fact that I made this account quickly to report an error. When you give the fossil to the Devon scientist, he receives it without any problems, but when you come back for it, he doesn't give it to you, it's more that he doesn't start any conversation or anything.

I'm playing in the Altair Minus Version and finished the main story and I'm doing the post game. I tried loading my game in Sirius Minus but the error persists.

Back