• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Johto Journeys- Dreams & Nightmares (M) [OOC+SU]

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
This is certainly interesting Asha, having questions like this haha.

1. What are you most anxious for in this RP?
Officer Jenny can handcuff Blake anytime... ok I'm just stealing jokes now Err... there is a plot twist I want to implement about Blake's past, 'cause I did start off with Blake putting a flower on his dad's grave and I wanted to explore that a little more as the RP went on. Nothing too deep but definitely to the point when Blake starts asking important questions about himself or something. I dunno stop asking me questions why are you so interested in me have I done something wrong aaaaaaaahhhh

I do want a clash with Blake and some of the trainers though. Maybe even Kiba. And make Blake crush his Pokemon. It would be interesting to say the least.

2. Are you working with anybody on a post right now? Or do you plan to work with anyone on something sometime soon?
Nope. Somniac being Archer does sometimes give me some of the more plot-vital/important missions although since I can't post often that's only sometimes. Except that not really.

Would be nice I guess, but don't see the need for it for me right now.

3. Do you have any hobbies outside of PC?
I sometimes draw. Mainly manga stuff, sometimes Pokemon, sometimes not. I think I'm ok at it, I mean I used to spend my childhood drawing Pikachu so I'm kinda perfect at that aha

I LOVE football. ^^ I support Chelsea (a London club) and I follow football news almost everywhere, like transfers or scores or just about everything. I would love to play it more regularly but I'm not really at my fittest right now, although I am aiming to shed a few pounds when exams finish.

I am an amateur graphic designer (whatever the hell that means). Basically I self-taught myself some things in Photoshop and I have done some stuff for YouTubers like backgrounds and logos. Haven't really branched out beyond that though, but when my skills get better I do want to look into web design as a part-time thing. When I finish Sixth Form though (college I think? Err) I do want to do a university course in Architecture. That would be sweet.

Darkhaven3

Jackass
Years
1.) I'm anxious for Mari and Faris to interact more. I can't say much about it right now. :P

2.) I'm not working on a post with anybody at this time.

3.) My hobbies include guitar, bass, drums, programming in C, Lua, Java, Assembly and VB at times, and writing music. I've had less time for all these things since joining the military, but I've found ways to make it all work.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I should have the next Faris post up by tonight, so I guess I'll answer these questions in the meantime. I like it when the RPers are more interactive with each other rather than just their characters interacting.

1. What are you most anxious for in this RP?
For Faris to battle the evil teams, encounter some moral grey areas, and maybe learn the meaning of friendship somewhere along the way.

2. Are you working with anybody on a post right now? Or do you plan to work with anyone on something sometime soon?
Nope, and not yet.

I mostly play videogames, the games being across a variety of platforms (lately I've been juggling FF7, KH:3D, and Bioshock Infinite). Besides that I like drawing although I'm not great at it (I'm terrible with shading and texture). I used to draw only manga style things but recently I've been trying to draw more realistically. I used to also write, but lately RPing has been how I get my fill of that. I like programming computers in Java but I'm not particularly good at it...

School's never really been too much of an issue until now, because I'm going into my senior year and need to worry about scholarships, colleges, and getting high scores on standardized tests. I'm also gonna be more busy next year when I intern at a vet clinic for my vet med 2 class.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Questions:

1. What are you most anxious for in this RP? (Your first encounter with your favorite Pokemon? Crazy battles between Teams Neo/Rocket & our new trainer crew? Getting handcuffed by officer Jenny? You name it.)

Spoiler:

2. Are you working with anybody on a post right now? Or do you plan to work with anyone on something sometime soon? (This is a good ice-breaker to start talking, and thinking about plans for the future. As well as making friends/rivals in-game.)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
What are you most anxious for in this RP?
I personally enjoy revealing character secrets, and since I'm using Kiba, there will be plenty to share. I do also thoroughly enjoy character interaction, though I've never had a character who worked as a 'leader' of sorts, so this will certainly be a bit different.

Are you working with anybody on a post right now? Or do you plan to work with anyone on something sometime soon?
Only with Bleacher's occasional Elm posts, for now. Once Everyone is in Cherrygrove, Kiba will be calling them anonymously and from then on he'll be interacting with everyone.

Do you have any hobbies outside of PC?
Plenty, the likes of which include gaming, laughing, joking, drawing, watching stuff, playing more games, and learning Japanese. I'm rusty now since I haven't really learned it or used it frequently enough since High School; I'll be relearning and learning much more in college though!

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
@Somniac

I love the dynamic of the side-character. I started with Daisy, and I soon plan on introducing more people to Graham's journey. It's definitely a fun concept having other recurring characters that you have complete control over, that you can bring back to life anytime you please. I'm excited to see where Seren goes, and who she meets along the way.

If you have any videos of you, and your band playing. I'd love to hear one of your songs!

& I know how you feel. I own a business, I'm an executive at a record label, and I just signed a deal with Chevrolet to develop a better internet sales merchandising model. Keeping busy isn't a bad thing, especially when the pay is great!​

@Crimson0191

Do you mean that Scott is insensitive right now, or in the near future he's going develop some sort of psychic ability? & I think the name you're looking for is Mari. :P

I miss playing Pokemon on DS! That was my favorite way to unwind back in the day. Especially when I was about your age. Also, don't worry about your age, let your maturity speak for itself. You seem like a cool dude, and I'm curious to find out more about Scott, and we'll interact sometime in the near future.​

@Scyke

Maybe Officer Jenny can handcuff us together? I don't want to be the one to point fingers, but I'm going to come out, and blame You (Blake) for killing your own dad! WHAT A DIRTBAG. I'm just going to wait patiently until you write more about Blake's history.

I sometimes draw too! I like to draw manga, I got this book from my intern on manga drawing techniques.

& I have two words for you buddy : MAN U​

@Darkhaven3

Okay, Mr.Secret-keeper. You can call me Mr.Patient.

You've got a wide array of interesting hobbies. I picked up guitar once, and the calluses killed my piano-loving fingers. Maybe I'll pick it up again someday.

I'm also curious, what branch of the military are you in?​

@Geras32

We share the same anxious desires. Maybe sometime we'll talk about figuring it all out together.

Confidence is key. Especially in the case of standardized testing, and college acceptance. If you show a general interest in the colleges you want to go to, and get friendly with the advisors at the school of your interest. You'll get accepted anywhere even if your scores are mediocre.

Goodluck!​

@Kanea

You've got your team planned out already?! I have an idea for the next Pokemon I want to catch after Chikorita, I haven't even thought past that yet.

& I concur. Pokemon is the best <3​

@WolfOfEve

Share your secrets with us!!

& I'm very excited about getting to Cherrygrove city. I'm curious as to what you have in store for the trainers, and what our plan of attack is against the forces of Neo/Rocket.

I know the feeling of learning bits of a language, not using it, and forgetting everything. At different points in my life I've started to learn Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese.. I'm still a fluent english speaker, that probably won't change.​

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
@helloasha - yes mari, haha. I meant personality, because at the moment, he looks up to the higher ranks of team neo, and down on everyone else. Also, am I alloud to make up the plan for team Neo as the story unfolds.

bleacher, if I wanted to roleplay as Scott's dad, a.k.a the boss of team Neo, just at short points with little bits of speech, would I have to do another SU, coz I can just slowly describe him through Scott.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
@WolfOfEve

Share your secrets with us!!

& I'm very excited about getting to Cherrygrove city. I'm curious as to what you have in store for the trainers, and what our plan of attack is against the forces of Neo/Rocket.

I know the feeling of learning bits of a language, not using it, and forgetting everything. At different points in my life I've started to learn Spanish, Mandarin, and Portuguese.. I'm still a fluent english speaker, that probably won't change.​
In due time... In due time.

It's generally up to Bleacher, but I don't mind that Kiba will be used as a Plot-forward device.

I had learned one year of Jap I, though my teacher was terrible, and I haven't had many opporunities to use it since anyway. I'm honestly excited, I like Japanese more than I do English, even if I am having trouble learning it. ._.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
@HelloAsha

Or you could just read my SU? Don't do that, that would ruin the whole RP in Blake's side haha {XD} ...but seriously, don't read my SU. :|

You got Moyes. We got the Special One Happy One.

That's all I have to say.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
@ HelloAsha: Yup, but Flint is going to be a bit different. he's gonna catch tons of pokemon and actually use most of them. That would give him a lot of variety.

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
AND THEN THERE WERE REPLIES {D:}

Spoiler:

@Crimson0191 Good catch & It sounds like he's needs to meet his match. I'm excited to see how he develops as the story unfolds.

Spoiler:

@WolfOfEve Namaste. I like that your character will be used to pull together the group. In my mind you're planting seeds, and something big will happen, and form a common bond between everyone. When something big pops off, you're the man with the plan. Insurance.

I also like that we move as a group, and we'll be able to travel to new places when more routes, cities, and towns open up.

That's my problem! I don't get opportunities to speak with a lot of foreign speakers. I'm going to start traveling a lot more soon, and I want to learn multiple languages. I could never blame my teacher though Ms.Wong, my high school mandarin teacher, was wonderful. I couldn't understand anything in Chinese. It's all my fault :( I even took Mandarin 2 twice. {XD}

Spoiler:

@Scyke Okay :|

Oh! And 3 more words ... Robin Van Persie :pink_nod:
Spoiler:

@Kanea I've been breaking my story up into parts. I like that there's lots of time to write about what goes on while you're doing your thing. When I have more Pokemon, I want to spent at least a part with them all during each chapter. That way they'll level up pretty equally, and it'll help build a better more balanced team.

Occasionally I'll leave some in the PC, and take them out for special occasion. Luckily you can store, and withdraw your Pokemon anytime. I like to swap some out every so often. :pirate:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
@darkhaven - Scott and Mari are definately going to have some contact, due to the way we designed our charectors, mine has wolf features, and yours has fox features.

Btw i havn't really mentioned the ears in my posts that much coz scott isnt bothered by them, and ignores people who are, also his team members have accepted that. :D

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
@HelloAsha: If you're very curious, I'm willing to divulge some things over PM. ;) I'm in the Navy, by the way.

@Darkhaven3 I'll PM you if I have any questions. I was thinking about joining the Air Force a while back, but things changed. Maybe a little later in life.​

@darkhaven - Scott and Mari are definately going to have some contact, due to the way we designed our charectors, mine has wolf features, and yours has fox features.

Btw i havn't really mentioned the ears in my posts that much coz scott isnt bothered by them, and ignores people who are, also his team members have accepted that. :D

@Crimson0191 Scott has a ridicule filled past because of his wolf-like features?​

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
a ridicule filled past that? Sorry, I'm not the best at english literature, I would be grateful if you could explain what that means please.If you mean a plot development because of tat, I hope so. It would be great to have standoffs between Scott and Mari, and me and darkhaven can work on some kind of urban legend between the two! Oh, I'm getting myself carried away, but its up to darkhaven whether he wants to develop on this or leave them as completely separate characters with barely no interaction.

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
Just an update, it may be a few days before a Rosa post goes up, semi-waiting on the trainers reaching cherrygrove before anything important can happen for Rosa. I may put a character-building post up depending on how long my current spat of writers block lasts.

I also cooked muffins today, and managed to burn my hand, meaning that typing hurts. :[

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Probably should do a update myself too, seeming like I haven't posted for weeks.

I just don't know how the hell to approach the professor, so suggestions would be helpful. And because the post would be huge since I'm covering a huge scene, and aintnobadygottimefodat when you're in the middle of exams :( so yeah lol.

HelloAsha

Spoiler Alert!
Years
Spoiler:

@Crimson0191 By that I meant in Scotts background/history was he picked on a lot because of his "wolfness"? It just so happens that being different makes you the butt of a lot of unwanted jokes, hence Scott's dislike towards people who think differently of him because of his ears.

I think the fact that there are two half-animal characters in the RP adds an interesting complex. It's cool because Scott & Mari will develop a relationship that'll end either in understanding/friendship, or hatred & rivalry.​

Spoiler:

@WolfOfEve I don't know much about Lyle, or Animal Crossing, but we must have something in common. He's probably a really cool guy too. :)​

Spoiler:

@Somniac I know how you feel in regards to the writers block! My fix is to brainstorm when I'm out, and to start writing when I get a creative thought. After that if I get the ball rolling it's hard to stop that momentum.

It's a shame to hear about your burnt hand. ^_^ Hopefully you had a Burn Heal handy.
In all seriousness though, burns suck. Aloe Vera is the best, and I hope you feel better soon.

Spoiler:

@Scyke Where'd you leave off, and what are you trying to approach the professor with?

Maybe break it up into bits and pieces, and take a post to let your character do some thinking about what he's going to do. Especially because Elm is out with Kiba right now for Sake in Violet City.

I was actually planning on stopping by the lab myself for a bit. You know, make a quick visit to my favorite lab assistant. ♥​

Years
Finally posted. I'm really just killing time, but maybe the next post I'll catch a geodude or something, since my current team is either weak to everyone's Pokemon or not particularly well known for their battling abilities. <.<

1. What are you most anxious for in this RP? [/B](Your first encounter with your favorite Pokemon? Crazy battles between Teams Neo/Rocket & our new trainer crew? Getting handcuffed by officer Jenny? You name it.)

One of the reasons why I wrote the character the way he is, is to portray how we all were when we all started our own Pokemon adventures for the first time with our gameboys(or DS's depending on how old you are.) While it was a new experience for us all at first, it didn't take us very long to understand the basic concepts of the game's world, and soon we mastered it. That's kind of what I'm going for with Joe, and the fact that I made him a wise-ass will assist in making some interesting commentary on the Pokemon world. Also I'm going to insist that everyone and everything is a Ditto in disguise.

Nope. I imagine that somewhere down the line the villains will have to collaborate with Elm's craptastic hit squad, but that may be further down the line.

3. Do you have any hobbies outside of PC? (Maybe you play the banjo? Maybe you are an avid stamp collector? Maybe you're building a shrine of your secret lover in your closet? We all do silly things sometimes, and I'm curious about the silly things that you do.)

Before I answer this; nice Hey Arnold! reference. :P But anyways, beyond Pokecommunity and avidly watching many of the shows produced by Roosterteeth, the majority of my time is taken up by work. Then most weekends are bar/party/bar nights...and then I also go to bars. I'm also a big gamer and am currently writing a stand-up routine.

Back