• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Gunpowder (M) (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years

conrad-veidt.regular.png

Sorcery Level: 1
Current Elements: Water
Collected Bounty Profits: 0$​

Forward in Duty

"W-Wolf... I..."

"Elissa, you sound- Elissa? ELISSA!"

***​

Stopping in an old and weathered saloon for a few spared drinks before the journey home continued, Wolf watched as his young ward approached him, only to collapse to the ground in a mumbled plea. He near kicked the bar stool from underneath him as he rushed to her side, the dusty wooden floors were worn and creaked horribly as he moved across them, the patrons there seemed kind, a rarity in the wasteland of the World that Wolf called home. But that didn't matter much to him. He pushed the worried onlookers aside and almost tossed one of them into a table as he moved forward, he got to his knees and grasped her hand with his, the other moved to her forehead. Burning hot, a heat greater than the ever burning son. Yet she looked so pale, there was no redness in her cheeks or forehead. What manner of affliction was this?

She was in a troubled sleep. Tossing and turning, unable to shake herself into a waking state. She had fallen unconscious so quickly and yet already she seemed tormented by unholy dreams.

"Elissa, you must open your eyes. Enough sleep, you must move. I must bring you home, to a doctor or-"

"I ain't never seen a case strike some'un in person..."

A voice spoke out among the still silently shocked crowd and Wolf turned glaring and demonic eyes towards it. His gaze only softened as he saw not a threat, but a wheelchair bound old woman. Without legs, she rolled herself forward, lazy but knowledge ridden eyes gazed out at him as Wolf spoke up to question.

"You know what it is ails her? Tell me, can you help her. You must do so now if you can. Now, do it now!" Wolf spoke with deranged desperation and a few folks around took another step back.

"I'm afraid my boy... that I can't. Neither can you... nor most anyone. The pale face, burning temperature, sudden collapse, her eyes were bloodshot with blue veins too, the most common sign..."

"Enough conjecture! Speak what you know!"

"Overtura Humanis Magia... Or, OHM as it's known for short. A strange disease that develops in non magic users due to overexposure to arcane energies. It kills slowly over two whole months. Though considering the girl has collapsed, I'd say she's already a month in."

"W-what?" Wolf froze, this was his fault. Elissa was bound to him and his magic, it was for his power that she now suffered. He had... done her harm? His head spun,but he corrected himself quickly. The old woman continued talking and he listened now, intently so.

"I'll not waste yer time, I'll just tell ya what you need ta know... there ain't no cure that's still commercially avail-"

"I don't need bull**** availability... I need a solution. Give me one and I WILL find it. Do you understand? I have no time to waste asking for useless details."

The woman seemed... somewhat frightened by Wolf's drive and anger, but she answered his question honestly nonetheless, or perhaps, as a result of this fear.

"There's an owld 'erb. Manasprig, they calls it. Used to grow in the deepest and darkest location in the country... bright blue blossom that glows like a star. Grants a minor magical pulse to normal human hearts, will grant the girl immunity to OHM if ingested... but the thing was over 'arvested, not been seen in yea-"

"THEN GIVE ME SOMETHING ELSE!"

Wolf had a strange sort of desperation in his eyes, almost like a madness. He placed his hands on the hilts of his blades as he stood up to shout. His teeth were gnashed together as he glared, like a wild animal. So suddenly, this was all happening, so quickly he had changed in attitude. He had no time for games or worthless leads to amounted to nothing. Why had this ***** even bothered to mention to this to him? She would speak. Quickly.

"I... I don't think I should tell you tha'... Y-you're off yer rocker..." The old woman gently rolled her chair backwards, her once calm and wise expression now reduced to fearful quivering.

"Y-you might 'urt 'er..."

Wolf twitched gently. His eyes painfully wide and his expression expressing a dark and tormented hatred. He slowly removed his swords from their scabbards and began to take steps forward.

"Hurt who? Tell me. Now."

A man from the crowd moved to intervene, he reached a hand out aggressively attempting to grab Wolf and hold him back. His mouth opened to speak, but all he could do was scream at the result that followed. A piercing, blood curdling scream. Wolf had moved so quickly, so efficiently, it was as if his blade hadn't moved at all. The man fell to his knees, grasping at his stump... he vomited as he spied his own erupting blood splattering out and pooling with that which now drained from the dismembered hand that a lay no more than a foot away. People in the bar panicked, they began to move out of Wolfs path as he sheathed his weapons and continued moving, unfazed, towards the now desperately rolling old cripple.

Nobody dared to touch the still unconscious Elissa.

The old woman fidgeted and squirmed as her back hit a wall, she had been directly reversing in a panic to escape Wolf and now she was now desperately trying to turn after colliding with the bar wall. But it was too late for that, he was already upon her. His fingers gripped the old crones pure white hair as he wrenched the small and crippled elder into the air. He held her there, squirming weakly and screaming in pain. His eyes burned with hatred and expectation.

"Tell me what you know... NOW!"

He bent down gently to scream into the now tiring cripples face directly. His spittle stained her tear ridden and terror plastered face as she wept her answer in response.

"F-Fairbell, not far from here... There's a girl, Agnes! They say she's blessed with holy power, she can 'eal anythin' tha' ails ya. That's all I know, I promise so please, let me go, please!"

Wolf smiled gently, finally satisfied with a solution for Elissa. He could save her now. He would save her now. But first, this woman had wasted so much of his time. Something so old and fragile really wasn't worth that much thought, he would have to be rid of it. Disgusting, pitiful thing. It was time for it to disappear. With a circular swinging motion, Wolf swung the small old woman around once before slamming her harshly into the wooden floor, the wood made a sickening crack and floorboards splintered to account for the force.

There was no more audible whimpering in the room suddenly.

Wolf turned and walked back to Elissa, petrified, shocked and in some cases hiding, none of the weak and mild patrons of the bar made even the slightest noise or movement that might aggravate him. Picking her up gently, Wolf gently ran a hand through Elissa's hair to comfort her in her deep sleep. He would find this Agnes girl and he would MAKE her heal Elissa no matter what. It was his fault she was like this... his bond was doing this to her. So he would do whatever was necessary to save her. If anyone so much as tripped and stumbled into his path then he would eviscerate them until there was nothing left, any obstacle would be demolished.

Outside the saloon, he held her close to his chest and kept her safe from harm and falling as he mounted his "borrowed" horse. Subtle weeping and moaning was heard from the inside of the saloon, though he didn't care, not at all. Elissa was the only one that mattered.

Harshly flicking the rains and kicking in with his heels, the horse beneath Wolf took off at a gallop in a new direction, one that was far off course from the original destination of home. The location was Fairbell... the goal? The girl with the healing touch, Agnes. Wolf would have her heal Elissa. Everybody else be damned.

He was not in the mood to accept no as an answer.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Emmett Holliday
Status - Outlaw - Jailbreaker - Frequent Blinker
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Water
Bounty - 300$
Alex Rose
Status - Bounty Hunter
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - fire
Money - 300$

In the Blink of an Eye

Alex entered the old building that served both as the home of the local sheriff's department and as a small-time lock-up for outlaws that were being held for questioning or whilst they were waiting to be hanged. Alex wasn't sure how she had done it, since this sort of thing was the job of martials not bounty hunters, but Janet had managed to get him in there to interrogate a group of outlaws that had recently been caught in the area robbing travellers. One of them had been a known member of Rex Finders' gang, however he had been shot and killed when law enforcers brought the group in. They were currently set to be moved to the nearest prison.

Alex nodded at a uniformed man who was sitting at the front desk, the man responded by looking at the bounty hunter with disdain. It seemed he wasn't fond of the young hunter being on his turf and doing his job. Alex paid this no mind and proceeded to walk passed the desk and through a doorway into a hallway.

A few doors were located on the sides, however Alex ignored those and proceeded straight down to the end, which opened up into a larger room full of iron cells. In a cell on the far left sat a group of six filthy men, all of them covered in dirt and dried blood.
"Right, I'll cut to the chase. You know where Rex Flinders is hiding. I don't want this to be a long conversation, so let's skip to the part where you tell me where that place is." One of the burlier outlaws in the group spoke up, a gravelly voice coming from behind the bars
"We aren't telling you shit kid. Go back home to mummy and play sheriff another day."
"I'm no sheriff," Alex said with a smirk, summoning a small fireball in his hand "and one way or another, you are definitely going to tell me what I want to hear."

The sounds of tables hitting the ground emerged from the sheriff's office, and a scream could be heard.
"Just stay where you are, I'll be right back, okay?" Said a voice, nearing the room Alex was in. The footsteps were light, and it sounded like there was almost a childish skip in the steps. The door creaked open, and a boy with black hair, wearing a poncho entered the room. As he closed the door, his and Alex' eyes locked.
"Hey," he said, and he waved, "I didn't know there would be anyone else here." He opened the door again, and yelled "Liar" towards the other side of the building.
"Would you mind if I just, you know, opened this cell and let these lovely guys go?" He shifted his stance to a more balanced one. "Or do you want to make this actually exciting," he asked, laughing.

Alex turned to see the new arrival, a boy a few years younger than himself it seemed dressed in a large poncho. Normally one wouldn't even consider a child-like visage such as this individual's would be one of an outlaw. However his words and actions confirmed that this was his case, and his face tugged a strand in Alex's memory - something about Fairbell.

The bounty hunter's smirk deepened
"My life can always use a little more excitement." Alex then spoke to the captives: "I'll be back for you in a moment, first I need to deal with your friend here." Alex walked a few steps forward, letting the fireball fade away as he instead removed the small sawed-off shotgun from where it was concealed beneath his coat. Alex aimed the weapon at the young outlaw across from him. "I don't suppose you'd be kind enough to tell me if you have a bounty or not. Then I'll know if I'm allowed to kill you."

The kid suddenly disappeared, and his voice was now behind him: "The name's Emmett, but you can call me," he stopped for just a moment, as if he was trying to increase the dramaticness of the reveal, "the Frostfire demon." He lay his head on Alex shoulder, and asked in a childlike voice, "and who is this grumpy bounty hunter?"

Alex responded by blinking to be behind Emmett, the barrel of his gun jammed into the outlaws back.
"Alex Rose. Can't say I've heard of any 'Frostfire demon'."

"Well, I'm not sure if I want to go with Frostfire demon yet," said Emmett, who had now blinked into the cell, and sat next to one of Rex's men. "I came up with it while I was in a bit of a rush. I really didn't have time to think it through." He grabbed one of the other outlaws in the cell, and pushed him forward till it was pressed up against the bars, close to the lock. "I've been thinking about maybe Frostbite demon, or just Ice cold Emmett, what do you say?"

Alex whirled around, removing his revolver from it's holster with his free hand and taking a shot at Emmett, the bullet narrowly missing the captive outlaw that Emmett was essentially using as a meat shield whilst he tried to open the cell on its trajectory towards him.
"Demon is already taken by someone a lot more impressive than you."

The bullet buried itself in the wall, and the outlaw previously employed as meat shield put out a high squeal. Emmett now stood in the door opening again.
"I know, it's why I want to add something in front of the word demon. It's really hard to think of something, ya know?" The boy grabbed his gun from it's holster, and drops of water seemed to form around it.

Alex didn't know what Emmett was planning but he wasn't going to give him the chance to do it. Without moving from his spot in the centre of the room he turned his head and levelled the shotgun in his other hand at Emmett, pulling the trigger just as a bullet made of ice flew from the other weapon's barrel. Alex blinked to be against the wall out of Emmett's line of fire even as his own projectile spread into shrapnel nearing it's target.

Emmett reappeared next to Alex, and immediately kicked down his foot onto Alex' foot, making the spiked soles pierce the skin of the bounty hunters foot. A second later he back at his old position.

Alex dropped to one knee, his foot temporarily giving out at the sharp fleets being dug deep into his skin. However he too blinked from his location, only milliseconds after Emmett. Appearing in mid air in front of the doorway, catching Emmett by surprise as he tackled him to the ground, pinning him down with the arm holding the shotgun and jabbing the barrel of the revolver in the other hand into his head. Expecting the blink that was sure to follow his move, Alex immediately pulled the trigger of the revolver, expecting to splatter the walls with pieces of Emmett's skull, however, the bullets just hit the ground, and buried itself in there. Emmett now stood back in the doorway, waving to Alex.

Alex rolled onto his back, levelling both firearms at the smugly grinning Emmett. Without hesitation he pulled the triggers again, launching a spray of shotgun shrapnel as well as a revolver bullet in Emmett's direction. However, Emmett once again blinked out the way causing the projectiles to fly towards the cells, some of them hitting occupants and causing them to fall down or clutch limbs groaning and screaming in pain.

Appearing behind Alex, Emmett now rushed towards the door at the other side of the hallway. He kicked the door to open it, but it seemed to open the other way, and his leg got stuck in the door. He groaned, and a moment later his appearance was visible on the other side of the hole he had just created, as he ran off to the outside.

Alex leapt to his feet and, ignoring the injured captives, practically launched down the hall after Emmett, arriving at the end of it just in time to see the outlaw get his foot stuck in the door. Unfortunately for Alex, the shot he took at the stuck Emmett only made another hole in the door because even as Alex pulled the trigger his target blinked to the other side of the door.
"Damn it!" Alex exclaimed before following Emmetts example, appearing behind the outlaw as he sprinted up the street.

Alex aimed his revolver at Emmett's ankle and took a shot, hoping to catch the outlaw by surpass and down him quickly. The bullet grazed the ankle, knocking Emmett to the ground.
"Playing dirty, I like that," he said, and he put his hand on his ankle. He grabbed his flagon off his belt, and took a good swig.

Alex slowed his speed, finishing the last several metres at an almost leisurely pace as he returned his shotgun to beneath his coat. Despite this however, he kept his revolver trained on Emmett. It wouldn't be too wise to take such an unpredictable outlaw lightly.
"Right then. I think you might want to just hand over that spellbook of yours and tell me where I can find Rex. You can't run away with a chunk of your ankle missing."

In reaction, Emmett spit out the water he had just filled his mouth with, and immediately after he froze it with a single breath. Thick ice crystals formed on Alex's coat and his hands. Emmett stood up, his ankle seemingly fine now.
"I think it's not that difficult for you to figure out where Rex is without me," he said, twirling around the small revolver he just grabbed from its holster. "Let's say, just an example here, nothing concrete, that I free those prison boys. You know where they would go right?"

"That would involve letting you free them." Alex said, with a smug look on his face "That won't be happening." As Alex finished the sentence, a sphere of flame erupted out from his body, melting the ice and making Emmett stagger back several step as the barrier reached its maximum diameter. Alex then lunged forward, slamming the butt of his revolver against the side of Emmett's head with as much strength as his cold muscles could muster.

Blood gushed from the wound on Emmett's head, and he stumbled.
"You idiot!" He put his hand up against his head, and blinked away. He now was sitting on the rooftop of the sheriffs office, using what seemed to be a healing spell.

Alex immediately blinked up after Emmett, using the outlaw's momentary distraction to kick him hard in his back and watch him fall from the roof into the dust and dirt below, his poncho billowing up to reveal the spellbook hanging at his back as he fell.

"Well that's interesting" Alex said to himself, materialising by the downed Emmett with an idea forming in his head.

Emmett seemed to have decided that he could not stand still anymore, and he blinked around randomly. The lack of a pattern in his movement gave him the time to heal himself.

Alex stood and watched as Emmett blinked over and over, the constant disappearances and reapearances of the outlaw dizzying him and making his head go slightly fuzzy. Getting more and more frustrated, Alex made a rather desperate move. Taking his best guess, he made a lunge for where he thought Emmett would appear next, by some stroke of luck actually flying past the spot where Emmett rematerialised next.

Alex shot out his hands, grabbing the spellbook concealed beneath Emmett's poncho and blinking immediately, hitting the ground a second later as he saw Emmett disappear and reappear.
"If you don't want to see this go up in flames, stop!" Alex yelled, climbing to his feet and brandishing the book.

Emmett came to an immediate standstill, turning around to face Alex.
"As I said, if you release those outlaws. Or, you know, let me release them, wink wink nudge nudge, then they will lead you straight to his base"

"I'm not releasing anyone, and I'm asking you." Alex interjected "Unless you want to not be doing all that blinking anymore, I suggest you tell me what I want to know. You've got thirty seconds before this book starts looking like a big candle."

"Give me a second to think, okay," Emmett said, "it's hard to remember. The first time I got dragged there by a magic spell at incredibly high speed, and that was fun, but it's really hard to actually remember the route you get dragged through. And I can't say I've paid a lot of attention when I left. I may have hoped that those thugs in jail would lead me back," He kicked some dust around. "I'm mostly a new recruit to this whole ordeal, and saying I joined willingly is a bit of a stretch. So, what if you just let them go, and recatch them once they're at the base? I mean, can't you recollect the bounty for those guys?"

"Fifteen seconds left. Give it your best shot." Alex said, his tone dead serious and a fireball appearing in his free hand to accentuate the point.

Emmett grabbed his flask, and throw the content of it all over Alex. He blew the cold air, and the water froze again. While the bounty hunter was still confused, he quickly grabbed his spellbook, and gave Alex a good kick in the shin.
"I'm kind of a one trick pony, you know," he said, and he blinked inside the sheriffs office again.

Alex swore rather loudly as he found himself once again encased in ice. Taking a deep breath to calm himself, Alex once again created a barrier of flame around himself, melting the majority of the ice. Unfortunately, his covering was much thicker this time so it took a few moments Alex couldn't spare to finally be free.

Once free Alex immediately ran after Emmett, blinking back into the sheriff's office and switching his revolver for his shotgun as he ran down the hall and into the back room. Alex arrived just in time to see Emmett open the cell of the assembled Flinders Gang men. without waiting, Alex pulled the trigger in an effort to halt the escape. The bullets shot out, hitting four of the six thugs. Emmett had disappeared from sight.

Rex' men tried to rush towards the door, in a line sorted by injury. Lead by the ones who had not been hit by the rain of shotgun bullets, and closely followed by a thug with only a bullet in his hand. The more severely wounded three had no chance of escape anymore. Alex had them cornered, and in their current condition, without their spellbooks and with bullets piercing their flesh, they could not possibly get away.
After the first two not wounded thugs had left the room, the door forcefully closed. The thug with his hand pierced tried to keep it from shutting as a reflex, and stuck his hand between the door, making it crush his hand. From the other side of the door, Emmett could be heard laughing.
"No need to thank me, Alex," he said, giggling as he pushed even harder on the other side of the door. A moment later a gunshot was heard from Alex's side and the pressure against Emmett vanished. Seeing that as his cue, Emmett took his leave.
"Say hi to your parents for me, and tell your mom she looks great!"

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Achilles Nimbus
Status - Bounty Hunter
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Electricity
Money - $200

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Arthur leaned his head on his fist. The sofa he sat in was reasonably comfortable. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe he was jealous of his brother. He had no idea. His older brother was everything his father ever wanted; he was a fighter. That was the only thing he had over Arthur. He looked through the window to see his Son and his Nephew playing. Though the young Theodore and his friend were six years older than Achilles, he couldn't help but feel uncomfortable at the significant size difference between the trio. The younger child seemed to be lagging behind the other two, he was much slower, smaller, weaker and he assumed not quite as bright either.

"Hey Arthur, aren't you coming outside? Come on, we need someone the kids will find really entertaining." Lydia. Arthur's sister in law. If Arthur had had his way, she'd be Achilles' mother. He'd known her long before he knew Sally. In a love triangle, someone always gets left out.
"I'll be out in a moment." His brother had taken his family down south, into the Barren Lands, so it was the first time he'd seen him since before Achilles was born. He looked outside, to see Sally picking up a flustered child. He sighed.

Arthur stepped outside, to be greeted by his excitable older brother.

"Arty!" David patted his younger brother firmly on the back. The grin Arthur wore, was simply to comfort his wife. She seemed much more comfortable than him, though she was comforting his young child. Selfish as it may be, he hoped she felt as out of place as he did at that moment.

The tunnel was dark. The curvature of the wall, added with its crumbling soil, made it difficult to use for navigation. He couldn't compensate for his lack of sight with magic. The thought of the man who'd taken his spell book made him grumble with frustration; a thought which was interrupted by the sound of another explosion above him. He looked up. Of course he couldn't see a thing-it was pitch black. Any panic he felt inside was useless on the surface. He simply didn't react to the blast. The futility of any other action was obvious; walking made sense though.

It wasn't long before he bumped into a wall, which made him open his eyes. It was still too dark to see what he'd walked into. He let out a small sigh.

"One more step…you gone lose ye'r foot." A whispering voice came from the direction he wasn't facing, he'd just have to assume the person was behind him. He could hear a clicking noise that resembled that of a rifle. Assuming that it was a rifle, he raised his hands. "Drop ye'r weapons." The man demanded. The unarmed sorcerer kicked a rock, in an attempt to replicate the sound of something dropping. "That's better." The bandit seemed to accept the gesture. So he can't see either. The discovery made Achilles grin. He needed the hope.

Achilles dropped his arms. The man began to approach him, seemingly not reacting to the fact his arms had been lowered. He kicked another stone, this one much further and louder than the one he'd kicked before. The man panicked, and fired his rifle in the direction the stone bounced in.
Using the light from the firing of the rifle, Achilles located his target and pursued him swiftly. He led his assault with a leg sweep, before grabbing the gun and smashing it into the falling man's face.

He lowered his victim gently onto the floor, and searched him to see if he could find anything useful. Matches? Why the hell was he walking in the dark? Time wasn't on his side. He decided to ignore those minor details and keep moving. His hand knocked against something metal, as he dragged it across the dirt wall. A lantern. Achilles clutched onto the match box, almost dropping it in his excitement. He squinted to get a better look at the candle inside the rusty glass container. He lit a match to get a better look and used the lit match to light the candle.

The lantern brightened up the tunnel. Now that he could see, his perspective of his surroundings was completely different. What was once a hell hole, which lead to another hell hole; was now an armoury filled with options and opportunities. The room seemed to spontaneously get brighter behind him. He turned around to see that a second lantern was lit. Strange, they seem to be connected somehow. He shrugged as he finished collecting what might be useful and followed the path created by the lit torches.

A few minutes of walking in a straight line lead him to a door. He'd essentially walked the length of Bernie's land. For better or for worse, it was the route he had to take.

The door lead him to a cellar, presumably the cellar to the building he'd been spying on not too long ago. The smell of burning lingered in the air. The smell made Achilles cringe. He had to get out of there, immediately. It wasn't long before his eyes latched onto his escape route. Stairs, how conventional.
The place almost seemed like an ordinary house. Achilles strolled through the hall, admiring the decorations in the home. His admiration was short lived. Another explosion brought him back to reality. It almost seemed like a normal.

"I assume I'm supposed to follow that." He groaned. Bursting through the front door, Achilles was greeted by multiple sets of eyes. Charlotte, Isaac, some random goons and of course the big bad boss looking guy. Bernie Brutus.

He wore a large brown Stetson, it was similar to the one Charlotte wore on the day he met her, in that it was obnoxiously large in comparison to his head. The hat kept his eyes out of view, all that could be seen of his face, was his walrus moustache, most of which hung off his face anyway. His notable piece of clothing was his belted poncho. It was strange. Bernie's men turned to face Achilles, their guns following them. The bounty hunter sighed. He began to walk slowly.

"Fire!" Bernie yelled. He apparently didn't care who Achilles was. Isaac acted quickly, creating a metal wall between his comrade and the incoming bullets. An excruciating clanging noise stabbed the ears of the young man who had been encased in the metal dome. "What the ****? He can't protect himself?" Bernie almost sounded disappointed. Charlotte glanced at Isaac.

"Well?" She raised her brow, urging him to respond to Bernie's question.

"You let someone join your gang without knowing how good a fighter they were?" He retorted.

"I assumed." She shrugged. "Now that I think about it, Black does have a broken arm?" She contemplated the day she met Achilles. Isaac couldn't help but chuckle and shake his head at the name Black.

"He's a pretty competent fighter, it's just that Black," He paused for a second to compose himself. "Doesn't have his spell book. Plus there's the broken arm thing." He dispersed the dome, which retracted into the ground, revealing Achilles again. Bernie grinned.

"It's time." With his words, a giant wall of electricity formed around him. "You're about to play the Brutus games. Charlotte instantly began charging at the man.

"YOU BASTARD!" She yelled, as she stormed recklessly towards the lightning Outlaw. Neither Achilles nor Isaac had the time to react to the girl's outburst; nor did they understand it for that matter. As she lunged at Bernie, the lightning shield activated, sending surges of electricity through her body and sending her flying backwards.

"Surely you knew that would happen." Achilles glared at the grounded outlaw as he said it.

"Shut up, Black." She snarled. He refrained from provoking her further. After finding her feet, she again attempted to charge at the man. This time she was blockaded by a metal wall.

"If you make a fool of yourself once, don't do the same thing again." He groaned. Charlotte kicked the wall in rage. She glared at Bernie. All she could do was well up and fall to her knees. Isaac nodded to Achilles, suggesting he tend to the disgruntled young woman.
Bernie's goons pointed their weapons at Isaac. A metal casing slowly encased the northerner. One goon fired a bullet, but it simply deflected off of the bronzed man.

"They call me the Elastic Knight. Wanna know why?" He grinned at the confused outlaws. Their bullets didn't work; what could they do?

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Emmett Holliday
Status - Outlaw - Jailbreaker - Not a fan of his boss
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Water
Bounty - 300$

How to piss off your boss, Pt. 1

"Are you sure we are going the right way?" Emmett asked, hobbling along on the horse he had stolen. A big man, with a brushy mustache answered him: "I've been in and out of that hideout a thousand times, I know where to go, okay." He spat. "Your name was Emmett, right? Why haven't I seen you before?"
"Well, Becky, I can call you Becky, right? It's a long story. I'm sort of a lone wolf, just chasing the money," Emmett said. He stared into the sun, and squeezed his eyes together, "I'm a romantic like that."
"Since when did Rex start hiring mercenaries?" Said the other man that was travelling with them. "I thought he expected at least some kind of loyalty."
"Rex and I have a good working relationship," said Emmett, giggling, "he loves me, and he knows it. He's just afraid to admit it."

The conversation went silent for a couple of minutes, and all that could be heard was the sound of the hoofs hitting the ground. Behind them was a cloud made up of the dust their horses kicked up. Emmett sighed. He was really getting bored now. The travel was so long, and these guys were no fun either. He didn't really enjoy this trip. The travel was incredibly dull, and when he got some action, he didn't really get to play. Getting chased by someone with his some affinity for blinking was never fun, because it never was a real chase, it was more of a just standing around and kicking in different locations that quickly follow each other.

"Why didn't the others make it out?" The man who Emmett had decided to call Becky said. "James only got hit in the hand, he should've been able to make it out, right?"
Emmett tried not to giggle while he ran through his memories that explained Becky's question. "That bounty hunter got ahold of him before he could leave."
Becky sighed: "And where are our spell books? They were at the sheriff's, I assume you got them too?"

Emmett had blinked in a backroom of the office. He really didn't feel like actually helping Rex with his whole gang war, so he had decided to not deliver back the spell books. He would just read through them, and then burn them himself. There really was no reason to deliver these back. He had to get rid of Rex, and if he just weakened him this way, someone else would probably get rid of him.

The books were put in a drawer, and dust had already started collecting on it. He sat in a chair and took a look at the books contents. Rex' men had a variety of spells. Serpents Bite, Dehydrate, Devil Horns, and Rock Spike were just a couple of the spells he saw. This was one of the things Emmett could actually sit down for, because his imagination took over how these spells would work, and how you could mess people up with them. In his head, ideas started forming, and he took mental notes of how he could use these techniques for his own spells.

He grabbed the books, took a peak through the window, and blinked outside. He took the books and threw them on a pile. He lit a match on the bottom of his shoe, and the spell books went up in flames. He never enjoyed flames, so he didn't stay to watch. Books didn't stop burning before they were gone, so he felt like he had dealt with those spell books for now. It was time to break out the thugs.

"The spell books?" Emmett said, "I only found burned flakes, nothing of use anymore. That's what you get when you get caught, your book gets burned." He really had to try to not to giggle.
In the distance, the mine Rex and his men congregated in started appearing. Or rather, the hill that the mine was located in.
"That's it, right?" Emmett asked.

"Yeah, just go straight on, we'll be there within the hour," Becky answered to Emmett, who now was nowhere to be seen. A second later he felt two hands on his face, and his head was forced to make a very painful and quick turn to the right. It was clear that Emmett was trying to snap his neck.
"Ow wow, this is harder than expected," Emmett said, "I'm sorry, I'm a neck snapping virgin." With another tug he managed to make Becky's neck crack, but the man was still alive."I'm totally new to this whole 'murder' thing, really."

The other man they were travelling with had taken off in full gallop, hoping to escape Emmett's sudden turn on them. He pushed Becky of the horse, and the thug landed on his head. With a loud crack, the man's neck now broke for real.

Emmett forced his horse in gallop too, and gave it a good kick with his spiked boots. When he started to get in reach of the other thug, he blinked from his own horse to the other, and he pulled the man off, making both of them topple to the ground. In mid-air, he blinked again, only to appear a feet above the other man, and he pierced his chest with the spikes on his boot. The ribs made a loud cracking noise, but the man was still alive. He kneeled down, trying to keep his balance on the man's chest, and put one hand on his jaw, and the other on his forehead, and forced his mouth open. He took a deep breath, and froze the saliva in the man's mouth.

"I hope for you that this is going to be quick," Emmett said, "I hope for me that you're a screamer." He laughed at his own remark, as he did. He jumped up, and repeated his action from earlier, only now to land on the man's frozen jaw. It shattered and turn flesh out of the man's face. He certainly wasn't alive anymore. What was left, was quite a gory sight, and Emmett felled the weirdest combination of being sick to the stomach, and a very present excitement. He liked the fear he saw in the man's eyes, and he just loved the messing around with people if it meant he didn't have to sit still. He did not like the whole murder thing all that much, and he wasn't a fan of the excess of blood, but his current actions were more of a way to get out of this binding spell by Rex in the long term, instead of the joy of murder. He still held on strongly to his life mantra, 'dead men don't chase ya', but this was what the situation called for. Now here was to hoping Rex wouldn't straight up murder him because he came back with nothing.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Bounty - $5

"You know, I'm all for jokes, but this..." Amelia ground her teeth. "This isn't funny."

A man not far off behind a bar who was cleaning a pitcher, in a deadpan voice, said, "Oh, there she is sheriff, arrest her." He chuckled, which turned into a full-blown laugh, prompting a glare from Ms. Caddaway.

"I said this ain't funny!" She barked. On the wall was a paper. Specifically, it was a bounty for one Amelia Caddaway. The bounty? A whopping $5. As if to put salt on the wound, she was wanted dead or alive. She ripped the paper off of the wall, stuck it in her pocket, and sat down at the bar. "Geez...who would actually go out of their way to put this up?" She rested her hand on her chin, elbow against the bar. "Pompous asshole."

The barkeep looked at her with some small amount of sympathy and slid a canteen filled with water her way. Downtrodden as she was, she took a sip before spitting it onto the floor. "The hell is this!? I wanted booze, not sink water!"

The barkeep sighed. "I don't serve booze to angry customers; it only causes problems and occasionally dead bodies." He took a wet towel from under the bar and started wiping the counter. "The water's to help you cool down. Drink up, we have enough depressed and angry men in here every night. Right now, you're both. It messes up the balance, and I can't have you disturbing my other customers."

Amelia clicked her tongue out of dissatisfaction, looking down at the water for a few moments only to chug the entire canteen not long after. She left a few coins of the table and walked out of the bar. She was steamed about the bounty, but that had only built on an earlier frustration she had. Amelia found herself in Larkin after having been given a job that, to her, built on a conflict of interest and in general just seemed strange to her. She was to thwart a plan by Garci Ballanos, a supposed railroad worker, to bomb the railway. This was odd to her as she the work she was doing seemed a lot more like a bounty hunt than anything that would help her or the boss, and considering this plan threatened the Great Chasm, it wasn't exactly in her personal interest to stop it. No, ideally, Amelia would have taken advantage of the opportunity by stealing the spotlight and setting up and detonating the bomb (or bombs) herself. After all, if she didn't do it, it wouldn't mean anything.

But orders were orders, and she didn't feel any particular need to talk back to her boss on the issue. With this in mind, she decided to take care of the man before he arrived at the tracks. Amelia pulled out a paper from her back pocket that had a description of Garci's appearance and the places he frequented outside of work. The details were pretty thick, to the point that Garci had to wonder exactly how dangerous her target was. This said, it was more than she could have ever asked for, so she decided to head for his home.

That is, she was, until she felt some cold metal pressing against the back of her neck. "Don't move," a particularly gruff sounding voice spoke out quietly. Amelia was unfazed by this, simply sighing. Admittedly, the coldness of the metal was rather unsettling, and it was most likely a gun that was against her, but she didn't really have any reason to be scared. After all, the worst that could have been happening was her getting mugging, and in such a case she couldn't have seen herself getting killed. She cracked her neck on both sides, prompting the man to bark, "Don't move!"

"Then start talking, dammit!" Amelia barked back. "Geez, look, if you have business with me then we can do it later. If not, hurry up! I'm a busy woman." She heard a click from behind her, probably a means to scare her.

"Just put your hands behind your back and come with me," He said with authority. "You don't need to know the details, but if you value your life, then tha- URGH!" The man was interrupted as he experienced a sudden sharp pain in his nether region. Though he managed to keep hold of his gun, his weapon was no longer aimed at his target, and he himself was looking at the ground, bracing himself as a means to recover.

"Whoops, sorry, I was aiming for your shin." Amelia said, lowering her foot and turning around sharply, grabbing for the weapons on her back. "Guess I have to work on my aim." The gunman made to raise his weapon and shoot at Amelia in no specific body part, but Amelia was already on the draw, and with a precise strike, she struck the base of the his index finger with her stick, dislocating it. Promptly, she brought the other stick to his temple, sending him to the ground. "Man...guess this is the best I can expect for a bounty hunter going on a $5 hunt." Though her adversary wasn't completely unconscious, she pried the gun from his hands and and pocketed it. She really wasn't one for guns, but she didn't much trust it in his hands, either. "That said...it's $5...didn't think people'd be this desperate."

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Achilles Nimbus
Status - Bounty Hunter
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Electricity
Money - $200

Light at the End of the Tunnel Part 2

It didn't take minutes for Bernie's goons to be clattered by steel fists, elbows and feet. It wasn't until the fourth goon that Isaac finally had to deal with any kind of 'substantial' resistance. Substantial of course being used quite hyperbolically, since the incoming bullet did little more than bounce off of the blacksmith's metal frame. Isaac ignored the fact that he'd just been shot.

"Damn, I just realised, I forgot to show your friends why I'm called the Elastic Knight. I guess they'll get the knight part but-" His metallic voice cut mid-sentence, as he noticed the outlaw attempt to flee. "Perfect." He grinned. The metal man jumped back and swung his arm forward. As he did so, the metal elongated at speed, in pursuit of the running man. A painful yelp, was drowned out by the cracking sound as the extended limb smashed into the henchmen's awkwardly placed leg. Isaac turned to the sound of clapping behind him. Bernie was applauding the dismantling of his own subordinate? He glared at the chuckling outlaw leader, before glancing with concern at the other one, who looked less amused. "You're right Charlotte. He is a psycho." His glare returned to Bernie.

"You've not gotten to me yet. That was impressive, but you haven't even met Samson yet." The sound of Bernie's voice was coupled with the sound of the crackling electricity from his shield. On mention of his name, a large man emerged from inside the building. "Samson, show these fools the light." Brutus hissed with laughter at his own joke. Again, on command, the large man opened his mouth and unleashed a surge of flames. Isaac darted towards his allies, creating a wall of rock between them and the flames.

"Thanks." Achilles sighed. Isaac responded with a nod. He removed his metal coating.

"Well that's useless now." He groaned, while panting. "We gotta fight a fire sorcerer who seems to think exhaling flames is the best way to go, and we gotta fight an electric shooting pyromaniac. Anything else you wanna tell us miss reconnaissance?" His rant left him feeling quite satisfied, despite the lack of response he got from the female gang leader. Her gaze remained locked on the spot that her oppositional gang leader had been standing. Not even the bulky rock wall could avert her glare.

"Let's not do this right now." Achilles edged away slowly, to see if the wounded girl could support herself. He walked up and placed his hand on the wall. It was hot. "He's still there." Achilles mumbled to himself in a train of thought. He looked back at Isaac. "I'm gonna need you to drop the wall, it's a risk, but the options aren't really ours right now." There were a few moments of silence. It wasn't like he had an abundance of ideas. He grabbed Charlotte, slinging her over his shoulder. Still frozen with rage, the girl put up little resistance.

"I hope you know what you're doin' buddy, gonna be a lot of flames comin' your way." He nodded, before retreating out of the way of any possible incoming fire once the wall went down. The wall began to crumble, on Isaac's command. A large cloud of dust followed the demolition of the stone structure, with the only sign of the fire breather's location being the stream of blazing inferno his mouth emitted. Achilles cocked his rifle. I've got one free shot. He furrowed his brows. He fired.

The bullet flew whizzed past the Samson's head, the outlaw barely managing to move out of the way.

"****!" The man screamed, clutching onto his temple. Achilles squinted. He hadn't hit him, so why was he flailing on the floor? He was far too shocked to fire another bullet.

"What the hell was that?" Isaac whispered to Charlotte, referring to the gesture she'd made after Achilles' bullet began to sway wide. Her limp body provided no response. "Screw it." He dropped Charlotte and ran over to Achilles.

This was it. The showdown had begun: a fire breathing giant with a bullet wound in his head and a dynamite maniac who could also shoot lightning, were facing a magicless man with a gun and an earth sorcerer who could also manipulate metal. Isaac sighed at his sides odds. Samson roared, as he recovered from found his feet.

"Which one of you bastards is first?" Isaac snapped. Much to the Elastic Knight's surprise, both men stepped forward. Samson attempted to bellow a ball of flames, but could only sputter pathetic smoke. The result of which caused him to fall to his knees and grasp onto his open head wound. It was the perfect opening. Isaac swung his arm, protruding a large metal rod in attempt to pierce the large man's skull. Bernie dispersed his shield, sending surges of electricity through Isaac's metal iron spear. At the expense of the top layer of skin on his right arm, Isaac was able to remove himself from the metal casing. He shivered as he stared at his fried arm.

"You're not going to help your friend?" Bernie gazed over at Achilles, dead eyed. The pseudo-bounty hunter clicked pulled the trigger on his rifle, resulting in the firearm excreting a hollow clicking noise; he too remained dead eyed. Despite their partners grovelling in pain, the two lightning sorcerers held eye contact, neither could budge. The stare down was interrupted by the sound of another explosion on the far left, followed by three characters running away from the exploding land.

Cleveland, Travis and Felix. It's about damn time, Achilles thought to himself. The trio acknowledged the confrontation, before turning their attention to a more pressing matter. The well-being of their gang boss.

"Charlotte, we need to go. I'll show you what we got when we get home." Felix shook his leader's arm, barely able to contain his excitement. "We can let Black and the Blacksmith handle this one." Charlotte humoured him with no response.

"They hardly look like they have it covered." Cleveland analysed the situation.

"We're not going anywhere until I see that ****er's head on a stick." The gang leader grumbled, forcing her subordinates to be hushed. He stare was intent, and full of hatred. It was only then that Bernie noticed her again.

"Still alive? You're more persistent than your stupid parents, this shield should have completely paralysed you already." Charlotte tensed up, on mention of her parents. Achilles began walking towards Bernie. The outlaw chuckled. Achilles clenched his fist. He swung his fist for a punch, but it was blocked, and responded to with another electric shield which brought him to his knees. There was an unnerving scream behind him. It distracted Bernie enough to give Achilles the time to trip him, sending the bearded man to the ground. He quickly unsheathed his sword and pressed it against Bernie's neck.

"You bastard." He hissed. Bernie smiled. Achilles looked up, and noticed Isaac about to shove a sword in Samson's head. "Isaac, cuffs." Isaac scoffed before lowering the blade into the limp body. Achilles cringed as the blood poured out of the cranium.

"If you think we can keep this big asshole restrained, you're insane. We don't have time for that." Achilles closed his eyes, before releasing Bernie.

"Achilles what the hell are you doing?" Isaac tried to intervene, but his speed was heavily affected by the crisped limb. Bernie kicked Achilles off of him and generated another shield to keep his pursuers at bay.

"Stupid ****!" He cackled. Isaac glared at his teammate in frustration. Achilles stared at the ground.

"You two stay out of this. I appreciate what you've done up to this point, but I wanna take Bernie on one v one." Charlotte's voice came closer and closer. A few seconds ago she could barely sit up on her own, now she was considering fighting Bernie Brutus in a one on one fight? Neither Achilles or Isaac tried to stop her this time-they couldn't. Achilles looked back at her gang members, they didn't seem to have any intention of aiding her either.

"This is cute." Bernie chuckled. "First I kill your parents, and usurp them as Gilded Brook's top outlaw, and now you come here hoping to get revenge? It's almost like a story book. That's what you think this is don't you?" Charlotte paid the man's words no mind. She continued to approach him casually. She stopped and pulled out her pistol, pointing it at Bernie's head. Again he chuckled, gesturing for her to take the shot.

As the bullet left the gun, Bernie blinked in order to dodge it. When he re-materialised, he was standing next to Cleveland, much to his surprised. He glanced around in confusion. In seconds he somehow had the back of Charlotte's elbow placed firmly in his gut; yet somehow he was back where she was standing. The place he'd originally planned on blinking to, just without the elbow. He backed up, clenching his stomach in pain.

"What the hell did you do, you *****?" Charlotte looked back at him.

"I'm going to kill you." Her tone sombre. "You don't really need to know more." His attempt to punch her also went amiss, as he ended up punching the stone wall, all the way at the edge of Bernie's land. There was another explosion beneath them. "You guys get out of here, this is gonna be between me and Bernie. I don't want you getting in the way." She said plainly.

"If there's a good fight here, who say's I wanna miss it." Isaac joked. In the moment of distraction, Bernie fired a bolt of lightning at Charlotte's back. Again his attempt proved fruitless, as the bolt somehow appeared in front of her. The frequency of the explosions began to grow. Isaac looked back at Charlotte's group, neither of them had moved.

"Who the **** has been in my mine?" Bernie spat. The rest looked around in confusion. "All these constant explosions, underground. One of you little ****s has been in my mine." Achilles bowed his head, before meekly raising his hand. "You lit the lanterns didn't you?" He groaned.

"So there's dynamite connected to your lanterns?" Isaac inquired with a raised brow. He took the glare he received in response as a yes. "That's pretty damn stupid. It's confirmed. You're insane." Bernie scowled.

"It gets worse. You see, the lanterns are connected, if one is lit the others will light too. Eventually it will get to-" He grinned. "The big one."

"Guys go now!" Charlotte screamed. Ignoring the command they'd been given, the trio dived down and headed for their leader. However, as they ran, they seemed to get further and further away. Bernie grinned.

"It'll be majestic!" Bernie exclaimed. Upon doing so, he raised a large shield of electricity around the entirety of his land, enclosing himself, Charlotte, Achilles and Isaac within the premises. The other two men who had been captured had attempted to escape, but their injured bodies didn't get them very far. Achilles sat on the floor, prompting Isaac to do the same. Bernie laughed before joining them and sitting down. Charlotte gave him no time to rest as she sprinted, and started repeatedly striking him in the face. He laughed. Achilles and Isaac watched painfully, Bernie's face began to well up more with each blow.

"Get rid of the ****ing shield." She demanded as she continued to strike the injured man.

"You killed me, you got-" His speech was interrupted by a punch. He coughed up blood before continuing. "You got what you wanted." She let him fall after another punch. She walked over to Isaac and Achilles.

"Achilles by the way. I figured if we're going to die here you should know." The bounty hunter shrugged. Charlotte simply nodded. No point in making a big deal of it now, she knew what he meant. Bernie somehow began to stand up. The trio watched in surprise, waiting for his next move.

He approached the group, slowly limping towards them. Behind them, the shield slowly dissipated, as its conjurer got weaker.

"Guess we're getting out after all." Isaac smiled.

"Good, you two go. I'm gonna deal with Bernie." The female outlaw watched as her predecessor agonisingly approached her.

"I guess you have to be insane to get the job of Gilded Brook's top outlaw." He jibed. The girl chuckled before gesturing for them to leave. She approached Bernie, who at this point was reddened with blood.

"How long do we have left?" She asked, in an attempt to make conversation. He spat blood at the ground in front of her. Stepping back to dodge the red saliva, she decided to jump straight to her point. "What actually happened with my parent?" The man again gave no verbal response.

She sighed, and turned her attention to exiting. As she got near the exit she felt a tugging on her leg. Bernie Brutus, the outlaw that had reign over Gilded Brook for almost all of her lifetime, was now cowering at her feet. The thought made her chuckle. She attempted to kick him off, but he persisted. As the explosions got more frequent, so did the panic of both outlaws. Eventually Charlotte managed to kick him off, but now she had to run for the exit. There was no telling when the explosion would go off, or how big it would be. Bernie again got with reach of Charlotte, but this time he was met by a purple blade to the chest.

"Bla-Achilles, what the…" Charlotte stopped running as she heard the piercing of flesh.

She looked at the building as it began to be overwhelmed by a flourish of intense flames. The building was swallowed by the eruption, and if they didn't act fast, so would they. Charlotte looked back at Achilles.

All of a sudden, everything was black. He struggled to breath. In fact, it was impossible. He held it for as long as he could.

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Emmett Holliday
Status - Outlaw – Revolter – Sick of his job
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Water
Bounty - 300$

How to piss of your boss, pt.2

The entrance to the mineshaft was decorated with a note. It was a small piece of paper, nailed to the first wooden strut of the mine.

Billy, I want you to take the boys and the new guy (I've leashed him, he won't cause trouble)
to Fairbell. Because you idiots got arrested I had to get new loot, which you should pick up at Johnny's. After you get the guns, shoot yourself in the foot and come back as quick as possible.
Rex

Emmett tore the note from the strut, crumbled it up, and threw it away. He'd just pop by Johnny, get that gear, wreck it, and really really hope that that guy from the sheriff's station would come by to distract Rex. Normally he liked a stand-off, but because of the hex Rex cast on him, he was not really able to fight back. For once it was nice to have an anti-climax.

He stepped inside the mineshaft. It was not only the home to his current boss, but also his previous one. Inside the mine, there was a wall of iron bars, and behind it laid Antonio Culebra. He was in a less than ideal condition, being chained up against the wall, with scratches and slashes all over him. Sweat dripped off his body, into a puddle of filth on the ground. Emmett hit one of the bars, and Antonio looked up. His eyes were yellow and veins had broken. The Culebra boss looked weak.
"What do you want," Antonio said.
Emmett could not shake the huge grin he had.
"I just want to chat," he said, his voice laced by childish enjoyment, "a man is allowed to visit his friends, right?"
Antonia didn't need words to show his reaction, he just showed his teeth, and lunged forward to the bars.
"Yeah, I missed you too," Emmett said. He was now sitting behind Antonia, on the ground, with his hands behind his head. "Remember when you used to be strong, Tony? When you just came up to little rascals like me," Emmett put his hand in front of the Culebra, "and you took them in too care for them?" He stroked Antonio's face, who shivered from the touch.
"And your dear old mother." He said, now standing outside the cell again, with his arms through the bars, and his head pressed in the middle, squeezing together his face, and puffing up his cheeks. "Your dead old mother, I should say. What a precious thing she was, right?"
"Shut your filthy mouth," Antonia snarled, "get to it, or leave me alone."
A squeaky sound emerged from Emmett's mouth, as he exhaled through the bars.
"You're no fun today, are you? Anyway, I really, really, really, really need someone that understands hexes, and mostly how to get rid of it. And I thought, who better to ask than my great friend and former boss, who also happens to know a lot of people, Antonio."
"Piss off, kid," Antonio said, "you can go rot."
Emmett wiped away an imaginary tear from his eye.
"Jeesz, what a temper you have," he said, "I just need that info, and then you can ask me a favor." He emphasized the word favor by putting his fingers closely together.
"I know you're not getting me out of here, so you can just fuck off right now."
Emmett sighed: "I'll heal your wounds, okay? I just really need this one tiny thing of you."

Antonio's eyes opened up wide. Emmett could see his internal conflict: help Emmett and get relied of his pain, or let the kid die and end his own life in agony.
"Heal me, and I'll give you the information, Rex will kill you anyway."
Emmett clenched his fist in victory. He blinked next to Antonio, and his hands started to light up.
"Well, start talking, Tony."

Antonio's hand met Emmett's face in a less than friendly way, but his body seems to lose tension.
"Some of the most knowledgeable people I know when we're talking hexes," the stream of information was regularly interrupted by moans and sighs that Antonio made, as his flesh healed, "are Juan Horrez, Anastasia Silver and Soup. Juan lives in Wrench, Anastasia in Larkin, and Soup lives in Fairbell. They deal with types like us a lot, so if you have money, you should be able to get rid of what is holding you back."

Antonio's body was in perfect condition now, and Emmett knew what he needed to know. He'd visit Soup, who sounded like a guy with a sense of humour. He looked at the Culebra.

"Man, once Rex gets here he will notice someone has fiddled around with you. We can't have that!"

Emmett wiped the blood of his shoe, and jumped on the horse that was resting in front of the mineshaft.
"To Fairbell."

Last edited:

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years

Sv4RW7C.jpg

ANIMA

[S-HIGHLIGHT]Music[/S-HIGHLIGHT]
Information
Spoiler:

The two had created a indent in to the sand, what seemed like hours in the realm of eathother's mind was really momentary. Anima had not melded minds before, previous attemps had not necessitated in torture. This was different., He felt vunerable yet empowered, he felt his inner layer of his secrets being exposed. But he felt empowered by the knowledge of her psyche. The two had shared minds. Anima was the first to awake, and he toyed with his options in his mind. He had two options, Kill her or Convince her to follow Gaudium. The first option, he was reluctant to do. She was useful. But convincing was more difficult. All the knowledge in the world couldn't convert her with a snap of the fingers. With that thought a searing pain shot through his system. Gaudium was angry. When he opened his eye, he was met by the deathly stare of Cerebus. His horse agreed with him. It was time to confront Shadow.

Shadow's mind was filled with confusing information, her memory was like a faint memory of time as a child, remembering clearly, but chiding her actions. Why did she resist Anima? Why did she run away? She retraced the last hour in her mind. Bringing her to Anima's mind, the horrors. The river of tears. The pedestal. So many dark and murky secrets chained up inside his being. With an alias, he divided his mind. His mind was seperated, his inner thoughts had two hemispheres, as did his actionary brain. But with the mind mel, his two hemispheres had mixed. The mindscape was extensive and too much to explore for one session. She was rejected by his brain just as she scratched the surface. She was awoken by a pain jabbing at her side, which pulled her out of her musings. She was rolled to the side. Her rib had been hit by the steel cap boots of Anima. She spat out the sand that was fermenting in her mouth.

She sat back on her legs. Turning to Anima. "Why..-?"
"We need to move." Anima walked up to Cerebus and mounted the horse. Shadow followed.
Anima engaged conversation, "Poloma, only child to Chieftain of the Shizheé tribe. You inheritted it aged eight when your parents were shot by Caravan Guards."
Shadow was awestruck. She knew that they had shared minds but had no idea to what extent. "You know my name?"
"Yes, the name is hereditary. Your tribe is dominantly patrilineal but they made an exception as you were the only heir."
Shadow felt exposed, her sense of privacy vanished into dust. Her mind had been shattered and turned inside out. She forgot her persona, she shrivelled in to a tiny child-like self. Does he also know about that?
"Poloma - Disgraced One. It's considered Disgraceful for a woman to head the entire tribe." Anima had enjoyed peeling away her sense of security and degrading her power.
A rush of relief washed over Shadow. While in Anima's mind she felt an odd sensation around her, like the exhilerating fear of stepping to the unknown mixed with lostness. It seemed he wasn't used to this meld. Then Shadow chided herself. She had started to sound akin to Anima
After a short silence, he decided to bring up the impending problem at hand. "I have a job for you."
"Such as?"
"You must have seen the many victims of mine, where as you are fairly select, killing the shop owners as a road to degrade and distintregate the invading society of the occident."
"So you want me to kill liberally?"
"No, I need to clean up a previous... unworthy person." He turns around Cerberus, "He'll have the symbol of Gaudium on his chest." Anima nudges her, Shadow knew the symbol he was talking about. "I have his his spell book, it will work better for our purposes."
"Who is this?" She looked at the spell book, "You have his spellbook? He shouldn't be too hard without his spells."
Anima nodded.
"Find a man by the name of Achilles, and kill him."
"And if you fail, mention this phrase." Anima mentions the phrase. Anima bids her farewell. "May we meet again."

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Emmett Holliday
Status - Outlaw – Farmer – Beast handler
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Water
Bounty - 300$

Business?

Johnny lived at the edge of Fairbell, in a wreck of a house. Windows were missing, the wood was rotting, and the roof had degraded. Johnny himself set out on his porch, squinting his eyes, and cleaning his shotgun. He was a fat man, a buffalo was nothing compared to this man. He was at least 6'5", and he was nothing less than a giant.
Emmett rode up to him, and said: "You're Johnny, right? I'm here to pick up some guns."
Johnny snorted. "Nay, ya aren't," he said, with a voice that sounded like verbal grease, "Now piss off."
Emmett pulled up one eyebrow, and gave a look of confusion.
"Look, piggy, I'm quite sure I had to pick up loot here. Rex told me to get it, and he told me to get it here."
Johnny put the napkin he was cleaning his shotgun with in his pocket, and aimed the gun at Emmett.
"If Rex really send ya, ya would know there were no guns here," he smiled, and put his three teeth up for the world to see, "well, except this one of course."
"Calm down, piggy," Emmett said, "Rex said to get loot, and I just assumed it would be guns."
"And how can I be sure it was really Rex that send ya?"
"I have some details, the location of his hideout, the spell he uses on his men, and the amount of healthy teeth he has left –it's none -, I hope that answers your questions," Emmett said.
"Wrong answer, kid," Johnny said, and he fired his shotgun. The pallets spread out over the pocket of air that was moments ago inhabited by Emmett.
"You won't mess with me kid," Johnny screamed, and his eyes started to glow a burning red. A piglet, constructed of red light formed, and it began snorting around, snuffling up the dust on the ground. It seemed to seek for Emmett's smell.
Suddenly it froze, its whole body stiffened, and it rushed through the wall, breaking it without any respect. It knocked over Emmett, who was hiding behind it, and the piglet landed on his chest. Then, it started expanding, and the adorable, see-through, red piglet became a swine, and the weight on Emmett seemed to double every second.

He blinked away, but it was more exhausting than normal. As a self-proclaimed professional blinker, Emmett knew his way around the spell, and he was able to cast it without much physical strain, but now the opposite seemed true. Either he was effected by another hex, or that swine influenced his spell casting.
Johnny laughed: "Try to get away, kid. That swine got its own pull, ya can't escape it that easily."

When the astral pig noticed it was not occupying anyone's chest, it became a piglet again with a big red poof, and began snorting and grunting again, trying to find Emmett. He shot forward again, but this time Emmett knew what to expect and he blinked away, and appeared next to Johnny. He gave him a kick, and shoved his spike boot into the giants side, but reacting he did not. The piglet launched at Emmett, and hit his head, immediately expanding again. As quickly as he could Emmett blinked again, but he did not get far. He landed on the pig, and he felt drained again. He grabbed his flask and poured it out over Johnny's head. He blew all over it, and the fat man now had an ice helmet. He yelled it out, and his astral swine shattered. His eyes glowed red again, and big red glowing tusks emerged from Johnny's mouth. He squealed and, the ice broke.
"You stupid kid," he yelled, as he charged Emmett and tried to slam his tusk into Emmett's stomach. Emmett dodged however, and planted his boot on the backside of Johnny's head, which got planted into the ground.
"You don't head-butt with tusks, you silly," Emmett giggled.
He walked inside Johnny's shack, to see what he was storing for Rex. After a good fifteen minutes he found a hatch in the floor, and under it lay swords and other melee items, combined with bombs and pickaxes. Thinking about it, there was a certain logic about Rex having guns in his hide-out, but lacking tools like these. Gangsters don't need pickaxes in bulk, they just need a lot of bullets. The problem with these kind of items was that they were a lot harder to sabotage then guns, because of their simplicity. No inner mechanisms to fool around with, just steel to bend, and that was it. He grabbed one of the sticks of dynamite.

"I guess this'll clean it up just fine."

Last edited:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024

Achilles Nimbus
Status - Bounty Hunter
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Electricity
Money - $1,050

One Small Step

"You're doing well Achilles." Arthur smiled at his son. "Two more steps, come on now." He stepped back, offering room for the young boy to walk into. The child stared at the ground, distress loomed over his face. Achilles was now four years old. His parents had tried to ease him into walking consistently without aid, but the task had clearly began to take its toll. His muscles were still much weaker than they should've been, and it showed in his slender frame. The boy collapsed to the floor, prompting his mother to rush to his aid. His father sighed in agony.

"That's enough for today honey, we don't need to overdo it. Go ask Uncle David to help you up the stairs, we're headed out today." She was clearly concerned, an eye slightly teary, but she managed to hide her discomfort long enough for the boy to leave. Sally stood up, to face her husband. No words needed to be spoken, they both knew how each other felt about the issue.

"Where are we going?" Arthur asked, avoiding the subject. His wife shook her head and began to walk inside. She'd hoped her husband would tackle the subject. He just wasn't that type of man. She stopped at the door to answer his question.

"The Foreman's." She said plainly. If it weren't Arthur who asked the question, the subject of the response would've been lost on him. "They've had twins." She walked inside. It took a few moments for Arthur to realise what his wife had just said. He perked up, chasing after her to gain more information.

A bright light dawned on Achilles; he was greeted by the harsh heat of the south, and the unsteady stumbling of whatever was moving beneath him. As his vision focused, he saw a large brown bulk of body in front of him. He hoped that it was a horse, given the smell. He squinted his eyes in frustration. Only then did he notice the sound of trotting. It seemed to energise him; he pushed himself up from his prone position, alerting the horse's rider. The sun silhouetted the figure, but Achilles felt secure in the fact that the figure was clearly Isaac's.

"I'd go back to sleep if I were you." Isaac stated solemnly. There was a sense of death in the atmosphere, which was helped by the horse's extremely slow walking speed. The mood clearly wasn't high. Achilles dispersed the short burst of energy he'd been given by the trotting sound in a short sigh. He slumped back across the horses, to which the animal responded by letting out a sigh of its own.

Achilles looked to his left, and noticed two bodies, also laid across the horses back. One of which was the girl that saved his life, the other being the one that put them in the danger in the first place. He scanned the bodies: Bernie's body seemed singed to the point that it was unrecognisable, if not for that stupid moustache, which ironically seemed to survive the flames quite well; Charlotte on the other hand seemed completely unharmed. He looked back at Isaac.

"Where exactly are we going?" There was no effort in his words, he barely mumbled them. The deserts' silence left Achilles' words uninterrupted; only challenged by the persistent trotting of hooves.

"We're going to the bounty lady in Spider Hollow." Isaac's face remained forward as he spoke. He stared off into the distance. Achilles watched him for a few seconds, he seemed grieved. Almost remorseful. After a moment of thought, Achilles glanced back at Charlotte's body in shock. Was about to? Achilles began to fret. No, surely not. He tried to shake his mind of the thought. Isaac was no traitor, surely he hadn't killed Charlotte. It did make sense though; she was an outlaw, he was heading to Janet's to collect a bounty, why wouldn't he want to cash in on a girl he barely knew. Everything worked in his favour.

Achilles shook his head again, he wasn't prepared to make accusations. He scanned Charlotte's body again, she didn't seem like a corpse. She was relatively unharmed. He leaned back, and noticed her arm placed awkwardly. He pushed himself up to get a better view. There was no arm there. It was nothing but a burned stump. Achilles wasn't sure how to react to what he was seeing. His face was full of shock. He couldn't even look at the body anymore, he just looked away; grief-stricken.

It felt like an eternity until they finally reached Spider Hollow. Achilles hadn't even glanced back since seeing Charlotte's dismembered limb. He cringed at the thought. Isaac dismounted the horse, nudging Achilles against the two other bodies.

"Achilles, I'm gonna need you awake from this point on." He looked back over his shoulder at his injured comrade.

"I never slept." Achilles mumbled. Isaac didn't pay much notice to him as he dragged the singed corpse of Bernie off of the horse. Achilles slid of the steed as well. The foal's relief was clear, it had carried a lot of weight a long way, and would've been glad to get rid of some of it. With Achilles reluctantly carrying Charlotte, and Isaac carrying Bernie, the two approached Janet's agency. Achilles couldn't help but give in to his curiosity. "How did you know about the bounty hunter woman's place?" He resisted the urge to prod Isaac, who hadn't looked back at him.

"You talk in your sleep." Isaac said plainly. Achilles stopped and blinked. He wasn't really sure how to respond to that one. He shrugged, and continued plodding on.

Eventually, they arrived at Janet's, and Achilles stepped forward to bang his knuckles on the door. They stood for a few minutes, before the door swung open. Achilles wondered why he didn't hear the clustered clanging of locks. It wasn't that important. He waited for her to say something, expecting her to recognise him. The old woman scanned the two figures, before screwing her face in an unimpressed manor. Isaac, swung Bernie from over his shoulder and placed him on the floor in front of Janet. The woman scowled.

"I may collect bounties young man, but that doesn't mean I enjoy having burned corpses on my floor." She hissed. Isaac nodded, and picked the man back up. "I take it this has something to do with that large explosion outside of Gilded Brook last night." She continued. Achilles' eyes widened. From inside the bubble, he hadn't gotten any perspective on how large the explosion was. It could be seen from Spiders Hollow. How did those two manage to survive? Janet greeted the duo into her house, to award them their bounty. As they walked inside, she noticed Charlotte on Achilles' shoulder. "You want payment for the girl too?" She enquired.

"No. She's umm, we're taking her to fix her…arm problem. She's an ally" Achilles quickly interjected. Janet chuckled.

"I know who she is, it's pointless trying to hide that from me." She grinned menacingly. She seemed to be getting her kicks from messing with Achilles. He glanced at Isaac apprehensively. His glance at Isaac was followed by a scowl at Janet, as she walked off with Bernie's body. She returned with the bounty. After accepting the money, they walked off attempting to leave. Achilles' head was hit by a scrunched ball of paper. On the back, the words 'do your job' were written; on the front a bounty. He looked back at Janet. She nodded, urging him out the door.

"What a great relationship you have with your boss." Isaac chuckled as they stepped out of the door. Achilles rolled his eyes in response. "On a side note, why the hell would you not collect the bounty for Charlotte?" He groaned. Achilles responded with a scowl. "She's dying, it's not like you can bring her back." He jabbed sarcastically.

"That's what you think." Achilles stated as he began to walk off. Isaac perked up at the sound of Achilles' confidence. "We're going to Fairbell, we'll find what we need there." Achilles grinned, as he mounted the horse. Isaac met Achilles' grin with a grin of his own.

"I'll go find myself another horse then." Isaac walked off into the town, leaving Achilles with what was beginning to feel more and more like a corpse.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Bounty - $5

"Let's see here..." Amelia sat atop the bar, her hand shielding her eyes from the sun and narrowing her sight. After her encounter with the bounty hunter, Amelia made for her target's home, only to find that he wasn't there. The only conclusion she could come to was that the plan was already underway. The problem, however, was that Amelia was unsure of exactly how the bombing was to be performed. She'd originally assumed that the bombs would be placed alongside the tracks, but nobody seemed to be entering the work area. It was concerning, as even if the bombs had already been placed, someone had to arm them, and they would have had to have been close to the bombs to do so. If they weren't there, then that either meant that she was too early...or too late.

Because of this, checking the tracks for bombs would have been dangerous, and though calling in a sheriff to check could have caused some wonderful mischief had the bombs gone off in a rather untimely manner, she had to keep the affair low-profile. "Well this is a pickle," Amelia said, lowering her hand in a huff. She scooted herself forward and flung herself onto the porch of the bar, just left of where she'd taken down her aggressor. Despite being a dangerous endeavor, Amelia was damn sure she wouldn't screw up on her first job as a wanted outlaw, even if what she was doing was more or less vigilante work.

She walked onto the tracks and into a tunnel where she'd expected the bombs were planted. It was sensible, as the train only exited through that tunnel and, should it somehow have come off its rails, the shape of the tunnel would have allowed one to predict exactly where the train would be headed- which was the town that the tunnel was in, straight into the buildings. She casually looked down at the side of the tracks to see if there was anything suspicious, but lo and behold, the tracks were fine. However, after Amelia found herself a short distance into the tunnel, she heard a voice discretely call out to her. "Hey, over here!" It was a young man waving to her on an elevated area off to the side of the tracks.

Amelia climbed up to the young man and he, rather nervously, started speaking. "You're early. The boss said that the goods won't be arriving until sundown." Though his speech was unbroken, he failed to keep eye contact with her and constantly looked in different directions. Amelia thought this strange, as it indicated that either the operation was in a rather sensitive state or that this one was a greenhorn. Realizing the latter was a very real possibility, Amelia decided to take advantage of the situation. She put her hand on her hip and said, "Are you new? You must be new."

"Wh-" The young man was taken aback by this. "What's it to you?"

Quickly, Amelia moved in and grabbed him by the collar, pulling her gun out and planting it directly on his temple. With this, the man's anxiety heightened and transformed into fear, with his breaths so quick and close together it seemed as if he was hyperventilating. She spat on the ground and sneered. "You think this is a joke!?" She practically yelled, "What if I wasn't the guy the boss sent? What if I was just some hitchhiker or a sheriff? Huh?" She shook him. "HUH!?"

"I-I-I-I dunno, we'd be screwed!?" The man responded, his mind scattered and only focusing on not dying.

Amelia threw him to the ground. "That's right. The whole operation'd be 'screwed'." She sat down on the platform and looked over the tracks. "I won't say anything to the boss, but if you speak even once before the goods get here I'll shove one of these sticks on my back where the sun doesn't shine." The man merely nodded vigorously and the two did exactly as she said and waited in silence until the bombs made their way to them.

Last edited:
Years
Alex Rose
5qPyMqd.png

The Hunt for Answers

Alex looked down at the man, one of his hands was already badly hurt and the other was tied very tightly to the bars of an empty cell whilst his, prisoners in other cells looked on in horror at what the outlaw was experiencing.

Alex was bent over the man, holding his beaten and bruised face upwards so he was forced to look him in the eye, a vicious smirk spread across his face.
"Unless you want to know why you're tied up in this specific manner, I suggest you give up and tell me where Rex is hiding. Then we can get those nasty wounds of yours all healed up."
"Go fuck yourself hunter" the man wheezed out through gritted teeth, of which several were now missing. Alex gave a theatrical sigh
"Have it your way then. Did you know that metal is a really great conductor of heat?" Alex lifted a hand towards the metal bar the outlaw's hand was tied to and conjured a fireball in front of his palm, he then pressed the ball of flame over the bar and watched as it started to heat up.

The outlaw looked at the feral smirk on Alex's visage and then back to the flame on the bar, already he could feel the metal becoming hot.
"What the hell are you doing?! This is fucking crazy!"
"I'm motivating you" Alex jibed, he could feel the thrill of his hunt for Rex intensifying as he got closer and closer to finding his location. "If you don't want to watch your hand get destroyed, I think you better tell me where he is."
"Not going to happen."
"Suit yourself" Alex shrugged, increasing the size and intensity of the fireball slightly.

It was obvious that the metal was now getting to be almost unbearably hot; tears were in the tortured outlaw's eyes as the iron bar became progressively hotter, the metal turning from its usual silvery colour to a furious, burning red. The outlaw begun to scream in pain and thrash, but with his other hand in the state it was in he only hurt himself more trying to undo the rope that bound him.
"Tell me" Alex said, leaning in again and raising his voice to talk over the sound of the man's cries of pain "Which do you think needs more medical attention, the bloody hand or the burned one?"
"Just kill me already!" the outlaw screamed, but Alex had no intention of doing the hangman's job
"If I did that, you couldn't tell me where to find your boss." Alex once again increased the intensity of the fireball, his victim now screaming out louder and louder.

The outcries of the outlaw as he watched his flesh burn and the smell of his searing skin begun to overpower his senses were nearly deafening, Alex almost admired his resolve, instead he wondered what Rex had done to make his disciples as loyal… or as fearful… as they were of him.
"Just let me die I won't tell you!"
"So you've said, but we're going to just have to agree to disagree there. By the way, once your nerves are totally destroyed and you can't feel this anymore, I'm going to move on to your face."​

Years
???

The Decision

Two figures road up to a small campsite as the last vestiges of sunlight faded away for the day, a fire in the middle of a circle of picketed horses and men and women stretching their feat or eating some sort of stew from wooden bowels.

Leaning against a large rock and smoking a cigar was a woman with dark skin and an aura of authority. She was dressed in brown pants and a corset of dark leather, her trademark brown hat on her head and a leather choker around her neck. This was no belle, it was obvious that whoever this person was they were formidable and not to be trifled with.

The pair of new arrivals dismounted the horses they had stolen in Fairbell and rounded the fire to where the woman sat at the rear centre of the group.
"bout time you layabouts got back" the woman said, acknowledging the two "so, what's old Zekey up to?"

The female of the pair spoke up in response to her boss
"He's got some weird kid, apparently she's got some kind of healing magic. IT's freaky though, she doesn't seem to have a spellbook at all."
"Without a spellbook? Well that is very interesting…" the woman said, her expression sly. Her male subordinate then also adding to the report
"He's using the kid to bolster the churches following. It seems really suss to me."

Tess leaned back and closed her eyes for a moment, taking a long drag of her cigar.
"Right then, we're going to be going to Fairbell tomorrow to pay Zekey a visit." she said at last "I think it is high time that he learned his lesson."

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023

Between Hell and a Holy Place

"It is God, God, our Lord and savior, that we need to build upon. It his holiness that grants us strength, his holiness that grants us the power to live, his holiness that grants us the faith to keep us dreaming. He has created all, all except ill intent. It were his hands, our Lords hands, that molded the earth we live on, his breath that brought life to our bodies. His hands did not only mold the earth, they also molded the Heavens. The heavens we all can enter, through repent, through confession, and through faith. Faith that this wicked earth, infested by the ill intent of the fallen angel, this wicked earth, that it has purpose, that we serve him here. God is in all of us, not only is he our father, he who be in heaven, he is also our savior, he who died for our sins. Through his power, through his might..."

The doors of the old church suddenly burst open, and bright sunlight flowed into the dim building. Through those doors walked "Sister" Tess, a grin on her face that was obviously not an expression of clean happiness.
"Still spouting that same crap Zekey? You haven't changed at all. Although, you do seem to have a different child to oppress and manipulate these days. Did you stop loving me after I started taking all the churches money?"

At first nobody realised what was going on or just who it was that barged into the sermon. However, as Tess spoke a slow realisation begun to fall over the crowd of people. Then there was paralysing fear. None of them dared to speak, they were too scared to even flee. Tess relished in that influence she now held over people.
"These seem like some real loyal sheep you have here Zekey, but look how quickly I can make this little flock of yours flee from this run down piece of shit church. We'll see which of us is better at making people fear, shall we?"

Tess felt the magic, powerful magic, rise up within her - she was going to enjoy this. At first, nothing seemed to happen - Ezekiel even went to open his mouth to say something - that was when the first stone flew through the roof of the church and brained an innocent church-goer. Then people began to scream and flee, even as more of the rocks begun to fly through the roof. People sprinted passed Tess, careful not to so much as brush th dangerous woman, several of them falling prey to the show of what seemed to be meteorites. In a matter of moments, the Church was left riddled with holes and empty bar Tess, Ezekiel and several corpses.

Ezekiel did not waste a word on the interaction. He shot from behind the altar, and his hand lit up bright white. A enormous humanoid creature emerged behind Tess. It was dressed in a white gown, and had enormous white wings. It seemed to be made of pure light. It grabbed Tess, and locked it between it's arms.
"This church has need nor want for you, Tess," Ezekiel said, and he slowly approached the ex-sister. His footsteps echoed throughout the massive church. His hand started to glow red, but before he came near Tess, the angel holding her shattered.

"Zekey, you're still using the same tricks that you were pulling when I was just a kid. Surely you can do better than this?" Tess mocked as she raised a hand towards Ezekiel, a feral snarl on her face. "At least be a bit more inventive." What seemed to be a torrent of black storm clouds burst forth from the space in front of Tess' palm, crackling with electricity and cascading with rain.

A blinding flash of light appeared from Ezekiel's chest, and engulfed the room into the purest white. Disappearing as quickly as it appeared, it left the priest in a completely different location. He stood in the back of the church, with one hand, glowing, raised up to the heavens.
"My spells might not change, Tess, but my tricks do," he said, and he clamped his hand into a fist. A new angel of light appeared, wielding a spear. It lowered the spear towards Tess, and immediately shot towards her.

Tess lunged out the way of the attack, pulling a revolver from her belt as she did so and taking aim at the priest. she rolled into a crouch and fired three of the weapon's six shots at the man's chest.

Ezekiel moved aside as quickly as he could, but one of the bullets still hit him in the lower arm. Blood gushed out. He quickly covered the wound with his other hand, but the bullet was stuck there, so the attempt at a healing spell wasn't successful. He raised his hand, and it lit up again, making four smaller angels appear. They held whips of fire, that they snapped towards Tess. Ezekiel quickly entered the backroom of the church.

Tess leapt over the pew she was crouched by, however one of the whips did manage to catch her on her left shoulder singing her corset and burning her skin. She grunted and seethed with rage and pain, not allowing herself to scream and give Ezekiel that satisfaction.

Watching Zeke flee to the back room with a furious gaze, Tess retaliated with a furious attack. Tess lifted her arms in an almost calling gesture, intense air currents suddenly flowing throughout the church to surround her. The current quickly intensified to gale forces, ripped items from shelves and pews from the ground, the alter flew from its resting place to spiral around her. The spell continued as parts of the wall in front of her begun to be pulled apart towards her, until eventually the entire back wall of the main room split apart and flew to spiral around her in fragments.

The wall being torn away revealed a struggling Ezekiel, the man clinging to a stair rail as he tried not to be sucked towards the angry Big Bad. Tess ended the spell, everything that had been airborne suddenly falling to the ground, causing the priest to fall down hard onto the steps of the staircase.
"Really Zekey, aren't you going to stick around and play with me? You're just no fun at all these days." Tess lifted a palm towards Ezekiel once more and launched an enormous burst of compressed air towards him.

A huge angel arose again, grabbing Ezekiel and holding the priest tightly against it's chest. The hands protected him from the wind burst, as he tried to hold his spell together.
"These assaults do you no good, Tess. Just leave this place before real harm comes to you. I'm the Lord's hand, I'm sworn to protect his house. I won't let you defile this place."
The angel disappeared, as it transformed into shimmering pieces of dust, and Ezekiel was dropped to the ground.
"They have not raised me to forsake this place, Tess. In this chasm, I am the only faith people have."

Tess laughed even as a smell of smoke began to seep through the church.
"Did they raise you to stop me burning your beloved church down? Because by the smell of things you're not doing such a great job. You know what, let's speed up the process."

Smiling evilly, Tess cast a simple but powerful spell - several small twisters springing into life around the church, strengthening flames and carrying them further around the building. In only a moment flaming vortexes were flowing throughout the building and once they ceased the structure was well and truly ablaze, smoke heavy in the air.

"Hey, Zeke, are you home? It's been a while."

feat. gimmepie as tess​

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Emmett Holliday
Status - Outlaw – Party Crasher - Priest
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Water
Bounty - 300$

Between Hell and a Holy Place, Pt. 2

Emmett stepped into the church, his face lit up red from the growing inferno. His mouth formed the smuggest smile, as he jumped in, and disappeared.

"Who the fuck are you?" Tess quipped, raising an eyebrow at the newcomer "I hope you're not planning on interrupting me and your pal here because this isn't something a little shit like you should be stepping into."

Footsteps vaguely echoed through the church, underneath the sound of the fire twisting and curling, and a voice could be heard: "Don't you worry, I'll keep myself busy with something else. We all want to play with Zekey, don't we?"

Ezekiel took a chance now that Tess was distracted, and summoned his speared angel again. The being made of light shot forwards, right at Tess, while behind her, four whip wielding smaller angels rose up from the ground.

Tess conjured several pillars of earth, the spines erupting from the ground in a circle around her and dissipated the whip-wielding effigies with ease. However Tess was an aggressive spellcaster and did not have much in the way of an adequate defence outside of her makeshift barrier. The spear easily soared through the gaps between pillars and impaled itself in Tess' left arm.

Tess felt to her knees and cried out with pain, going to pull out the spear only to find that it had already vanished. It seemed that there was no real damaged done to her arm... and yet agonising pain ran through the entire limb and she was unable to move it even the slightest. It hung limp by her side as dead weight.

Ezekiel walked up to Tess, his hand started glowing bright red. "I am willing to lend you grace, Tess, but I'll make you give up on sin for the remainder of your days." He raised his hand towards Tess, ready to brand his mark on her forehead.

"Brothers, sisters, I welcome you to my church today," Emmett's voice came from behind the altar. He lowered it, trying to imitate Ezekiel's deep voice, but the result was awkward.

Tess stood up, paying no attention to Emmett. Instead, she cracked a mirthless and bloodthirsty smile at Ezekiel with murder in her eyes.
"I don't need the grace of God, of this shitty church and certainly not of you Zekey. I'm going to enjoy watching your corpse turn to ash alongside this miserable building." The air around Tess suddenly began to feel significantly thicker and heavier than it had before, prompting Ezekiel to freeze in his tracks.

"In this period of hard times, we mainly need to build on me, Emmett, for our fun and games. Isn't it God who shaped the world dull, isn't it God, who shaped the world boring?"

Tess begun to laugh, the air growing ever thicker and heavier around her and smoke from the flames burning furiously around them seemed to hang in the air in a dome around her. The flickering light of the burning wood giving Tess' appearance a demonic edge.
"Any last words Zekey" the Big Bad practically screeched through her psychotic laughter

"Can you please be silent, we're in a holy place here!" Emmett yelled, from the back of the church.

"You heard the man!" Tess continued her laughter "I guess no more bullshit from you Zeke!" Tess then unleashed the spell she had been building up. With a sudden rush, the air that had compressed around her burst outwards in all directions. The force of the spell was far too much for the burning church to take. It ripped through the side of the church, exploding outwards with a loud bang and sending pieces of the church building flying across Fairbell. Pieces of the burning building begun to fall around Tess, Emmett and Ezekiel the buildings spire shattering and raining down on the lower level, the church bell hitting the ground with a deafening clang. Both Emmett and Ezekiel were launched flying back by the powerful spell, debris cutting and bombarding them before they collided hard with the back wall of the rapidly decaying building.
"How's your precious church going now Zekey?! Where's your faith?!"

Ezekiel moaned, as he struggled to get up. He had not suffered any broken bones, but his body was heavily punished by the spell. Emmett was nowhere to be seen, nor was there any sign of an impact with the wall.
"Not according to plan, not according to plan," the outlaw's voice came from outside, as the front of the church slowly broke down. The roof was now missing, the walls engulfed in flames. Nothing wooden was left unbroken and unburned. Emmett blinked back into the church, backlit by the sun shining through the doorway.

"Isn't it in these times of need, these times of despair, we really should start thinking about renovating this place? Isn't it God, that really should hire some people to fix his house, isn't it God, that is not really taking care of his visitors right now?"

Ezekiel snapped. He took a deep breath, and both hands started to glow.
"Tess, I'm going to end this. This church will be rebuilt, with your ashes swept out."
He raised his hands, and an angel rose up, from behind Tess. It was surrounded by four smaller angels, lashing with their burning whips, and next to Ezekiel, the angel with the spear, Michael, rose up.
"I'll lend your soul grace, Tess, but your body suffering."

Tess immediately released another pulse of air, much like the one that had all but destroyed the church - although far weaker - blasting most of the angels away. Once more however, the spear-wielding angel by Ezekiel was able to throw it's projectile. Unlike this time though, the spear never made it to its target.

Tess raised her right palm to the spear, still unable to use her left, a distortion in the air launching towards the spear and causing it to vanish suddenly upon contact.
"The only thing you'll give me Zeke, is the pleasure of watching you die." Several pillars of lightning appeared in different parts of the room and rushed at Ezekiel, gorging charred paths in the ground as they hurtled towards the priest.

"It are fallen angels..."

A flash of light appeared from the priest, blinding everyone in the room.

"...that make this world fun..."

Unable to see, Tess lashed out blindly summoning forth a rain of heavy stoned above the burning church just as she had before. The projectiles fell through the already damaged roof, causing shrapnel and flame to add to the stone maelstrom as it caused immense damage to everything it struck.

"It are the fall-" Emmett's voice faded together with the light that had engulfed the church moments before. The landscape had changed even more, and there was nothing left of the holiness that was supposed to stand here. The walls of the church were made of flames, the floor was crushed, broken and smouldering. The altar was shattered. All that was left, were Ezekiel and Tess. Ezekiel was surrounded by his angels made of light, except one, that stood behind Tess. It was the archangel Michael, but he lacked his spear, which was just starting to disintegrate from Tess' back.

The priest fell to his knees, and the angels shattered, as he exceeded his limit. He stared straight into the unholiness that were Tess' eyes.

Tess felt immeasurable pain, she had not expected the attack to come from behind and due to her lack of forethought pure agony was running through her entire body, it felt as though her body was rebelling against her and disintegrating from the inside out. She was not going to let this be a win for the priest though, never would she allow Ezekiel to prevail over her.

Using her right arm, the only part of her that was still working properly, Tess painstakingly dragged her crippled body towards the downed priest - no longer strong enough to work magic from a distance. Gasping from her pain and exertion, she forced herself closer and closer to Ezekiel until she was laying in front of him. Wincing, she raised her hand to be by priest's head.
"Just fucking die" she chocked out as she begun to cast her spell, all oxygen suddenly flowing around Ezekiel's face instead of passing through the space as it would normally - creating an air lock of sorts where no oxygen was there to be breathed.

Tess watched with a strange glee as Ezekiel's eyes widened with shock as he realised he couldn't breath.Yet, he did not fear death due to his faith... yet. Tess knew that as she continued she would get to see him panic and question that faith he held onto so strongly and shoved so hard into other peoples' throats. Longer and longer she waited, until Ezekiel begun to slowly turn bus due to lack of oxygen. At last she was approaching the time when she would see him die without hope or faith.

"Kikaboo!"

Tess' neck snapped with a quick twist, as Emmett's hands turned it around. He grabbed her body, and put it over his shoulder, and ran to the door. He threw her body outside, and blinked away. He dropped from above, now, with another body on his shoulder. It was a petite girl with white hair. Agnes. Ezekiel forced himself to drag his body forward, and a fire barrier was created around him. He puked from exhaustion, and felt he was close to passing out.

"See what is left of your beloved church?" Emmett spoke to the onlookers, that had watched the church burn to ashes. His voice sounded off, as if he put extra force in it, trying to sound more menacing.
"I'll burn your faith. I'm the new scourge of Fairbell, the demon knocking on your doors." He laughed, but not his usual childish giggle, this laugh sounded more vile.
"Do you see her lying there? Sister Tess, exerted from her faith, and one of the strongest people in the chasm." He spat on the body. "This is what I did with her."
He pointed to Agnes, who was tied up and gagged on the floor, silently weeping. "And your saint, that's worth nothing now. Faith doesn't win over us. Hellspawn will creep up and haunt this place forever." He stopped a moment, and turned around, to stare into Ezekiel's eyes.

"I'm what happens when hell freezes over." Two spires started to grow from Emmett's forehead, creating two frozen horns, and his eyes started to glow blue.

"Now fear me."

feat. gimmepie as tess​

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Surand:

The wind blew in the early morning. The stars started to fade as the moon was starting to leave. The sun would be up soon. Dalex wished he could be with his lovely girlfriend and her wonderful half sister, but a job had to be done. The air was a bit crisp with it being night, so he had to wear he coat a bit tighter and use a bandanna to cover his mouth and nose, good thing was, he could warm his body from time to time with his fire spells. Wolves and other animals could be heard in the distance, getting an early morning hunt in. Dalex was doing the same, leaning up again a rock with one leg stretched and the other leg bent from his foot touching the ground. He could hear roosters as well and some yelling from farmers who had already been up milking their cattle and shearing their sheep and whatever else they may have. Every now and then he could hear his chestnut horse about 40 feet away, tied up to a tree.

Finally he heard some movement. He watched the darkness, reading the shadows about anything that might be moving. He was amazing at reading shadows after hunting for so many years with his father and still after his father's death. Finally he saw the the silhouette of culprit that had caused the rustling noise. It was a large doe. Very nice for her size. She would make a wonderful profit. Slowly he reached for his rifle, careful not to spook the doe. He aimed it with his left eye. He was right hand dominate, but when it came to shooting, he was left eye dominate, so he had to learn how to shoot with his left. He pulled the hammer back he steadied himself to ready the kill. He was an amazing shot. Some people even called him gifted, and he used that in his favor, showing off every chance he got. Especially when his two women were around.

He waited for what seemed like an eternity and till he was comfortable to shoot, but the sun climbed into the sky a little higher and he saw something he didn't see in the dark. Next to the doe was a suckling fawn.

"Damn. Why did the doe have to have a fawn?" Dalex muttered to himself with his country accent. He pointed the rifle away from the doe and fawn. He put his thumb on the hammer and used his trigger finger on the trigger and squeezed the trigger, slowly he brought up the hammer with his thumb so that the rifle didn't fire.

He looked at the mother and fawn, thinking about his own relationship with his girlfriend and her sister. It was then a lone wolf approached the doe and fawn. Dalex quickly brought the hammer back, aimed and shot as the wolf was getting ready to attack. The rifle shot rang out in the country, not too far away from Spider's Hollow. The wolf dropped dead on the ground and the fawn and doe took off. Shadow stood up looking around the now lit country side he was in. He put the bandanna down below his chin and slid his finger underneath his nose. He pulled out his father's .45 Caliber in case the wolf had survived. He walked toward the wolf making sure it didn't pop up and attack, but it never did. He got to the wolf. It was a beaut. Such a lone wolf with no pack. He put his father's .45 back in its holster and squatted down, closer to the wolf.

"Yeah you are a beautiful wolf. I think I can get some money off you." Dalex put a hand on the wold and started petting and patting it for a few seconds.

"Your spirit returns to the earth. Pay you provide for the well being of others." Dalex said as he stood. He cocked the rifle with the lever, ejecting the empty shell. He put his finger on the trigger again, while holding the hammer, slowly bringing up the hammer.

Dalex put his rifle on his back with the strap he had and picked up the wolf by the tail. He adjusted the saddle on the horse, and untied the horse and hopped on with ease.

"Alright! Time to return to the girlfriend!" Dalex smiled, adjusting his father's hate that had the eagle feather in it.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years

Anima
Achilles.

It takes light to make a Shadow - Part 1

A collaborative post between SYDAXARO220 and Aquataris

Achilles faced forward, he refused to look back at the corpse-like figure on the back of his horse. He took a deep breath. The horse began to speed up as it felt Achilles' heel slam into it's side. The galloping noise was coupled with that of groaning. Achilles gulped refusing to turn around. The lazy groaning turned to groans of pain and anguish. He had to turn; as he did so, he noticed a now concious Charlotte staring at her disembodied limb. He turned forward again, unaware of anything outside of the horizon, he rode.

The whites of her eyes were silhouetted as if her iris was the moon eclipsing the Sun, giving a state of morning and night in a harmonous moment. Her dark green eyes blended with the shrubberies. The thick murky shade behind her cast over by a row of trees. Her eyes followed the group's movement with deep intent. She was enlisted by Anima to finish his job. Why was she even doing this? Why did she want to fufill this contract? Why did she trust a serial killer she just met? She knew it subconciously. She had saw the pain and agony of his past. The deep desires and lust for death. She knew his motives, she knew the recent memories, she knew that Gaudium existed. Unintentionally, as she delved in to her mind, she playfully rubbed the side of her dagger. A grin grew across her face.

The wind began to pick up, and with it sand began to gather in the air. Achilles took off his coat and tied the sleeves around his head. It wasn't the most potent protection, but it did a job. The fusion of blazing sun and hostile sand made riding difficult. Both the horses and their riders were struggling to make progress.

"Maybe we sh-" Isaac began. He covered his mouth and coughed before continuing. The persistent granules of flying sand were becoming more and more troublesome. He kept his hand over his mouth and continued. "Maybe we should head back to Gilded Brook. It's the closest town and I don't see us getting to Fairbell in this shit."

Achilles grimaced. He too was feeling doubtful and wanted to find shelter. He reluctantly looked back at the body. After a quick examination of her state, he looked back at Isaac and shook his head. Again he pushed onward, despite the horse obviously struggling in the harsh weather.

"Son of a bitch." Isaac groaned.He only really had two options; stop Achilles, or follow him, his resolve was clearly weaker than that of his companion at the time. He sighed and rode onward, weathering the storm.

As the sands blew over, their thick splodges landed on the deserted lands nearby. The Trees rustled with the growing typhoon. Her cover would be blown if she didn't move - Literally. - But the current cover gave her an easy shot at the group, the most advantagous position was where she was from a cursory evaluation.The wind current was too unpredictable for a normal shot... But she was no normal shot. She relied on this so far untested move of her. She needed to get this shot before she had to move. She took out her bow, slotting the arrow in to the string. She pulled it back, she aimed towards the group. She felt a heartbeat go by.

Thump.

She directed all of her magic to her palm. A wind whipped up in her hand, the wind grew in to a small tumbing hurricane. She let go of the string. The string ejected from the bow, it's trajectory protected by the infantile hurricane encasing it. At tremendous speeds, it headed toward the horse's heart. It's tip freshly sharpened. Ready to draw blood.

The horse collapsed in the distance. The rider whom she assumed was the one named Achilles, quickly dismounted to avoid being crushed under the horses weight. It seemed that the companion he shared a horse with, didn't get off so easy. The other rider dismounted to aid his female companion, though he seemed to check on Achilles first. Strange priorities considering the circumstances. Not that it mattered much to Shadow. They wouldn't be alive much longer to decide what their priorities were.

Isaac stared out into the distance, the arrow had come from east, so that's the direction he watched. Achilles was more concerned with the well being of the girl who may have just been reduced to one limb, with the full weight of a horse compressing her legs.

Isaac continued to peer off, ignoring the situation beneath him. He knew Achilles didn't have enough cynicism in him to handle the situation properly. If Charlotte died here, then that was one casualty. If they turned their full attention to the injured girl, then another couple of well placed arrows could see the three of them bite the dust. Despite knowing that, he left Achilles to tend to her. It was obvious the two had a connection, whether it was romantic or not it really didn't matter. He wasn't going to stop them from caring. Just like they weren't going to stop him from caring about staying alive.

They reacted well. They worked on their instincts. Despite the possibility of relying on instinct being it working well, or death, that could be considered a considerably low margin for error. The other male one was prepared to deal with combat. Achilles took to tending for the crippled female, this tactic was hard coded in to humans. One entity defends while the other tends to a more delicate matter. The male looked in her direction, he has obviously been trained to deal this. If she stayed her cover would reveal her. If she moved she;d also be noticed. It was time to reactivate a magic trick. She closed her eyes after slinging the bow around her chest. She put her hands together. Magic rose to her skin, a buzzing sensation electrified her skin. The magic was fired from her body, encoating her in a bright shining plasma. This magic coating then receded to adhere to the skin. Her figure blurred and faded. Her skin mimicked the nature around here. She was invisible. She crawled forward out of the cover. She's tested this before, but only on animals and fat oafs. She wondered if this boy was a fair match to her skill.

Isaac guarded his eye from the harsh light that emerged from the bushes. He couldn't let the attacker escape. He immediately stopped himself from darting forward, realising that his two travelling companions would be sitting ducks without him. He grunted, he was just as useless as his injured friends. Not only were they getting pelted with hot sand, but now he had to watch out for arrows aswell.

"Achilles, we need to get going. We're not safe here." He urged his partner to leave, but Achilles was completely ignorant of his surroundings. Isaac grabbed Charlotte, and slung her over his shoulder. "It's down to me then, huh?" He jibed with an air of frustration. He whistled to his horse, the horse that was still standing.

"I'll take the horse." Achilles' tone was dead. His eyes lost their shade, now resembling a faint pink instead of the usual dull red.

"Yeah, sure I'll just dodge these arrows. No problem." Though sarcastic in tone, he complied with the request, and bit his lip as rode off into the sunset. "If I didn't know any better I'd say that's a beautiful scene." He sighed, again carrying his sarcastic tone.

The shining light had prevented the boy from seeing here as she blended with the background. She hadn't been detected. She ran forward spreading her arms out ducking under, she lunged forward, then she dashed right. She ran up to the horse that Achilles was riding. She diverted her magic to her lips and voicebox. She sung sweet words that flew off of her lips like the call of a siren in a tone that no human would ever get to hear. She spoke to the Horse. "Child of the Land. I will release you from your burdens if you rear this primate off of your back. Return to another child of the Land, Cerberus. I will repay you there." She took out her knife and stretched it out. For a split second the knife appeared out of the air and slashed the ropes binding the saddle and stirrup. She quickly put the dagger in to the sheath. She jumped on the ground and rolled to the side. Avoiding the impending chaos.

Achilles noticed clumps of sand jumping off of the ground. He had no intention of stopping, so he just ignored the bizarre phenomenon. Clearly it wouldn't ignore him. Out of nowhere, his horse threw itself onto its hind legs, causing Charlotte and himself to topple to the ground. Upon instinct, he jumped to his feet and protected Charlotte's, now heavily bruised and battered body.

Shadow watched this scene play out with amusement. He was fast, she had to admit that. She lunged forward while still invisible, taking out her small dagger. Preparing to stab him in the gullet.

As the jumping sand edged closer, Achilles braced himself. It still wasn't clear exactly what he was dealing with. He unsheathed his sword, and swung it for the air in front of him. It was a last resort. Shadow was charging forward. She held the dagger near to her body so that it would also be cloaked. She focused on Achilles' face. This was the face of a man soon to be a pale corpse on the sandy floor. She was a metre away when he locked his eyes above her feet. He had noticed that she kicked up sand and left foot prints on the ground. She pulled back her arm. Achilles sword slashed down diagonally. It hit her... she was knocked to the round. A bloody slice across her nose oozed with sanguine. A bloody drip fell on to the ground. This was unexpected. Perhaps they were a match for her. She fell backwards, she gasped with pain. With anger welling up inside her. She got up with a thrust of her dagger forward towards his torso. She yelled through gritted teeth., "Little runt!" As the dagger went through the air, it went outside of the invisible bubble, becoming visible.

Achilles froze. His legs began to fall weak, and only once he looked down to see the dagger piercing his upper torso. He could manage to get little strength into removing the dagger, and as he attempted to do so, it was only plunged deeper into his quickly failing body. With strength, conciousness was also quickly lost, as the bounty hunter tried to get one last look at his attacker. It was futile.

Begrudgingly, he clutched onto what he couldn't see. He didn't want to die, but if he was going to, this person would go with him. His left arm clutched onto whatever it could find. The right arm, sword in hand, stabbed for the unseen flesh of his opponent.

The sword pierced her skin. Her blood began to crest over the wound. Her power in her arms and the vigour in her heart died as she was winded by the sword plunging in to her stomach. Her form returned to sight. The pain overrided her mind. She dropped to her knees. She tentatively touched the metal sword. She felt the sword stick out the other side of her. This moment flashed like an eternal memory. Her hands shaking she reached in to her pocket. She brought out three seed. She dropped them on top of the ground. She grimaced in pain while her tongue searched for Nature's Whisper. She grunted with pain. She managed to say only one word. "Save."

The seeds adhered to her command. The seeds tunneled in to the ground. Sprouts erupted from the barren soil. Two of the sprouts started to wrap around her legs. Growing and entwining themselves around her body, they start to glow. It went up her body to her torso. Unexpectedly, the third sprout reached out to Achilles. It wrapped itself around his wound and binding it like a bandage. Releasing chemicals to their skin which their bodies were instructed to repair their wounds quickly. Shadow bent her head down, to the boy known as Achilles. She knew she had failed Anima. When she needed to use the Sprouts of the Windcaller. She would die otherwise. She needed to admit the phrase to him, the phrase instructed to her by Anima

"Shillace. Is. Alive." She muttered, she'd thought she'd never see the day she'd admit defeat.
She proceeded to pull out the sword from her abdomen as her body worked on overdrive to heal her. The sprouts kept her living and indeed Achilles also alive. It was at this point she noticed that nature has no side. Only existance. She wasn't the philosopher type much. But this was one experience to not ignore. She slumped over, passing out.

Achilles could barely muster any kind of physical or verbal response. This was the second time he'd accepted his fate, only to somehow survive and to top it all off that name came up again. Shillace.

With the now revealed woman slumped, it would be the perfect time to take Charlotte and get her to Fairbell as soon as possible. He turned and looked at the body on the floor, if he were to save her, now would be the perfect time.

"What?" He grunted slightly. No one, barring himself had ever acknowledged Shillace's existence before. Despite trying to ignore it the first time he had to hear the woman say it again. He had to be sure that this woman truly did just say that name.

Acknowledging his question in a delirious state, she felt energy coming in to brain. She opened her eyes, she looked at Achilles, distant as if on the precipice of life. She was returning to life, but one level at a time. "If. You. Seek. Her. The. One. You. Must. See. Is." She took a pause to breath as it was very difficult as she was in agony. "Anima." She stated the last of the phrase.

He lurked behind a mound. Watching them, with his eye.

khTFsk5.png

Last edited:

Zatanna

Magician Princess
Years
2U305wD.png

Joint Post

Evian wakes up and yawns. She looked perfect, even in waking up. She stood up and stretched, smiling at the dog laying on the end of her bed. Evian was so excited for today, today was the first day her and her sister started being Bounty Hunters under Miss. Janet. She slipped out of her blue, silk nightgown and folded it putting back into her dresser.

Evian started filling the bathtub, watching as the water entered the tub. When the bath tub was full, she slipped in. She grabbed the soap and washed her, smooth hairless skin. Then she grabbed a little container of Aloe Vera and massaged that into her hair, then washed that. She was all clean, and beautiful now. She got out of the bathtub and dried off looking at her body in the mirror.

Wow... God really did bless me with beauty. This wasn't Evian just being vain either. She was very beautiful.

Evian slipped on some white lace lingerie then her skirt and a brown belt. Next was her top, she put the shirt on. Then her gauntlets and gloves. She sat on her bed to but on her boots, and to finish the look off she put on her top. She looked great, it was cute and protective at the same time.

Evian quietly opened her door and tip toed down the stairs trying not to wake Desi. She could be a real grouch if you woke her up. She slipped into the kitchen to make breakfast, which she usually wouldn't do but they had a big day and they couldn't be starving. Evie took out a glass bowl and started making dough. She added all the ingredients and stirred, then rolled it out. Once that was done she got another bowl used for making pies out. She put the dough in the pan then put eggs, pork,and potatoes in it. She put more dough over the top and put it in the oven to bake.

Desirée cracks an eye open at the sudden noise erupting from the kitchen. She rolls out of bed with a sigh, annoyed at being woken so early - but she could never be too mad to wake up to a nice, cooked breakfast.

"Evie," she enters their kitchen, ruffling her short hair to look somewhat presentable. "Why? So early..." finishing off with a grumble, Desirée leans close to the oven and breathes in the smell of Evian's famously delicious pie - it was among the household, anyway.

"Hmm...? Oh Desi you're awake. Why aren't you dressed? Or showered? Its not that early anyways. The roosters already told us to wake up. We have a big day." Evie said checking on the pie. It was almost done.

"Dalex should be back soon, he left this morning to go hunting. He better not bring any dead anything in here." She said disgusted. Evian liked to keep herself clean and dead things really did not please her.

Evian grabbed some holders and took the pie out of the oven, and turned the oven off. She cut up the pie and gave Desi a slice. She knew Desi loved her breakfast pie which is why she made it. Cooking was not one of Evians favorite things to do but she knew how to do it well.

When Evian was growing up her mother, Fountine made her learn how to cook. She said that Evian needed to know how to cook if she ever wanted a man to take her hand in marriage. So Evian learned how to cook, which was good because Desi didn't know how to cook and neither did Dalex.

"What are you going to wear today?" She asked Desi, knowing that Desi wasn't too worried about her appearance Evian usually made sure her clothing was fashionably acceptable.

"Whatever is easiest to clean the blood off," Desirée grins.

Their mothers were opposites, Evian grew up as the perfect daughter who knew how to cook, clean, become a wonderful 'young lady' that Desirée could never be. Fortunately, Desirée didn't know her mother very well so she had no expectations to live up to. All she knew about the woman that gave birth to her was that she was quite the Outlaw.

That was not the path Desirée would be taking. Not according to their father, anyway.

"Speaking of Dalex," she starts around a mouthful of food. "How are you two lately?"

Evian knew that her and her sister were very different, which is why their relationship worked out so well.

"Dalex and I? We're good. He's pretty hot and so am I. He doesn't buy me very many gifts though. That is a problem. But for me, this relationship has lasted a pretty long time. Oh but things are starting to get a little boring in the sack." Evian said looking at her nails.

Desirée and Dalex were good friends, which Evian liked. The last thing she wanted is for her man and her sister to hate each other. Which was usually the case, since she had a taste for danger. She loved bad boys, guys with bad attitudes, older guys and the list goes on and on. So most of her boyfriends weren't exactly the best choices for her.

"You need to look good today. So does Dalex. I wish you two knew how to dress yourselves. Sometimes I fee more like a mom then a sister or girlfriend. You can have more pie just leave some for Dalex." Evian said sighing, thinking.

Things are getting a little boring lately... Maybe today i'll try and find myself a little distraction... Evian said to herself a small grin appearing on her face.

Always lookin' for trouble, Desirée smirks around another bite of pie. They both liked trouble, just different kinds. While Evian specialised in the boys, Desirée favoured hustling people and having fun while doing so.

She finishes off her part of the pie, leaving quite a bit for Dalex. "That was great. Good job, Evi. You can clean this up, right?" Standing, Desirée kisses her little sisters' cheek and leaves the kitchen before she can complain about it. I learned the hard way not to ruffle her hair.

Throwing on her clothes after a quick shower, Desirée finishes it off with her hat - a must to her attire.

Click... click... ting!

The revolver under her sleeve releases as she presses the button, the gears forcing it into her hand. She pokes her head around the corner and waves her arm rapidly to catch Evian's attention.

Evian rolls her eyes as Desirée eats and runs. She reluctantly takes her plate and cleans it off in the sink. Evian is looking at herself in a small mirror while brushing her hair and sees Desi waving like an idiot.

"What the hell? What do you want Desi?" Evian asked annoyed. She let out a sigh and got up and walked over. She looked at Desi's outfit and giggled.

"You actually look great! I mean it could be a little more... short... maybe a skirt... but you look good for you." she teases.

Desirée slaps a hand over Evian's mouth. "Shhh!"

She nods her head towards the back door, right next to them in their hallway. The wooden floorboards were quite sturdy and didn't creak much, but picking a lock could be heard throughout the entire house.

Their intruder was silent for a moment, then the door swung open and slammed into Desirée's elbow.

"Hey!" She protests, ripping the door open and brandishing her weapon.

A flare of rage goes through her body as Desi puts a hand on her mouth.

The door they were standing by suddenly flew open and hit Desi. Behind the door there was a lady who made Evian sick. She was wearing a purple dress and heels and had firey red hair. She was basically out to pop out of the dress. Evian was all one for being a wh*** but you can put on a few more clothes.

"Hello bitches could I perhaps come in?" she said, her voice sounding like nails on a chalkboard.

Desirée hooks an arm around the intruders neck and points the revolver at her temple.

"This can go one of two ways," she hisses into the womans' hair, her lips curling into a sneer. "One, we could let you go and forget you tried to rob us - however, that would involve a hefty amount of money." Money this woman clearly doesn't have. "Or two, my sister here can relieve some boredom of hers."

She grins at Evian over the womans' beefy shoulder; holding on was taking a lot of her energy.

"Personally, I favour option two."

Evian smirks a bit. While she had a problem with killing but no problem hurting people.

"Oh yeah lady lesbian. I chose option two!" The dame said back handing Desiree's gun and tackling Evian to the ground.

Evian screamed as she was tackled. Somehow Evian had the problem of always being the damsel in distress.

Desirée fixes the revolver around her wrist and glares at the intruders' back. She cocks the gun, the resounding 'click' stilling the woman above Evian.

"Get off my sister." All dry humor was wiped from her voice. When it comes to Evian's safety, there's no more fun and games.

The woman drags herself off Evian, backing up down the hallway and further into the house.

Desirée waves the revolver to the left, in the direction of their kitchen. "Go that way. I don't want the carpet to get stained."

She stops walking when Evian is just beside her and offers her sister a hand up.

"If you stain the carpet you're cleaning it up." Evian says with a slight grin getting up herself.

"I can get up by myself. I'm not just your little sister." she pouts, wiping herself off.

She went to the closet and got out her staff, shrinking it into a wand and ran after the girl. She was in the living room. This woman OBVIOUSLY had no listening skills whatsoever.

"aqua bulla!" Evian said pointing her wand at the intruder. She had found out that she could use her defensive water attack as an offensive attack. She giggled as the droplets of water surrounded her then came together trapping her in a circular prison of water.

"DESI! Come shoot her! The water will soak up all the blood! Hurry I cant hold it much longer!" Evian demanded.

Desirée's boots click down the hallway and into the living room - she was already annoyed by Evian's usual 'I'm not a baby, leave me be' demeanor but now the intruder can't even listen to save her own life.

The woman's hair is wild, framing her head inside the bubble of water.

"In your next life as a cockroach, I hope you listen to warnings." She aims the revolver and fires, the bullet soaring through the water shield and hitting the target.

Evian closed her eyes as the bullet entered the bubble and hit the woman. She bled out and the water inside the bubble turned red. Evian whipped her wand one good time and the bubble and woman disappeared.

She let out a big sigh and pushed past Desi.

"Move you're in my way." She said turning the corner and going up the stairs. She stopped at the top and looked down.

"WE ARE LEAVING AS SOON AS DALEX GETS HERE!" she screamed, going into her room and slamming the door. Evie took a seat on her bed and sighed.

"Why is my life so hard?"

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Dalex Surand:

Dalex rode his horse through the country side, slowly moving as he thought about day of ahead. This was first day for all of them to be official bounty hunters. Though Dalex would sometimes ignore that fact, about not being one, and go after smaller, not really cared about outlaws. One that were more of annoyance than a threat. He took a rest by a very small watering hole at a local homestead to clean up his hand and wash his face without asking. He knew if he had asked, he probably wouldn't have permission and then they would be watching him.

He quickly finished and left before being spotted. No far down the western styled road, he saw a merchant wagon, taking a small break before traveling. It was lead by one horse and a man was feeding his horse.

"Come on boy." Dalex said, pulling the horse in the correct direction, trotting down the hill.

"Ah if it isn't Dalex!" The man announced.

Dalex came to a stop and swung his leg over the horse and jumped down, "How did you know? You didn't even look. You still aren't lookin'. "

"Ha, I just know you. Truth be told, I was going by when you were using that watering hold. You know it isn't right to take things." The man turned around, smiling.

"Says the man who tries to get the best deals possible." Dalex smiled.

Dalex had a few merchant friends. Dalex had always enjoyed the thought of being a merchant, but he just didn't know how to start.

"Well, you know, happens to every merchant. You lose some and you gain some. Speaking of which, what have you gained form to two beautiful sisters?" The merchant announced.

Dalex had a huge grin cross his face, "Now now. That is personal... but I guess I can tell you... I have gained a lot."

The merchant laughed, "You are truly evil when it comes to those two girls. Tell me, which one is better?"

"As if I would tell you." Dalex grinned.

"Yeah yeah, I know. You lucky ass. Anyways, you want to sell that wolf right?"

"Yep."

"Then here." The merchant said, tossing a bag of coin over to his friend.

Dalex caught it and peeked in, "Seems fair. Even though I am sure it isn't, but who cares."

Both laughed as Dalex placing the sack of coin in the inside pocket of his coat. He got the wolf and gave it to his friend. His merchant friend placed it in his wagon and turned back toward Dalex. After talking for a few more minutes, they started to wrap up their conversation.

"So tell me, do you ever plan to start a family? You have always had a soft small for animals with babies. Which one would you go for?"

Dalex thought for a moment as he thought about to two sister. "Yeah. I do. But I want to move north before that happens. Down here, it isn't really the place to raise a family. Not to mention I am not getting much money lately. I really kinda want to become at least a small merchant. And I am not sure where my true love lies. Evi well... and Desi... I love both of them. Just I don't know what kind for each one lately. But no time to answer that that as clear as possible." Dalex answered.

Dalex was sure that he had some Native blood in him. He had always loved nature and he really didn't mind Natives as long as they weren't raiding. He also always thanked the animals for their part in the chain of life.

"I agree, well I should get goin'. If you ever want help with being a small merchant, let me know. I will gladly help a friend. Always good to raise more business partners. You take care of those two wonder for sisters. I'll seeya around. Good luck with today." The merchant said, heading off on his wagon.

"Alright. I better be goin' to. Otherwise one of them is probably going to kill me. And thanks." Dalex announced, getting back on his horse and waving to his friend.

Dalex watched his friend leave and after he was a good distance away, Dalex turned to his own home and back to the two sisters. As he approached the house, he heard a shot and instantly got his horse to canter the rest of the way. He quickly jumped down and ran in. He sighed in relief.

"Really.... I mean really... I was gone for like two or three hours..." But after he finished, he sighed.

He looked at Desiree first, "At least you two are ok. And I am going to guess Evi ran upstairs...' Dalex let out another sigh and massaged his eye sockets.

Last edited:

Ice1

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Emmett Holliday
Status - Outlaw – Scourge of Fairbell – Big Bad Killer
Sorcery Level - 1
Element - Water
Bounty - 2000$

Weekend at Soup's

Emmett grabbed Agnes, put her over his shoulder, and rushed towards the crowd. The girl was really light, which made it that much easier to throw her. Emmett had launched her above the crowd, only to appear next to her out of nowhere, and plant his shoes firmly in the face of the woman below. He had to throw Agnes, because he not being able to take others for a ride while blinking was exactly what kick started all these events.
"First one to catch me I'll drag to hell!" Emmett yelled, as he ran away from the crowd. Quickly he neared a saloon, with a horse bound in front. He threw Agnes over the side, untied the mare and blinked onto its back. He had stationed the horse here himself – after he had stolen it from a ranch nearby – to make a getaway. His scheme was to really provoke Zeke and see if he could outrun him this time. He was going to visit a strong nullification guy anyway, so Ezekiel's mark shouldn't form a problem in the long term. He had really made an effort out of it, he had taken Agnes out of the back of the church, and hung her at the front, he had stolen a horse for if things got messy, and he even had sharpened the spikes on his boots. The visit by Sister Tess was something he wasn't expecting, though, but he would be lying if he said he didn't love it. He got the chance to fool around, and Tess' public execution was surely to put his name on the list of some pretty strong bounty hunters. It was a shame he had to kill Tess, as she seemed like someone you could mess with amazingly. He loved people with bad tempers.

They reached the edge of Fairbell. He pulled Agnes of the horse, and put her over his shoulder. He walked up to the nearest house, and looked through the window. It seemed to be empty. The outlaw blinked in, and opened the door from the inside. He dragged Agnes inside, opened a closet, and locked her in. The girl barely fit, but he had to put her somewhere for now, and he was sure she would survive. He barricaded the door from inside, and blinked out through the window again. He quickly brought himself onto the roofs, and started to walk around. He had to find Soup, and he apparently lived on the outskirts of town. Down on the streets, people were making conversation. Some had tears in their eyes, and Emmett could make them out dragging Ezekiel into a house. One group seemed to band together a bit, and not a second later, they all turned around and started shooting at Emmett. The bullets all missed, and they missed quite a bit, as the distance made aiming from the waist impossible. Emmett jumped from the roof, and blinked away, reappearing on a roof on the other side of the street. He quickly neared the group of people that stood in front of the remainder of the church, and again leaped of the rooftops. Bullets were still being fired at him, and they came closer, the closer he got to his attackers. He planted his shoes into the back of an elderly lady that stood on the street. A loud yell was heard, and people gasped in fear. Emmett blinked away before he hit the ground, and was running on the rooftops again. He took a swig of his flask, and then appeared between the three men attacking him. He spit out the water in his mouth, and froze two of them with his breath. The third, he hit with his frozen horns, and threw him aside.
"Better send bigger guns, Jesusbeans," Emmett said. The crowd shuttered in fear, and some started crying. Between it all, a kid could be heard. "Jesusbeans?"

Emmett immediately was back on the roof again. None of the people in the crowd were skilled enough to put up a chase, and they started to bore him. He got a bit of joy from their reactions, but if no one starts running after you when you, what's the point? He blinked and ran over the rooftops, as he felt a more energetic than ever. Nearing what was supposed to be Soup's house, the smell became worse and worse. The house was in a dire state. The wood was almost rotting, and looked black, while the roof had holes in it, and generally didn't look suited for standing on. It was disattatched from the other houses, which seemed like a great decision, as it wouldn't take the other houses with it when it inevitably collapsed.

Emmett knocked on the front door he had just appeared in front of.
"Soup?" He yelled. A loud groan was heard from inside, and a lot of squeaking of wood. The door unlocked its multiple locks, and it opened to reveal a disgusting man. He was bald, and incredibly, incredibly fat. His neck seemed to be twice as big as his head, and his head was huge already. Flies swarmed around the man, who was drooling dark green saliva. The stench that came with him was worse. Emmett felt like he could pass out any moment, and his stomach was turning inside out.
"Who are you?" Soup asked, his voice sounding greasy and filthy. "I don't think I know you?" He scratched his head, and dirt fell off the man's head.
"I heard you do nullifications," Emmett said. He couldn't remember ever feeling this uncomfortable and sick, and he seemed to lose his edge.
"Cash?" Soup asked. Emmett nodded. He handed over a hand of gold he had taken from a mine a while ago. It was all he really had, so he hoped Soup would be content with it. The abomination stood aside, and opened the door wide, signaling Emmett to enter. The inside of the house was even more disgusting than the man itself. At the dinner table, three rotting corpses lay on chairs, and one lay on the table, gutted with a black goop coming out of it. The ground seemed to have a dark green fungus on it, forming spider web patterns on the floor. And those the house didn't lack either, spider webs.

"Nice house," Emmett said, and he stood around awkwardly. He felt so incredibly out of place here, he was almost starting to regret running away from Rex. Soup grabbed one of the rotting bodies from its chair, and threw him on the ground.
"Take a seat," he gurgled. Emmett went to sit, and felt his bottom going down in a layer of slime. Looking at the table, a green layer of slime seemed to be laying on there too.
"What you go?" Soup asked. He didn't seem to be man of many words.
"I got this hex on me that allows this guy to drag me on command. Would be, like, great to get rid of that, you know?" Emmett said.
Soup smiled a toothless smile, and clasped his hands together.
"I can solve that. I'm a professional." He said, "Butcher of hexes, that's what they call me." He stood up and walked up to a cabinet. "Well, it's what I like to call me. Not many people know me. I only work with those Culebras." The sentence seemed to run on long, and a drip of saliva hit the ground. Soup opened a cabinet, and from it fell multiple cups, plates, and cutlery. What came as a surprise was the enormous meat hook that felt out too. He grabbed a jar filled with the same black goop as seemed to seep from the man on the table.
"I have my own methods," he said. He greased over to Emmett, put the jar in front of him on the table. Was he going to have to drink this, Emmett thought? Soup smiled, and burped a gas bubble of pure stench.
"You're not going to have to drink it, don't worry. I just need to empty it on you." Emmett felt his whole being protest. The contents of those jar were human, rotting to the point of becoming liquid. He really should have went to one of those other people Antonio referred him to, but he had forgotten their names already. They weren't on the route, why would you, right?
"Okay, Soup, just do it quickly, before I back out," Emmett said, pain in his voice. Soup laughed.
"Quick? This will take a while, you got a strong spell on you, boy. We'll need an hour."
At that moment Emmett passed out.
Soup started as soon as Emmett woke up. Emmett laid undressed unto the table, his back, legs, and butt were put in the green slime. Soup started to drench the black goop out over him, and spreading it with his greasy hands. When Emmett's body was fully covered, nothing seemed to happen for a couple of seconds. After that, Soups hands came down hard unto Emmett's stomach. He couldn't keep it in anymore, and he started throwing up next to the table. His eyes shot open, and he saw his own stomach contents. Except now, it seemed to be a radiant yellow, almost giving off golden light, and giving off black sparks. Soup hit Emmett on the chest.
"Problem solved. You can go now," Soup said.
"Do you have anywhere I could, like, clean up?" Emmett asked. Soup looked with him with a questioning look.
"Clean up?" He said, in honest naivety.
Emmett rolled his eyes back, and felt his stomach turn. Well, that's just amazing, he thought.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back