• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Ideas.

What Idea should be a thing?

• PMD RP

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Pokemon Ranger RP

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Pokemon Ranger Trainer Class RP

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Main-Series Journey Pokemon RP

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Pokemon "Evil Team" RP

• Mario RP

• Traditional JRPG RP

• Undertale RP

• Police RP

• "Super Eevee Edition" RP

• Pokemon Conquest RP or general tactical JRPG-inspired RP

• Rivaling gang / Mafia RP

• Total voters

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hey people. It's me Gelius, and you may have known me from "Legends of Gaia: A Journey Ahead" RP, and you are correct, i am the GM there. Sadly, since that RP had a really unfortunate abrupt end as it looks like, i decided to get hands in the dirt. And Decided to share some Ideas:

A Sonic RP which is a Hybrid of Story Based and Sandbox, where there are missions and chapters, skills, probably levels, and even other stuff. I just threw this one here cause i had the idea on the head for quite a while, and wanted to get some suggestions.

A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP. I never done one before, but always wanted, and i normally come up with whole new ideas and concepts for dungeons, story, and more. The good side is that i can reuse any PMD Game out there. The Bad side is how to keep track of the levels and stuff, and it's not an easy stuff, but we might be able to work it.

A Pokemon Ranger RP. I know that this is not a popular game like the Core Series and PMD, and The Orre Games, but Pokemon Ranger definitively would be a whole new grand experience. I could allow trainers there, but it normally would be rangers. Are you ready to relive bosses such as Tyranitar, Muk, Drapion, Gallade, Magmortar, Rhyperior, Salamence, Charizard and etc?

A Pokemon RP. An RP based in the Core Series. I mean, that's a cool stuff. There are regions i never did RPs of, such as Unova, Kalos, Alola, mainly the newer ones. I could try to come up with interesting new concepts to give some twists and turns, and even an amazing plot.

A Mario RP. This sounds dumb, but the more i look at Mario, and even all the levels and custom levels, and of course, all the power ups, i really wanna do a Mario Roleplay now. Who remembers the classic Rock Flower from Super Mario Land, The Bunny Carrot from SML 2, The Iconic Fire Flower from most of the games, the Tanooki Suit from Super Mario Bros 3, or even the Cape, from Super Mario World? And who remembers iconic bosses? I know i do.

A Crossover RP. I always wanted to put two dimensions together, and let chaos rule over. Example, Mario and Sonic is a good example. You know? And there are other possible crossovers, heck, even Pokemon and Digimon!

A Custom Made RPG Based RP. You like Classic RPGs and dem JRPGs, don't you? Well this is made for you. Either in the future, present or ancient pasts, an RPG always works well. We can bring aspects from EVERY RPG out there, and use em here.

Undertale RP, Cause Sans. Another idea i had was a Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, or even crossover of both, RPG. I never played much of Kingdom Hearts, but i remember my Zelda Skills. Who loves em? I do!

A Policial RP. That was the idea i had for a while. But this is in the works.

I thought a lot for a while, and somehow, Metroid RP was an idea that just came up my head.

Taking inspiration of Super Eevee Edition, i really want to do an RP where it happens inside of the game. Man, if i had never played PSEE, i would never remember of this one.

Minecraft, cause yes. I am also open to all of your ideas. If you wanna give suggestions of your own RPs, or even give ideas for the ones i said, feel free.

So yeah. These are my ideas for a following RP.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
HERE HE IS

I should ask if you're equally interested in following through with any one of these ideas, since otherwise it might be more efficient to narrow the list down a handful you're more personally invested in.
Gelius3 said:
A Sonic RP which is a Hybrid of Story Based and Sandbox, where there are missions and chapters, skills, probably levels, and even other stuff. I just threw this one here cause i had the idea on the head for quite a while, and wanted to get some suggestions.
Like this idea; you've had it relatively longer. Do you have any other details about it, or is it mainly the premise that's been thought-up?

Just delving further into any of the ideas you listed, if you can, would also be appreciated, too.

Gelius3 said:
A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP. I never done one before, but always wanted, and i normally come up with whole new ideas and concepts for dungeons, story, and more. The good side is that i can reuse any PMD Game out there.
lol I hope by "reuse" you're not implying you'd want to recycle aspects from preexisting games. Speaking purely on my behalf, I think it's unattractive when roleplays don't aim to achieve more than what their base franchise has standardized. You can get way more creative with "people-turned-Pokemon".

Gelius3 said:
And just what do you mean by a "political RP"? The first notion that came to my mind was that players would be controlling politicians in some wacky election-period scenario.

Honestly, I don't have much of a personal preference regarding what sort of roleplays I'd like to see here, as long as it isn't a vanilla journey RP because they always die. I am still anticipating a strategy-based roleplay; incorporating a tactical edge alongside your already-expressed interest in a JRPG-inspired game could be worth looking into. You also seem very interested in other less-utilized spin-offs of the Pokemon series, like Pokemon Ranger, so I'd also suggest giving Pokemon Conquest some attention, being that it's a game that combines the tactical JRPG genre with Pokemanz and it too, coincidentally, is a crossover game!

Really though, I think any of your ideas can thrive accordingly with enough attention to detail and a good ol' helping of imagination!

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
HERE HE IS

I should ask if you're equally interested in following through with any one of these ideas, since otherwise it might be more efficient to narrow the list down a handful you're more personally invested in.

Like this idea; you've had it relatively longer. Do you have any other details about it, or is it mainly the premise that's been thought-up?

Just delving further into any of the ideas you listed, if you can, would also be appreciated, too.

lol I hope by "reuse" you're not implying you'd want to recycle aspects from preexisting games. Speaking purely on my behalf, I think it's unattractive when roleplays don't aim to achieve more than what their base franchise has standardized. You can get way more creative with "people-turned-Pokemon".

And just what do you mean by a "political RP"? The first notion that came to my mind was that players would be controlling politicians in some wacky election-period scenario.

Honestly, I don't have much of a personal preference regarding what sort of roleplays I'd like to see here, as long as it isn't a vanilla journey RP because they always die. I am still anticipating a strategy-based roleplay; incorporating a tactical edge alongside your already-expressed interest in a JRPG-inspired game could be worth looking into. You also seem very interested in other less-utilized spin-offs of the Pokemon series, like Pokemon Ranger, so I'd also suggest giving Pokemon Conquest some attention, being that it's a game that combines the tactical JRPG genre with Pokemanz and it too, coincidentally, is a crossover game!

Really though, I think any of your ideas can thrive accordingly with enough attention to detail and a good ol' helping of imagination!

I know what you mean. I wanna be invested in these. And i never said that Ranger is something i don't appreciate, i just stated it's not a popular game.

For Sonic, the premise would be something unique While using the Master Emerald and the Chaos Emeralds lol., with not only having battle mechanics, skills, but also "Stage"-like features, maybe a mix of both. You'd be able to explore some already known locations, and maybe some whole new locations.

For PMD, i am able to get creative. The problem is indeed my love for PMD Sky, as i am a huge fan of Grovyle. But i can think of a region, but i'd require someone to do me a Wonder Map, mainly PMD Blue/Red/Sky/Time/Darkness Style. I don't mind newer or custom styles.

Also, not Political. Policial. Like, Cops.

So yeah, i just wanna know what, out of these, people would like to see, and i might give it a shot, give people stuff.

Also, again, i am dedicated to do something.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
GELIUS, MY MAN, YOU ARE BRIMMING WITH IDEAS. STOP, OR YOU'LL FLOOD THE FORUMS

Anyways, hi. I imagine you aren't gonna do all of these but I'll still try my best to provide some input on each idea. Do note that some of these are just my own opinions, so don't take it too personally.

Gelius3 said:

So I'm not really a huge Sonic fan, so this is gonna be hard for me to really get back behind on. Based on the few games I had played, I honestly think the Sonic universe and its canon are a little too tacky to really incorporate into a functional RP since the games heavily revolve around the concept of speed. I feel like this RP would only attract hardcore fans of the series. Like, it'd be a super niche RP here since this is a Pokemon forum. Not to say it's impossible, just realize not everyone who likes Pokemon also likes Sonic.

Gelius3 said:
A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP. I never done one before, but always wanted, and i normally come up with whole new ideas and concepts for dungeons, story, and more. The good side is that i can reuse any PMD Game out there. The Bad side is how to keep track of the levels and stuff, and it's not an easy stuff, but we might be able to work it.

I am definitely in the minority here, but I absolutely hate PMD. I hate humanizing Pokemon via generic methods, and that's all the series really does. If you make a RP where you could hypothetically swap out Mons with anything -- robots, elves, ponies, sentient turds -- then it's just a fruitless concept. However, if you focus on deconstructing on Pokemon lore by acknowledging each individual species and encouraging players to utilize their selective traits, I'd feel that would make for a very interesting project.

Also, don't focus on levels and other super gamey mechanics. While RPs can share some conventions with Video Games, it shouldn't completely emulate the game because this is still a completely different medium. Give yourself and the players some liberties. I mean, I personally feel like levels does absolutely nothing besides initially serving as an inhibitor to prevent players from trampling over the enemies in the RP. I feel like this is only really relevant if the entire RP strictly revolved around combat and Dust is a good example. I don't know if you intend for your PMD RP to be more action orientated, but otherwise just focus on missions and figuring out how to lead players through the narrative without them getting immediately lost.

Gelius3 said:
A Pokemon Ranger RP. I know that this is not a popular game like the Core Series and PMD, and The Orre Games, but Pokemon Ranger definitively would be a whole new grand experience. I could allow trainers there, but it normally would be rangers. Are you ready to relive bosses such as Tyranitar, Muk, Drapion, Gallade, Magmortar, Rhyperior, Salamence, Charizard and etc?

Okay, so I'm not super familiar with the Ranger series. But I remember someone said that these have the potential to basically become endless, i.e, there's no conclusion to the story. Be sure to think of some sort of ending if you're going for this idea. Also, don't give players the option to be traditional trainers -- just focus on the Ranger aspect and have us track down feral Pokemon or something.

Gelius3 said:
A Pokemon RP. An RP based in the Core Series. I mean, that's a cool stuff. There are regions i never did RPs of, such as Unova, Kalos, Alola, mainly the newer ones. I could try to come up with interesting new concepts to give some twists and turns, and even an amazing plot.

So, another Journey RP? Just letting you know that LITERALLY everyone, even people who like them, are mocking these RPs due to how quickly they die. I think it's due to the fact that everybody just sorta emulates the games? It doesn't really provide anything new beyond what we can potentially get out of the main series. I heavily suggest thinking of deconstructions or subversions of familiar tropes to shake up the formula.

Gelius3 said:
A Mario RP. This sounds dumb, but the more i look at Mario, and even all the levels and custom levels, and of course, all the power ups, i really wanna do a Mario Roleplay now. Who remembers the classic Rock Flower from Super Mario Land, The Bunny Carrot from SML 2, The Iconic Fire Flower from most of the games, the Tanooki Suit from Super Mario Bros 3, or even the Cape, from Super Mario World? And who remembers iconic bosses? I know i do.

Dude, there was a Rock Flower in the Game Boy Mario games?! WHHHAAT!

Okay, I'll be honest. I have no idea what to even say to this idea. Like, my only suggestion is to... look at Paper Mario for inspiration?? Considering that series ventured deeper into the Mario universe compared to the traditional platformers. I don't think it sounds dumb, just I never imagined Mario RP could even be feasible. Who knows! Maybe some might be interested in this!

gelius3 said:
A Crossover RP. I always wanted to put two dimensions together, and let chaos rule over. Example, Mario and Sonic is a good example. You know? And there are other possible crossovers, heck, even Pokemon and Digimon!

I honestly think Crossovers are pretty niche and don't seem that interesting, outside the spectacle of having worlds collide. Just stick to one franchise just so everything doesn't get too out of hand.

gelius3 said:
A Custom Made RPG Based RP. You like Classic RPGs and dem JRPGs, don't you? Well this is made for you. Either in the future, present or ancient pasts, an RPG always works well. We can bring aspects from EVERY RPG out there, and use em here.

So, I'm assuming you're doing like an amalgamation, a combination? Taking key elements from various JRPGs and throwing them into what could be an affectionate parody of the genre? I might be misinterpreting this, but that'd be fun. It'll deconstruct some tropes, make fans realize why they like JRPGs to begin with. It's a relatively simple concept.

Gelius3 said:
Undertale RP, Cause Sans. Another idea i had was a Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, or even crossover of both, RPG. I never played much of Kingdom Hearts, but i remember my Zelda Skills. Who loves em? I do!

Just do Undertale, nobody hates it because the internet won't let you criticize it Also, I realize a pattern here -- are you hoping to make a RP based on every major Nintendo franchise? Lol

Gelius3 said:

Okay. This NEEDS more details. I think this can be a really fascinating RP to try out, depending on the setting. Like, is the RP going to be like Game of Thrones where the politics are completely fictional? Or do we literally get to play as Donald Trump??

LMAO I ALSO THOUGHT IT WAS POLITICAL

Gelius3 said:
I thought a lot for a while, and somehow, Metroid RP was an idea that just came up my head.

Honestly, if you're just gonna do a Metroid RP, just make an original sci-fi horror RP that focuses on exploration of the unknown. The canon for the series has never been super specific nor do I feel like it ever cared, given how the franchise is basically killing itself off now. besides I'd rather have a Star Fox RP

Gelius3 said:
Taking inspiration of Super Eevee Edition, i really want to do an RP where it happens inside of the game. Man, if i had never played PSEE, i would never remember of this one.

Is this another Journey? What is Super Eevee Edition??

Gelius3 said:
Minecraft, cause yes. I am also open to all of your ideas. If you wanna give suggestions of your own RPs, or even give ideas for the ones i said, feel free.

DO A MY LITTLE PONY RP

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Gelius3 said:
I know what you mean. I wanna be invested in these.
Good of Ech to tend to them all individually then, eh? I felt it would be more appropriate to analyze with additional details but, honestly, Ech offered a lot of individual nuggets of advice, a lot of which I strongly agree with too, so, uh,
don't read anything i post, ech is clearly a more valuable human being than i

Ech said:
DO A MY LITTLE PONY RP
JUST KIDDING, BAN THIS DEGENERATE IMMEDIATELY.
I actually would consider a MLP game if someone posted one

And you must have misunderstood me regarding Pokemon Ranger, since I only really referenced it to point out how it tends to go under the radar.

Regarding your explanation of the Sonic and PMD-themed concepts, too, I'll hitchhike off of Ech's point: never presume your audience is as well-attuned as you are towards a series! Relying too heavily on prior knowledge can easily isolate potential players and blind you from translating certain elements of a franchise into the more-accessible context of a narrative.

Gelius3 said:
Also, not Political. Policial. Like, Cops.
raw

Not on my A-game tonight.

Though that also piques my interest considerably. How do you think a roleplay oriented around the police might play out? I've always wanted to become part of the popo.

Gelius3 said:
Also, again, i am dedicated to do something.
RIP never meant to imply you weren't, just make sure you don't overwhelm yourself. Can't tell you how many times I've gotten excited over an idea I should've let develop more only to have it crumble before me. I'd be happy to help you avoid the same circumstances any way that I can.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018
don't read anything i post, ech is clearly a more valuable human being than i

OH SENPAI

JUST KIDDING, BAN THIS DEGENERATE IMMEDIATELY.

35fa17865a8f664166b941c661e1ecf1.gif

GUYS REMEMBER WHEN MLP WAS STILL A POPULAR SHIT MEME

(man, what the fuck am i doing... i'm not even a fan of the show)

Though that also piques my interest considerably. How do you think a roleplay oriented around the police might play out? I've always wanted to become part of the popo.

I think a RP that revolved around the boys in blue have some potential for satirical comedy. Like it's essentially modeled after GTA, except we're the corrupt cops who's hated by everyone. The only other alternative that allows for a more serious tone is to shift the RP's focus on us being private investigators, but I honestly have no clue how to efficiently organize this as a RP.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
If anyone makes a MLP roleplay I'm going to steal an admin's password and ban everyone for being so sinful.

A Sonic RP.

if it aint da best DAMN shaduw da hedgehof rp i dont want non hun

It would take a lot, and I mean a lot, for me to feel roused or intrigued by a Sonic RP. Piggybacking off Ech here, I feel like its core gimmick doesn't translate into an RP setting, which leaves me to ask why you wouldn't just make another series RP or a custom RP instead if you have to make mechanics/story from the ground up. Idk I just don't see a Sonic RP being all that popular, especially considering that the setting has never been all that great to work with story-wise since it's so cliche and confused. To boot, all the times I've unintentionally stumbled across Sonic porn has made me dispassionate and antagonistic towards the series.

Unless we got to raise our own chao. That was the shit.

A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP.

They've been tried a lot, and I think you'd need to make something special out of it if you're going to do this. I could easily live out the plot of existing games by going out and buying them, so I would love to see one of these with solid easy-to-understand mechanics and interesting missions to choose from. Also, I think these become way too open-ended at times and that's why they die out so easily, so keeping your focus tight might be the trick to properly running one of these.

A Pokemon Ranger RP.

The only problem I see with this one is how one-note it could become for the writer. It doesn't sound super interactive with other players from the base concept, and it's got the same problem as Sonic, where the mechanics don't sound like they'd translate well.

Thinking outside the box and dissecting the various responsibilities a real-life ranger might face sounds like a great angle for something like this, and would grab enough of my attention to read an entire OP.

A Pokemon RP.

raw

Another Journey RP? Yawn. We already have one with experimental mechanics that I'm dying to see work, and it has been time-tested that traditional journey RPs don't thrive on this forum.

A Mario RP.

I'm ... super interested, actually; though I wonder how character creation would work. I think a Paper Mario-esc story would be hella fun to go through, or something with similar storytelling to Superstar Saga or Partners in Time could pull me in.

Undertale RP.

Do it, I'd play the shit out of it.

A Policial RP.

giphy.gif

I would need to hear more details, because it depends what kind of police we'd be portraying that would determine my interest.​

Reactions: Ech

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
GUYS REMEMBER WHEN MLP WAS STILL A POPULAR SHIT MEME
That feel when My Little Pony finally begins to fade out of relevancy but your gay friend keeps bringing it up anyway.
cute-cringe-gif-456.gif

Like a spicy burp.

Going off of you mentioning how you wouldn't know how to "efficiently organize" a private investigator RP, you unoriginal hack, just the concept of being PIs in itself is greatly applicable to a number of existing concepts. A RP based in a film noir type of setting would be wonderful to see. Perhaps taking those franchises of interest like Pokemon or even Sonic and Mario and applying something so out-of-left-field as Sherlock Holmes-esque sleuthing could make for great fun as well.

You mentioning private detectives reminded me of how much I love detectives in the first place, lol.

Who's Kiyo? said:
^^^^^^^^^
About to delete whatever flimsy point(s) I tried making before. This is what we should really be aiming for.

Actually, speaking of rangers and main series Pokemon titles, I'd be down with a roleplay revolving around the actual ranger Trainer class. I think there's a lot that this class in-particular implies about the Pokemon universe, mainly that there are people with actual field experience probably keeping an eye out for all these comparably less-responsible tweens, teens, and kids.

Ech

Years
  • Age 104
  • Seen Oct 30, 2018

Honestly, Gelius. Just do this. I literally don't even care about anything else.

Fuck OTM, this is where my focus will be at.

Going off of you mentioning how you wouldn't know how to "efficiently organize" a private investigator RP, you unoriginal hack

blocked for being a meanie poopoohead

Disclosed said:
You mentioning private detectives reminded me of how much I love detectives in the first place, lol.

unblocked

Also, yeah, I'm actually "trying" to incorporate a detective character in one of my RPs my only RP at the moment. I really want to make a character like Nahman Jayden from Heavy Rain, because dude's like my fucking hero. And honestly, I just like the idea of having our characters tackling on an actual mystery -- which is something I'm looking forward to in OTM.

I think from my point of view, I feel like putting all the focus on solving mysteries require a lot of extensive planning between players and the GM. By myself, I'm not very good at deducing things logically myself and I feel that would translate into my character which would contradict their profession as a PI. I'm just stupid, okay?

LOL SORRY GELIUS IF WE'RE OVERWHELMING YOU BUDDY, BUT THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR LISTING THOUSANDS OF IDEAS AT ONCE

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
a policial RP

Hello hairgelius-chan I'm way too lazy and tired to actually write as much as the no lifers above me, but I just want to say I would absolutely love a RP where you play as cops. It could have different departments of cops, and have cool abilities based on the job, and have donuts, and buddy cop action, and detective scenarios, and BASICALLY I REALLY WANT A RP WHERE YOU PLAY AS LAW&ORDER

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
So seeing your opinions, i would respond yesterday if i was awake. No problem though.

Starting from answering, yes, there was a Rock Flower from Super Mario Land. I also though it was a Fire Flower, but after closer inspection and search, i learned that the power up was "Flower", that turned Mario into "Superball Mario", which lets him shoot "Super Balls". But since i don't like the name, and that Mario looks like he throws rocks, i just call it Rock Flower. You can call it Superball Flower, or just Flower.

To answer others, first:

Yes, i know there are not much Sonic fans, and i am aware. I just threw that suggestion. I think that what made Sonic be less popular are the THINGS we all found. Though Raising Chao... HELL YES---/infinite shooting

Let's not forget fake old man from adventure

As For Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, indeed, it would be a challenge to get ourselves something to maintaining, BUT, not Butts, but BUT, if it's creativity, ask me, and you get it.

As for Pokemon Rangers, not the Trainer Class, i know it's a bit hard to make, but, who does not like a challenge often? The thing is, i do plan a new story if it goes that way.

For Mario, never expected to see many interested people in it! Good to know. I could bring in M&L and Paper Mario aspects in it, and add the Power Ups and some stuff from the Plataformer Games.

For Journey, yes. I know many see it die. But i want to challenge myself to it. If it does not live out, well too bad, try something else. You can never give up.

If Crossovers are not recommended, i wont.

For the RPG one, i'd definitely would need some help for RPG Aspects, and believe me, i have quite some. But they are not enough.

Nah, i just like Zelda.

Also, glad to see that there are People who would actually like to see Undertale. If you want, we can give it a shot, and even add character based on GOOD Fangames or even originals from us. Depends though. Plus, Sans bro. But the reason i wasn't considering is due to how much hate the game gets, but personally, i love the game by how well made it's done, and how much influences in a good way some gamers. So now, i am down for it.

For the Cops, it would be a good concept, though there are many routes we could do it. UNLESS, we think of a base, with multiple endings and routes, and depending on the actions, the following stuff may differ.

Wanna me to be honest? I never played Star Fox, sadly, nor could i.

Super Eevee Edition is a Fanmade Game of Pokemon that is REALLY GOOD. I don't wanna spoil you stuff, but if your opinions are like mine, an RP of it would be rather different than any regular Journey.

Never watched My Little Pony, nor my parents want me to watch it. I said Minecraft, cause A: Biomes, B: Mods, mainly for Biomes, C: Custom Biomes and structures and items. CAUSE WHY NOT?, D: Why not?

For Pokemon Ranger Trainer Class... That actually reminds me of a good idea. What about one where there is "Orders", from younger and inexperienced to Older and Experienced, and depending on the missions, different orders are sent, such as, Pokemon Rampaging in a huge cliff, normally the older ones would be deployed, but to perhaps give formation on schools, and to help in small requests, or explore some forest, that would be the Younger ones to be deployed. You could have a different outfit outside of your ranger job. Surely, you can use a different way on the Ranger Trainer Class, but depends.

For Any Franchise with sherlock holmes style... Dunno.

Now that i look at it, we have a lot of ideas, and i would definitely need help to set one up, for you guys to give some originality to it, for you to colaborate together in this. But as i see, there are a lot of ideas, and only one can pass.

Edit 1: Lol i forgot about Law & Order. Normally, i watch CSI, NCIS: Los Angeles, Hawaii Five-0, heck, at times even Castle. But yeah, that'd be good. And i remembered that we could mix Pokemon and Cops. As in, International Police, with LOOKER!

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
You can never give up.
tumblr_m2jizxU89R1qh4b99.gif

WE'LL NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU, GEL

Gelius3 said:
Never watched My Little Pony, nor my parents want me to watch it.
THANK GOD, YOUR PARENTS ARE SAINTS

Gelius3 said:
For Pokemon Ranger Trainer Class... That actually reminds me of a good idea. What about one where there is "Orders", from younger and inexperienced to Older and Experienced, and depending on the missions, different orders are sent, such as, Pokemon Rampaging in a huge cliff, normally the older ones would be deployed, but to perhaps give formation on schools, and to help in small requests, or explore some forest, that would be the Younger ones to be deployed. You could have a different outfit outside of your ranger job. Surely, you can use a different way on the Ranger Trainer Class, but depends.
I do like the idea of deploying certain rangers for certain tasks; I wouldn't separate characters based on general experience, then, just on related duties they are most well-equipped for. Sending some players in one direction and others in another could also create a concerning divide, so I would keep balance in consideration--making sure each group have near-equal opportunities--if you do employ this idea.

Your take on main-series Rangers reminds me of an idea I almost brought here regarding an evil team and the main classes characters who worked under said organization could take on, including allied Trainers, generic grunts, ambassadors, and scientists. I remember people wanted a Pokemon roleplay revolving around bad guys before, and there actually was one that crossed the journey RP formula with working under Team Galactic, but I guess it shriv-eled up and died, as Fox would put it. Consider throwing the formula out and just making a RP entirely involved with being on the dark side for once? Players could be grunts, admins, scientists, etc. Instead of limiting grunts to the role as "rookies" also you could give them a more stealth and infiltration-oriented role within the organization?

Ooooh, and speaking of suspicious groups, I really miss Venice's mafia idea. Think old, Renaissance-age Italy, secretly infested with multifarious, malevolent factions and good ol' gangs, all in a ruthless conflict for further influence. The roleplay would center around manipulation and ever-shifting relationships; gangs might ally temporarily with one another to crush common enemies or plant spies or impostors in opposers' territory. It could be combo'd with tactical elements a la Advance Wars; each player heads his/her own gang with a certain piece of the main city under said gang's full control until they overthrow an opponent's influence. Modernize the roleplay and we can go full crips and bloods in this bazzizle! Even better, take the idea of a mafia and amalgamate with your interest in a policial roleplay. Now, some characters are trying to bust one of the biggest criminal operations America had ever known in 1920's America as the cops while everyone else is part of said organization as the gangsters. Throw in some fantasy or slight science-fiction elements to appeal to a larger audience if it's your thing and you've got yourself something big.

...Needless to say, I'm very hyped at the prospect of any roleplay related to controlling villains, ha ha. That'd be what I'd anticipate most, though I'm sure the other memers on this thread have different perspectives than I. Maybe, Gelius, you could create a poll pitting the concepts thought up against one another to gauge opinions more clearly if you'd want to tackle any of them for a future roleplay. After all, they're super easy and accessible; you don't have to flood a thread to fill out a poll, lol

Reactions: Ech

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Well i could, but looking at the post, it would be hard to get every single thing. So we, starting from this post, need someone to sum up all ideas.

We also could do a School that instead of teaching you to be trainers, teaches you to be antagonists. Totally not inspired by PkmnTrainerYellow's Trainer Academy thingy With many leaders and admins of teams as teachers, and Giovanni as principal. You'd learn how to bribe people, to steal pokemon, like, legit stealing, not with Snag Machine, though you can do that, but you can also do the classic "Gimmie your Pokemon or say goodbye to your life" route. You'd learn how to vandalize, to rob banks, to do all kinds of evil stuff. You'd also be trained to fight strong pokemon for the organization. Heck, maybe special jobs for students to catch Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, or anything. If it's evil, it works.

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Well i could, but looking at the post, it would be hard to get every single thing. So we, starting from this post, need someone to sum up all ideas.
ec51a-hiho6.gif

• Sonic RP
  • PMD RP
  • Pokemon Ranger RP
  • Main-series Pokemon journey RP
  • Pokemon "evil team" RP
  • Mario RP
  • Crossover RP
  • Traditional JRPG RP
  • Undertale RP
  • Popo RP, likely with mystery elements
  • Rivaling gang / mafia RP
  • ...and the Pokemon villains' school idea you just suggested.

Might have left out some needed evaluation but I believe that's the gist...?

Gelisu3 said:
We also could do a School that instead of teaching you to be trainers, teaches you to be antagonists. Totally not inspired by PkmnTrainerYellow's Trainer Academy thingy With many leaders and admins of teams as teachers, and Giovanni as principal. You'd learn how to bribe people, to steal pokemon, like, legit stealing, not with Snag Machine, though you can do that, but you can also do the classic "Gimmie your Pokemon or say goodbye to your life" route. You'd learn how to vandalize, to rob banks, to do all kinds of evil stuff. You'd also be trained to fight strong pokemon for the organization. Heck, maybe special jobs for students to catch Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, or anything. If it's evil, it works.
Honestly, I think stealing Pokemon, vandalism, etc. can all be done without a mediocre school setting; limiting a roleplay to a wannabe Hogwarts as so many insist on doing in-turn strangles uniquity and encourages a sluggish pace, especially when the focus is on periods and classes. Ugh, trust me, Gel; I've been in a fair share of academy roleplays elsewhere and they always ended abruptly when people realized going from Period 1 to 2 to 3 to lunch was exactly as tedious to write as it was to live through in the real world! If you're down for it, good on ya, but I wouldn't recommend carrying on with the idea.

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
ec51a-hiho6.gif

• Sonic RP
  • PMD RP
  • Pokemon Ranger RP
  • Main-series Pokemon journey RP
  • Pokemon "evil team" RP
  • Mario RP
  • Crossover RP
  • Traditional JRPG RP
  • Undertale RP
  • Popo RP, likely with mystery elements
  • Rivaling gang / mafia RP
  • ...and the Pokemon villains' school idea you just suggested.

Might have left out some needed evaluation but I believe that's the gist...?

Honestly, I think stealing Pokemon, vandalism, etc. can all be done without a mediocre school setting; limiting a roleplay to a wannabe Hogwarts as so many insist on doing in-turn strangles uniquity and encourages a sluggish pace, especially when the focus is on periods and classes. Ugh, trust me, Gel; I've been in a fair share of academy roleplays elsewhere and they always ended abruptly when people realized going from Period 1 to 2 to 3 to lunch was exactly as tedious to write as it was to live through in the real world! If you're down for it, good on ya, but I wouldn't recommend carrying on with the idea.

I made a poll with the options. So you can chose. But yeah, i removed some of the less likely options.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Raising Chao... HELL YES---/infinite shooting

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind playing as a Chao. They're super easy to customize and their morality system is dying to be played with in an RP setting. This sort of thing would be great for a short-minded RP, where there's one little plot that we can sink our teeth into and get affected by.

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon ... if it's creativity, ask me, and you get it.

b90.gif

it's ours, my friend, as along as we have enough rupees

For Mario, never expected to see many interested people in it!

The only thing with this is that I think it would be super weird if we, as players, played as Mario or Luigi or any main character from the given franchise. I would be really good with playing as one of the many varieties of enemies there have been, like a Blooper or a Spiny oooo

For Journey ... i want to challenge myself to it.

There's challenge and then there's misguided. Unless you plan for it to be a "no-true-end," I don't see it panning out. I don't really understand RPs that try to plot out vast, great adventures or don't plan tangible, obtainable ends. That's potentially asking for year(s) of dedication and begging for people to go inactive and kill it.

If Crossovers are not recommended, i wont.

Not to say that one can't be really interesting or awesome, it's just that people are unsure what combinations would really work. Maybe a Smash Brothers-esc set-up would work? I vaguely remember an RP where you got to play as any character from any universe ever and thought the idea - in itself - was a hoot, but maybe that's just because I want to see Robbie Rotten rip Inspector Gadget's teeth out with a bicycle chain in some 1930's Film Noir movie city.

glad to see that there are People who would actually like to see Undertale.

I'm totally down for one, but I'm unsure what direction you could take it in. I think a RP should focus around the concept of Mercy as the game did.

Super Eevee Edition ... an RP of it would be rather different than any regular Journey.

I'm listening. Would we all get the titular Eevee?

Never watched My Little Pony, nor my parents want me to watch it.

The show itself is not really the issue - it's literally just a frilly cartoon - but I just don't want to go into ...

bronies-photos-videos-documentary-My-Little-pony-adult-fans-conventions_2014-06-26_20-53-44.jpg

... this territory.

I said Minecraft, cause A: Biomes, B: blah, blah, blah!

I'm yawning. If I wanted to play Minecraft, I'd just buy Minecraft. What's special about an RP based off it?

For Pokemon Ranger Trainer Class... That actually reminds me of a good idea.

There's tons to do with the concept and I'm glad you're trying to expand! I urge to remind you that fun comes from the ability to interact with other players, so separating them in the way you described with "experience" sounds unnecessary and counteractive to the spirit of RP'ing.

For Any Franchise with sherlock holmes style... Dunno.
we could mix Pokemon and Cops. As in, International Police, with LOOKER!

Solving mysteries is my shit, don't hit it and quit it make it h a p p e n .

characters are trying to bust criminal operations in 1920's America as cops while everyone else is a gangster.

ba01408e-4253-4afa-888d-1eaf18b28017.gif

gurl don't blueball me like this hnng

Totally not inspired by PkmnTrainerYellow's Trainer Academy

As Disclosed said, Academy RPs can get tedious. Our Trainer Academy lasted as long as it did because it was incredibly easy to hop in and out and we had more players back then (not to forget Yellow's dedication), not because it had any real longevity. I don't see the point in going to "thief school!!" when you could just as easily make an RP about us being criminals being sent to actually rob or sabotage or desecrate. And it'd be more delicious and dangerous that way.​

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Kiyo being a straight savage. Let the boy have dreams.

Who's Kiyo said:
I vaguely remember an RP where you got to play as any character from any universe ever...
Speaking of "crossover" RPs, actually, I remember seeing something interesting a long while back on this board: a game where players explored the settings of other existing roleplays. I have no idea how long it lasted but I think the basic plot was a generic "save-the-world-from-evil" sort of gig. The most appealing part for me was that main gimmick of incorporating other RPs since it really asserted a sense of community and inter-connectivity that, in the midst of everyone limiting themselves to the Discord now, the Roleplay Theatre could use more of.

(And I still don't know what 'Super Eevee Edition' is)

PEOPLE BETTER LIKE MY GANGSTER IDEA SO I DON'T HAVE TO MAKE IT

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Kiyo being a straight savage.

koala-explosion.gif

down with the tyranny of optimism

main gimmick of incorporating other RPs since it really asserted a sense of community and inter-connectivity

One of the most successful and fun mafia games in the Underground was a similar concept where the roles, even ones that didn't do anything, were named after regular players. There's nothing nobody likes more than being noticed and feeling like they're apart of a bigger community.

still don't know what 'Super Eevee Edition' is

gurl hav u herd a' google: clik here u ho

Junier

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Come on, come on, get down with the sickness

Who's Kiyo? said:
There's nothing nobody likes more than being noticed and feeling like they're apart of a bigger community.
xDGAN.gif

I KNOW RIGHT?

And I forgot you were part of the mafia! No wonder you want a gangster roleplay.
gurl hav u herd a' google
UM

I expected a fucking FireRed remodel where the starter trifecta was replaced with Eevee not this. This is fabulous. A roleplay based on this would definitely scratch the traditional JRPG itch and likely the main series journey itch as well except there would be a sincere aim that isn't "exist until champion": kill gods. Damn.

ImMrRoboto

That's MISTER Roboto to you!
Years
Personally, I would love a Pokémon Ranger RP. Shadows of Almia was one of my favorite Pokémon games, and I've never seen an RP of it before. As a matter of fact, I have something of a story idea myself. It's not very good at all, though.

I'm also interested in seeing how an Undertale RP would work.

Back