• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

but once i get the SD card in, how do I get the recorded battle onto that card? Everything else makes sense.

I thiiiink this is assuming that you're playing a ROM on an SD card to begin with. I could be wrong though.

I went to nibassa city I couldn't find this ancient castle. Could you tell me where it is?

South of Nimbasa and left.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
Ok, I am wanting to get the recorded wifi battle from my DSi onto a SD card and I do not currently own a flash card nor do I own a microSD, Just an SD card. That's ALL I want to know right now, is how to get that data onto my SD card from my DSi

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Ok, I am wanting to get the recorded wifi battle from my DSi onto a SD card and I do not currently own a flash card nor do I own a microSD, Just an SD card. That's ALL I want to know right now, is how to get that data onto my SD card from my DSi

I highly doubt that the Battle Video data is stored in any kind of watchable video format (more likely, the game just "replays" the battle). Therefore, I don't think there is a way to put the videos on an SD card. I'm pretty sure the best you can do is upload the battle to WiFi and write down the number it gives you (so you can watch it again).

RHIOneAlbum

Banned
Years
My Black City is empty, I tried entralinking with my lil sister that has white (shes not at white city yet)
I haven't messed with my clock and I wanna know why theres only like 5 buildings in the VERY BACK of BC without doors, then a Pokecenter off to the side. THERE ARE NO TRAINERS OR ENTERABLE BUILDINGS!?!
Wtf?
Please help O.o

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
My Black City is empty, I tried entralinking with my lil sister that has white (shes not at white city yet)
I haven't messed with my clock and I wanna know why theres only like 5 buildings in the VERY BACK of BC without doors, then a Pokecenter off to the side. THERE ARE NO TRAINERS OR ENTERABLE BUILDINGS!?!
Wtf?
Please help O.o

It entirely depends on how long it takes you to get to the city. I only had one person in my White Forest after spending 50+ hours getting to it. My boyfriend had about 5 trainers in his Black City after spending ~25. Also, if you don't talk to the people every day, they'll eventually disappear.

To get more people, you accept a quest (not a timed one) from the Entralink dude, and visit your sister's world. Then you go to her White Forest and talk to the people there. Some of them will want to go to Black City, and then you'll have more people.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Metagross is more of a mixed attacker. Here is his 5th Gen OU Analysis so that you can read up on him -- [x].

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wan't to start an all dragon team but I'm already more than half way through the game.

Well the dragons you can get in Unova before the game is over is Axew, Druddigon, and Deino. Axew can't be found until near the end of the game because you need Surf first. Druddigon is only found around the 7th gym. Deino is found on Victory Road. So if I were you I wouldn't start over, since dragons aren't found till later in the game anyway.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
It's up to you whether or not to restart, but I wouldn't because you don't find any dragons until about halfway through the game anyways if I remember correctly.

Aww, ninja'd

LavanZev

Bringer of Orange Soda!
Years
Okay, I have a few (quick questions) hehe.

First thing what is the best nature and moves for a pikachu and charmander?

Second is...Allright I really don't get this stupid interlink world thing. I've done a interlink with white forest and black city and I've only been able to bring one trainer back to black city. Its like I'm not at the max, I have 2 trainers in black city but thats all. Please, help me out, I'm not stupid. I've read all the directions and nobody really knows the answer for this one.

haha please help a bro out

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay, I have a few (quick questions) hehe.

Second is...Allright I really don't get this stupid interlink world thing. I've done a interlink with white forest and black city and I've only been able to bring one trainer back to black city. Its like I'm not at the max, I have 2 trainers in black city but thats all. Please, help me out, I'm not stupid. I've read all the directions and nobody really knows the answer for this one.

haha please help a bro out

I can't answer your first, but I did answer your second on irc. Sometimes you just can't bring many over. Try Entralinking with other people. I could only get 2 from one game and my boyfriend got 3 from mine.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

Pikachu @ Light Ball
= Timid
~ Lightningrod
# Volt Change
# Grass Knot
# Hidden Power [ICE]
# Agility

Come in on an Electric-type attack, use Agility. Hope you don't faint, then use an attack. Your foe is probably expecting an Electric-type attack, so use Grass Knot or [ICE] to send them away. Volt Change is good for switching out. Pikachu isn't the best Pokemon to use.

Raichu @ Air Balloon
= Timid
~ Lightningrod
# Encore
# Thunder Wave / Agility
# Electro Ball
# Hidden Power [ICE]

Switch in on an Electric-type attack, Encore it, Thunder Wave / Agility on the switch and attempt to sweep using a powered up Electro Ball (due to increased Speed as well as Lightningrod's bonus).

Charmander @ Oran Berry
= Jolly
~ Blaze
# Swords Dance
# Flame Charge
# Fire Punch / Thunderpunch
# Dragon Claw

Swords Dance and Flame Charge to get your stats up. Sweep with Fire Punch / Thunderpunch or Dragon Claw, which have pretty strong coverage in Little Cup.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
= Timid
~ Solar Power
# Fire Blast
# Focus Blast
# Air Slash
# Filler

Use in sunlight. Wreck things with massive SpA. Fire Blast hits harder than anything else in sunlight, so don't even bother with that super effective game, unless you're hitting for 4x effective. If you hit a Parasect with Dry Skin, you'll hit 8x on Fire Blast, though, plus STAB. Plus 50% from sunlight. Plus Solar Power. Plus Choice Specs. That's 2160 Base Power running off 713.25 SpA. 7492-8820 damage just fyi.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014
EV Training Question.

Hello,

First I'd like to say that I am new to Pokemon Black and White. The last experience I had with pokemon was with Pokemon Silver (On Gameboy Color). I have just recently learned of something called. EV Training. From what I understand, you can manipulate your pokemon's stats with certain items. My question is, would I be able to have full control of these starts at any level? (even level 100?) Or would I need to start from level 1 in order to achieve the stats I specifically want. I've read guides online but they say mixed things. Thank you for your answer!

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I think there is a way to EV train at level 100, but I'm not sure if it is possible in BW. You should read as many guides as you can, and there is one in the FAQ, and probably some in the Competitive Battle Center, and Google ought to bring up quite a few guides if you Google 'BW EV Training Guide."

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think there is a way to EV train at level 100, but I'm not sure if it is possible in BW. You should read as many guides as you can, and there is one in the FAQ, and probably some in the Competitive Battle Center, and Google ought to bring up quite a few guides if you Google 'BW EV Training Guide."

You're right, you can EV train at 100 in B/W. But chances are, EVs will be distributed by then. It only applies really to Pokemon that were received at 100 (gift Pokemon), and rare candied Pokemon.

And although you can change them at any level until you use all the EVs available, if you start from a newly hatched egg you can be sure that your Pokemon started with 0 EVs. If you pick, for example, your level 23 starter, it will already have some EVs on it. I believe the FAQ has an EV training guide.

Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2014

You're right, you can EV train at 100 in B/W. But chances are, EVs will be distributed by then. It only applies really to Pokemon that were received at 100 (gift Pokemon), and rare candied Pokemon.

And although you can change them at any level until you use all the EVs available, if you start from a newly hatched egg you can be sure that your Pokemon started with 0 EVs. If you pick, for example, your level 23 starter, it will already have some EVs on it. I believe the FAQ has an EV training guide.
Okay, thanks. I was also wondering. Say I started doing it with my level 25 starter. Would I still be able to use berries (read that somewhere) to lower the EV to the point I want? Is there anyway to have full control over EV at level 50 or something?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Okay, thanks. I was also wondering. Say I started doing it with my level 25 starter. Would I still be able to use berries (read that somewhere) to lower the EV to the point I want? Is there anyway to have full control over EV at level 50 or something?

Technically yes, but the only way to get those berries is through the Dream World, so if you want them be sure to start doing that every day to get enough points so that you can collect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back