The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio
FireRed Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

ROM Hacks Studio The ROM Hacks Studio — once known as our “Hacks Showcase” — is the best place on the web to find ROM hacks. Browse our curated collection, all made by PokéCommunity members: patch, play, and enjoy!

Old June 8th, 2016 (11:32 AM).
The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
    This hack was just updated a few days ago Butcher.....you should look at the front page.

Anyway I have an issue with the TMs, I remember TMs were reusable and they were in my game just now in fact, but suddenly all my TMs vanished after using one on one of my pokemon. After resetting, my TMs were still gone, the ones that vanished bein ones I had previously used on my pokemon at least once before. This needs to be fixed quickly if at all possible.
    Old June 8th, 2016 (1:05 PM).
    Mother of Dragons

Nature: Gentle
    Can you get another raft after yours gets torn apart during the Mewtwo event?

While I am here I'd like to give a headsup about a glitch in the restaurant stationed near the pokemon breeding center for the butch/cassidy event. Every time I go on a quest for the cook to show him his favorite pokemon he rewards me with berries that look sketchy. The berries won't go into the BERRY POUCH of my KEY ITEMS page, they stay instead with all of your other ITEMS and can't be identified as berries in the drop menu. Once the berries are received they will appear as just a long series of question marks with no description or image. I decided against letting my pokemon eat those punctuation marks ... i was worried they might have a severe allergic reaction. Anyone else had issues getting berries from the chef?

Name: Narcissus
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
    Old June 9th, 2016 (7:29 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by looneyman1 View Post
      This hack was just updated a year ago Butcher.....you should look at the front page.
      Here, fixed it for you.
      The thread hasn't been updated since may last year, maybe you need to look at the OP.
      Old June 9th, 2016 (11:01 PM).

Is this game still being worked on at all? And is there a fix to the darkness when your outside? Thanks!
        Old June 9th, 2016 (11:21 PM).
        The Psycho Pokemon

Nature: Jolly
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zenyetta View Post
          Here, fixed it for you.
          The thread hasn't been updated since may last year, maybe you need to look at the OP.

The update page says otherwise kid. The last patch was 4.5. We see 4.5.3 here and this was clearly pretty recent.
          Old June 10th, 2016 (4:27 PM).

Quote:
            The update page says otherwise kid. The last patch was 4.5. We see 4.5.3 here and this was clearly pretty recent.
            Kid? Alright then haha.

If that were the case the thread wouldn't say it was last edited May 9th 2015 would it?
            "5/9/15 - beta 4.5.3 with fix for activated Make Room for Gloom event released
            AshGray Beta 4.5.3"

Also clearly says 4.5.3 was released 9th of May 2015.

Maybe you need to open your eyes and stop acting like you know it all lmao.
            Old June 11th, 2016 (2:11 PM).

[QUOTE=looneyman1;9277580]This hack was just updated a few days ago Butcher.....you should look at the front page.

Man u see on top of main post: " May 31st, 2009 (8:26 PM). Edited May 10th, 2015 by metapod23"

So wasnt edited from that day - i dont know where u sow edit post. Yes is writed 4.5 but in post u have a info of day relese and what version etc

Next time check before u post wrong info post
              Old June 12th, 2016 (12:12 AM).

[QUOTE=Butcher;9281798]
                Quote:
                This hack was just updated a few days ago Butcher.....you should look at the front page.

Man u see on top of main post: " May 31st, 2009 (8:26 PM). Edited May 10th, 2015 by metapod23"

So wasnt edited from that day - i dont know where u sow edit post. Yes is writed 4.5 but in post u have a info of day relese and what version etc

Next time check before u post wrong info post
                Im going to assume from the structure of this reply that English isnt your first language.

That being said, to return to your original question no this project is not dead.
                Metapod updated the hack to version 4.5.3 last year may 10th.
                Old June 12th, 2016 (12:16 AM).

To add to my last post butcher if you bothered to read the post that metapod posted fully you'd know that at the bottom
                  Updates:
                  5/9/15 - beta 4.5.3 with fix for activated Make Room for Gloom event released
                  AshGray Beta 4.5.3
                  5/8/15 - beta 4.5.2 with bug fixes for Agatha and cutting trees in Snorlax event released
                  AshGray Beta 4.5.2
                  4/10/15 - Beta 4.51 with bug fixes for after North Pole, Krabby not appearing, and other glitches released
                  4/5/15 - Beta 4.5 released
                  7/20/13 - Beta 4.2 released with bug fixes
                  7/13/13 - Beta 4.1 released with bug fixes
                  7/10/13 - Beta 4.0 released covering through episode 98 - A Way Off Day Off
                  9/13/11 - Beta 3.6 released including new animations, tiles, scripts, and some fixed glitches
                  8/18/11 - Indigo League blackout after fourth round glitch fixed; releasing Pidgeot if you have Pidgeotto on Route 1 glitch fixed and beta 3.5.4 re-released
                  8/16/11 - Various glitches for Indigo League and Pallet Party Panic fixed and re-released as Beta 3.5.2 3.5.3
                  8/15/11 - Various glitches for Indigo League fixed and re-released as 3.5.1
                  8/14/11 - Beta 3.5 covering all of Indigo League has been released
                  8/3/11 - Working on episode "All Fired Up"
                  7/30/11 - Working on Victory Road
                  7/27/11 - Beta 3 bugs fixed and re-released as Beta 3.03
                  7/26/11 - BETA 3.0 has been released!
                  Old June 12th, 2016 (12:33 PM).

No it isnt my defoult language (also dont use Google translate) to change my language t EN . And i know that from main post . So ahat about u tolk . On main post u have the all info about chanagelog and data releses the beta version . Also the data of editing post or create . And if u check the 4.5.3 data relese is that same like last post main edit.

So what u wont from me?

And i also writed only - for now it is dead or not - last time was a huge stop developing from metapod up to couple years - but after that time hi added new verson ,so who know if now will by that same or hi abendonen his project for 100% - select this topic to email info about changes and u will know some day if will by any new version .
                    Old June 13th, 2016 (4:11 AM).

Just thought you should know there's random grass patches that will automatically restart your game, I don't know if this issue has been addressed at all?
                      "Remember: It costs nothing to encourage an artist, and the potential benefits are staggering. A pat on the back to an artist now could one day result in your favorite film, or the cartoon you love to get stoned watching, or the song that saves your life. Discourage an artist, you get absolutely nothing in return, ever." - Kevin Smith
                      Old June 18th, 2016 (11:47 AM).

In Pokemon ash gray, after 51 hours of logged play time... during the charizard chills event. I can fight tad with my charizard and there's no scene. Or I beat him with another poke, then re battle with charizard. He freezes him, I use ice heal. Then when I try to battle him after charizard starts to obey he says he owes me a rematch but the battle doesn't start and I'm stuck without my Lapras... It just closes out of the text, I've tried starting from an old quick save multiple times. But it seems I'm muk outta luck. Any helpful hints or do I need to restart my save?
                        "Remember: It costs nothing to encourage an artist, and the potential benefits are staggering. A pat on the back to an artist now could one day result in your favorite film, or the cartoon you love to get stoned watching, or the song that saves your life. Discourage an artist, you get absolutely nothing in return, ever." - Kevin Smith
                        Old June 21st, 2016 (9:43 PM).

Hey just want to say i love the game, one question though, is there move relearner/tutor? I cant seem to find them in the game.
                          Old June 24th, 2016 (8:23 PM).

Hi, could anybody please help me?

I was trying to get into the hidden village. I can see the Oddish, but it's blocked by trees. The big trees that are used as walls. There's no way around them so I'm completely stuck. I would post a picture but I need to make 5 posts before I can do that.
                            Old June 29th, 2016 (2:34 AM).

Help I am stuck on shamouti island i did the legendary bird mission but whenever i try to travel to the Butwal island it sends me back to shamouti
                              Old June 29th, 2016 (1:16 PM).

End of beta
                                Old June 30th, 2016 (2:49 AM).

First of all, I would like to applaud metapod23 for making such a great game. I already enjoyed several runs trough the game over the past few years. Recently I started my newest run with version 4.5.3. Currently I just finished the first movie event with Mewtwo. I managed to beat Mewtwo in a fight!

However after the event I return home to my home in Pallet but my mom doesn't ask me to go to the Xanadu Nursery. (I checked the walkthrough to make sure I don't miss any events). Does anyone know why the Make room for Gloom event doesn't activate?

I also checked the updates and it said this problem was fixed...
                                  5/9/15 - beta 4.5.3 with fix for activated Make Room for Gloom event released
                                  AshGray Beta 4.5.3

Would really appreciate you help, especially since the Pokemon League is coming up next and I'm really looking forward to it.
                                  Old July 3rd, 2016 (10:33 PM). Edited July 4th, 2016 by cam_da_man.

Hey evryone my gaming buddies I have said it should get this version of fire red called ash gray I've been checking it out and it looks cool. I decided I would get it on my Galaxy tab a. I download a fresh rom of fire red and clicked the download link to get the patch. I tried using a patch program from Google play called Unipatch. It didn't work so I decided to send if I could patch it through my boy (my emulator) and it could lent find the file. So then I went into my files check my download history and saw that I downloaded it then I checked my downloads folder and saw it had a file just call Pokémon - AshGray 4.5.3 which was different than the one in my downloads folder which was. Pokemon - AshGray 4.5.3 # GBA.ips. I have no idea what to do so if someone could please help me out in would be extremely happy. I'm also gonna try messaging me today for some assistance.
                                    Old July 4th, 2016 (5:16 PM).

It's been almost a Year? Any news about the next sequel of the Beta?
                                      Old July 5th, 2016 (10:32 AM).

I am Stuck in Cerulian GYM in the swimming pool and i cant climb back plz help
                                        Old July 5th, 2016 (7:22 PM).

when will you be completeing the orange islands, i am dieing to continue on in that area. so loving this game though so loving it. allowing me to sorta walk in ash's shoes and see/experience all that he did
                                          Old July 6th, 2016 (5:29 AM).

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by Lavina Shaikh View Post
                                            I am Stuck in Cerulian GYM in the swimming pool and i cant climb back plz help
                                            Am not trying to insult you or anything, but that's so much in the beginning that it should be obvious what to do.

Even so, exactly where do you need help with?
                                            Old July 6th, 2016 (2:07 PM).

@Candaman - if u have small know how to on smartphone patch on pc and pull rom on phone
                                              Old July 13th, 2016 (12:29 AM).
                                              Capitain_Cold15 Capitain_Cold15 is offline

Well done Hack mate :) This is one of my favorite Hacks.
                                                Old July 17th, 2016 (5:56 PM).

:D

Quick Reply