• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazbat028

The Only Guy With a Girlfriend
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
There's another thing.
I made a map and attached a PNG of the map when I see it in-game. What's all this blue crap and HOW do I get rid of it?

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
There's another thing.
I made a map and attached a PNG of the map when I see it in-game. What's all this blue crap and HOW do I get rid of it?
The "blue crap" is the border block. You can find it near the top right corner above the tiles used in the map (In AM). Just edit it accordingly/how it best fits.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
How do I add the PC storage systems into pokecenters I created in advancemap? Also, what are the scripts and what type of events are they?

Yup, like colcolstyles said, its in the "map" tab in A-MAP, find the right PC and place it on the map. Theres no need for an event for it to work, the picture has that bit saved to it, kinda like the ledges you can jump from, or the tall grass. It Automatically has that "script" saved to it.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Is there a way to make the "solid block" command in FR? It exists in ruby,but not here. Has it got another number?

Years
Is there a way to fix natures? I want to remove the nature system from my hack. (Read: i want to make all wild pokemon and the ones you receive have the 'docile' nature)

I know there are gameshark codes to do this for wild pokemon, and i have them. But how do i permanently implement them into the rom?

Firered gamesharks to do this are:
AA3BB0ED41CD5D95
A58F6F1BBFB13FEF
(these do not work for pokemon you receive though)

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Ugh.. Ok, I'm using a-map with a FR hacked engine, and in route 1 I have 5 trainers and 3 hidden items. My hidden Items wont work and the trainers work, but some aren't doing the movements I assigned (like run left and right, it'll do it, but only in 2 squares) and after a wild battle, suddenly my sprite is stuck, but the camara moves up and down 2 squares when I press up or down, or I take controle of a trainer on the map, then once I get in a wild battle again as the trainer and come back, the sprite changes to the hero again and the origional me is stuck where I first had the problem. I'm now the previous trainer as the hero..
Each trainer has a check on trainer and a view radius, and the script offset, and the Items are Talk always and have an amount. The only thing I can think of that may be causing this is the fact I used Trainers that origionaly had no names (in A-Trainer, trainer IDs 001, 002, 003, and 004) Other than that, WTF?! All I did was add trainers and hidden items, why is it acting like this?

OH and is it just me, or does A-MAP change OTHER UNOPENED ROMS while you edit the one you want? JHGBKHYGKUYGKUYG! I looked at a FR rom, the origional, and it had the events I added to my blank rom on it! So I deleted them from the origional and went to my project and its all gone! WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!????! THIS IS BS!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2010
I'm having a problem with the border block, i changed it to trees but when i look at it in the game they turn out as black blocks, it's wierd. Also does anyone know what the offset for your trainer backsprite is? One last thing how do you change the name of one place in advance map without changing other, i can't get the create new name thing to work so it keeps changing pallet town.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
Hi

Well I understand how do you make someone disapear by activating a flag and put it into the person ID. but I want to do the oposite. when I activated a flag the person apears..

how do I do it?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
I wasn't entirely sure where to ask, so I thought the Simple Questions would be the best place. It was too difficult trying to use the search, so I don't know if anyone's asked yet (someone probably has though).

Can I add extra moves, abilities, and Pokemon to a third gen game? If so, how/how many? Is there any way I can fit an extra 200+ Pokemon?

Also, do we know how to map edit 4th gen games yet?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Hi

Well I understand how do you make someone disapear by activating a flag and put it into the person ID. but I want to do the oposite. when I activated a flag the person apears..

how do I do it?

well, the same thing, but the opposite way.

You know how you set an unset flag in order to make someone disappear? What's the opposite? Clear a set flag!

Set the flag at the start of a game in some script, then use the clearflag thing when you need the person to appear. Simple as that.

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
It looks to me like you used the bottom row of tiles in the tileset. Well, more accurately, whoever made that ROM Base did that. I'm not 100% on this but I believe that door animations use the last couple of tiles in the secondary tileset in the VRAM so if you have tiles there, they will be overwritten with the door animation's tiles. Just move those tiles elsewhere in the tileset and redo the blocks.

Edit: It isn't fixed at all, or at least the doors act as Pokecenter doors now, or they glitch again. Here's a pic of the block I'm using, as you can see the tiles are not in the bottomrow:
View attachment 56597

Last edited:

astar_01

Creator of Pokémon Grey
Years
I was wondering how you set location art for maps in Pokémon FireRed.
An example of location art is the picture of Silph co. upon entering the building.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2021
Bugs

I had 2 little problems here

but becouse i can't seem to upload anything or something

please add me to MSN

quincyaltena1 @ live .nl
remove the spaces

tyvm

Small info:
Border problem while changing Tile set

Script problem (oak in Pallet town walks the wrong way to his pokemon center)

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Edit: It isn't fixed at all, or at least the doors act as Pokecenter doors now, or they glitch again. Here's a pic of the block I'm using, as you can see the tiles are not in the bottomrow:
View attachment 56597

Wrong bit, colcolstyles meant the middle column in Block Editor (you know, the bit where you go Picture - Save Tileset 1). Show us that.

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2021
Anyone????

I had 2 little problems here

but becouse i can't seem to upload anything or something

please add me to MSN

quincyaltena1 @ live .nl
remove the spaces

tyvm

Small info:
Border problem while changing Tile set

Script problem (oak in Pallet town walks the wrong way to his pokemon center)
Anyone knows this plzzzz?????
im realy needing help

Years
I wasn't entirely sure where to ask, so I thought the Simple Questions would be the best place. It was too difficult trying to use the search, so I don't know if anyone's asked yet (someone probably has though).

Can I add extra moves, abilities, and Pokemon to a third gen game? If so, how/how many? Is there any way I can fit an extra 200+ Pokemon?

Also, do we know how to map edit 4th gen games yet?

Firstly telling us what game you're using helps, if you're using a hacked engine, rombase, etc etc.

Depends what you mean by extra moves, if you mean brand new moves like Thunder Wing or something like that then I'd say it's possible but you would have a HELL OF A LOT OF WORK AHEAD OF YOU. As you would have to do animations, and most probably ASM (Assembly code) work.

No you cannot fit an extra 200 Pokémon, you can only replace current Pokémon or possibly add a small amount, but nothing close to 200 to my knowledge.

"Too difficult to use search" .... o_O
What?
It's not that hard, you'd search for "new pokémon" or "new moves"
Anyways that wasn't your question, and I hope I at least answered it somewhat, if anyone else with more knowledge would like to correct me, go ahead.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2014
well, the same thing, but the opposite way.

You know how you set an unset flag in order to make someone disappear? What's the opposite? Clear a set flag!

Set the flag at the start of a game in some script, then use the clearflag thing when you need the person to appear. Simple as that.

thank you ! It realy is simple ! I just didnt knew you could clear flgas ;)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2017
Firstly telling us what game you're helps, if you're using a hacked engine, rombase, etc etc.
>.< Right, sorry, gah, I probably should've have decided to tackle something difficult without actually doing some damn research.
Erm, I'm hacking a plain Emerald (no extra patches, and not previously hacked as far as I know). And what's a ROMbase?

Depends what you mean by extra moves, if you mean brand new moves like Thunder Wing or something like that then I'd say it's possible but you would have a HELL OF A LOT OF WORK AHEAD OF YOU. As you would have to do animations, and most probably ASM (Assembly code) work.
By extra moves, I meant adding, say, Dark Pulse to Emerald (I apologise for being so unclear before). Looks like I'll probably just skip this for now, until I actually learn what to do...

No you cannot fit an extra 200 Pokémon, you can only replace current Pokémon or possibly add a small amount, but nothing close to 200 to my knowledge.
Oh, okay, thanks.

"Too difficult to use search" .... o_O
What?
It's not that hard, you'd search for "new pokémon" or "new moves"
Anyways that wasn't your question, and I hope I at least answered it somewhat, if anyone else with more knowledge would like to correct me, go ahead.
Well, Pokemon and moves would have yielded too many results (or may just have been omitted because of how common it is), and I didn't think that it would have been recently asked, so in case there was any new advancement in the past whenever, I felt it was better to ask.

I suppose this raises a new question; if I want to learn how to hack Emerald, what should I start learning? I know next to nothing, besides toying with the odd tool here or there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back