• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Equivalent Exchange! Fullmetal Alchemist Club

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
You people should have seen me while is was watching the anime. I was expecting it to be similar than the manga for more of it. There were many Chris Griffen-esque "WHUUUUUUUUUT?" moments during my watching... specifically (other than the ending)
- Tucker's disturbing upside-down head chimera.
- the fact that homunculi were the dead people so sloth was their mom.
- when Hughes says that he wasn't in Ishbal
- the list goes on...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Speaking of owning parts, I bought parts one and two of a six part set of FMA: B and then was given part one of two of the entire set, Blu-ray... and decided to resell the Blu-ray version since I needed money, but now I'm missing the last four parts of the anime, argh.

isthatyoudan

Years
May I say, I am so happy right now. I am currently watching FMAB for the first time, and Ling, one of my favourite characters, is voiced by one of my favourite voice actors! Yay! This isn't an exact quote, but an approx. of a funny situation:
Random Villager: You're going to have to pay for all this damage you've caused!
Ed: It wasn't us! It was those guys! (points at Ling)
Ling: I sorry! I no speak good your country language! Okay-bye-bye! (runs away)

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
May I say, I am so happy right now. I am currently watching FMAB for the first time, and Ling, one of my favourite characters, is voiced by one of my favourite voice actors! Yay! This isn't an exact quote, but an approx. of a funny situation:
Random Villager: You're going to have to pay for all this damage you've caused!
Ed: It wasn't us! It was those guys! (points at Ling)
Ling: I sorry! I no speak good your country language! Okay-bye-bye! (runs away)

Pffffft, I remember that scene now that you mention it. x3

Ling in general is hilarious!

isthatyoudan

Years
When greed went into Ling and he got the suave-y voice, it creeped me out for a while, but know i'm used to it and it makes him sound really neat. So cool and so refined.

Also on that, Greed and Ling were two of my favourites. When they meshed, I was so "TOGEHER FOREVER!" (fingers crossed while saying this).

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
When greed went into Ling and he got the suave-y voice, it creeped me out for a while, but know i'm used to it and it makes him sound really neat. So cool and so refined.

Ooooh, and then there was that one moment where
Spoiler:

isthatyoudan

Years
Oh my god yeah! That was such an emotional part of the story! I almost cried when there was that huge collage of everything he remembered and ended with a heartfelt "ahhhhh!" Then the next time we saw him, he confronted Bradley and became ours! (The good guys', I mean) :)

Years
I couldn't help but cry when
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

isthatyoudan

Years
What's everyone's thoughts on the envy gender crisis? The anime actor is a girl, and when I read the manga, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that she wasn't a girl. I only got confused when Ed and Ling were calling envy "he" inside of Gluttony's stomach. At first I thought it was a typo. :P So, yeah.

Years
I've never thought Envy looked like a girl, though I can see why some would assume so.

Greed was a great character and I miss him. :[

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I couldn't help but cry when
Spoiler:

I just rewatched the second half of FMA:B the other day and ASKJDLKFGJLKDFJ >.< T_T Oh god that was sad.

Spoiler:

What's everyone's thoughts on the envy gender crisis? The anime actor is a girl, and when I read the manga, there wasn't a single doubt in my mind that she wasn't a girl. I only got confused when Ed and Ling were calling envy "he" inside of Gluttony's stomach. At first I thought it was a typo. :P So, yeah.

Envy is male. or you could just say the Homunculi are Genderless.

Years
Username: Aisu. Like Ice, but with U.
Favorite character(s): Ling Yao
What character do you have the most in common with? Hm... I guess I'm closest to Ed. I'm a genius, hehe, but my demeanor says otherwise. I would go to almost any lengths to protect my family and my friends, and I'm also a vindictive little bastard to whoever calls me short.

isthatyoudan

Years
Envy is male. or you could just say the Homunculi are Genderless.

Hmm... good point. For example, it seems obvious that Lust would be female, but (talking manga/brotherhood here) she's a part of father/dwarfinflask's personality. It would be a bit odd that he would have a section of him that's female. So that could be a possibility of genderless-ness.

Spoiler:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I have to admit I thought Envy was female when I watched FMA 2003 as a kid. I guess I had never seen a guy with long hair before. Ughh, it's been since January since I've seen this, and I wouldn't mind watching/streaming. The fourth opening for Brotherhood in the get-together radio jams got me hooked again. It's such an amazing song.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
I have to admit I thought Envy was female when I watched FMA 2003 as a kid. I guess I had never seen a guy with long hair before.
By that logic, I assume you woulda thought Ed was also a girl than? XD
You gotta admit, he is kinda feminine sometimes.

Also, HI AISU! Welcome.

isthatyoudan

Years
Point about men with long hair... is it just me or are there a lot of those in FMA? Envy and Ed have been mentioned for general longness. Hohenheim, Kimblee, and Ling are all invited to the men's ponytail party. Then, on the other spectrum, there are short-haired females like maria ross and hawkeye. That's really neat.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Point about men with long hair... is it just me or are there a lot of those in FMA? Envy and Ed have been mentioned for general longness. Hohenheim, Kimblee, and Ling are all invited to the men's ponytail party. Then, on the other spectrum, there are short-haired females like maria ross and hawkeye. That's really neat.

Riza and Maria are so manly /*shot*

---

I JUST REMEMBERED A COOL THING. Ever hear of Area 11? Apparently they occasionally put out original songs based on animes and whatnot. Guess what they did! LISTEN TO THIS!

isthatyoudan

Years
This was my reaction to that video:
Spoiler:

That was awesome. And cool song in general. That opening guitar riff was flip-the-coffee-table awesome. Everyone should hear that.

BTW, you said they made songs about animes. What else have they done songs for?

Back