• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2023
I tried that too. Nothing happens. I tried pressing A while facing every direction and it did nothing.

I'm sorry, but I don't know, I've never heard anything like that happen, I wish I could help more.~_~

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I could swear you activate it through a computer on the side? I haven't played this game in a long time. Let me know what happens if you try that. If you're still in need of help by tomorrow, I'll pop in my game and see how it goes when I do all that.

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
I could swear you activate it through a computer on the side? I haven't played this game in a long time. Let me know what happens if you try that. If you're still in need of help by tomorrow, I'll pop in my game and see how it goes when I do all that.

Actually, I figured out it was the controller. I was using a MadCatz brand controller instead of an official Nintendo controller and for whatever reason it reads every command from the MadCatz one EXCEPT the launch command for the Purify Chamber. XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh no! :( That really sucks. I'm sure you could find an official Nintendo controller on eBay or Amazon...not sure what kind of prices they fetch these days. I know I was able to get an N64 controller from a local store for about $15 two years ago, so hopefully they're in that range.

Obliveon

Burn...
Years
Oh no! :( That really sucks. I'm sure you could find an official Nintendo controller on eBay or Amazon...not sure what kind of prices they fetch these days. I know I was able to get an N64 controller from a local store for about $15 two years ago, so hopefully they're in that range.

Oh I have one. No worries. The MadCatz one just has a longer cord and comfort grips on the sides and joysticks.

Years
Canyou play Pokjemon games like platinum and Soulsilver after the WiFi was taken away? I keep seeing people talking about unofficial servers but I dont get what they are nor where they are, so can someone help me out please?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
I know people are talking about the Nintendo wifi shutdown but before today they announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, is this because you wont be able to trade with anyone in the original games so thats why they are bringing out the re-makes and if so does anyone think they will make re-makes of Platinum, Diamond and Pearl at some point and then re-makes of Black and White?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Canyou play Pokjemon games like platinum and Soulsilver after the WiFi was taken away? I keep seeing people talking about unofficial servers but I dont get what they are nor where they are, so can someone help me out please?

Yup, you can play Gen 4 and 5 games without WiFi. You just can't use WiFi related features like the GTS or random WiFi battles.

Unoffical servers are servers made by fans using their own tech in order to keep online services for a game running when the game's company shuts down the official server. It's a somewhat common thing to do with older games. To connect to the unoffical server, you'd have to get in contact with the person who made the sever or something; they're generally not open to the public.

I know people are talking about the Nintendo wifi shutdown but before today they announced Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, is this because you wont be able to trade with anyone in the original games so thats why they are bringing out the re-makes and if so does anyone think they will make re-makes of Platinum, Diamond and Pearl at some point and then re-makes of Black and White?
No one's certain as to why Game Freak decided to make Ruby/Sapphire remakes, but a few ideas are:
-R/S is over 10 years old, so its time for a remake if you look at past remakes
-like you said, transfer issues from Gen 3 to Gen 6
-money
-Game Freak finally caved into all the Gen 3 fans constantly asking for Hoenn remakes
-Game Freak wants the younger Pokemon fans to experience Hoenn

Or perhaps a combination of those things. And I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually got DPPt and Gen 5 remakes one day.

Years
Yup, you can play Gen 4 and 5 games without WiFi. You just can't use WiFi related features like the GTS or random WiFi battles.

Unoffical servers are servers made by fans using their own tech in order to keep online services for a game running when the game's company shuts down the official server. It's a somewhat common thing to do with older games. To connect to the unoffical server, you'd have to get in contact with the person who made the sever or something; they're generally not open to the public.

No one's certain as to why Game Freak decided to make Ruby/Sapphire remakes, but a few ideas are:
-money
-Game Freak finally caved into all the Gen 3 fans constantly asking for Hoenn remakes

Or perhaps a combination of those things. And I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually got DPPt and Gen 5 remakes one day.

Thanks for your answer. That's what I am asking though, where can I find servers, or who can I talk to. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 25, 2015
-money

Well it would probably be more likely what you said 'Money' because Nintendo is far behind with profilt than Microsoft and Sony and cutting off wifi and re-making games is there way of saying lets make more money because its not just pokemon they are re-making, Mario Kart is a popular game on the Wii and they are bringing out Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U

Years
Well it would probably be more likely what you said 'Money' because Nintendo is far behind with profilt than Microsoft and Sony and cutting off wifi and re-making games is there way of saying lets make more money because its not just pokemon they are re-making, Mario Kart is a popular game on the Wii and they are bringing out Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U

Apparently the reason the wi-fi really went down was due to the servers being hosted by Gamespy and the company ceased all their operations, hence the DS and Wii wi-fi went down.

Years
Alright so I was breeding Eevees to fill up some of my pokedex...and I ended up with Eevees who knew Shadow ball. I bred Ditto with male Jolteon (Thunderbolt,Thunder,Quick attack,Shadow ball). It's pretty cool but I dont get how that works, can someone explain? I chekced Eevee's page and it doesnt show it can learn Shadow ball by breeding so yeah, how does this work? xD

Years
Alright so I was breeding Eevees to fill up some of my pokedex...and I ended up with Eevees who knew Shadow ball. I bred Ditto with male Jolteon (Thunderbolt,Thunder,Quick attack,Shadow ball). It's pretty cool but I dont get how that works, can someone explain? I chekced Eevee's page and it doesnt show it can learn Shadow ball by breeding so yeah, how does this work? xD

Eevee can learn Shadow Ball as a TM move, that's why. TM moves can also be inherited from breeding provided the parent knows the move. That must have been what happened here, the Eevee's parent knew Shadow Ball at the time of breeding.

Years
Eevee can learn Shadow Ball as a TM move, that's why. TM moves can also be inherited from breeding provided the parent knows the move. That must have been what happened here, the Eevee's parent knew Shadow Ball at the time of breeding.

Why was only Shadow ball passed then? It also knew Thunder which he did learn naturally but Thunderbolt was a TM as well.

Years
Why was only Shadow ball passed then? It also knew Thunder which he did learn naturally but Thunderbolt was a TM as well.

If a move is in an evolved Pokemon's movepool but not in the pre-evo's movepool that move won't be passed. Eevee's movepool didn't contain any of the moves listed other than Shadow Ball, although for level-up moves to be inherited both parents need to know the move and given there wasn't both parents both knowing Quick Attack in this case, Eevee didn't inherit it.

So, what happens is that for TM/HM moves, at least one parent has to know the move but for level-up moves it has to be both parents.

Years
If a move is in an evolved Pokemon's movepool but not in the pre-evo's movepool that move won't be passed. Eevee's movepool didn't contain any of the moves listed other than Shadow Ball, although for level-up moves to be inherited both parents need to know the move and given there wasn't both parents both knowing Quick Attack in this case, Eevee didn't inherit it.

So, what happens is that for TM/HM moves, at least one parent has to know the move but for level-up moves it has to be both parents.

Ah I get it, thanks. One last, if I breed two Jolteons, male and female, knowing Quick attack, Tackle, Shadow ball and Iron tail, both of them, will all of those attacks be passed or?

Years
Ah I get it, thanks. One last, if I breed two Jolteons, male and female, knowing Quick attack, Tackle, Shadow ball and Iron tail, both of them, will all of those attacks be passed or?

It'll probably inherit most of the moves along with having its usual Level 1 moves (which in Eevee's case is Helping Hand, Tackle, Growl and Tail Whip). I'm not quite sure how tutor moves are passed down, but I'm aware of the others. I know that Iron Tail was a TM in 4th Gen, but in 5th Gen it was a tutor move (Smack Down replaced Iron Tail's TM slot in that generation) so it's a different circumstance depending on generation there, but with the other three moves mentioned the Eevee will inherit those at once.

Also, if a possible combination of inherited moves causes all four of the baby's moveslots to be full when hatched, it won't learn any of the starting Level 1 moves unless if taken to the move relearner.

Look at this Bulbapedia page to see how the egg move inheritance system works: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_move

Years
It'll probably inherit most of the moves along with having its usual Level 1 moves (which in Eevee's case is Helping Hand, Tackle, Growl and Tail Whip). I'm not quite sure how tutor moves are passed down, but I'm aware of the others. I know that Iron Tail was a TM in 4th Gen, but in 5th Gen it was a tutor move (Smack Down replaced Iron Tail's TM slot in that generation) so it's a different circumstance depending on generation there, but with the other three moves mentioned the Eevee will inherit those at once.

Also, if a possible combination of inherited moves causes all four of the baby's moveslots to be full when hatched, it won't learn any of the starting Level 1 moves unless if taken to the move relearner.

Look at this Bulbapedia page to see how the egg move inheritance system works: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Egg_move

Thanks!
That's all i wanted to know :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back