• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New moves speculation!

Do you think this was a hint to a upcoming move in X & Y

• Total voters

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
How about a move in which causes Freezing without making any damage? Like what Sleep Power does?

Now for a name... what can I think about... hm... oh I know!

Frost Breath would be good name for the move. :3

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I would like for there to be a new ground move stronger than Earthquake.
Also I'll like to see Ground, Kyogre, and Rayquaza gain moves special to them much like Mewtwo got a move last gen.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Only problem is you'd need to have even attack and special attack on the Pokemon attacking with this, and prediction would... definitely help. XD;

Oh, I meant that the attack uses the user's special attack, but it either hits the defense or special defense of the opponent, whichever stat is weaker. What I mean by the (or physical) part is that this move might use the user's physical attack stat since I haven't really thought on what it should be, but for now, it uses the user's special stat.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh, I meant that the attack uses the user's special attack, but it either hits the defense or special defense of the opponent, whichever stat is weaker. What I mean by the (or physical) part is that this move might use the user's physical attack stat since I haven't really thought on what it should be, but for now, it uses the user's special stat.

Oh riight, I see.

I would like for there to be a new ground move stronger than Earthquake.
Also I'll like to see Ground, Kyogre, and Rayquaza gain moves special to them much like Mewtwo got a move last gen.

Nah that'd be too strong imo. 100 BP is pretty strong honestly for a move that common/useful. :x I think I'd be okay with just EQ imo. Maybe better steel idk.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
We are long Due for a strong Dark type attack. We don't have a single Attack which has even 100 Base power ! Fling can do some damage but uses up the Item slot. I would love an EQ variant of Dark.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't mind Crunch really, given that it can lower defence...

I mean there's Foul Play, but ya. Even so, a stronger dark type move in NU would literally be quite terrible for psychic types. ;( So for competitive reasons I'm not really a fan of a stronger dark move. :x

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

But c'mon, lots of other types have 100+ power moves, so why can't Dark? Maybe an idea to keep NU balanced is only give it to the stronger Dark types like Darkrai, not that he needs any more moves haha.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
Years
Yeah, we need more strong Dark-type moves. I can only remember Dark Pulse and Crunch off the top of my head.

I'm also sure we're getting more elemental Hyper Beams and Quick Attacks.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Well dark types r my fav.. (hydreigon omfg)

we need a dark type move of
120 base power lyk thunder (umm, name it dark bizzare) bad at names bt its just me:-P

Years
Dark, and Ghost (not legend exclusive) need moves higher than 80 badly. Also I'll like to see a stat boosting move for those types like how Bug has Quiver Dance and Dragon has Dragon Dance, Steel has Automation, and Rock Rock polish.

Years
Yes I did lol.
Now I want a physical version of Nasty plot. Also a better stat booster for electric than Charge...or maybe change Charge to up defense as well.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
If charge would raise def as well, then it would be d electric version of stockpile but more dangerous.. +6 def n spdef.. Ftw

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes I did lol.
Now I want a physical version of Nasty plot. Also a better stat booster for electric than Charge...or maybe change Charge to up defense as well.

There's already Swords Dance. Not everything can use it, but still, it's something. Plus there's Hone Claws and Dragon Dance.

Also idt we'll get more Quick Attack type moves, I think the ones we have are already balanced-ish.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Only reason I wouldn't want a Raw 100+ BP attack for Dark attacks is, Dark attacks are underhanded tactics. They typically have a higher chance Secondary effect than other attacks. Some of the more lethal Dark Attacks double in power after specific requirements are met, usually this pushes the attack itself over 100 BP.

Dark Types don't need 100BP because of their nasty secondary effects. I would like more Dark Attacks similar to Punishment and Foul Play though. Maybe a more solid version of Beat Up as well.

Years
I would love them to update Beat up again.
A fire type quick attack would be cool, it'll eliminate those annoying Scyzor's. They could give the move to Flareon too to give it a little something to make it more useful.
Also some special versions of quick attack would be nice.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Yeah, a fire type quick attack would ruin scizors, ferrothorns and obamas.. Ruining dr status from ou to maybe bl or uu?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
We could expand Quick Attack clones for different types, but I can't think of a good name for the Electric type version.

Back