The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Closed Thread

Old February 11th, 2013 (8:26 AM).
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AnonygooseD View Post
    To make random encounters less irritating, they should quickly display the Pokemon (like in the trailer) then prompt me if I wanna fight or not by pressing a button (A: Yes, B: No).
    What do you think?
    It'd be certainly nice if they did that~ It'll make encounters much more easy to deal with. Then again, would that reduce the need for Repels? And I'm worried that if they did implement this, that sometimes if I encounter, say, a shiny milotic, I might accidentally press 'B', and then I'll be forced to throw my 3DS out the window.

Hawthorne Guardian
    Moderator of Video Games
    Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
    Sylvie

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 11th, 2013 (8:29 AM).
    clout

Nature: Relaxed
    I'd like that but as stated above it would be too easy, it would take away the fun of wondering what Pokemon you're going to run into.
    Old February 11th, 2013 (8:41 AM).
    10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Careful
      There's that and than their's the whole fleeing yet not being strong/fast enough to run away from say a level 30 dragonair due to your pokemon being underleveled compared to it.
      Old February 11th, 2013 (8:48 AM).
      everything is purple

Hmm...with the way the battle sequences appeared in the trailer I'm concerned this is gonna be the slowest Generation in terms of battling.

What do you guys think? I love the 3D animations and models but I think it's going to slow everything down (time-wise because we know the 3DS can easily handle the models so I don't mean hardware).
      Old February 11th, 2013 (8:52 AM).

Maybe there'll be a way to skip past the beginning animation of a battle and skip to the actual thing for those of us who don't want to wait every single time for it to begin. Cause if this is slow those of us who go back and play gen V, or even IV,and III will think they're fast, especially V.
        Old February 11th, 2013 (8:56 AM).
        everything is purple

Yea, I recently went from Pokemon Black to HeartGold and maaaannn, Gen V is blazing fast compared to IV (even if it's Platinum)
        Old February 11th, 2013 (8:59 AM).
        I like kitties

Nature: Lax
        Or you know, like Regigigas, they do something funky and give us the Original Dragon this gen. Perhaps the genetic's story would allow the evil team or professor to juice up the splicers, and allow all 3 to fuse.

#328 Trapinch
        Supporter Collab January 2015
        Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 11th, 2013 (9:09 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
          Or you know, like Regigigas, they do something funky and give us the Original Dragon this gen. Perhaps the genetic's story would allow the evil team or professor to juice up the splicers, and allow all 3 to fuse.
          I've been wanting this to happen since the generation was announced. Perhaps the games take place after B2W2 and the evil team heard about Ghetsis' using the splicers creating an even more powerful pokemon, the evil team could decide to create the ultimate dragon, however they can't find the dragons, giving us the item instead during post game. Than we could go and run into the BW protagonist (depending on version, Hilda with Reshiram for X, and Hilbert with Zekrom for Y) who gives us their legend after their defeat. Than like Kyogre and Groudon in HgSs, if one trades the other into the game it'll cause Kyurem to appear, who thus reacts with the advance DNA splicer and snatches both of them away from you (yikes a battle of 4 pokemon versus a possible Arceus level mon...) than attacks you.
          Old February 11th, 2013 (9:11 AM). Edited February 11th, 2013 by PrimalDialgasaur.
          Primal Sauropod

Nature: Adamant
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
            I wonder what kind of Pokemon that would be? o: Kyurem was the remains after all, after Reshiram and Zekrom split, right? So what would happened if we fused all three?

...Then again, I feel that resulting Pokemon would just be too ridiculously powerful to even comprehend. XD
            I can see it now, the all powerful, yet elusive, PANDA KYUREM! (Heh, white, black, and Asian!) It might look like a giant greyscale T .Rex covered in feathers with tiny little ice arms, and a giant Zekrom tail with a laundry machine-like vortex of electric blue and fiery flames. That would be pretty freaking awesome....or what if you could fuse Kyogre/Groudon?! Or Dialga/Palkia?! Kyodon and Dialkia lol

(Edit) Or what if they copied ideas from previous antagonists, whereas you can capture Primal Dialga and Shadow Lugia!?! OMG ME WANT.
            Old February 11th, 2013 (9:15 AM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by PrimalDialgasaur View Post
              I can see it now, the all powerful, yet elusive, PANDA KYUREM! (Heh, white, black, and Asian!) It might look like a giant greyscale T .Rex covered in feathers with tiny little ice arms, and a giant Zekrom tail with a laundry machine-like vortex of electric blue and fiery flames. That would be pretty freaking awesome....or what if you could fuse Kyogre/Groudon?! Or Dialga/Palkia?! Kyodon and Dialkia lol
              If they did that for past legends I'll imagine it being Rayogre, Raydon, Giralga, and Gilkia...however Dialkia would be fun to see considering the statue in Eterna seems to me how it'll look.
              Old February 11th, 2013 (9:20 AM).
              everything is purple

Quote:
              I'd be too mesmerized within the battles to actually care whether or not the battles themselves have actually slowed down, to be honest. .___. Would it really be that bad, though? I'm hoping the 3D battling wouldn't come with such a heavy price, after all...
              I think it's something we've all been ignoring but could very well be an actual fault of Gen VI. Those battle sequences looked awesome and flashy but they took forever. Imagine grinding just before the Elite 4 with that kind of stuff, or going into a cave and running into a lot of Pokemon....

OH DEAR LORD

Old February 11th, 2013 (9:23 AM). Edited February 11th, 2013 by PrimalDialgasaur.
              Primal Sauropod

Quote:
                Except Kyogre and Groudon would forever at least be mortal enemies, so I don't really see that happening. XD Same thing with Dialga and Palkia. I think Reshiram/Zekrom are more like....old friends or something, rather than rivals, like the old legendaries? At least imo, that what would make the fusion possible, other than the fact that they used to be merged anyway.
                Well...once calmed by Rayquaza, Kyogre and Groudon seemed to tolerate each other... and aren't Zekrom/Reshiram two separate halves, symbolizing the opposite of the other?

ALSO-me still want Primal Dialga/Shadow Lugia/Shadow Pokemon...
                Old February 11th, 2013 (9:26 AM).
                I like kitties

Nature: Lax
                Thank god for repel, eh? Especially now that you can chain them.

#328 Trapinch
                Supporter Collab January 2015
                Doctor Who Fan Club

Old February 11th, 2013 (9:39 AM).
                OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

Quote:
                  Except Kyogre and Groudon would forever at least be mortal enemies, so I don't really see that happening. XD Same thing with Dialga and Palkia. I think Reshiram/Zekrom are more like....old friends or something, rather than rivals, like the old legendaries? At least imo, that what would make the fusion possible, other than the fact that they used to be merged anyway.
                  Actually Dialga and Palkia aren't enemies, that was an anime thing...another common confusion people have between the games canon and anime canon. The two would've fought it out in Mt.Coronet if they were.

You're right about Reshiram and Zekrom though, those two seem to friends, the same with Kyurem and them seeing how they felt what it felt.
                  I'm also terrified...victory road will certainly take awhile, now I'm hoping that the first route isn't too long or it'll take some time to get to the first new city...
                  Old February 11th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
                  Gaiden

Quote:
                    I've always thought that Zekrom and Reshiram were sort of two sides of the same coin. They both had specific yet conflicting ideals, but they were both right in their own way. That's what I'm sort of betting on with Xerneas and Yveltal. Did they both have conflicting yet correct ideals? Were they destined to fight? I guess that remains to be seen.

Thinking about it, legendary pokemon are quite complex beings, you know? Not for their strength, but for their way of thinking compared to the other majority of pokemon. Could these new legendary pokemon manifest a willpower that would not appeal to ethical tastes? I do wonder what Xerneas and Yveltal will represent in terms of the pokemon world and X & Y story.

Hawthorne Guardian
                    Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                    Old February 11th, 2013 (11:33 AM).
                    everything is purple

@Elendil: yea, time to stock up on repels, super repels, and max repels.... hah

Quote:
                    ....Now you just terrified me for life. XD Especially during really long caves like Victory Road. @[email protected] I don't think they'll do that to us....at least, hopefully not...
                    It's scary to think about but it's something to consider sadly ;_;
                    Old February 11th, 2013 (1:12 PM).
                    My life would suck without you

If the battles are slow again, I'll cry. At first we won't notice, but once we play a faster game for a bit, it'll become painfully obvious. I find it a lot harder to play Diamond and Pearl after playing B2/W2.
                    Old February 11th, 2013 (1:18 PM).
                    clout

Odds are that they're going to be slightly slower than BW, or at least have some sort of lag. It's a whole new handheld and with these games being the first for the 3DS, I'm sure there's going to be a few problems that arise.
                    Old February 11th, 2013 (1:22 PM).
                    My life would suck without you

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Suicune™ View Post
                    Odds are that they're going to be slightly slower than BW, or at least have some sort of lag. It's a whole new handheld and with these games being the first for the 3DS, I'm sure there's going to be a few problems that arise.
                    All that I hope is that they're not as slow as D/P. I like to be able to blitz through battles if I want to.
                    Old February 11th, 2013 (1:33 PM).
                    Gaiden

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
                      If the battles are slow again, I'll cry. At first we won't notice, but once we play a faster game for a bit, it'll become painfully obvious. I find it a lot harder to play Diamond and Pearl after playing B2/W2.
                      I think there will be an option to toggle on and off the battle cinematic so that everything will run faster or smoother. Or at least, make them faster. I mean, they've done it with all the previous pokemon games, they could do it again with this one.

Hawthorne Guardian
                      Moderator of Video Games

Sylvie
                      Old February 11th, 2013 (1:41 PM).
                      Pokemon Fan 1

Nature: Calm
                        I heard some rumours that this generation would be Pokemon X, Y & Z. But I do know that when they remake Ruby & Sapphire they are taking some Pokemon out of these games to put into the remade version of the games.
                        Old February 11th, 2013 (1:52 PM).
                        everything is purple

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Pokefanmaster101 View Post
                        I heard some rumours that this generation would be Pokemon X, Y & Z. But I do know that when they remake Ruby & Sapphire they are taking some Pokemon out of these games to put into the remade version of the games.
                        Ehhh, why?

FireRed/LeafGreen didn't have Gen III pokemon, HeartGold/SoulSilver didn't have Gen III/IV pokemon...why would, if we even get them, remakes feature Pokemon not native to the region?

And also it's more likely that X & Y refer to Genetics/DNA.
                        Old February 11th, 2013 (2:12 PM).
                        clout

It would be nice for them to include some sort of Speed Up feature similar to Emulators, but I highly doubt it.
                        Old February 11th, 2013 (2:30 PM).
                        OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire is offline

Actually HgSs did have Gen IV pokémon at least in it's dex, the evolutions of gen II pokémon. It's possible they'll do the same with Hoenn but we're getting ahead of ourselves as we don't even know if this generation has evolutions of past generations.

A speed up would be nice. Hopefully GF will speed up the animation of the final product.
                          Old February 11th, 2013 (4:10 PM).
                          Primal Sauropod

Announced now, Coro-Coro scans and a new Pokemon Smash coming this week are revealed to include an Eeveelution (at minimum) from the latest episode of Pokemon smash, all cast members were wearing Eevee and it's evolution's costumes, and they said something new for X/Y was coming...
                            Closed Thread

Quick Reply