• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Episode Discussion] Vaporeon's size error

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
OK so in Pokemon the movie "i choose you", Vaporeon is a tiny fennec-cat-fish, but in it's previos (sp) apearences it's the size of a teenage man? Did Pokemon anime made an animation error?

Update

.........ok i rewatched "Trouble's brewing" and Vaporeon is small too, ugh i need screenshots

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
So, from Season 1, Episode 40, I took some screenshots a while back (I'm re-watching hah), and it's this one episode with the Eevee brothers. Here's a Vaporeon size.
kynlv0L.jpg

k0nQPJR.jpg

Anyways, I have to say it'd make much more sense for different Vaporeon to be differently sized, across a range, of course.

EDIT: So I went to the movie and took some screenshots, this is that Vaporeon's size:
heGwCM9.jpg

jjsH6I6.jpg

8SyUZXD.jpg

It isn't like Pokemon don't grow, though.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
So, from Season 1, Episode 40, I took some screenshots a while back (I'm re-watching hah), and it's this one episode with the Eevee brothers. Here's a Vaporeon size.
kynlv0L.jpg

k0nQPJR.jpg

Anyways, I have to say it'd make much more sense for different Vaporeon to be differently sized, across a range, of course.

EDIT: So I went to the movie and took some screenshots, this is that Vaporeon's size:
heGwCM9.jpg

jjsH6I6.jpg

8SyUZXD.jpg

It isn't like Pokemon don't grow, though.

Hmm, maybe that guy used a water stone on a toddler Eevee then?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
Hmm, maybe that guy used a water stone on a toddler Eevee then?
Well, after all the Eevee brothers were only-Eevee trainers and lived in the place where the Evolution Stones were gathered so they probably know more on how to raise a perfectly big and healthy Eeveelution than a rookie trainer hah.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Aren't Pokemon like humans though. Not everyone is the same size. Just look at the games. While they might appear the same size when you're catching them they say it's huge or it's small.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Aren't Pokemon like humans though. Not everyone is the same size. Just look at the games. While they might appear the same size when you're catching them they say it's huge or it's small.

Bu..but aren't Eeveelutions the mature form of Eevee?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I think Caite-Chan is right, there doesn't appear to be one size for Pokémon, even of the same kind. There's variation in all of them, just like how adult humans can range from fat to thin and tall and skinny. PGO and LPGE are good indicators of this - there's a new "size" stat for Pokémon and you can have a Pidgey that's "XS" and one that's "XL", who will have completely different heights and weights.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
We can try to rationalize it a million different ways, but I think it's just a simple animation oversight.

Hmm yeah i geuss, in the episode "having a wailord of a time" Team rocket try to capture a Wailord which fits their balloon, i don't think Wailords are normally that small

They could have had a small Eevee

Right

Last edited:
Back