• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] Just for Fun - What Pokemon could be used for "Let's Go" games of other regions?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Just a bit of a fun thing to think about. Whilst I don't think Eevee was a good choice due to his main gimmick being his evolutions, I can kind of see why he was chosen due to his popularity, and because of him being Pikachu's sort-of parallel in Pokemon Yellow. However it made me wonder what Pokemon would be the ideal mascot/partner Pokemon if Let's Go continued to the other regions.

Johto would HAVE to be Marill IMO. He was one of the first Johto Pokemon to be showin in the anime, he was hugely popular and well known, and he's like the Pikachu of the 2nd gen (not counting Pichu) I guess Togepi would be the other option for similar reasons. Obviously both would need to be a little stronger and more useful than regular Marill and Togepi, but I'm guessing this is going to be the case with eevee.

However I pretty much get stuck after that. Maybe Skitty for 3rd gen? For the others I'd say the token Pikachu clone (Pachirisu, Emolga, Togedemaru etc) and some other Pokemon. If there was a 3rd Kanto version then a Team Rocket themed Let's Go Meowth would be super interesting, but I'm guessing that will never happen :P

Which Pokemon do you guys think would be good for hypothetical future Let's Go mascots?

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
The mascots for each region for Let's Go will be this:

Johto: Marill and Togepi

Hoenn: Ralts

Sinnoh: Riolu

Unova: Landorus-T

Kalos: Aegislash, Ash-Greninja

Alola: Celesteela, Magearna, Pheromosa, Buzzwole, Toxapex, All Tapus

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018

I can't tell if you're joking or not...

In any case, they'll all be unevolved Pokemon, rest assured of that.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 28, 2019

LOL

Ralts and Riolu are really good choices though! And I'd be curious to see how many people would buy 'Lets go Landorus.'

Last edited:

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
Johto: Marill and Togepi, or possibly Pichu and Togepi?
Hoenn: Plusle and Minun? If not: pick 2 of Ralts, Poochyena, Slakoth and Skitty.
Sinnoh: Riolu and...Shinx?
Unova: Uh...I feel like Zorua would be a shoe-in, but I'm not sure what the other would be. Emolga? Maybe we could just skip the whole thing and have Let's Go Purrloin and Let's Go Lillipup.
Kalos: Espurr and Goomy
Alola: Mimikyu and Stufful
And just for fun...Ultra Space: Nihilego and Poipole

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
My Unova to Alola one turned into pokemon Let's Go: tier list edition joke, which is what the likes of Smogon would probably do.

My serious answer:

No pika clones, that's for sure, it'd be uncreative. Marill is an exception because it's not really a pika clone.

My Johto to Sinnoh ones seem probable.

Unova: Zorua, they really tried to make this guy the Rockruff/Riolu marketing tool of gen 5. Minccino as well since Juniper shows it off at the start and it's right after Zorua on the pokedex. They really showed those two off during gen 5.

Kalos: Pancham and Skiddo, both semi popular, cute pokemon. I feel like they capture Kalos fairly well.

Alola: Grotesquely popular Mimikyu probably but it's already powerful and fully evolved so it's unfair. Alola has too many high stats single stage mons I swear, trying to dish out competitive pokemon, ew. Rockruff and Stufful is more likely than Mimikyu. No need for UBs mascots. They are bland, ugly pokemon that thrive on tier list viability.

I think there's no need for a pokemon pair for for every region, it's excessive but GF will probably do it anyways cause of $

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Johto: Larvitar. Seriously that Anime mini-arc epitomizes Johto. Might as well pair it with Togepi because it?s also a signature Pokemon of Johto.
Hoenn: Hard to say on this but I?d do Skitty and Poochyena. Dog and Cat pairing.
Sinnoh: Shinx and Buneary
Unova: Zorua
Kalos: Bunnelby and/or Pancham
Alola: Vulpix(Kanto and Alolan form).

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Johto: Larvitar. Seriously that Anime mini-arc epitomizes Johto. Might as well pair it with Togepi because it's also a signature Pokemon of Johto.
Hoenn: Hard to say on this but I'd do Skitty and Poochyena. Dog and Cat pairing.
Sinnoh: Shinx and Buneary
Unova: Zorua
Kalos: Bunnelby and/or Pancham
Alola: Vulpix(Kanto and Alolan form).

Giving beginning trainers a pseudo legendary pokemon is a little overkill

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
For Johto I was going to suggest Togepi and Snubbull just because I thought they went well together, but after seeing Togepi and Maril I think that's a better fit. Kind of makes that pattern obvious that was though, Pikachu clone + Lucario of that gen.

Johto: Togepi & Maril
Hoenn: Plusle & Minun
Sinnoh: Pachirisu & Riolu (I feel like Munchlax would work, too)
Unova: Emolga & Zorua
Kalos: Dedene & Froakie
Alola: Togedemaru & Mimikyu

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Eh but it can?t evolve into its final form. Granted there are ways around it but there aren?t too many Pokemon that you can point to and say that is Johto.

Mareep, Togepi, Marill, Wooper, Houndour, Snubbull are pretty identifiable as Johto and good candidates. It's also possible they would use starters for mascots after gen 1.

Back