• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

In depth Advance Map tutorial

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2009
Okay, How do I get Fly Events to work... I tried to add one but it won't let me :(

Last edited:

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
i don't think you can in advance-map. U can edit them using a program included with poke-tronic though...I don't really know if that is applicable to creating new ones though....

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
Hey when i make a new map and connect it to another i can go in to the connected map but i cant get back to the other it blocks me what do i ahve to do?

Last edited:

monobi

Pokémon Pixel Trainer
Years
Wow, great tutorial! Very in depth!
Added to bookmarks so i can come back, am passing it onto a few who might find it useful o;

Any tips for map design in general? What makes a good map..?

Thanks a lot!

Sky
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
When I insert new map, the name of new of is "litteroot town" ? (Ruby)
How do change name a new map?

link12552

decade club
Years
when doing Warps what is the Unknown used for?

Warp unknown 3 is for the on player step event

If you leave the unknown at 0 sometimes the warp may not work as desired.

Currently Working on:

Nameless hack

"What makes a map good" < Don't know if I'll finnish this one

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 30, 2009
Does this make sense? Some of my warps don't seem to work. An example: You know the hole you use for caves that you walk into enter the cave? Well, I can't come back out. The "Goto" works perfectly on Advanced Map, but when I walk on the warp, it doesn't work. Anyone know what's going on or has had similar problems?

link12552

decade club
Years
Response

I'm tring to get The door of my house in FireRed to go to a place where you catch Lugia in a differant map.But every time I try it doesn't work.Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Does this make sense? Some of my warps don't seem to work. An example: You know the hole you use for caves that you walk into enter the cave? Well, I can't come back out. The "Goto" works perfectly on Advanced Map, but when I walk on the warp, it doesn't work. Anyone know what's going on or has had similar problems?

Make sure that in the tile ,with the warp on it, that its behavior is set to warp. Change the unknows for the warp to 3 and if you're doing a lower caves exit set the warp behavior to an arrow and a warp. This should fix both of your problems.:nervous:

Respond if this is succesful and if it's not ttry to give me more details :)

Mewtwo760

Gamer/Hacker
Years
I know I'm a little late, i just found this but it's great! If someone can just help me with creating warps and editing scripts... It would be perfect! :)

pyscho_red

will give it another shot !
Years
nice^^

hey, nice tutorial it explained and helped me quite a bit but the only problem i'm having is that when i load my tile sets the tile that i put in is all different and messed up colours
any tips ? thanks

pyro903

╠═P═Z═Y═R═0? ?╣
Years
Make sure that in the tile ,with the warp on it, that its behavior is set to warp. Change the unknows for the warp to 3 and if you're doing a lower caves exit set the warp behavior to an arrow and a warp. This should fix both of your problems.:nervous:

Respond if this is succesful and if it's not ttry to give me more details :)

how do i set the behavoiur?

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
This was really helpful.

But my question is how to connect a town to a route with using warps.
Is there some sorta script command or something?

link12552

decade club
Years
This was really helpful.

But my question is how to connect a town to a route with using warps.
Is there some sorta script command or something?

You have to use a map conection on both the route and the town

connection.png

You must have connections on both the town and the route or else the game won't work the connection properly. Also make sure the both of the maps alighn:cross-eye

Years
I've got a question how do you change where a person walks like professor oak when he's taking you to the lab I think you said how to do this but I didn't understand

link12552

decade club
Years
c
I've got a question how do you change where a person walks like professor oak when he's taking you to the lab I think you said how to do this but I didn't understand

You have to edit the script and change the movements.

This is best done in XSE...

I can't really help ,but when you open the script to change the movements make sure you change the players to.

Back