• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trainer names

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
I always use the diminutive of my real first name, Alex, followed by an initial representing the version (basically, "Alex OR" in Omega Ruby, "Alex M" in Moon or "Alex US" in UltraSun) .

It felt really wrong when I was playing SoulSilver though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 7, 2017
I think I've always gone with Ash (Red/Yellow) or Max (Silver), when I was younger.

More recently, I've been going with just Lyuri, Ryuri, Luuri, Ruuri, Ruuka, Luuka, Ryuuka, or White (in FR/LG).
One of them is named after a character in Riviera: The Promised Land. The others...I just felt like it. XD

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
I've never actually used my real name, I just don't like it too much and would rather give the trainers their own identity, even if their choices often echo mine (I'm weird).

I'll try and give names that are meaningful or that somewhat match the theme of the region (like Artemis for Moon). That being said, I have gone away from this on occasion (like my KH theme in Gen 5). When I was much younger, I'd just give the PC names I liked (like Amy in Emerald).

My favourite is probably Lyra in Plat (this was before HG/SS). It fit the cosmic theme of the region well, was short and simple, and sounded nice.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I usually just put my real name or a shortening of it (Dakota/Daks/Dkt) instead of something made up. I use random or topical names for naming Rivals in the games where that's available, but never really for my own character.

Arjay

#GoStags
Years
Always use my real name (Ryan) or my screen name from most social media platforms (Arjay, from my first two initials being R J). Sometimes I'll play as the female character to see the differences in apparel (infinitely better in XY), so I name my character after friends or cousins.

Back