• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
No, you didn't miss anything. Since this a GBA PKMN hack,
you will not be expecting any Platinum moves.

However, there are new custom moves made by Wesley.
Lava Surf
- Fire type move
- Attack: 95

Soar
- Flying type move
- Attack: 90 (Originally Flynning, but there's is no such word)
Well... actually... Lava Surf is Flash and Soar (WTF?! o.O) is Aerial Ace =)
Anyways Soar? I do get its meaning but am I the only one that thinks this really does not fit? Even Float would be better. =)

I mean... Giratina use Soar! It sounds weird o.O

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
I suggest keeping Soar, but changing Lava Surf to Lava Flow.

Right. I'll be changing Lava Surf to Lava Flow.
Oh, and TS, I have good news to announce.
It is actually possible for PKMN to evolve via an item. (Not with evolution stones)

I'm waiting for Fireworks to reply my message so that I can learn how to do that. If I manage to the hang of it, Snorunt will evolve via Spell Tag.

Years
I'd use ASM, after all we are trying to make this ROM Hack better than when Wesley made it. So yeah use ASM, since I don't really know how to use it. Also I like the names for the custom moves Lava Flow and Soar. There are badge names on Wesley's website that the gym leaders give you that need their names changed. Especially since most of them are just the gym leader's type which is boring.

Here they are from Ariadna to Stella:

Buzz Badge
Plant Badge
Sail Badge
Spirit Badge
Shovel Badge
Power Badge
Snow Badge
Draco Badge
Ragged Badge
Wing Badge
Fist Badge
Ember Badge
Ninja Badge
Sleep Badge
Psi Badge
Diamond Badge

Color Coded For Your Convenience! :)

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
This is just a suggestion, but how about having Snorunt evolve via a NEVERMELTICE. It kinda plays on the whole ice pokemon.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2011
OMG i hate cut >.< and i taught it to my leader poke!!! xD there rant over. Yes nevermeltice is junk and is a great idea to evolve sno.
Iunno bout you guys but ive just reached the third little town and i have 40k moneys 3 evolution stones and 2 free pokemon isnt that a little overpowered considering the trainers are all weak so far? And a free dratini :( kinda killed my love for the dam drag poke... And ty to all who answered my moves question..

Quick ps is it hard to duplicate a move or tm like recover rename it to heal order and make it a bug type move? xD

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
OMG i hate cut >.< and i taught it to my leader poke!!! xD there rant over. Yes nevermeltice is junk and is a great idea to evolve sno.
Iunno bout you guys but ive just reached the third little town and i have 40k moneys 3 evolution stones and 2 free pokemon isnt that a little overpowered considering the trainers are all weak so far? And a free dratini :( kinda killed my love for the dam drag poke... And ty to all who answered my moves question..
Well that's good for you, isn't it? :D

Yeah, Float is better than Soar
Oh... someone agrees with me, great :D

Nope, you can do it with a Hex Editor.
Well that's even worse o.O You can mess up a lot more things that way o.O
I'm kinda worried... :/

Nah, since Froslass is part Ghost type, it will only make sense if you evolve
it via Spell Tag.
But it still is more of an ice type then ghost type... I'd use NeverMeltIce as well.

Years
From what I hear hex editing isn't that hard, and it isn't used as much as tools are. I'd use hex editing if I were you, since it seems to edit more. By the way can you show a picture of what the preview of the translated version looks like? Just wondering.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
So I beat the world championship (barely!) but now I have no idea how I'm supposed to get to Alpha Island to fight arceus...

What am I supposed to do?!?!

Where is Lauren League 7th badge GYM leader and shinx,steelix,crobat...?
Shinx is hidden in the grass on the route just west of the town with the zoo. keep going west until you hit the next town and snorlax is on the route north of that. then steelix somehow made it across the river to the west and the gym leader is standing next to steelix.. hope that made sense!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i say it again xD cant wait for 1.1 english version !! :D
translate will be ready until holidays come ? (one month to end translation :P )
Oh... no? Do not say anything that may be taken by some people for granted. ;)
We do NOT know when it'll be translated.
And we do NOT want to guess.
I can only say that SP's finished up to Groment City.

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Would you mind approximating what percentage of completion 'up to Groment City' is, for those who haven't played the game?

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
Oh... no? Do not say anything that may be taken by some people for granted. ;)
We do NOT know when it'll be translated.
And we do NOT want to guess.
I can only say that SP's finished up to Groment City.

Actually, I'm up to Serenity City, but the Rom screwed up.
Fortunately, I have a backup Rom that goes up to Groment City.
All I have to do is copy and paste the text from the screwed up Rom to the updated Rom (The one that is up to Groment City) and I can continue working on it. Ash is currently working on my patch, and he will send me back the patch today.

Would you mind approximating what percentage of completion 'up to Groment City' is, for those who haven't played the game?

As I've said, I'm up to Serenity City. The percentage of completion is about 55%. (That includes all of the changes on names, PKMN, Pokedex entries, OWs, sprites)

Last edited:

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
Years
can you release a beta of LP english? hope its in ips patch format coz im only using my mobile phone to play and download LP, and its only 50kbps.
thanks in advance!

sorry for my bad english. :)

Your English isn't that bad.
Anyways, the English beta is still not completed yet.
It's about 55% completed, as I've said in the above post.
I have bad news to announce though. If you're using a mobile phone to play,
you might have to wait for some Trainers to load the black screen.

For VBA players, all you have to is speed up, but for mobile phone players,
you might have to wait for a minute or so.

Back