• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Titlescreen Data Overflow? (FR)

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Hi all,

I'm currently remaking my titlescreen in Fire Red and got stuck at the following,
I wanted to import a new tileset instead of the old one at 0x3BF58C (The Titlescreen Background). Unfortunately, when I import a tileset that is larger than 136x136 the following happens:
Titlescreen Glitched.gif

By replacing the tileset, the whole titlescreen looks messed up. It seems to be that: the larger the tileset the more ruined the titlescreen looks.

Can anyone explain to me why that happens (Is it some GBA restriction in handling BG3)? Or, even better, can anyone tell me how I would be able to import a larger tileset for the background?

PS: When I replace the tileset at 0xEAE0B4 (Gamefreak & Press Start Image) with the same tileset I imported earlier, the titlescreen doesn't appear to be glitched at all...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2023
Could you upload both the tileset and the original image that you're using? The tilemap as well if possible.

From the looks of it, you didn't replace the old tilemap.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Beach.png
This is the one I use.

Beach1.PNG
This is only the first 136x136 pixels of that image, if I import this it works fine. So it really appears to be the size.

Edit: The tilemap is not the problem, it's the tileset that glitches the titlescreen

Last edited:
Back