• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 6] Ayy, another Nuzlocke Challenge

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Hey fellas. After the disaster that was my Omega Ruby Wonderlocke, I?m back to try a regular Nuzlocke with Black 2. My Wonderlocke started going downhill when I realised after level 10 my pok?mon stopped listening to me until I got my first badge. Let?s just say Roxanne kicked my butt real hard.

Rules

-If a pok?mon faints, it is considered dead and must either be boxed or released.
-The first encounter of a new area is the only pok?mon that can be captured. If I fail to capture it, I must swallow my salt and move on.
-Additional rule to the one above: a route/cave/forest that has multiple floors does not count as new areas. I can only capture one pok?mon from that area.
-Choose starter based on Trainer ID.
-It?s GAMEOVER if a black/white out occurs, even if there are live pok?mon in the PC.
-All pok?mon captured must be nicknamed for the sake of forming a bond.
-Duplicate clause: if I encounter a pok?mon I?ve already captured that?s alive (including the evolution line), I have to try again for another pok?mon. I only have 3 chances.
-Unlimited amount of heals, just a casual challenge.
-Any shiny pok?mon captured are negated from any of the rules.
-No EXP Share if one is available.

Let's see how I fair during this challenge.

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Journey start!

Player Name: Zo?ka. Trainer ID: 08014.
RosaChallenge2.png

The last number of my Trainer ID is 4, meaning my starter is Tepig!
tepig.gif

Ruby the Tepig
Female|Hardy|Blaze|Lv. 5
Tackle
Tail Whip

Activity Update

Route 19
After the tutorial by Bianca, my first encounter is a level 3 Purrloin. I catch her with relative ease and nickname her Chalcedony. I level her up to prepare for any trainer battles before Alder jumps down out of nowhere and I realise there aren?t actually any trainers along this route.

Route 20
Immediately after entering the route, I run head first into a trainer battle before swapping Chalcedony out for Ruby in fear of losing her. After a long Scratch battle between my Purrloin and the second trainer?s Purrloin, I finally make it to some long grass, encountering a level 2 Pidove. I capture her and nickname her Opal before moving on to fight some more trainers.

Floccesy Ranch
My first encounter ends up being another Pidove, so I run and try again, finding a level 5 Mareep. I name her Topaz (seriously, another female?), and carry on with my journey, only to find myself in a mild panic as I?m having a surprise battle with my rival. After a bit of teamwork between Chalcedony, Opal and Topaz, with the first two lowering his Oshawott?s attack stat with Growl and Topaz paralysing him with Thunder Wave; I manage to make it out of the battle without losing anyone. After battling a few more trainers, I finally meet the first Team Plasma Grunt before heading back to Floccesy Town.

Aspertia City
After a little bit of level grinding, I make my way back to the Pok?mon School and Gym. I?m gonna stop here for now and take on the gym tomorrow.

Current Party
tepig.gif

Ruby the Tepig
Female|Hardy|Blaze|Lv. 9
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Odor Sleuth

purrloin.gif

Chalcedony the Purrloin
Female|Calm|Unburden|Lv. 9
Scratch
Growl
Assist

pidove.gif

Opal the Pidove
Female|Hardy|Super Luck|Lv. 9
Gust
Growl
Leer

mareep.gif

Topaz the Mareep
Female|Naive|Static|Lv. 9
Tackle
Growl
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock​

Spoiler: Pok?mon in PC

None currently

Spoiler: Deaths

None (yet)

Last edited:
Years
That Mareep should definitely be helpful for Cheren, what with being able to use Growl to counteract his Work Up, and use Thunder Wave to paralyze him. Hoping this turns out well!

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
And I'm back for a late night update~

Activity Update

Aspertia City
Right, time to take on the gym! I battle the two gym trainers, and while I won?t go into much detail of the battles, it takes quite a bit of team work and swapping between my pok?mon to make sure I don?t lose anyone. After a trip to the Pok?mon Centre and giving each of my pok?mon an Oran Berry, I?m ready to battle Cheren.

The first pok?mon I send out is Topaz against Cheren?s Patrat. After two Growls, his Patrat makes the mistake of using Tackle against Topaz, and her Static takes effect. The battle against his Patrat goes smoothly once it?s paralysed, and I?m able to take it out with relative ease. The real battle starts when Cheren throws out his level 13 Lillipup. I keep Topaz out to use Thunder Wave ? almost losing her in the process ? before switching to Opal to lower Lillipup?s Attack and Defence stats. Once I?m confident the Work Up + Tackle combo isn?t going to be a threat, I switch to Ruby, finishing the battle with constant Tackles. Thanks to the Oran Berries Alder gave me I didn?t even need to use any Potions.

And I earn the Basic Badge!
Basic_Badge.png

I?m struggling to decide on keeping Chalcedony in my party or not. Levelling her up takes more time than the others, and she?s honestly pretty fragile. I?m gonna keep her in my party for the time being, but once I catch more pok?mon I might put her in the PC.

Route 20
After level grinding Chalcedony to get her up to the same level as everyone else in my party, I continue on with my adventure. I make my way through the route, receiving Pecha Berries from Cheren (they?ll be helpful for the second gym) battling the trainers along the path. And just as I pass through the gate, the woman in there gives me some Great Balls. How kind!

Virbank City
Not five minutes in this toxic city and the locals prove they are the complete opposite of their stereotypes. I receive a burn heal and some Pok? Balls.

Virbank Complex
Time to find another partner to join the team. And it?s a?level 11 Magnemite! The Magnemite puts up a good fight, confusing Ruby and using Thunder Shock to do some decent damage. This is where things go downhill as I switch Ruby for Topaz to try out the theory of ?can an electric type be paralysed with Thunder Wave??, but I don?t get to find out. The Magnemite uses Sonic Boom and I begin to panic, because this move is bloody deadly at the beginning of a game. I make the mistake of throwing a Great Ball while Topaz has less than half of her HP, and to my dismay the Magnemite breaks out at the last second before delivering the finishing blow on Topaz.

Right. Super serious time.

I send out Chalcedony to use Sand Attack, lowering the pok?mon?s accuracy a bunch before panicking even further when the Magnemite seems to ignore the sand in its eye and uses Sonic Boom again. I throw my last Great Ball, and to my relief I manage to catch it before I have any more causalities. An electric type for another electric type, I suppose. I name the Magnemite Spinel and lay Topaz to rest.

I continue on, finding a Silk Scarf (I?m not sure who to give this to) and venturing further into the complex.

Virbank Complex
I completely forgot you can go deeper into the complex. Does this count as a new area? I?m gonna say no. I continue through, battling the trainers in the area.

Virbank City
And it?s time to take on the second gym! I defeat the first gym trainer with just Ruby while defeating the second with Chalcedony and Opal. I head back to the Pok?mon Centre for a quick rest and to buy some Antidotes and Potions before heading back to the gym.

The battle against Roxie goes far better than expected. Turns out all I need is Spinel to get the job done, using Thunder Wave to paralyse Roxie?s pok?mon and then cleaning up with Sonic Boom.

I earn the Toxic Badge!
Toxic_Badge.png

And I?m gonna leave it here for now. I need to go to sleep.

Current Party
tepig.gif

Ruby the Tepig
Female|Hardy|Blaze|Lv. 16
Tackle
Tail Whip
Ember
Flame Charge

purrloin.gif

Chalcedony the Purrloin
Female|Calm|Unburden|Lv. 15
Scratch
Pursuit
Assist
Sand-Attack

pidove.gif

Opal the Pidove
Female|Hardy|Super Luck|Lv. 15
Gust
Air Cutter
Leer
Quick Attack

magnemite.gif

Spinel the Magnemite
Genderless|Jolly|Sturdy|Lv. 17
Tackle
Thunder Wave
Thunder Shock
Sonic Boom​

Spoiler: Pok?mon in PC

None currently

Spoiler: Deaths

179.png

SirDolan

Relicanth ❤
Years
Activity Update

Virbank City
And I'm back and out of the gym. Well, I would be if this man didn't come over to me and… offer me an invite to Pokéstars Studios? I have time to spare, sounds like good fun. And it seems like Roxie's going there as well. After a quick trip to the Pokémon Centre for a well-deserved rest, I head over to the Pokéstars Studios and meet the Director before being shown around. I've always liked this place. The design of it is awesome and it always feels lively with the music, and the feature to shoot movies is pretty cool. I meet Roxie's dad and we watch his movie, which sadly turns out to be a flop. After an existential crisis realising he's better off as a captain, he returns to his duties. Castelia City here we come!

But not before we shoot our own movie. It's pretty simple and easy playing as Riolu Girl, and the audience seems to like how it turned out. After many praise from the Director, I finally leave Pokéstars Studios and head for the ship to Castelia City, only to be stopped yet again. I find Peyton (my rival) and Roxie confronting Team Plasma, and unlike my first encounter with them, they actually want to fight.

I send out Chalcedony against the Plasma Grunt's Patrat. I try to lower its accuracy with Sand Attack, but it ends up protecting itself with Detect. After a few lucky Assists and powerful Scratch attacks, I win the battle and Team Plasma is sent scurrying. I receive the HM Cut from Roxie (thank you) before we follow in hot pursuit to Route 20 to find where Team Plasma has skedaddled off to.

Castelia City
After a brief chase into Route 20 and a quick battle with a Plasma Grunt, I finally make it on a boat to the big city. Ah, Castelia…the city of opportunities, the city of hopes and dreams, the city of getting lost, the city of…giant pirate ships… Like, that ship is huge. I'm sure that has no significance to the story whatsoever. I walk further into the city before being stopped by a clown and I'm given a bicycle? Where the hell did this clown get this from? Does he just give bicycles to every trainer he comes across? These are serious questions that need to be answered! And now I gotta go find more clowns? Oh boy.

I find the first Harlequin in the Battle Company. I'm already here, so why not challenge some trainers? After the first floor of trainers, I level up some of my pokémon, receive some Quick Balls, Timer Balls, Scope Lens, and an EXP. Share that I won't be using, and Ruby finally evolves into Pignite! Time to face the company president who is…a school kid? I guess I shouldn't judge a book by its cover as the president puts up a good fight with his Eevee and Herdier, but Spinel and Ruby win me the battle.

Man, I forgot how much there is to do in this city. I find the second Harlequin in the Passerby Analytics HQ and quickly leave without talking to any of the people in there. I'd rather not spent five minutes answering questionnaires, thanks. I find the third and hopefully last Harlequin in the Medal Office and return to the original Harlequin, receiving a Rare Candy for my efforts. Sweet.

After exploring the city and receiving many items and TMs, I finally make it to the gym only to find Burgh isn't there. Instead I meet Iris who offers to help me find Team Plasma. She leads me to the sewers, and the only thing I can think of is, "At long last…a new pokémon to catch!"

Castelia Sewers
As Peyton and I go further into the sewers, we eventually find Team Plasma and kick their butts. After they skedaddle (yet again), Burgh appears and assures us that Team Plasma isn't any deeper. Suddenly, a mysterious man with blonde and blue hair walks out of the shadows before disappearing as quickly as he appeared. Who was he?

Burge eventually leaves and I'm finally alone to catch a new addition to my party – a level 15 Zubat. Say what you want about these guys, but I really like Crobat, so I'm not complaining. I catch him (yes, a male!) relatively easily and name him Larimar.

Relic Passage
Moving into a new area already and what do I find? Why, a level 16 Woobat. Like Larimar, I catch her with relative ease and name her Agate.

Castelia City
I find the secret park via the sewer system, and my first encounter is a level 15 Rattata. I try to catch her, but Chalcedony ends up landing a critical hit, taking out all of the Rattata's HP. I stay here for a while to level grind my party, and Chalcedony evolves into Liepard during the process! I'm glad I've kept her in my party.

After battling some of the trainers in the sewers and in the Relic Passage, I feel confident enough to take on the gym. Man, the gym has had a massive makeover since the last games, and I quite like the new look with the silk cocoons. I take on the first gym trainer, I got this! In fact, no, nope, I don't got this. This guy's Sweaddle almost takes out Chalcedony in one hit, can he not? I switch Opal out to clean up, and not only does she win the battle, but she evolves into Tranquill! The rest of the battles go smoothly, until I reach the final gym trainer and his Dwebble. Let's just say Smack Down can be pretty deadly to your Zubat. Thankfully Agate takes the Dwebble out, but the damage has been done. I've lost one of my precious bats.

I head back to the Pokemon Centre for heals and to stock up on supplies before taking on Burgh. I start the battle with Opal, almost taking out his Swadloon with Air Cutter before he uses a Hyper Potion. Swadloon's extra moments don't last long as Opal defeats it with a critical hit Air Cutter. Burgh sends out his Dwebble, and learning from my past mistake, I switch to Ruby. Good thing I do, because his Dwebble uses nothing but Smack Down until I defeat it with Arm Thrust and Flame Charge. He sends out Leavanny, his last but powerful pokémon. I'm hoping Ruby's previous Flame Charge has raised her speed high enough as I use the move again, and thankfully Ruby attacks first, taking the Leavanny out in one hit. Not as exciting as I was expecting, but I'm glad I didn't lose any more pokémon.

And I earn the Insect Badge!
Insect_Badge.png

It looks like my time in Castelia City is coming to an end. I leave the gym and head to the Pokémon Centre for a final rest before heading towards the northern exit of the city where I'm stopped by the mysterious man I met in the sewers. He's a scientist by the name of Colress with a dream to…bring out the power in pokémon? How strange. He wants to battle up at Route 4, can't keep the man waiting.

Route 4
I head out and meet Colress standing in front of some large, weird-looking boulders that are blocking the road. He uses some strange device and suddenly the boulders starting moving, revealing themselves to be some Crustle that are taking a nap. How rude.

Colress eventually challenges me to a battle, sending out Magnemite. I send out Chalcedony, but after a couple of attacks I realise this battle isn't going anywhere and switch Ruby out. The Magnemite goes down easily, but his Klink puts up more of a fight. In the end the type advantage works in my favour and Ruby wins the battle. Colress thanks me and leaves, giving me freedom to finally find a new pokémon in this area.

My first encounter is a level 14 Sandile. It takes a little longer to catch her because she breaks out of four Poké Balls before she's finally captured. I nickname her Carnelian, knowing that one day she'll hopefully be a large, crimson crocodile.

Current Party
pignite.gif

Ruby the Pignite
Female|Hardy|Blaze|Lv. 23|@ Charcoal
Tackle
Rollout
Arm Thrust
Flame Charge

liepard.gif

Chalcedony the Liepard
Female|Calm|Unburden|Lv. 21|@ Amulet Coin
Scratch