• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
Well, it's a chain story and it can only have twenty-four posts. Once twenty-four posts have been posted, the story comes to an end. Each post counts as one hour in the Pokémon world.

And the plot? Well, that's another story.

Hm, interesting there's only going to be twenty four posts. The only thing is what if the posts will be short and not much happening? I'm acutally doing a chain fic at another forum and so far the posts aren't very long. ^^;

Last edited:

txteclipse

The Last
Years
We are going to to have to wait until the selected person logs in before the upper staff can ask said member if they want the promotion (who wouldn't).

I wouldn't. I don't have that kind of time.

Crossovers. What do you think of them? Good, bad, or does it depend?

Heavily depends. If you are slapping your two favorite things together for the heck of it, and you don't think through why they would be together in the first place, then your fic is probably going to be terrible. However, there have been some very good crossovers. Kingdom Hearts springs readily and forcefully to mind. Epic video game. Made lots of money. Nothing but a Final Fantasy/Disney crossover with at least some semblance of a plot.

I'm writing a crossover myself, in fact. R-9WM "Mastermind". The two sources (R-Type and Pokemon) mesh together extremely well, so I'm hoping it will turn out all right.

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
Query: Weren't the forums moving to a new server? Meh, just wondering... The thing that tells when I was online last said that it was the 15th, which I know to be incorrect because I was only on a few days ago (Monday if I am not mistaken) and I remember reading something that said that they were...

Anyways, so that this doesn't turn into a spam, I've kind of been doing a little bit of thinking and just cannot seem to get a little thing about Feral Twilight straightened out. You see, the center of my fic is about how bad memories can twist one's personality into something really nasty, but I can't help but want to add a part in which the hero relives a good memory in one of his dreams. Would that make sense since it is part of the hero's past and not everything a person goes through in his life can be all bad, right? But, then I'm having a hard time explaining just why he would have this dream, when he's supposedly haunted by an overwhelmingly powerful demon that reawakens ones worst memories...

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Every one has a good time. Even the people who have nothing must of had something good for them at one time in there life (Loved ones for example).

My point is that no matter how bad things seem at the time, when you look back on them they don't so bad now (trust me on this, I know).

Hope my babel of non-since helped.

Sunnybeam

when the sky is bright
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2011
Query: Weren't the forums moving to a new server? Meh, just wondering... The thing that tells when I was online last said that it was the 15th, which I know to be incorrect because I was only on a few days ago (Monday if I am not mistaken) and I remember reading something that said that they were...

Anyways, so that this doesn't turn into a spam, I've kind of been doing a little bit of thinking and just cannot seem to get a little thing about Feral Twilight straightened out. You see, the center of my fic is about how bad memories can twist one's personality into something really nasty, but I can't help but want to add a part in which the hero relives a good memory in one of his dreams. Would that make sense since it is part of the hero's past and not everything a person goes through in his life can be all bad, right? But, then I'm having a hard time explaining just why he would have this dream, when he's supposedly haunted by an overwhelmingly powerful demon that reawakens ones worst memories...

Yeah, the move has been done. I think it's an improvement.

Hm. Lemme think...I've never read your fic, but...a defense mechanism? Like, his subconscious sends these good memories to the surface as a survival tactic against all of the depressing things that are slowly destroying his psyche? I dunno...

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Last night I had to report a fic that was completely NC-17, and without a content advisory, too. Worse yet, his grammar absolutely sucked!
Hey, I too saw that thread and reported it! Oh dear, that one wasn't something I'd want to revisit again... good thing someone came and deleted it pretty darn quickly. :)

Oni, you have a fair idea? Interesting... we'll we shall wait and see. I too have some ideas...

On crossovers, I like them if well done. Pity there are a large number of bad ones... in fact, I'm doing one right now in fact - same as Bay. :)

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
Unless someone beats me to the punch as I type this, this is the FFL's 7000th post!

Aqua059 said:
Yeah, the move has been done. I think it's an improvement.
To be honest, I can't even tell that it's an improvement because my wireless connection is so friggin' slow. >_<

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Hm, interesting there's only going to be twenty four posts. The only thing is what if the posts will be short and not much happening? I'm acutally doing a chain fic at another forum and so far the posts aren't very long. ^^;

See, the plan is that every post lasts an hour for the plot, that way it's twenty-four hours long in the story. Most good writers would be able to get three or four pages if they need to kill an hour within the story, I think.

They've moved, PC came back online this morning.

Oni, you have a fair idea? Interesting... we'll we shall wait and see. I too have some ideas...

Well, it's not too hard to narrow it down to four or five people when you realise how inactive most of the regulars for this board are.

Unless someone beats me to the punch as I type this, this is the FFL's 7000th post!

Posting milestones are stupid.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, everyone. I had a great birthday. I'm on my new laptop! :D

Anyway, is everyone feeling fabulous? Cause I'm feeling just fabulous.

Ever written about someone who is just fabulous?

Not yet. ;D

Edit: There's such an empty feeling here...hmmm...oh yeah, I'm getting The Sims later today or tomorrow. Asty Jr. much?

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
I'm glad you had a good birthday. Happy Belated Birthday. And I feel a little fabulous.

No, I haven't but I may in the future!

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Well, everyone. I had a great birthday. I'm on my new laptop! :D

Anyway, is everyone feeling fabulous? Cause I'm feeling just fabulous.

Not yet. ;D

Edit: There's such an empty feeling here...hmmm...oh yeah, I'm getting The Sims later today or tomorrow. Asty Jr. much?

The birthday thread I posted for you got deleted thanks to the Server Switch, which annoyed me because the titles of the two celebration threads I posted were pretty damn amazing.

And no, I haven't. I prefer to keep High School Musical as far away from my fan fics as it can be.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey, just curious, but does anyone here have Microsoft Word 2007? I do...just wondering if anyone else has it.

And I'll probably get back to writing JaB soon, now that I have this baby...of course, after I make my Sims woo hoo a lot. ;D

And no, I haven't. I prefer to keep High School Musical as far away from my fan fics as it can be.

Ugh. I hate that movie...my brother likes it, though. D: It gets on my nerves. What bothers me even more is Camp Rock. Oh dear...-dies-

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Hey, just curious, but does anyone here have Microsoft Word 2007? I do...just wondering if anyone else has it.

And I'll probably get back to writing JaB soon, now that I have this baby...of course, after I make my Sims woo hoo a lot. ;D

Ugh. I hate that movie...my brother likes it, though. D: It gets on my nerves. What bothers me even more is Camp Rock. Oh dear...-dies-

Nah, I use Microsoft Word 2003. They're practically the same. And once you post the next chapter, I'll review it, I promise.

High School Musical is actually okay. Most people criticize it because they are bandwaggoners who can't stand up for their own opinion and they're scared of being looked on as the outcase and therefore go with the flow. The plot is cheesy and pathetic, I will agree. The songs, however, are pretty cool although a little too catchy.

I just realised how much this thread has managed to degrade itself with no one to make sure we toe the line.

How often do you procrastinate when writing/reviewing a fic? And if so, how long does it take you to actually accomplish the task?

Buoysel

Years

Yes, I do have Microsoft Word 2007.

I have Microsoft Office 2007, which has Microsoft Word 2007, so to answer your question: yes.

Don't you think it is much better than the older versions. I do, it took me a while to get use to it, but when I did, I can't go back.

Define -fabulous

IceDragon2439

Stand Up and Scream
Years
Edit to earlier post: I meant Office ^^

So lets get back on wtiring topics:

How often do you procrastinate when writing/reviewing a fic? And if so, how long does it take you to actually accomplish the task?

A whooooole lot! I want to write but I hit writers block, which turns into procrastination. And length, it all depends. For my first fic up here, I'm still in writers block for that but for Searching For Something Unown-in a basis of three weeks.

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
Years
Sparky. Stormy Town Gym leader in The Quest for the Legends. He's one of my favorite characters, too, even though he only appears in... three chapters. :3

I mostly just don't write unless I'm in the right mood to write that particular scene. Sometimes I really feel like writing huge battles, and then I can write up almost an entire chapter in a day, while at other times I feel like doing something else and then I do that. As such it really varies.

In reviewing, on the other hand, I do tend to procrastinate, mostly by telling myself "I'll read it tomorrow." How long it takes me to actually do it depends on how enthusiastic I am about the fic. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

If I'm on a roll, then it'll take me anywhere from one-three days to write a chapter/story. And I normally review right on the spot.

Oni, you don't have to review that piece of crap I call a story.

Buoysel

Years
Oni's post wasn't ther before, I swear.

I'll answer this question later. A lot on writing, I usually can't get the story just write, so I get discouraged an move on to something more fun.

Reviewing, on average less than a day.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Miror B. He makes several appearances in my fic and is the definition of fabulous.

Procrastinating on back reviews now XD. I usually take two to three days:/

As for writing, I don't call it "procrastinating" as much as "writing when I actually have ideas and not writing when I don't."

I miss Asty :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back