• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2024
Dragon is super effective against dragon ^^,and btw how far this first beta goes? ^^

i think it goes a bit further thatn the 4th gym

the entai fight is soo hard its killed me like 50 times ive been save stating and is save stating and turbo cheating?
After 40 mins iv finally beat entai :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Hacker Bisharp

I just evolve a Blitzle & it's name became Zebstrika. I'll try again and see if that problem occurs.

EDIT: Yep, Blitzle evolved into Zebstrika fine & had the name Zebstrika when it evolved. I double checked.

@_Chris7

The beta ends AFTER you defeat Kyurem. There's an invisible wall blocking the battle? I'll check that out. After you beat her, there should be an ice rock blocking you from exiting the cave and going to iceland city.

EDIT: I JUST uploaded another updated beta. This time, I fixed the movement positions outside of Waters Cavern where the sign is. And I fixed the movement positions around the Kyurem Event. The beta ends after you've defeated Kyurem & Sydney in Kyurem's Den. BTW check out Dylan Rockin's youtube walkthrough if you get a chance. It's really funny. ^.^

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I Just uploaded another update beta. This time, I've fixed the movement positions in Lavaburn Forest(Thanks Dylan Rockin for the video, it showed me I had alot of movement position errors in there. I'll get to fixing that Lava too ^.^) & Larvesta's name in the house you can trade for it. Also, I've raised the levels of Kyurem Black/White from 50 to 55.

UPDATE COMING SOON
I'll begin editing Iceland City so you all can get the 4th badge & do the events in it as well. Then you'll have to wait for Beta 2 to continue onward from there. But I will get Iceland City started right now & upload an update.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
I Just uploaded another update beta. This time, I've fixed the movement positions in Lavaburn Forest(Thanks Dylan Rockin for the video, it showed me I had alot of movement position errors in there. I'll get to fixing that Lava too ^.^) & Larvesta's name in the house you can trade for it. Also, I've raised the levels of Kyurem Black/White from 50 to 55.

UPDATE COMING SOON
I'll begin editing Iceland City so you all can get the 4th badge & do the events in it as well. Then you'll have to wait for Beta 2 to continue onward from there. But I will get Iceland City started right now & upload an update.

This hack seems to be going at an interesting direction. I'll play it when I get the time. But for now, a quick question. Are the Unova Pokemon's evolution requirements the same? In BW, various Pokemon such as Rufflet and Pawniard evolve at a level of over 50, while Zweilous evolves to Hydreigon at 64. I've always thought those levels would be too high in hacks without the BW leveling system, so are they changed in DR?

Years
First, congratulations on releasing a beta! I really liked the storyline and the difficulty of the hack. I remember last time I was criticizing this hack back in the days.. but it turned.out into be a very fun hack to play so kudos to you!

Some errors I managed to find (most are minor though)

1. Movement block errors... there are a LOT of those, especially in Atlantic Path grasspatches

2. Spelling and grammar.. but I see you are aware of those already

3. Tynamo. It doesnt seem to learn any new attacks until it evolves. Was this intentional? Also it was quite amusing to see it being capable of learning Drain Punch and Mega Kick xD (although that saved me in a lot of situations lol)

4. When Tynamo evolves to Eelektrik (The Pokemon is spelt incorrectly btw. Its Eelektrik not Elektrik. Same applies to Eelektross) at Lv 39, it becomes instantky elevated to Lv 42

5. The Move Tutors.. they still say they want to teach you Mega Punch and Rock Slide.. which should be Draun Punch and Stone Edge. Similarly some NPCs state things about Kanto such as the letter guy in Mystic Falls

6. At the Entei event, after you have completed it, when you talk to Entei again, the game freezes. Also, shouldnt the evil team members disappear once Entei is defeated? They still seem to remain inside that cave. Theres one Goon inside the cave who doesnt battle you.. although judging from its dialogue I already seened to have defeated him. Also theres a random female Grunt near the exit which says "Player: I guess I'll be going now?" or something along those lines

7. I chose to play as the Heroine..but there were a few times when characters treated me like a male xD cant really remember where it was though...

8. Some of the houses in Mystic Falls are inaccessible. And theres a Hiker here who doesnt have any dialogue. In fact there are several cases similar to this. The Goon abd Goonette you face before Entei dont have any dialogue once you defeat them for example

9. When the guard at the top of the line of Grunt/Goon guards in Grass Isle (before the ship event) and inside the ship (befire rescuing the 2nd kidnapped child) is spoken to, he says Scram! and I move up one space... yay I seemed to have walked through walls unintentionally xD

I think thats all I can think of so far. Im in Grass Isle now with Lv 50 Garchomp, Scolipede, Musharna, Eelektross and Victini. Took me a lot of time grinding.. but had no choice as I kept losing to Kayo xD. Cant wait to progress xD good luck with beta2!!

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Shomoher

Thanks so much, that means alot. Also thanks for listing those errors, I'm getting to them day by day. I'm already getting to the move tutors as we speak. Also, about Tynamo, I checked the pokedex & it doesn't learn any attacks other then the 4 it already knows when you catch it. I use Serebii.net for the attack & data information. I'll also fix Eelektrik & Eelektross tonight before I release the update.

@_Ach7AC

If the pokemon evolved by level in BW/BW2, then it'll evolve when it reaches that Same Level in this hack. If the pokemon in those games evolve by a different method that wasn't available in Fire Red, I've either change that pokemon to evolve by stone or by level.

2ic303t.png
Blizzard Route/Iceland City/Underground City/Kayo's last stand/4th gym leader coming tonight in the updated finale of beta 1!

EDIT: I Just Uploaded the updated Beta. As promise, it's the Full Beta 1 up until the 4th gym leader. Also in the update are Fixes of errors Shomoher mentioned. These include the mis-spelling of Eeletrik & Eelektross/The move tutors/and the movement positions on Atlantic Path.
There is Tile Errors in Iceland City, as I didn't add a Pokecenter/Gym/Mart/Houses with the snow tiles I've inserted. So I used the Center/Gym/Mart/Houses with green grass around them For NOW. ENJOY!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2015
ARGH I TOOK 4 HOURS TRYING TO LEVEL UP DRATINI TO BATTLE TORANDUS AND I STILL LOST TO HIM AND AHD TO PAY HIM MONEY EVEN THOUGH HIS TORNADUS FAINTED >.<

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I should finally start playing xD

And again, my wall of advices :D
3. Tynamo. It doesnt seem to learn any new attacks until it evolves. Was this intentional? Also it was quite amusing to see it being capable of learning Drain Punch and Mega Kick xD (although that saved me in a lot of situations lol)
As DRG mentioned, Shibishirasu hass only 4 attacks in its movepool ;)

Oh and DRG, if you want to differ the dialogues between male and female heros you can use checkgender command ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
Hey guys 1 question. I´ve downloaded the Beta two days ago and there were many bugs and so but i see that the most of them were fixed now. Here´s the question: if i download the latest uploadet beta, will my old score be deleted?

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Levimontal

You can still use your save file by pressing "Load" on the Visual Boy After you've opened up the newly updated rom & find your save file from the older rom. It should work.

@_Ash493

Yea, thanks. I just recently learned about that command.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Thanks so much. With most of the errors out of the way for beta 1, we'll begin progress for beta 2 soon. For those who are enjoying the story of the hack, I assure you it's gonna get even better in beta 2 & have alot of cool, fun battles. Although some may not agree to have Yugi in the hack as it's completely out of nowhere, I promise he'll fit in just fine & everything will be explained(Planning on having the yugioh theme song play when you battle him. Just have to find the MiDi file of it. :disappoin) You can also expect to get the remaining 4 badges for the Current region as well.

I also hear there's this 649 patch that's coming out soon that'll allow you to have ALL of the pokemon in 1 hack? If this is true, you can expect the 2nd region to be loaded with new pokemon that didn't make the first cut & some really good ones that are already added.

ReTAsp

Awesome Norwegian :D
Years
Btw... doesn't work to save by using the menu. Lost my Bulbasaur because of that :@ I hate doing save by shift +1-9

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Btw... doesn't work to save by using the menu. Lost my Bulbasaur because of that :@ I hate doing save by shift +1-9

You can just use save state it's much safer but I think it's with the Emulators but other users are able to save it, you might just have some issues... xD

So just use Save State much easier... :)

Back