• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Kanto Black 2.08 (Sevii Islands Expansion)

Twisty

Starter of many nuzlockes, winner of very, very fe
Years
Problem: I'm doing the second part of the sevii islands and I'm stuck there. I can't proceed because I forgot to get hm04, and the way to the ruby is blocked by boulders. I can't get hm04 because there's no option to return to vermilion. I can only go between island 1, 2 and 3. This is more or less game breaking.

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I can't get a leavany can someone help me
do I just train it and when its happy enough, then it evolves?

Sorry this is so late once again. What level is it? It should evolve at level 30 regardless of happiness.

Problem: I'm doing the second part of the sevii islands and I'm stuck there. I can't proceed because I forgot to get hm04, and the way to the ruby is blocked by boulders. I can't get hm04 because there's no option to return to vermilion. I can only go between island 1, 2 and 3. This is more or less game breaking.

Mm, darn. I can't think of any way out of with exception to hacking the game and cheats that let you walk through walls. Sorry about this. I'll have to highlight this in the OP.

So how do I evolve swirlix? :)

Enigma Stone :)
(Answering here too so others can reference.)

DTD

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 15, 2018
I love this hack, playing it is a very enjoyale experience. I just can't wait for more releashes in the future. One question though, how and where do I find the ev rudecing berries? That "Reset Mix" thingy you made is just too charming =)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
hey does any1 know where to find landurus i already found the other 2

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I'm really sorry for responding late once again. :/

hey does any1 know where to find landurus i already found the other 2

It should appear in Cerulean Cave while having both Tornadus and Thundurus in your party.

I love this hack, playing it is a very enjoyale experience. I just can't wait for more releashes in the future. One question though, how and where do I find the ev rudecing berries? That "Reset Mix" thingy you made is just too charming =)

Very pleased to hear! Very sorry to address this super late. In case you would still like this to be addressed: EV reducing berries have not yet been implemented, but similar items that reset EVs can be found in Rainbow Isle (ticket can be bought in Celadon Condominiums).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
I've been all over cerulean cave with the 2 you mentioned in my party, will it appear randomly like any other pokemon or are their any other details im missing

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
I've been all over cerulean cave with the 2 you mentioned in my party, will it appear randomly like any other pokemon or are their any other details im missing

It is in the 2nd floor, inside a portal. The portal should appear by having both Thundurus and Tornadus in your party. You should be able to find it by looking around the 2nd floor with those two in your party. Let me know what happens.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
well thanks for all ur help but i was through the whole cave and didn't see a portal

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 7, 2017
Fantastic hack, this is more fun to me than most ROM hacks I have played before.

Only issue I have seen that isn't listed is that Pumpaboo has Flash Fire. Not sure if intentional or not.

About to do a second playthough, although I did some light editing to give myself the shiny charm at the start of the game. :p

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 7, 2017
heyy. is it intentional that serperior can't learn strength? Because mine just cant.
Uhh so yeah that's about it. Awesome hack btw.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 15, 2017
Please help!!!! How can i resolve the altering cave puzzle??? :C

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 30, 2018
anyone knows if deino evolves at a lower level or is it still at lvl 50?

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Is this ship sinking? If it is, I'll keep Kanto Black on the following forums as it is one of the few with a ROM hacking section: http://www.thepokemonplaza.com/forum.php?styleid=5

I've also added an FAQ there, found here:
http://www.thepokemonplaza.com/showthread.php?277-Pokemon-Kanto-Black&p=1964&viewfull=1#post1964

anyone knows if deino evolves at a lower level or is it still at lvl 50?

How do i evolve lampent into chandelure? This game has an dusk stone?

Awesome game it's really good to play but where can i find the second password in team rocket warehous

Why can't Drilbur learn Sand Storm?

Please help!!!! How can i resolve the altering cave puzzle??? :C

heyy. is it intentional that serperior can't learn strength? Because mine just cant.
Uhh so yeah that's about it. Awesome hack btw.

If anybody still has an unresolved issue and still wants to resolve it, I have prepared a more comprehensive FAQ here. I'll copy and paste this sometime to this thread, but having it as the second post is so much more convenient.
http://www.thepokemonplaza.com/showthread.php?277-Pokemon-Kanto-Black&p=1964&viewfull=1#post1964

Fantastic hack, this is more fun to me than most ROM hacks I have played before.

Only issue I have seen that isn't listed is that Pumpaboo has Flash Fire. Not sure if intentional or not.

About to do a second playthough, although I did some light editing to give myself the shiny charm at the start of the game. :p

Thank you, you have no clue how much it pleases me to hear that!

Yeah, Flash Fire is intentional, although no opponent (maybe just bosses in particular) should be using it against if you if you are on the higher difficulties.

well thanks for all ur help but i was through the whole cave and didn't see a portal

Hm, there might be a crack in my scripting logic, so as usual, this is something I should be looking into. Thank you for bringing this up.

Last edited:

Mystery Man

Don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 21, 2023
Hello, I really like this rom
Just wondering, has anyone made a CIA file of this rom yet? I would love to play it on my 3DS please

Thank you! Do you know how I would go about doing that? If not, I'll look into it eventually.

Back