• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
Hi Zel, I'm from Spain and I have a question:

Can you fix the header of the rom or explain how to fix it, because the flash cart users can't play Shiny Gold cause the header is corrupted. (Header corrupted = Nintendo logo under game boy in the begginig is bad)

Thanks, Ian

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Zel, do you wanna go to insert all clonex25's G/S/C music remixes in SG?
When do you expect a release of next beta?

Great idea with last minigame!:)

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I donno ash its ok the clearpokeballs and sprites make it harder to memorize.But the sounds make it easier.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Woot my First Post :)

I've been playing this hack for a long time, I even have a godly team in Beta 5 (I didn't even NEED to cheat ;D). Shiny Gold Update, this makes my day!! Show more updates!! QUICK!! :D

(By the way, good luck for the hack)

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
So does this mean that the sliding puzzles in the ruins of alph will be in the game?
Will the card flip game that was in the game corner in g/s/c be in sg too?
Will you include the rollette game from the r/s/e game corner?
For the ruins of alph, you could make it be for a prize and be able to play it more than once because you said it would be a waste of (your) time because it only takes a few minutes to play and then it's over.
you don't have to do any of these things if you don't want to...

foullump

Rom Hacking Guru
Years
Glad to see you're back! You did an excellent job on that mini game there. It must have been a beast to script! O.o But I love the concept of mini games! They're just what the game needs! Keep on making them, is what I think. At least have three in total. You've already got two, so not much of a big deal, right? Anyways, once again, great job! And I look forward to playing b6 of SG! Which will, complete the game? Or will you go all the way up to a seventh?

But if I may express one comment/suggestion? This mini game... I think if you beat the thing on 'hard' you should get something more than money. Like a prize of some sort. You know, because money's great, but shouldn't the feeling of accomplishment be something more than buying a few hyper potions or rebuilding a PokéCenter? But, I suppose you've thought this over thoroughly and concluded that this is the best thing to do. So I won't try to tell you what to do. But anyways, great work!

-Foul

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2008
First of all, it's nice to see the thread back (at least for now.....) Anyways, the mini-game looks quite excellent. However, the prizes aren't very interesting. I think prizes as only monetary rewards is rather boring. It would be better to put actual prizes depending on the difficulty such as TMs and whatnot. Though that's only my opinion ;)
Anyways, good luck!

Years
Congratulations for the great hack i am new here but i played many hacks and this is one of the best hacks i ever played ! and i hope you will continue ! (sorry for my bad englisch ;) )

Years
HI, somebody can answer... i play the BETA 5, it's the must new? or have a uptated, cause i have seen videos in youtube with mini games, and more things updated... if have a pokemon shiny gold + updated, put the download link please, i'm have defeated the elite four and pass to the other continent, and have some rocks blocking the pass for others cities cause not are made...

srry again for my horrible english...

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Nice work on those minigames, they look like they took a lot of hard work, and I really can't wait to play them for myself!
Good to see that the progress is coming along smoothly as well, and, please people, no spam. LOL.
Are there going to be any more minigames put into it, or do you think you have enough already?
cheers =D

There are still two more minigames planned for the B6.

QFT

Anyway, glad to see you're making new minigames too. That reminds me of that beta card-flipping game in Gold that never got finished.

Ironically, it's good to know I'm still sticking to the original even without me knowing it :laugh:

You made a great script!! But will it have other rewards other than money?

Nope, this one only works with money. It's not like all of the minigames will give you items or a combo of items and money. Diversity is what makes the world interesting.

I like this project, it's a very good project with many scripts who are interesting. I'm french and I just want to know if you can do an French Version or other language versions ?

I dont work in translations, that depends on people who know both languages and wants to translate it to their language (I reall dont want to have "official" translators, so anyone is free to make their own)

Hey zel, are you gonna reveal more minigames or are those a secret?

I'll talk about them after I finish them, as I've been doing with the previous three minigames.

Good day, zel.
It's good to know you're back in action.

Nice matchup minigame there. I assume that you have more time now and have a loose schedule in your work.

I have a suggestion in the Whirpool thingy: Why not place it as TM08 (the one Rock Smash owns, since it's now HM)? And it won't be available in Goldenrod Dept. Store until the Lance event at Mahogany.

Not exactly, I just got a few hours since I dont have Uni, but job takes a big part of my days, though.

About the suggestion, that was made quite a few other times, and I think I got enough compaints to realize I should replace HM08-Dive, I think, (you said TM08?) with Whirlpool. Got the message, now I need to remember to actually do it sometime :P

Its up again? Well like christos said let the spam begin. Nah kiddin so far its quiet and peaceful. Hope it stays like that.
ON TOPIC:
That minigame is swell. Im guessing hard would have the whole floor or only one retry i guess.

Nope, if I filled the whole floor the difficulty of implementing everything would have drastically increased. All the levels will have the same ammount of "cards", the only difference between the modes is the number of mistakes you can make (thus, requiring better memory skills, which is secretely what I'm trying to test of you ;))

Sorry Zel, but I would have use the most Popular Cheating Device- Savestates to beat your minigame.

CARLOS: Hehe... Do that and expect a kick in your rear by me! :badsmile:

Hi Zel, I'm from Spain and I have a question:

Can you fix the header of the rom or explain how to fix it, because the flash cart users can't play Shiny Gold cause the header is corrupted. (Header corrupted = Nintendo logo under game boy in the begginig is bad)

Thanks, Ian

As far as I've heard some people managed to put it on their flashcards, but, whatever, I think I was clear enough when I said that I didnt care a bit about anyone not being able to play it on something that wasnt a PC, right? You are on your own, man.

Zel, do you wanna go to insert all clonex25's G/S/C music remixes in SG?
When do you expect a release of next beta?

Great idea with last minigame!:)

Definitely. I wanted to do it before starting the next minigame, actually, but I really cannot wait to start the next one (I'm just a bit overexcited about the concept of the next minigame >.<), it'll have to wait, but definitely I'll add all the stuff he has for the next release.

I feel the minigame looked awful. (no offence ) but maybe its cuz it duz'nt feel right.

If you want, you can try to be more specific, just to see if you convince me of what you dont feel right. But, keep in mind I'm quite stubborn and chances of me changing something are not very likely.

So does this mean that the sliding puzzles in the ruins of alph will be in the game?
Will the card flip game that was in the game corner in g/s/c be in sg too?
Will you include the rollette game from the r/s/e game corner?
For the ruins of alph, you could make it be for a prize and be able to play it more than once because you said it would be a waste of (your) time because it only takes a few minutes to play and then it's over.
you don't have to do any of these things if you don't want to...

The puzzles in R.Alph at least not yet. The way I wanted to do it required me to use a few sprites, not tiles, and I'd need to increase the amount FR has (for which now I'll need to read carefully Darthatron's guide about that)

Nah, with this card flip I made I think it'd be like, too repeatitive.

A roulette? How do you expect me to do that? O.o

Yeah, but making it like a minigame would be, strange, at least I dont see how I could make it a minigame, since I wont be using more than 4 (or were 5?) different pictures (more would require more sprites, and I'm sure there must some kind of limit in the amount of OWs tha game can handle (at least I know HackMew's OWE has a limit XD)

So, in the end, from all the stuff you've mentioned, I think the only thing that will be present (but not in the next release) are the puzzles of R.Alph, but not as a minigame, but as a way to stick closer to the original game.

Glad to see you're back! You did an excellent job on that mini game there. It must have been a beast to script! O.o But I love the concept of mini games! They're just what the game needs! Keep on making them, is what I think. At least have three in total. You've already got two, so not much of a big deal, right? Anyways, once again, great job! And I look forward to playing b6 of SG! Which will, complete the game? Or will you go all the way up to a seventh?

But if I may express one comment/suggestion? This mini game... I think if you beat the thing on 'hard' you should get something more than money. Like a prize of some sort. You know, because money's great, but shouldn't the feeling of accomplishment be something more than buying a few hyper potions or rebuilding a PokéCenter? But, I suppose you've thought this over thoroughly and concluded that this is the best thing to do. So I won't try to tell you what to do. But anyways, great work!

-Foul

It wasnt that hard to script, because, compared to the digging minigame, there's only interaction with 14 tiles (unlike the digging where you interact with almost 60), interacting with less tiles means less repeatitive scripting, less variable using, and, in the end, the whole code was simpler.

Again, I planned 5 minigames, and I have finished 3 (I count the Feebas one as a minigame. Then there are the digging and matchup minigames), now I need to complete the next two.

B6 does not complete the game (but will complete, in terms of storyline, the original Gold. After B6, there will be the final release, which takes you a bit into this new region-like-island or something, to extend the story a bit more ('cause, not like I have added a lot of stuff to Kanto, and I really want to do a bit of "more original" stuff :P)

Again, not all minigames should just be based on items, diversity is something that should be appreciated. But, in any case, not like I really care a lot if you play this game or not, I was just more interested in knowing if you'd like a test to your memory skills, really ;P

---

I'll just check a bit more what's been going on, and hopefully tomorrow I'll be less tired to investigate something. If it works the way I think it'll work, I'll talk a bit about what the next minigame will be about. See ya!

[EDIT for lopinh0]: Beta5 is the newest one, it's the one at the bottom of the first post of this thread. On B5 the VS Seeker doesnt exist anymore as it got replaced, and as always, a new Beta is recommended to play from the beginning, but it's not completely necessary, however I wont be held responsible for any weird behaviour if you use an older Beta save on a newer Beta.

Last edited:

Aussie Riolu

What is anything to a Riolu?
Years
It might just be a bad ROM that you have. Also, HM07 is in Ice Path, or else nobody would be able to get to Kanto. (Unless they cheated, but thats a different story)

Actually you don't need to get HM07 or use cheats. Goldeen learns Waterfall at level 38 and Seaking learns it at level 41.

Anyways, I like the new mini-game you made Zel, I wonder what happens when you complete the hardest mode? Do you get money or an item (or even a Pokemon :surprised:)
I hope I don't need to use Savestates to beat your mini game (I don't want a kick in the rear from Carlos :P)
I wish you good luck on Shiny Gold. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2009
Um, Zel. Is it possible to elminate the the return to the title screen after the Elite 4? This way people with save states won't complain?

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
Ok Zel, I found a program in internet and I can play now ^^

Thanks for the game, is better than Nintendo's game.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 22, 2014
yo zel hows the hackin goin, its been a while that this thread was closed , finally its open again, so the new beta is on its way, k then good luck n best wishes on it. :P

Back