• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Melanite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Nov 5, 2019
Thanks for use such great pokemon as starters! From what I've played so far it is an amazing game!

21eeveevulpix

Master of the Eons
Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2015
Whilst I am enjoying the game at the moment, I appear to be having a little bit of a problem, I have beaten the first gym, I have the Patch for 1.3.2 installed, but, when I reach the end of Route 3 and attempt to go to the next town, I seem to be getting warped to the beginning of Route 2, and end up just looping back to Novum Town somehow, uh, is there a fix to that?

I'm an idiot, ignore this, just noticed on a previous page that the current demo ends on Route 3, so I assume that house thing is the ending point.

I must admit though, the way you've implemented 'Ground Item' Sprites, I find absolutely ingenious, certainly helps when you can tel at a glance what you're getting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
Quick question: Is it posible to play in Full Screen? Cause so far I can only play on the default small screen. Also, Fairy-Type, is it going to be added? Would be fantastic to have my Fairy-Type Gardevoir.

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Whilst I am enjoying the game at the moment, I appear to be having a little bit of a problem, I have beaten the first gym, I have the Patch for 1.3.2 installed, but, when I reach the end of Route 3 and attempt to go to the next town, I seem to be getting warped to the beginning of Route 2, and end up just looping back to Novum Town somehow, uh, is there a fix to that?

I'm an idiot, ignore this, just noticed on a previous page that the current demo ends on Route 3, so I assume that house thing is the ending point.

I must admit though, the way you've implemented 'Ground Item' Sprites, I find absolutely ingenious, certainly helps when you can tel at a glance what you're getting.

While the demo was intended to end at Route 3, that teleporting glitch to Route 2 was an accident haha.

Quick question: Is it posible to play in Full Screen? Cause so far I can only play on the default small screen. Also, Fairy-Type, is it going to be added? Would be fantastic to have my Fairy-Type Gardevoir.

As with all Essentials games full screen is not really an option right now and not important enough in my opinion for me to focus on. Fairy type is a possibility. I am considering it.

DJUnlucky7

Slob
Years
So I just found this Essentials Game via HoodlumScrafty, and while I personally haven't played any of it or seen much yet, I've already got to say I absolutely love it. Darkrai is easily in my top 5 favourite pokemon, and my tied-in-first-place-legend with Giratina. I love the aspect of Darkrai's story in this, that he's more than just "The Nightmare Pokemon".

Anyways I just wanted to say I absolutely love this idea. I hope it works out like Pokemon Reborn is, updating over and over until the full game finally comes out.

If you ever need any help with mapping, hit me up. A year ago I tried to make a game completely by myself (Bad Idea) as a romhack of Pokemon FireRed, but my laptop got obliterated via me punching it after getting mad (I believe at said romhack). I only really learned the Gameboy editing tools but I could learn and pick up the DS ones pretty quickly to help.

Anyways I'm getting off topic, I hope I can somehow help out with this game because It's probably going to end up being my favourite Essentials game to date.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 25, 2018
Just finished the demo today smitty, and i gotta say it was great while it lasted. My heart sank when the house at the end of route 3 teleported me back to novum city lol. Cant wait till the next demo, if u decide to continue the game. Really hope u do tbh so keep me posted!

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
*waits nearly two hours for the dl to finish, can't play the game

The download shouldn't have taken nearly that long. It only took a half hour to upload and downloads for me in 20 min.

What issue are you having with playing?

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2024
Hi! So this game looks really cool, but I kind of ran into a problem. Every time I try to save, it completely crashes on me. I remember reading somewhere how that's a bug and it might occasionally happen, but I know for me it's happened the past four times I tried. Plus, the first time I tried exiting the forest (after getting my starter), the game crashed again. So I never really got past that part. XD Is it just my computer maybe? Or...? Sorry if this has been answered or mentioned somewhere and I missed it, I'm just trying to figure this out.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Hi! So this game looks really cool, but I kind of ran into a problem. Every time I try to save, it completely crashes on me. I remember reading somewhere how that's a bug and it might occasionally happen, but I know for me it's happened the past four times I tried. Plus, the first time I tried exiting the forest (after getting my starter), the game crashed again. So I never really got past that part. XD Is it just my computer maybe? Or...? Sorry if this has been answered or mentioned somewhere and I missed it, I'm just trying to figure this out.

I'm pretty sure the saving issue is a bug with the GTS script the game is using. I am still trying to figure out how to fix it:/ As for the forest crash I have no idea? If you're able to recreate it and share the error message I should be able to figure out how to fix it.

Hey I'm Jay

Custom Pokemon YouTuber
Years
Definitely looking forward to doing a Let's Play on this! Hopefully I can continue throughout the game without any problems. I would do Lets Play on RaptorEX, but to many people have done it. Good luck with future progress on this!

PokemonLunarVersion

Bringer of Nightmares
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 24, 2021
This is an awesome idea game!
(And idea!)

I found a bug, when you try to find a wild Pokemon on Route 2, it crashes, saying

[
Script '* PokemonField' line 1039: TypeError occured.

cannot convert nil into String
]

So, I'm going to train Mankey and Starly on Route 1 until it's fixed. :)

EDIT:
Picnicker Sidney results in a crash as well. :P

Is it something I'm doing wrong, or something in the code? (Well, event)

Oh, one more thing:
Where did you get the tilesets from?
I really want to use them in my game,
and I need to know who to credit and what permission I need. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DankRabbit

SleepLate
Years
I've been having a problem where if i save and close the game i have to start over i might have skipped over this somewhere in the thread,but if anybody knows where you can fix this would be great.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
That's as may be, but this thread is still dead. If anyone has the downloads available, they can let me know and I'll update the links.

This thread will be closed, though, and will remain so until/unless Rayd12smitty says otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back