• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
If you would like, you could trade the rowlet over to me for a minute to check the IVs.
(Or the other guy that quoted you might be able to)

Let me know if I can help. :)

Yea sure that would be great if you don't mind ill message you when I get home

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Just need to know if this was hacked or not

Rowlet (shiny)
Level 50
Pokeball
OT: omega
Nature: careful
Ability: overgrow
ID No. 538960
Date met: 11/21/2016
Where: Iki town
Level met: lvl 5
Characteristic: alert to sounds
Moves:
-tackle
-leakage
-growl
HP-143/attack-75/defense-75/speed-62/sp.def-77/sp.atk-63
It has the black Dpad symbol
You guys didn't really need to do all that work, it's high enough level to just pop the info into a calculator. I did so and everything is 30-31, so I would say definitely hacked.
Calculator Results

NOTE: No I did nor forget about possible EVs, but the calculator will show an alert if a stat is too high for not having EVs, and none of those alerts come up. Pretty standard Lv. 50 hack.

Years
You guys didn't really need to do all that work, it's high enough level to just pop the info into a calculator. I did so and everything is 30-31, so I would say definitely hacked.
Calculator Results

NOTE: No I did nor forget about possible EVs, but the calculator will show an alert if a stat is too high for not having EVs, and none of those alerts come up. Pretty standard Lv. 50 hack.

O ok thanks

mega beedrill

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 6, 2017
Can someone tell me if this pokemon is hacked or not
I got it from wonder trade

Alolan vulpix
OT : WildFox
Ability : snow cloak
Nature : careful
Move set :
-ice beam
-imprison
-blizzard
-grudge

Nickname : moon
Pokeball : quick ball
Egg received : 1/12/2017
Egg hatched apparently : 1/12/2017
Where : royal avenue
Characteristic : strong willed
Level : 1

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Can someone tell me if this pokemon is hacked or not
I got it from wonder trade

Alolan vulpix
OT : WildFox
Ability : snow cloak
Nature : careful
Move set :
-ice beam
-imprison
-blizzard
-grudge

Nickname : moon
Pokeball : quick ball
Egg received : 1/12/2017
Egg hatched apparently : 1/12/2017
Where : royal avenue
Characteristic : strong willed
Level : 1
Doesn't look strange to me except the moves. All the moves are valid for an Alonal Vulpix, but I don't really know how moves are inherited so I can't speak much on that. However, thanks to SM Move Reminder teaching things farther down in the level-up, Imprison and Grudge could have been added that way (while Ice Beam and Blizzard are still TMs).

tl;dr Need a second opinion on moves from someone who knows breeding, but looks fine to me.

mega beedrill

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 6, 2017
Doesn't look strange to me except the moves. I don't really know how inherited moves work when they aren't EMs. However, all the moves are valid and thanks to SM Move Reminder teaching things farther down in the level-up, Imprison and Grudge could have been added that way (while Ice Beam and Blizzard are still TMs).

Aren't imprison and grudge egg moves from the regular vulpixs? And since pokebank isn't available for Sun and moon yet , doesn't that mean someone hacked those moves into the vulpix?

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Aren't imprison and grudge egg moves from the regular vulpixs? And since pokebank isn't available for Sun and moon yet , doesn't that mean someone hacked those moves into the vulpix?

They're level up moves for alolan vulpix, which can now be taught at level 1 thanks to the changes they made to the move reminder. Not sure why anyone would waste heart scales, but its possible.

The nature on this thing is completely wrong for a-vulpix, and it doesn't have its hidden ability. Plus its in a quick ball. If this is hacked, it's a really bad one.

mega beedrill

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen May 6, 2017
They're level up moves for alolan vulpix, which can now be taught at level 1 thanks to the changes they made to the move reminder. Not sure why anyone would waste heart scales, but its possible.

The nature on this thing is completely wrong for a-vulpix, and it doesn't have its hidden ability. Plus its in a quick ball. If this is hacked, it's a really bad one.

Soo is it a hacked vulpix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back