• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
Personally, I'm hoping for a more expanded plotline that ties up the mysteries left unsolved by Sun/Moon, such as the golf course, and possibly having gyms take the place of some of the trials.

Sirfetch’d

More Alola forms. Alola forms were my favorite concept in SM so expanding upon that is definitely something I want to see. I'd also like to maybe see some new Megas, but not really a priority for me.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Just like Choice Specs stated, I expect more alolan forms... But more importantly, I wish for more post game content. Vanilla SuMo always felt incomplete to me... Maybe that's because they where already producing the expansion...

-Edit-
Oh and I hope for more Buff's/Nerfs

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping that they'll reveal what Necrozma is. I wonder if it devoured Solgaleo in UltraSun and Lunala in UltraMoon to make these forms...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
It could be the other way around, too! :O

You mean like Solgaleo devoured Necrozma in Pokemon UltraSun? Could be.

Anyway. The logo for the games and the new art point at Ultra Solgaleo (what I'm calling it for now) is the mascot of Ultra Sun and Lunala as the mascot of Ultra Moon. (Which makes me think that they aren't sequels)

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
1 - more Alolan forms/exclusive Z-crystals. If Gen 6 did it with Megas, why not Gen 7?
2 - move tutors - just to give variety to Alolan mons
3 - better move pools - although could tie in with point 2
4 - Gladion/Lillie/Hau - these three smol beans need to be here in some capacity
5 - Battle Frontier or PWT - enough said there.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Alola forms for gen 2-6 Pokemon would be really nice. Also I'd like to see Ultra Beasts having more involvement in the story. A bigger variety of Pokemon in the pokedex would be very welcome too. I thought 300 was a bit limp in the original games, especially considering X & Y had 400+ AND the choices (imo) for old Pokemon in Sun & Moon left a lot to be desired.

I also hope Mienfoo is in the pokedex this time, because I really want to try using a Mienshao.

Some new megas would be nice but it's not something I'm holding out on.

Edit: Can't believe I forgot this. I'd love if they included a national dex this time around. Yeah we have one in bank but it's just not the same.

Last edited:
Years
Like Angie, I'm keeping low hopes in regards to a PWT or Battle Frontier-like facility, especially ever since they revealed why OR/AS didn't have a Battle Frontier.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
No more of that constant hand holding.
I want my starter Pokemon as soon as possible, not four cutscenes and 20 minutes after starting the game later.
Gyms.
Lille to return.
An actual postgame.
Kanto??

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Ralts and Oddish catchable.
A varied Pokedex that isn't full of Gen 1 junk like Fearow.
All Mega Stones available in game.
A good postgame.
More Alolan forms including Alolan Oddish line.

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
For this to not be Pokemon Ultra Tutorial and Ultra Easy versions. Give us some difficulty options (other than set mode and turning off the Exp. Share), open up Alola for more non-linear exploration, and allow us to skip the island long tutorial segment that doesn't need to be there.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Let's see..

Can we please please please please please please please please please please please get some new Alolan Forms that AREN'T KANTO. I love my Alolan Ninetales, but come on, we need some Pokemon that aren't Kanto to get some attention.

Can we make SO battles less tedious? Maybe it's just me, but I think they could make it so Adrenaliine Orb starts a chain. That way, Pokemon constantly don't have to be calling for help.

Gyms and Trials? Here me out. If this is an "alternate universe" what if we had it in which we do trials to get to the gym and the Totem Pokemon is the Gym battle? Just a thought, but I feel with the empty lots they have in SuMo, it could be possible they're doing something?

Have a difficulty setting and maybe? They probably won't do it at this point but it could happen.

Fix the Non-linerity a bit? Open up some more space on the map and have more places to explore.

Finally..a national dex..nuff said.

That's it for me really.

Years
I just wish that you would face your old Character at the E4 to take the championship and he/she would be using the same in game team you had when you wont the championship. I know that would never happen. It's what I thought would happen with the memory link in B/W2. Maybe it's too complex to do? Or I'm just asking too much? idk.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
More megas, more alolan forms (PLEASE not just gen 1 I swear if they just do gen 1...)
More battles against old characters and make them actually look different, not like Wally or Cynthia...
A national dex. One of my favorite parts of every new game is reading all the dex entries, and SM just crushed me ;_;
NO happy gladion, he MUST remain edgy or my imaginary friendship with him is OVER.
All mega stones would be nice, at least make them tradeable through bank.

Years
Tbh all I'm hoping for is a good post game (the Battle Tree and Ultra Beast mission things really weren't enough) and some more cool Alola forms.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I mean, really what I'm hoping for is for this to be the main series Pokemon game of my dreams

....but I really don't expect that to happen

Back