• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Least favorite characters?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Anime, game, wherever. And why?

I can't use the anime, because that would require calling them "characters" which I can't rightly do, so I'll stick to the games.

It's a tie for me between Juan and Wallace, but probably the latter more. Especially in the remakes.
I loathe their flamboyant nature, they act like male bimbos, their designs (Wallace especially in the remake) and the fact such an unlikable character gets such a large role. And to top it off, he runs one of my least favorite types. He is grotesque to look at too.
Wallace seems tailor made for me to dislike him.

No offense to any of his fans, but yeah... Definitely least favorite alongside his counterpart.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
Pokémon X and Y's Gym Leaders exist purely to be Gym Leaders, and don't seem to act like their own characters. You could say pretty much the same for every Generation VI character, sans Zinnia.

Where do I even begin with Hau?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 7, 2019
I'm probably in a minority here, but I really can't stand Silver. I get that he has a troubled past, but he acts like such a whiny emo kid, and the fact that he abuses his Pokemon makes me really uncomfortable.

I used to dislike N a lot, but I'm starting to come around on him. I think I really only disliked him because I disliked B/W in general.

Years
Lillie! She has a pretty design, and I was excited about meeting this mysterious girl all in white at first, and had added her nendoroid to my wishlist. They introduced her in such a dramatic way in the intro of SM that I was quite built up. But once she started talking she started grating on my nerves. She sounds and looks infatile with this stare of wide-eyed surprise and "Oh Nebby.'

If Lillie weren't a major character then I would probably not find her annoying, but to have such a flat catalyst I think slowed down the action of the story. We are repeatedly coming to the rescue, whether its helping her walk back, looking for her lost pokemon or searching for her after being kidnapped, and doing it in long cut scenes.

Compare her development to N through the events of gen 5 though they were both people with pacifist tendencies who had been left scarred by a warped parental figures. Lillie doesn't even evolve to the level of battling with you by the end of the story in SM. Even Wally, who was an younger child and gravely ill, I was more proud of.

I generally like helping characters in need in the pokemon world, but in order for me to respect you as a character you need to be consistent in trying to help yourself. Instead of standing to the side looking distressed and telling me to go help cosmog, how much better would it have been had we met her trying to bravely fight on the bridge to protect this pokemon herself, even if she didn't have other pokemon, neither did Ash when he tried to protect Pikachu from the spearow, and neither do you. We should fall off the bridge together, not just me falling after throwing myself in front of your pokemon. I never came to see myself as her friend but as a servant. Ultimately her character I think was overshadowed by her brother's.

9 times out of 10 Pokemon gives us strong women like Cynthia, Clair, Leonora, Sabrina. All of the female rivals and player characters are better than this. Even characters who are extra graceful and feminine in appearance like Jasmine or Erika are never frail like this but respectable individuals with a great deal of control. I get that she's a girl trying to find her footing in the world, but even characters who are portrayed as insecure like Bianca for instance I think are more lively than Lillie.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Lillie! She has a pretty design, and I was excited about meeting this mysterious girl all in white at first, and had added her nendoroid to my wishlist. They introduced her in such a dramatic way in the intro of SM that I was quite built up. But once she started talking she started grating on my nerves. She sounds and looks infatile with this stare of wide-eyed surprise and "Oh Nebby.'

If Lillie weren't a major character then I would probably not find her annoying, but to have such a flat catalyst I think slowed down the action of the story. We are repeatedly coming to the rescue, whether its helping her walk back, looking for her lost pokemon or searching for her after being kidnapped, and doing it in long cut scenes.

Compare her development to N through the events of gen 5 though they were both people with pacifist tendencies who had been left scarred by a warped parental figures. Lillie doesn't even evolve to the level of battling with you by the end of the story in SM. Even Wally, who was an younger child and gravely ill, I was more proud of.

I generally like helping characters in need in the pokemon world, but in order for me to respect you as a character you need to be consistent in trying to help yourself. Instead of standing to the side looking distressed and telling me to go help cosmog, how much better would it have been had we met her trying to bravely fight on the bridge to protect this pokemon herself, even if she didn't have other pokemon, neither did Ash when he tried to protect Pikachu from the spearow, and neither do you. We should fall off the bridge together, not just me falling after throwing myself in front of your pokemon. I never came to see myself as her friend but as a servant. Ultimately her character I think was overshadowed by her brother's.

9 times out of 10 Pokemon gives us strong women like Cynthia, Clair, Leonora, Sabrina. All of the female rivals and player characters are better than this. Even characters who are extra graceful and feminine in appearance like Jasmine or Erika are never frail like this but respectable individuals with a great deal of control. I get that she's a girl trying to find her footing in the world, but even characters who are portrayed as insecure like Bianca for instance I think are more lively than Lillie.

+1 and honestly I get that feeling in the Anime where the writers have basically gone with "Lillie's the best, F-the rest" mindset and that includes Ash at times. You'd think with so many instances of strong women in the games that they'd see the light on the Anime side and do the same thing when it comes to Protagonists(aka Strong Female Lead doing what you do in the games).

Years
they act like male bimbos, their designs (Wallace especially in the remake) and the fact such an unlikable character gets such a large role. And to top it off, he runs one of my least favorite types. He is grotesque to look at too.
Wallace seems tailor made for me to dislike him.

I don't see what's wrong with men acting flamboyant, not every male character has to act in a stereotypical masculine way. Although we disagree, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I just ask you to elaborate.

Anyways, I find Iris the most annoying, despicable, useless character ever. In the anime, anyways. She has no redeeming qualities, no interesting goals or ambitions, she's simply Ash's whiny lackey.

I also really dislike Guzma. He was a poorly portayed character. I've discussed my distaste for team Skull in other forums, anyways, he simply comes across as unintelligible, sloppy, unorganized, and is just a jerk in general. He really has no defined goals, his only desire being to make your life miserable. He honestly is extremely lackluster, like Lysandre before him, he isn't menacing or threatening in the slightest. His backstory is the only intriguing thing about him, other than that he has no standout characteristics that make him unique or memorable. He just occasionally pops out of no where and demands a battle, stating that he'll crush you. When he loses, he runs away to who knows where. See what I mean? Boring.

Might I add that Guzma is truly a horrible name.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
I don't see what's wrong with men acting flamboyant, not every male character has to act in a stereotypical masculine way. Although we disagree, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. I just ask you to elaborate.

Anyways, I find Iris the most annoying, despicable, useless character ever. In the anime, anyways. She has no redeeming qualities, no interesting goals or ambitions, she's simply Ash's whiny lackey.

I also really dislike Guzma. He was a poorly portayed character. I've discussed my distaste for team Skull in other forums, anyways, he simply comes across as unintelligible, sloppy, unorganized, and is just a jerk in general. He really has no defined goals, his only desire being to make your life miserable. He honestly is extremely lackluster, like Lysandre before him, he isn't menacing or threatening in the slightest. His backstory is the only intriguing thing about him, other than that he has no standout characteristics that make him unique or memorable. He just occasionally pops out of no where and demands a battle, stating that he'll crush you. When he loses, he runs away to who knows where. See what I mean? Boring.

Might I add that Guzma is truly a horrible name.

I've always been very off-put by blatant showboating and/or implications of private matters such flamboyancy may imply. It's instrusive and repulsive to behold. Both from a character standpoint and a writing one.

This is mostly remake Wallace than the original. I got no such anything past a wise and intelligent man with a penchant for elegance in those.

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
If spin-off characters count, then it has to be Team Skull in the Mystery Dungeon series. The game forces you to watch their leader beat your player character easily in cutscenes, and never gives you the chance to get revenge on him by battling him properly. They aren't relevant to the main aim of the game, and the game would definitely work without them being in it after you beat the other two members at the start of the game.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
Anime -
>Ash becuase, he's a Goku copycat, also i always wanted to kick his butt, and i did in pokemon adventures
>Iris, becuase she's annoying
>Paul and Trip, both are jerks who think only tought (sp) pokemon are useful, also Trip being voiced by a man who was born the same year as me makes me wanna vommit
>Ash's Pikachu, kill him with fire
>That female Togepi in DP, Misty's Togepi is spinning in it's grave
Game-
>Team rocket, they killed pokemon!!! They're not like those losers from the anime

Last edited:

The Foogle

Gone For Good
Years

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/angry-hades-gif-2.gif

How could you do this she is the best cutie-patootie and my favorite character

However I despise Hau, Olivia, And Hapu to my CORE.

Years
Most of the Kalos Gym Leaders, since they're just so incredibly forgettable. I don't even care about them enough to actively-dislike them, even if for some reason I felt inclined to. They're just kinda... there.

Shauna is kinda the only Kalos rival who isn't in that boat right along with the majority of the gym leaders, come to think of it. I kinda would've preferred if it was just her.

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
That NPC that traded you Gaspar in Diamond and Pearl. Seriously, what a jerk...

That NPC is such a freaking troll. I definitely hate her.

And Game!Shauna/Shana. I really, really, REALLY can't stand her. She doesn't get any character development at all and was a pitiful "rival" if you can even call her that. But thanks for the free second starter, I guess. Other than that, I didn't like her or any of the other X/Y "rivals" at all.

I also hate Ghetsis for what he did to N. Even though N is a creepy guy to boot. Please go away, Ghetsis.

Back