• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bidoof's Beginner Mafia: An Intro Game [Mafia Wins!]

Years
Looks like a typical fool behavior....I haven't played with flame in any other game but regardless the "like I care" after that "i'm new player card" just paint a bad image of them.

Instead of voting them I suggest vig should shoot them at night, that'll help us to know if vig is active player and if flame is fool, they lost if they don't get lynch and get killed.
So it's win-win for town.
If they're town they can still defend them by role revealing. Acc to me, they're just very noob townie.

@everyone: I would love to hear your opinion on flame's behavior.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I'd buy into him being the fool, or perhaps a vanilla townie who doesn't care very much. Though I doubt that sort of response would come from someone who's genuinely trying to learn the ropes, so I'm leaning more towards fool.

Years
Actually, I forgot we have a vig. I'd rather not accidentally kill off the vig, so a no one vote might actually be an ok move to make, since the vig also has a night action. Also yeah, flame's behavior kind of sounds like something the fool might say. The no one vote does play into the mafia's hands, but we do have a vig that gives the town a night kill, so I will not vote unless someone seems really suspicious for now.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
I'm leaning towards confused townie. Flame's response to the vote seems more like pure ignorance than a blatant attempt to get lynched. Hell, he apparently didn't know what voting was for moments before that.

As for what we should do about him, I think Desi's suggestion of having Flame claim is the correct move. Doesn't seem too likely that he'd have a power role, based on the way he's acting.

Years
Actually, I forgot we have a vig. I'd rather not accidentally kill off the vig, so a no one vote might actually be an ok move to make, since the vig also has a night action. Also yeah, flame's behavior kind of sounds like something the fool might say. The no one vote does play into the mafia's hands, but we do have a vig that gives the town a night kill, so I will not vote unless someone seems really suspicious for now.

No-voting makes us over-reliant on the cop and a vigilante isn't that valuable really since more often than not they're a liability more than a boon. It's better to lynch and use the info we get to develop actual reads otherwise we end up at the mercy of the mafia.

Years
I agree with you GP only if you're referring those lines for upcoming day phases 'cause day 1 is always random vote. So, voting no one is safe option for us.

Looks like we are nearing at end of phase...I'm leaning town on Mars and null on gp ( little bit suspicious too ; ) There is high probability that mafia will target me since I got 2 town reads so I'll highly appreciate if Doc can protect me tonight or not :p
I know saying that here will make mafia not target me and go for other players

So doc can always reverse psych what I'm suggesting or go with it xD. It'll confuse mafia 100%.

For Vig: I suggest they shoot FlameChrome since flame didn't reveal. I understand that they're new but if they can't even do what majority of town wants for them to do to defend themself, then they're just dragging us down. Even if they turn out town after vig shoot them I'm ok with it since there will be less player to narrow down mafia.

[Vote] No one

Last edited:

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Sorry for being a bad player, shesh.
Are you gonna claim or not? Don't care how apathetic you are about dying, you're wasting our damn time. If you don't even bother defending yourself, you'll lose, jester or not.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
This goes to any of the newbies who seem to have trouble contributing:
Just. Talk. It isn't nearly as hard as it sounds. Even if you think you've got nothing useful to say, get your thoughts out there. Ask the other players questions. Press someone's reasoning. Provide your own theories. Address what confuses you. The more you say, the better chance we've got of getting an accurate read on you.

Years
Almost everyone added something to conversation even the beginners....

Neonsword player is just inactive. Last time they checked PC was 2 days ago. I hope they aren't a pr.

Tails is doing fine.

Impulse have shared their thoughts on relying on cop.

Crazon asked a genuine question but haven't posted since then.

So all in all majority is active. Just let the Vig kill him/her, Mars.

Last edited:
Years
I agree with you GP only if you're referring those lines for upcoming day phases 'cause day 1 is always random vote. So, voting no one is safe option for us.

Here's a funny thing, day one isn't special. What happens if the cop dies tonight? Or doesn't find a mafia? We're pretty much in exactly the same position as we started in and are left with exactly the same tools to rely on... except with an extra dead townie. No-killing is just sitting around depending on a role that is just as likely as everyone else to die during the night. It helps the mafia a lot more than us because it leaves us as most likely in the same boat as today, no information. No-lynching isn't saving the town its waiting for everyone to die.

It's only always a random vote because nobody puts the effort in to making conversation and forming reads. My vote wasn't random, I saw something I found sketchy and jumped on it. Now we have talking points. "It's always random d1" is just an excuse.

Everything else you said was just repetition so not going to comment on that.

Sorry for being a bad player, shesh.

This is a game literally based around picking apart what people do or don't do. If you take everything personally then you're going to have a bad time and if you don't try to participate and just go into full apathy-mode the minute a vote gets put on you, you're going to have a bad time and you're going to be a downer for others. Just chill, dive in and enjoy the game.

Last edited:
Years
Here's a funny thing, day one isn't special. What happens if the cop dies tonight? Or doesn't find a mafia? We're pretty much in exactly the same position as we started in and are left with exactly the same tools to rely on... except with an extra dead townie. No-killing is just sitting around depending on a role that is just as likely as everyone else to die during the night. It helps the mafia a lot more than us because it leaves us as most likely in the same boat as today, no information. No-lynching isn't saving the town its waiting for everyone to die.

It's only always a random vote because nobody puts the effort in to making conversation and forming reads. My vote wasn't random, I saw something I found sketchy and jumped on it. Now we have talking points. "It's always random d1" is just an excuse.

But cop isn't dead yet?

Is he/she going to die at some point- yes, but till he/she isn't dead I'm not going to be aggressive or push for a lynch. If he/she is going to die next day well so be it. We are conversing fine for day 1. Beside who said we are waiting for them to find mafia, they can reveal on next day phase if they want. ( but hooker will just block them from there on) if they had 2 successful reports that means 2 confirmed players.

You're just trying to push for a lynch...since flame replied with such weak defense.

I repeated beginner's post so they know everyone acknowledged the points they made.

Last edited:

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
They haven't said nearly enough to determine alignments. Although it's still D1, this is one of the slower games I've seen. No point in whining about it through, still got some other thoughts.

FlameChrome: More time that passes, the more I'm inclined to believe that he isn't the jester. It's become increasingly clear that we aren't gonna bother lynching him, and the threat of a vig should be on his mind. There's nothing for him to gain from feigning ignorance at this point. Most likely town. Don't think the vig should waste their shot on him. Even if he doesn't end up helping the investigation, this is still a numbers game. Most we'll get out of it is a dead townie and a confirmed townie in the form of the vig. Claim, dammit.

Desi: Hard town read, as stated before. Tried to pull off a townsided strat and expressed interest in generating discussion. Not much else to say.

Impulse: Hasn't said much. Going by her history, that seems to be a common occurrence. Gonna press her after this.

Tails: Made quality posts in the face of a contentless night, and that's good enough for me. Initially, his transition to a no-lynch standpoint seems awkward to me:
"I'd rather not accidentally kill off the vig"
There are two other vastly important power roles in the game, but when the vig gets mentioned, you're suddenly fine with a NL? I'd like some clarification on your thought process regarding that. The reasoning afterwards makes sense i.e. "If the vig can kill too, we don't lose as much by abstaining", but I'm wondering why you didn't consider the risk of lynching the cop or doctor.

Gp: Pointed the first real FOS and shot down a couple of bad suggestions. Null for now, but he's a benefit to us regardless of alignment. Would like to hear his thoughts on Tails and I.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
[Vote] Impulse
Merry Christmas. You check the thread often, but nothing ever comes out. I'll start with something easy: Do you think we should vote today?

impulse~

i don't like how mostly everyone assumes FC's fool just because of saying "like I care", and getting aggressive over it
like, that wasn't even a defence
FC didn't make a lot of noise either

and to answer your question, im not sure yet. i'll vote if i see fit otherwise i won't

Years
Gp: Pointed the first real FOS and shot down a couple of bad suggestions. Null for now, but he's a benefit to us regardless of alignment. Would like to hear his thoughts on Tails and I.

Slight town lean on you, null on tails. We'll see in the coming days.

impulse~

even if they were maf?

Back