• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
yeah i know what your talking about and its a cool idea. Sort of like choosing your own fate. if we need hero graphics i'll start work on some and we are using fr/lg graphics, aren't we?

Years
Im having a problem and I can't see that image.. I also can't see any of the ones at your site as well.. I will see if I can fix it.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I have a idea maybe you can become different things also besides a trainer like a breeder,gym leader,or something else then you could start focusing on that subject like gym leader you would get a gym and people come at random times to battle if that is possible or breeder you can get a breeding center start raising pokemon.

Years
We would have to work very hard to keep finding things for gym leaders and breeders to do other than just stand around... I can't think up anything else for them to do on the spot.. Maybe the gym leader will go to special meetings with every other gym leader and they all compete for something.. Or maybe every now and then someone tries to steal badges and you must stop them..? I don't know.. Too tired to think

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
the only thing i can think of for breeders would be to make it sort of like harvest moon where you have to grow and look after your own crops to feed to the pokemon to improve their stats for the contests. But that would be like making two games.

Happy Gilmore

Love that movie...
Years
Hey guys, I'm back. You guys are making great progress with the battle system, keep ot up! As for the game, I think it would probably be better if it travelled along the same Trainer catching Pokemon, beating the Gyms & Elite four, it would be too hard to make it work for a gym leader or a breeder.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Hey, I've finished my tests and have quite a lot of free time.
Is there anything I can do?
Also, are we going to upload the group project files in lateralshift.net?
If so, I'll make a project called "group project" under my ID so that everyone
gets to work on one site.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
it would probably be best to upload them to lateralshift. we still need a name and a story, so if you have any ideas for these then now would be a good time to tell them.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I've made a project at lateralshift. I named it "group project"
for now. If anyone wants to know my ID and password and they're
part of the group project, just post here or PM me.

Should I make 2 projects? One for the main game and one for the battle sys.
If we're going to release it later on, it would be better using the space of a
different project rather than the main one (the actual game) we're using.

Just in case some people don't know, the game has not actually been
started yet.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
it has been started...sort of. I've made a couple maps, one for the home town and one that contains all of the houses in the town. you should make two different projects because the public battle system will be slightly different to the one used in the game.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2006
page six post 144

at page six there is this link to download the system

The post:

You're right, it's not working. Try this:
Attached Files Pokemon Battle sys.zip (1 Bytes, 54 views)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back