• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you get HG/SS on the day it came out?

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
Years
The first day all shops had not been sent anything or had been sold out for me. So I had to wait until the next day and drop by the Eaton Center.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2010
Yes. Their were 4 copies left of Heart Gold, Yet, I still haven't made very much progress, haven't beaten the 1st Gym yet.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
Years
No, but I did get it today. :D

I noticed that on the instructions for the Pokewalker, it said "Do not submerge in liquid."

But what if my water Pokemon want to take a swim? XD

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Where the heck do you all live? "Last copies"?

I saw 12 copies of Soul Silver and 15 Heart Golds at Future Shop near my house; there were also a lot at Walmart and Zellers.

o0

Kinda reminds me when the Wii came out lol While everyone else had an "out-of-stock" sign, like in big cities, there were like 10 at Future Shop rofl

Years
yea i got Heartgold around 12:10 p.m. and i was the only one there over 13 years old.Also i preordered on the 1st of march and i didnt get my figure on the 14th when i went to get my game,i could just buy em at wal-mart but itd b such a better memory years from now if i had gotten EVERYTHING i had paid for

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
Years
Yeah, i got SoulSilver the first day. And I must say, It is the best game that I have ever preordered. Actually, it's the only one I've ever preordered, but i still love it!

Years
I was out of town and pre-ordered it at a store back home :( Funny thing is I started traveling home the day it came out too, but did not make it in time before the stores closed :( Had to get it the next day :L

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
i got SoulSilver today at 11:30am played it for 8 hours straight i have 4 badges now lol

its fun~ but i beat the first 3 gyms with only one pokemon :'D thee gyms are really easy....hrm

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
Yup:)
SoulSilver at Target,though I couldn't decide on a starter until a few days later.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
Years
Indeed. I did get it on March 14th and I have to say that I am quite happy now. I even got the guide. I didn't even play the game that much at first. I just messed around with the Pokewalker, which proved to be a good idea at the time since I got a Kangaskhan with the Scrappy ability, so now I can smash Morty with Headbutt. :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 15, 2011
I got it the morning it came out! I wasn't the oldest, but it was mostly little kids. There was a HUGE line :) I played Pokemon in line cause I'm cool like that

steffyace

You can call me Meg
Years
I would have, but then I realized a book I have been waiting for came out one day after, so I waited, got two things with one trip. Though the wait was agonizing... I can't imagine how I got through it.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
I'm waiting 'til I leave on a trip to visit family in a few weeks. Playin' Pokemon on the plane 8)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 3, 2023
Yup, went to the mall opening day and picked up my reserved copied from Gamestop at about 10 in the morning. Then 3 of my friends and I spent the entire day playing the game until about 4 in the morning on Monday... It was one of the greatest days of my life ^.^!

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
yes I did. I got there right when they were about to open. Ugh there was a longgg line, Im glad I got there so early in the morning.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
Years
I got both of them on the day they came out (and the guide book)

I walk in, there's a good bit of people (There's usually only 0-3 people other than me if I go in, this time there were like 15... My friends say there's usually 0-3 people, as well.)
and I get in the shorter line... One person was in front of me, leaving just as I got into line. I start pulling my proof of pre-order out of my pocket (My receipt) and the woman says "You here to pick up pokemon?" I reply with a yes, and give her my receipt. She pulls a guidebook of the stack of guidebooks on the desk, pulls out HG and SS, puts them on top, and grabs the figurines, puts them on top of the guide book...
I walk out (Spending like 45 dollars in trade-in and money, cause I had SS payed off, and a 5 dollars on the guide and HG)

Seeing the way the games look on top of the guide book, I decided to set up a little thing in my room...

Spoiler:

The Image is pretty big, so I put it in spoilers :P

Oh, I want those goodies. *_*

I got it on the 3rd day. March 16th. It was on my must buy things. I would have gotten in on the 14th, but I'm afraid they wouldn't have it in stock (I live in Singapore, btw.) and I'd have wasted my trip there. I actually planned it to be a week after March 14th, but since I was passing by (Mar 16th) I looked, found and bought it! Though, I think the cashier gave me my change wrongly.

Back