• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon: Forever Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2017
Abnegation, among the starter pokemon, Turtwig seems to offer a clear advantage - evolving twice and learning a strong ground attack to fight off the fire-type Houndoom.

Can you tell us about how you chose Turtwig, Houndour and Buziel as three starters, and how the player's first pokemon will impact their progress through the game?

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Abnegation, among the starter pokemon, Turtwig seems to offer a clear advantage - evolving twice and learning a strong ground attack to fight off the fire-type Houndoom.

Can you tell us about how you chose Turtwig, Houndour and Buziel as three starters, and how the player's first pokemon will impact their progress through the game?

the people voted and turwig always had an advantage on the fire starter

mulch_ar

What should I type here?
Years

I think Floatzel and Houndoom are gonna get a new evo to balance Turtwig. I dunno, maybe a Cerberus? ;)

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
Years
AMAZING! You are using the mixed integration of Pokemon Black and White with the Tiles of HGSS or that style!

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
do-want.jpg

THIS.

LOOKS.

AMAZING.

All I have to do is wait a couple years and then I'll get to play it. n_n

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2010
Looks amazing and fits into my catagory of a great looking game. But are you going to make all the sprites sustom or only the starters?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
ForeverLostS.png

Can I be a random maid trainer? Since I'm the official IRC Maid? :D

Also... Forever... Lost... hmm, wonder where you got the name.... :P

Looks awesome and I can't wait for more. ^.^

Well I've let you know that I'll out you in as a trainer :]

NO SAMMICHMONKEY. D: <
I love the deck of cards theme btw.

Thaaanks, I really need to update on that one though, but this will do for now.

*gets Logiedan a sandwich*

How about now? :P

And yeah, that is a pretty cool theme. ^.^

The thread is now about sandwiches, apparently.

Wow, I'm realy impressed. I'm totally keeping an eye on this

Thanks, I hope you enjoy the new updates!

Wow, this is just... incredible. Loving the badges and menu system, by the way. I can see a lot of work has gone into this and it looks very promising indeed. I'll be watching you! :D

Thank you dearly! I've updated the new badges

I just realized the menu system is based off of B/W... awesome.

Yessir, I wanted to make it look ~pretty~

There was a public vote, but the counter type starter, wont matter much at all in the game really, this wont be a carbon copy of all the previous pokemon games, therefore it wont have to have the rival popping up with the type advantage every now and then.

This isn't a hack though... :P

Can't wait for an update!

:D

I think Floatzel and Houndoom are gonna get a new evo to balance Turtwig. I dunno, maybe a Cerberus? ;)

Oh you know too much ;]

I understand. And taking a closer look at this thread, I see that Abnegation did address this issue earlier.

Well today you get to see something addressing the issue!

AMAZING! You are using the mixed integration of Pokemon Black and White with the Tiles of HGSS or that style!

Indeed I am, but suggestions on how to improve the style are always welcome.

do-want.jpg

THIS.

LOOKS.

AMAZING.

All I have to do is wait a couple years and then I'll get to play it. n_n

Well hopefully I'll get a beta up soon. Thanks!

I'll just say that this stands out in the crowd.
But it looks like you need some help.

Thank you, and we've already spoken over PM's, such as anyone who wants to join the team should do!

Looks amazing and fits into my catagory of a great looking game. But are you going to make all the sprites sustom or only the starters?

Some more guys will be yes, some key pokemon most likely. Thanks :D

Wow, this looks great! I love the in-depth storyline, it's really a great story. Good luck!

Glad you like it, I'll be adding to it today!

Storyline Extension

The Phoenix Rising
Myth #1
144.png
145.png
146.png

One of the youngest myths in the region of Hawthorne is that of "The Phoenix Rising". Believed to have arose about forty-seven years ago, the legend follows three legendary birds and one phoenix. During a time of great poverty in Hawthorne, not too long after the war, a Phoenix was said to have flown across the farmlands of Hawthorne. It had rainbow wings which were trailed by a sparkling golden dust. The dust is said to have landed upon the farmlands and surrounding areas, this led to a sudden growth in plants, crops, grass and brought new life and happiness to the region. It brought the people of Hawthorne closer together and where there was once a tension, old ice had now broken and peace had settled across the land, Hawthorne was then saturated with positivity.

However, until recently, the whereabouts of the bird had not been queried. The myth was revisited upon sightings of large birds which had never before been seen in the region. People mistook the birds to be that of the Phonenix. This was later proven to be false, the number of new birds amounted to three; and the names the bore were: Articuno - the legendary bird of Ice, Zapdos - the legendary bird of Electricity and Moltres - the legendary bird of Fire. It is now believed that in order to reach the Phoenix, you must encounter the three legendary birds as they are seen as the protectors, three tests, three keys, to protect the Phoenix from unworthy trainers. Defeat the three birds, and you will retrieve access to the Phoenix, you shall cause; The Phoenix Rising.

New Gym Leaders and Characters

Gym Leader: Chelsea
Gym Order: 8th
Badge: Whatever-Water-Pokemon Badge
Gym Type: Water

2hz778y.png

Character Bio: Chelsea is a calm and collected gym leader recently returned from a long voyage overseas. She loves a good challenge and has traveled the world in search of the best, most exciting experiences. From the helm of her boat, Star of the Sea, she has sailed through sun and storm alike across faraway seas toward distant lands. No one is sure where Chelsea comes from. When asked about her past she beams a knowing smile as her answer. She arrived in the Hawthorne region years ago and slowly moved up the ranks among the region's Pokemon trainers, dazzling her opponents with the power of her Pokemon and the serene composure with which she commands them. As a veteran ocean traveler she naturally focuses on training Water-type Pokemon who are so valuable in her travels. While in Hawthorne she is the leader of the region's volunteer search and rescue unit and whether there is disaster looming on the horizon or simply a lost traveler in need of assistance she is ready not only to send planes and boats of rescue teams to affected areas, but to lead them personally.

Just some sprites for other leaders

Holly's Mugshot

picture.php

Vivvian's Sprite (redesign)

15p49rb.png

Some badge fixes

2gu07s62.png
ehjdkz.jpg

Emma's Mugshot

15hiso.png

Screenshots

A little WIP on the titlescreen

dmd4wm.png

Just to note, we have some new OW's, which I still need to add shadows to.

79232105906017a65e26912cd4eec89a.gif

This is merely a test map to show off the animated fire torch, so excuse the crappy mapping (cough tile error).

Dragonia Town

10.png
9.png
8.png
7.png

Laxstream Town

6.png
5.png
4.png
2.png

Routes, forests and caves

3.png
1.png
11.png
12.png

Thanks to Manipulation who did the cave map for us :D

New Pokémon, wait, what!?

Well, I set out to not have Fakemon, and I'm not going to have many, just two. So, those two will be evolutions for Floatzel and Houndoom so that they can both have 3rd stages as starters, here's a look at Hydrozel!

hydrozel_by_hourglasshero-d2zwzxp.png

Show your support!

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232617"][IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2n9gf0k.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
 [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232617"][IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2v81tn4.png[/IMG][/URL]

HTML:
[URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=232617"][IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/21bqh01.png[/IMG][/URL]
Just an update for you guys, I do have more, but I'm going to save it for next time! Thanks for supporting us!

Last edited:

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
I wonder who created your sprites, because they are awesome!!!! and the floatzel evo is so cool! I will support you 100%

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
w9d8w7.png
15hiso.png

now I know the first one was done in an anime-like style, but the VS mugshot makes emma look about 9 while the art makes her look 14-17-ish.
I mean I know its not easy to make her look exactly like she is in the art via a VS. Sprite, just some cc.
-------------
anyhow, to be blunt, the rest of the update is absolutely beautiful.

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
Years
First off I'd like to say that this is looking nice. Well, while my writing my lack I'll attempt to critique on some of the sprite works so far. (Don't expect it to be award winning since I haven't been able to sprite for awhile)

Gym Leader: Chelsea
Gym Order: 8th
Badge: Whatever-Water-Pokemon Badge
Gym Type: Water

2hz778y.png

Character Bio: Chelsea is a calm and collected gym leader recently returned from a long voyage overseas. She loves a good challenge and has traveled the world in search of the best, most exciting experiences. From the helm of her boat, Star of the Sea, she has sailed through sun and storm alike across faraway seas toward distant lands. No one is sure where Chelsea comes from. When asked about her past she beams a knowing smile as her answer. She arrived in the Hawthorne region years ago and slowly moved up the ranks among the region's Pokemon trainers, dazzling her opponents with the power of her Pokemon and the serene composure with which she commands them. As a veteran ocean traveler she naturally focuses on training Water-type Pokemon who are so valuable in her travels. While in Hawthorne she is the leader of the region's volunteer search and rescue unit and whether there is disaster looming on the horizon or simply a lost traveler in need of assistance she is ready not only to send planes and boats of rescue teams to affected areas, but to lead them personally.

I like the backstory behind Chelsea, not too complex, and not extremely simple. I can foresee a sub-quest/game arc having to do with a search and rescue or storm but we'll have to wait and see.

Now onto the mugshot (Here's where the critiquing gets sloppy). The first thing that comes across my mind is the arm, I don't know about everyone else but it seems that from the perspective at this given moment makes it come off as muscular. Either shrink the elbow to fit with proportion or adjust the body to accommodate for it. The other issue seems to lie with your outlining, at some parts the lining can be light like in the collar and the sleeve areas. Finally the shading is good, although with places like the face and neck is choppy. I can also tell that the style differs from the Emma mugshot so that needs to be taken into account.

Vivvian's Sprite (redesign)

15p49rb.png
I have to admit, the scratching looks good here while the problems again lie in the outlines and the shading. Make the outlines darker to have the fuller effect as apposed to outlines that are almost the same color as the base. Now with the shading I think that you could possibly use a brighter or more dynamic pallet.

Sorry if this wasn't up to par, I'm just trying to get back in the saddle after such a long hiatus.

Last edited:

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
Emma's Mugshot is strangely familiar to Iris, Doesn't It?Also, Hydrozel has a nice "I'm gonna kill you/rob your house" look his evolutions are meant to have.
Phoenix Rising?They're Phoenix's? Just Over sized Birds to me...
But still,I shall Support.
Crazy Fanboy,
~Ruler Arceus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back