• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Maybe this Christmas I can get an SSD for Christmas and convert over to the dual setup, except that would probably mean I would have to reinstall Windows. Y'all have really made me interested in trying the dual setup between an SSD and an HDD now. :P

Do any of y'all have a recommendation for an SSD, though? Specifically one to go along with a 500GB HDD.

Oh, and for the next desktop I want to have, I don't want to build it to my liking. I have never built a PC before in my life, but it shouldn't be too bad because I know someone who is a tad more tech-illiterate than me that built their own desktop 2 years ago.
Anything from a respectable brand is fine. The biggest dilemma is the price. I always recommend building PCs as they really are straightforward as hell. I've built a few myself and you'll have no worries.

Years
Yeah, the prices of all the SSDs I looked at are pretty much what caused me and my parents to hault at purchasing one.. but hopefully soon I could get myself a hold of one for extra space, and hopefully a swifter boot time as well for my desktop

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
As far as SSD brands go I recommend Samsung, decent prices and very good quality. Intel and Crucial are good too, but overpriced even by SSD standards. I'd stay away from Kingston and OCZ - I'm admittedly running the latter right now, and it's doing OK, but since then I've heard bad things about them, and I don't think I'd buy one again.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I think I'll get a screen protector for my Surface RT right now. So many smudges...

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I honestly can't live without screen protectors, because I absolutely hate it to see my screen dirty. I have one of these for all of my mobile devices, including my phone, my tablet, and even my 3DS. They're able to prevent your devices from getting scratched, enables you to handle them more freely, and they are also able to reduce sun glares when you're not indoors. They tend to reduce touch sensibility and the screen brightness, though, but that doesn't really bother me. You could get used to it pretty quickly. (:

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
On the other hand, the Surface RT's screen is perfectly readable in direct sunlight even when totally smudged, and it's covered in Gorilla Glass 2. Sometimes I wonder about the practicality of a screen protector on a screen this good, especially when you consider that I'm going to get a Type Cover eventually.

Something amazing is going on with the screen...

Years
So far my Nexus 7 seems to be doing fine without a screen protector on it, but I do have a case on it, and have had a case on it for a few days now.. what's weird though is that there seems to be more dust and particles getting attracted to it with a leather case than without a case.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I don't like cases at all, or even covers. They just end up making your things look more bulky, and they also make them harder to carry on some occasion. I have no problem with putting them on devices that are extremely expensive (such as a new MacBook), though, but I'll never put them on my phone or tablet.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Cases/covers are irritating for mobile devices in my opinion, they make them more fatter/bulkier and harder to carry. Poor made cases/covers also prevent effective usage of the device when it blocks the physical buttons.

On the other hand, I really love screen protectors cos I really don't like fingerprints on my device.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm also thinking of removing the case and screen protector on my phone and not getting a new one to replace them this time around. 😉

Years
Yeah, I had that problem as well to where I didn't want to put a case on my Nexus 7, but my parents bought it for me, and they really dislike it when I don't put items they buy for me to good use.. however, I decided to keep the case on now because of how it unlocks and locks whenever I open and close the case, just like how the iPad works with Apple's SmartCase.

blue

gucci
Years
I had a bulky case for my iPad but I just stopped using it after a couple of months, I find it much easier to use without it tbh and I haven't even dropped or broken it... yet.

Years
I may wind up taking my Nexus out of its case again.. because before I did put the case on it, I have been able to put it into my pocket just fine (considering I have large pockets) while having other things in my pockets as well. At least it has a rubber back for grip as well.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
My Nexus 7 doesn't have a case, as I use the dock (http://goo.gl/nQb2FP) for it. Though these days, the dock isn't working too well either, the plugs on the bottom aren't living up right so that I have to hold it in the dock a certain way in the dock or it won't charge :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I have a Quirky docking station, which I really like. It's very stylish, and gives me a great way to keep my things charged. You're able to hide all the cables underneath, which makes your room look less messy. The stand also provides you with a memorable place to keep all of your devices, so that when you lose them, you wouldn't have to go through the trouble of searching your entire house just to find them. =)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I finally got a screen protector applied on my Surface RT, and I think it's probably going to take a while for me to get used to it. Something about how un-smooth the surface of the screen protector is. And how it makes the screen look grainy (though, thankfully, nit as bad as what would get on the W3, and the screen is as bright as ever).

Somehow I think that I might end up removing the screen protector sooner or later, but it does reduce smudging a lot. I also know that I don't have to be really careful with the screen now that it's protected by a something.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm thinking of going big finally. A 15" laptop does sound pretty good to me, especially when it also has a 1080p screen.

Something about how so many laptops use Yet Another Garbage TN Panel bothers me, but I guess I should be glad that no current Sony laptop model has a display whose screen resolution is less than 1600x900. And at least the screen doesn't give me a gradient with an all-black image.

Though... I think I might to have to get by with playing many games at a resolution lower than the display's native resolution if I do go ahead with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back