• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon: Tentin Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokémon: Tentin Redux

kwFy6lQ.png

Welcome to the Tentin region! You have may been there before, but...
This is Tentin Redux!
(It's an improved version of my first game, "Adventure in Tentin")

Side note: I released this game in April 2018 on Relic Castle, and I have since released
another game!

Tools I used
RPG Maker XP
Pokémon Essentials v17

The Story
You are a young Trainer, just starting out in Slate Town. You expect a nice, smooth beginning to your journey,
but your friend has other plans thanks to his impatient nature! You two both get your Pokémon, and go off on
a journey through the Tentin Region, intertwining with a group of villains called the Pokémon Poachers, who have no intent of having a nice jelly-filled
donut with you!

Features
The Guide, a man you can call who will help guide you to where you can go next
Generation 6 and most Generation 7 Pokémon, moves and Alolan forms
Quicksaving anytime
Mega Evolution
Modify the controls of the game
Many changes to moves as they are in Gen. 6 and 7
See how many times it took you to defeat the Gym Leader by talking to the Gym guy
Exp. All, but the choice of ditching it and just getting 2 Exp. Shares

Screenshots and Playthroughs
Spoiler:

Most Recent Changelog
The Surprise Update!
November 20th, 2019

I fixed a few more errors that I left behind for a long time. For sure this time, no errors should be left.

Credits
Tentin Redux by DrawnToast (me, new username)
Pokémon Essentials: Poccil, Flameguru, Maruno
Pokémon overworld sprites from HGSS
Trainer overworld sprites from FRLG / RSE
Playthrough video series by Zxmbii
Quicksave script - Marin
Set Controls screen - FL
Generation 7 sprite pack - thedarkdragon11
Mega Evolution - Ego13
"A Day's Rest" - Subaru (rpgmaker.net)
Pokémon by Game Freak and Nintendo

*In advance, I'd like to say thank you for taking the time to read all this.
Please enjoy your Adventure in Tentin!​​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
Is there e txt document or something where it says where o catch the different pokemons? And how the trade evos are being evolved?

Years
Is there e txt document or something where it says where o catch the different pokemons? And how the trade evos are being evolved?

I currently do not have a text document for Pokemon locations. Though, if you'd like one to be made, I'll make it! Also, trade evos cannot be evolved in this game (since most are unavailable) except Alolan Graveler, which levels up at Lv. 35, Pumpkaboo, and Phantump, which evolve by Dusk Stone, Swirlix and Spritzee, which evolve by Shiny Stone.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
A list of pokemon movepools would be nice too, including egg move possibilities

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Sep 17, 2023
I currently do not have a text document for Pokemon locations. Though, if you'd like one to be made, I'll make it! Also, trade evos cannot be evolved in this game (since most are unavailable) except Alolan Graveler, which levels up at Lv. 35, Pumpkaboo, and Phantump, which evolve by Dusk Stone, Swirlix and Spritzee, which evolve by Shiny Stone.

I really dont want to be of any trouble. But if you could just tell me where to catch bounsweet and rockruff and how to evolve rockruff to dusk lycanroc

Years
I really dont want to be of any trouble. But if you could just tell me where to catch bounsweet and rockruff and how to evolve rockruff to dusk lycanroc

You can catch Bounsweet in Grassy Path or Sunshine Path, if I'm not mistaken. Rockruff isn't available in-game. It used to be but it never worked as intended.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Oh... no wonder when I played this game the routes look familiar to me. It's been awhile since I played the original version and it's great to experience a pokemon game that I previously played but was redone. I finished this game after beating the elite four. It's definitely an improvement from the original Adventure in Tentin, though it was a bit of struggle, level difficulty wise, in the beginning of the game because the distance between the 1st & 2nd gym is fairly short so not much grinding prep and the levels of the trainers jumps pretty quickly. It does get easier once you get the EXP ALL and when I say easier, I mean, my pokemon levels are somewhere around the levels that it should be by the next gym. The battles are still pretty challenging.

There's not much interaction of the villains, the pokemon poachers. They look pretty cool design wise but their impact in this game is pretty mediocre. Maybe they were always like this from the previous version and I just forgotten about it. It just wasn't clear to me what was their motive or why they were doing these evil deeds. Did they even poach pokemon in this game?

The only bug I encounter was in Victory Road when a trainer who had an Aegislash tried to use the move Energy Ball but an error message popped up instead of the move working. It didn't freeze up or kick me out of the game. I just pressed okay and continue on with the battle.

Also, why isn't paralyze heal in the poke mart? I swear... because this item was missing in the mart, I gotten hit so many times with stuns spore, thunder wave, or electric pokemon that has static ability. It's gotten pretty annoying when I couldn't heal them from the paralyze status. This only matters in the beginning though. Once gotten access to Casteliacone, lava cookies, old chateau, etc. it's pretty much not needed anymore.

Overall, a nice game that I finished in about 3 days.
My Final Team: Primarina, Vikavolt, Delphox, Lucario, Garchomp, Dragonite

Last edited:
Years
Oh... no wonder when I played this game the routes look familiar to me. It's been awhile since I played the original version and it's great to experience a pokemon game that I previously played but was redone. I finished this game after beating the elite four. It's definitely an improvement from the original Adventure in Tentin, though it was a bit of struggle, level difficulty wise, in the beginning of the game because the distance between the 1st & 2nd gym is fairly short so not much grinding prep and the levels of the trainers jumps pretty quickly. It does get easier once you get the EXP ALL and when I say easier, I mean, my pokemon levels are somewhere around the levels that it should be by the next gym. The battles are still pretty challenging.

There's not much interaction of the villains, the pokemon poachers. They look pretty cool design wise but their impact in this game is pretty mediocre. Maybe they were always like this from the previous version and I just forgotten about it. It just wasn't clear to me what was their motive or why they were doing these evil deeds. Did they even poach pokemon in this game?

The only bug I encounter was in Victory Road when a trainer who had an Aegislash tried to use the move Energy Ball but an error message popped up instead of the move working. It didn't freeze up or kick me out of the game. I just pressed okay and continue on with the battle.

Also, why isn't paralyze heal in the poke mart? I swear... because this item was missing in the mart, I gotten hit so many times with stuns spore, thunder wave, or electric pokemon that has static ability. It's gotten pretty annoying when I couldn't heal them from the paralyze status. This only matters in the beginning though. Once gotten access to Casteliacone, lava cookies, old chateau, etc. it's pretty much not needed anymore.

Overall, a nice game that I finished in about 3 days.
My Final Team: Primarina, Vikavolt, Delphox, Lucario, Garchomp, Dragonite

I'm so glad you played the original. I really did try to improve from that one, while making all the needed changes. If you played Return to Tentin, you should know that I'm releasing a completely updated version of that, too. I really, really wanted to fix the story, while sticking to the basis of the old one. Also, how could I have forgotten the Paralyze Heals? I'll make sure that won't happen again. In The Camry Legend, my other game, I added a difficulty setting in that one for people who want a challenge! One question, did you find The Guide helpful? I wanted to make a help system that wasn't in your face but still there, easily accessible.

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
I'm so glad you played the original. I really did try to improve from that one, while making all the needed changes. If you played Return to Tentin, you should know that I'm releasing a completely updated version of that, too. I really, really wanted to fix the story, while sticking to the basis of the old one. Also, how could I have forgotten the Paralyze Heals? I'll make sure that won't happen again. In The Camry Legend, my other game, I added a difficulty setting in that one for people who want a challenge! One question, did you find The Guide helpful? I wanted to make a help system that wasn't in your face but still there, easily accessible.

I liked the guide. It was a good asset to the game since the town map didn't work properly so at least I knew where to go next because of the guide whenever I needed him. It was a nice implement.

Years
  • Seen May 8, 2020
Is there a way to see the pokemon locations?
I tend to catch pokemon as I see them. It's more convenient that way, instead of aimlessly running not knowing where the pokemon are at.

UPDATE:
quick question- I noticed Pichu has a different moveset from the pokemon with a starting move of Nuzzle and can get paralyzed. Are electric types not immune to paralyzation ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Aug 11, 2020
sorry I was wrong.
the project is good.
The "bad :(" was an error, I thought to answer a message.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Is happiness broken in this game? I have a level 37 Budew and it hasn't evolved into Roselia yet. (Or you know what is there a place where I can grab a soothe bell or just catch the Roselia because this is getting frusterating)

Years
Is happiness broken in this game? I have a level 37 Budew and it hasn't evolved into Roselia yet. (Or you know what is there a place where I can grab a soothe bell or just catch the Roselia because this is getting frusterating)

No, happiness is not broken. It still evolves with happiness in the latest version of the game. You can get a Soothe Bell by talking to one of the people in the Sparkpaku Department Store, however!

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
It's so weird...it just won't evolve. Also where do you get Gardevorite? The only pokemon in my party that can Mega Evolve is my Gardevoir so I wanna stick it on him (yes him haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back