• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Tom

Krazier Than You
Years
18.png
D/P has one so why not R/S/E/FR/LG?

In this thread, you are free to share and discuss any details of your Hoenn/Kanto journey, what mysteries or Pokémon you encountered so far, or simply when you managed to beat a tough Gym Leader.

We're looking forward to hearing your stories. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Restarted Fire Red last night. I am currently by the Pokemon centre, about to enter Rock Tunnel or whatever that stupid dark annoyance of a tunnel is called.

With me, I have:
Charmander lv 33 Adamant Brick Break, Flamethrower, Ember, Metal Claw
Nidorino lv 34 Relaxed Horn Attack, Peck, Poison Sting, Double Kick
my lv 5 cutter NidoranF
and my lv 3 flasher Jigglypuff

Thinking about evolving Charmander...But Charmeleon is fugly, but I want Charizard's Wing Attack lv 36, so I have to evolve it now. *sobs*

OK, before the tunnel, vs Picknicker Heidi.
2 embers and Pikachu is gone
1 double kick and Clefairy is gone
Entering the tunnel...
And I'll leave it there for now.

Anti

return of the king
Years
I just bred an amazing eevee in emerald...and EV trained it. Now it is an umbreon at level 36...it just evolved! Patience FTW!

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
The thread has been stickied because the old similar thread got one as well.

Jamie006

Old School Pokémaster
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 18, 2008
Hip-An-Happenin, if you still have the Moon Stone from Mt. Moon, you should really use it on Nidorino now. Nidorino doesn't really learn that many good moves on his own (Double Kick is the best, and you've already got it), and Nidoking's definitely worth having. Personally, I would have evolved him at level 16.

Oh, and don't cry, I think Charmeleon's pretty cool-looking and definitely isn't ugly.

Years
Charmeleon's awesome

All I've been doing on FR/LG/E/R/S lately is migrating Pokemon to Diamond, attaching good TMs, Master Balls and Rare Candies to them as well

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Well now I have a lv 43 Charizard, lv 43 Nidoking (winks at Jamie), and I'm a training a lv 32 Rhyhorn, and a lv 32 Exeggcute. I stupidly gave Exeggcute Psychic already, so I can't really breed for Moonlight now - I was gonna have a lovely Sunny Day/Solarbeam/Moonlight combo, but oh well. I'll give it Sleep Powder instead. I just caught a Chansey on my first try(I hate those damn, stupid, eggy pieces of...), and I didn't even really want one, so I decided to throw it away to symbolise my hatred for it (mwahahaha). I think I used to like the thing, before I got pwned by a Blissey in WiFi, so I hate it now (but there were some droolworthy moments where my Sporing Focus Puncher Breloom beat the crap out of one or two). I am now noticing I write a lot more than anyone else, and shall stop now, and go to bed.
Oh yeah, I have 4 badges now.

I decided to catch a Clefairy. Clefable kinda sucks, but it's ingame, and I couldn't think of another Pokemon really. The last slot will be taking up by Tentacruel the moment I get myself the Fuchsia City's badge. From the times I've already played this through, I know that Muk of Koga's is a female dog. I finally caught 30 Pokemon, so I have the awesome itemfinder! Yay. Found a Soothe Bell where that dude I had to rescue from the Pokemon tower was standing (whatever his name was), and I had a bit of a fit of happiness when I found 2 leftovers where Snorlax was! Wahoooooooooooooooooo! I never realised they were there. I remember last time I played and my Primeape's Thiefing skills got me a pretty lame Chesto Berry (lame if you have no resters at least, like me).
So, I am currently still training for Koga - or maybe I should get to Sabrina first? No, I'll do Koga, then I can surf and get Tentacool, and level him up a bit in that gym.
Current Pokemon:
lv 16 Clefairy
lv 36 Exeggcute
lv 36 Rhyhorn
lv 44 Nidoking
lv 44 Charizard
lv 3 Flying Pidgey

Last edited:

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
I just caught myself a Latias in Pokemon Emerald. Reduced it's HP to 4 (through numerous encounters) before finally seeking it with my trusty Wobuffet as the first Pokemon in my lineup. I just kept tossing Ultra Balls at it, and I accually caught it with the 5th ball I tossed! And to think I bought 30 of them just to catch it...

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Woah. Did you use Mean Look, or why didn't it run away? Actually, maybe they don't run away. Lol.

I had a lot of fun with my Metronoming Clefairy. I had Growl, Earthquake, Vital Throw, Leech Seed, Flail and Sky Attack from what I can remember, but it's gone now 'cause I bought myself a Thunderbolt.
My Clefairy has changed dramatically - it's now lv 39. It has Moonlight <3
Rhydon lv 39 (it has the wonderfully cheap Horn Drill)
Exeggcute lv 38 (Sleep Powder FTW)
and the rest are the same

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
Ohh. Maybe I should carry one around...Actually, I hate it too much to do that.

zomg!!!111ONE clefairy lv 40! pwnfulness! s'gonna give dem garchomps and salamences a beatdownnnnnnnnn.

Years
  • Seen Feb 29, 2008
i havnt seen any shinys yet. im at the battle frontier (first time ever) BF makes this game 20x better then R/S

Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2011
OMFG a shiny Numel. I <3 Numels a lot. A lot a lot. So lucky! The only shiny I've had is a Kingdra on Silver, which was emmence, but I've lost that game. Oh yeah, I had a shiny Ponita there aswell. *hrmph*

I've beaten Koga. *does a dance* Exeggutor's Psychic and Charizard's Flamethrower FTW! They are all lv 46 now, and I caught a lv 9 Tentacool, which is now lv 35. Time to go to the godly training grounds of Saffron City - the Fighting Gym and the Silph Scope place = lv 50 Pokemon for Sabrina.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Meh....I accidently murdered a Shiny Mightyena in my Emerald... I was only carrying 2 Great Balls with me, and my lowest leveled Pokemon was 20 levels above the level of the Mightyena...So I threw both balls, both din't catch it, and I fainted it in frustration -.-

The only shiny I've ever gotten was a shiny Venonat on my Pokemon Gold....I missed such a good chance ><

Murky

Underworld dweller
Years
Iam not that long into my adventures in kanto at the moment but i have still got a team iam pretty happy with :)

My character is called Vine and here is his team..

Baku (lvl 25 Drowzee)
Wushu(lvl 28 Primeape)
Pyre (lvl 28 Charmeleon)
Shromi (lvl 27 Gloom)

I just about to enter the rock tunnel to lavender town and iam not looking forward to fighting countless wild zubat on my way through ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back