Competitive Pokémon The forum designed for all of your competitive Pokémon needs! Here you can discuss the metagame, receive help on your team, ask for battles, participate in events, and much more!
Quick Links: PC's Battle Server

Draconius GO
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #551    
Old January 9th, 2017 (5:49 PM).
Smash Brony's Avatar
Smash Brony Smash Brony is offline
Cool Dude
     
    Join Date: Oct 2016
    Location: Ponyville
    Age: 27
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 74
    I have been very curious about Mudsdale...
    What tier is it & what are good movesets for it?

    Relevant Advertising!

      #552    
    Old January 9th, 2017 (9:08 PM).
    PlatinumDude's Avatar
    PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
    Nyeh?
    • Gold Tier
     
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Canada
    Age: 23
    Gender: Male
    Nature: Hasty
    Posts: 12,918
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smash Brony View Post
    I have been very curious about Mudsdale...
    What tier is it & what are good movesets for it?
    It's tiered in UU (or below) for now. It's not good enough in OU because of its shallow offensive move pool and lack of recovery outside of Rest. I don't know any good Mudsdale sets commonly run, but start with any of these:
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide/Heavy Slam/Roar
    -Rest
    -Sleep Talk
    Nature: Impish
    EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Stamina

    or
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide
    -Heavy Slam
    -Close Combat/Superpower
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Stamina

    To be honest, Hippowdon, Therian Landorus, Garchomp, Gliscor, and Zygarde (and Gastrodon to a lesser extent) outclass Mudsdale as a bulky Ground Pokemon.
    __________________

      #553    
    Old January 10th, 2017 (1:19 PM).
    Smash Brony's Avatar
    Smash Brony Smash Brony is offline
    Cool Dude
       
      Join Date: Oct 2016
      Location: Ponyville
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 74
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
      It's tiered in UU (or below) for now. It's not good enough in OU because of its shallow offensive move pool and lack of recovery outside of Rest. I don't know any good Mudsdale sets commonly run, but start with any of these:
      -Earthquake
      -Rock Slide/Heavy Slam/Roar
      -Rest
      -Sleep Talk
      Nature: Impish
      EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
      Item: Leftovers
      Ability: Stamina

      or
      -Earthquake
      -Rock Slide
      -Heavy Slam
      -Close Combat/Superpower
      Nature: Adamant
      EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
      Item: Choice Band
      Ability: Stamina

      To be honest, Hippowdon, Therian Landorus, Garchomp, Gliscor, and Zygarde (and Gastrodon to a lesser extent) outclass Mudsdale as a bulky Ground Pokemon.
      Tch...
      Had a feeling that it would be UU...
      Thanks for replying!
        #554    
      Old January 10th, 2017 (6:25 PM).
      WingedDragon's Avatar
      WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
      Competitive Trainer
         
        Join Date: May 2012
        Location: Milwaukee, WI
        Age: 30
        Gender: Male
        Nature: Serious
        Posts: 1,279
        Does anyone think Non Mega Khan will be useful this year?
        __________________
        X- 2406 5987 8799
        PS3 - Mkeborn87
        IGN - Adrian
          #555    
        Old January 11th, 2017 (4:56 AM).
        Nah's Avatar
        Nah Nah is offline
        • Moderator
         
        Join Date: Nov 2013
        Location: over there
        Age: 25
        Gender: Female
        Posts: 11,744
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by WingedDragon View Post
        Does anyone think Non Mega Khan will be useful this year?
        Its mega evolution was the only reason it literally ever saw any use at all, so I find it highly unlikely regular Kangaskhan will suddenly become useful.
        __________________
        NAH

        "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

        D&D6th Gen
          #556    
        Old January 11th, 2017 (7:00 AM).
        WingedDragon's Avatar
        WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
        Competitive Trainer
           
          Join Date: May 2012
          Location: Milwaukee, WI
          Age: 30
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Serious
          Posts: 1,279
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Colonel Minion View Post
          Its mega evolution was the only reason it literally ever saw any use at all, so I find it highly unlikely regular Kangaskhan will suddenly become useful.
          I am looking for a 6 member and the z item likely Would Snorlax be suitable
          __________________
          X- 2406 5987 8799
          PS3 - Mkeborn87
          IGN - Adrian
            #557    
          Old January 11th, 2017 (7:52 AM).
          PlatinumDude's Avatar
          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
          Nyeh?
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Canada
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 12,918
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by WingedDragon View Post
          I am looking for a 6 member and the z item likely Would Snorlax be suitable
          I don't think so. Even if you're thinking about using Pulverizing Pancake on it, don't, since you have to spend a moveslot on Giga Impact, a subpar attack in general. If you're looking for some viable Z move users, there are Tapu Bulu (Grass), Arcanine (Fire), and Garchomp (Ground):

          Tapu Bulu:
          -Wood Hammer
          -Horn Leech
          -Superpower/Taunt
          -Protect
          Nature: Adamant
          EVs: 252 HP/192 Atk/4 Def/36 SDef/20 Spe
          Item: Grassier Z

          Arcanine:
          -Flamethrower/Overheat/Burn Up
          -Snarl
          -Will-o-Wisp
          -Roar/Protect/Helping Hand/Morning Sun
          Nature: Timid
          EVs: 252 HP/100 SDef/156 Spe
          Item: Sitrus Berry/Firium Z/Safety Goggles
          Ability: Intimidate

          or
          -Flare Blitz
          -Wild Charge
          -Extreme Speed
          -Protect/Close Combat/Crunch
          Nature: Adamant/Jolly
          EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
          Item: Firium Z/Life Orb/Choice Band
          Ability: Intimidate

          Garchomp:
          -Dragon Claw
          -Earthquake
          -Rock Slide/Poison Jab
          -Protect
          Nature: Jolly
          EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
          Item: Groundium Z/Focus Sash

          If you're looking for a bulky Normal, just use Porygon2 because it's very bulky with Eviolite and still hits decently hard:
          -Trick Room
          -Tri Attack/Thunderbolt
          -Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Toxic
          -Recover
          Nature: Quiet
          EVs: 252 HP/156 SAtk/100 SDef
          Item: Eviolite
          __________________

            #558    
          Old January 11th, 2017 (8:15 AM).
          LeviathanX's Avatar
          LeviathanX LeviathanX is offline
          Emperor of the End
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2013
          Age: 23
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 1,041
          How can a Meteor Form Minior outspeed a Carracosta whose Speed was raised by two stages due to Shell Smash? Is this only possible if the Minior was scarfed? This happened to me in Battle Spot and I'm slightly confused as to why.
          __________________
          nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
            #559    
          Old January 11th, 2017 (9:40 AM).
          PlatinumDude's Avatar
          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
          Nyeh?
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Canada
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 12,918
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LeviathanX View Post
          How can a Meteor Form Minior outspeed a Carracosta whose Speed was raised by two stages due to Shell Smash? Is this only possible if the Minior was scarfed? This happened to me in Battle Spot and I'm slightly confused as to why.
          Did Minior use its own Shell Smash on a previous turn? Does your Carracosta run no Speed EVs whatsoever? (not recommended because Carracosta needs all the Speed it can get on Shell Smashs sets)
          __________________

            #560    
          Old January 11th, 2017 (10:25 AM).
          LeviathanX's Avatar
          LeviathanX LeviathanX is offline
          Emperor of the End
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2013
          Age: 23
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 1,041
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
          Did Minior use its own Shell Smash on a previous turn? Does your Carracosta run no Speed EVs whatsoever? (not recommended because Carracosta needs all the Speed it can get on Shell Smashs sets)
          I don't believe they did. I have saved the Battle video for this though so I can recheck this. And no I don't, but I am definitely going to change it after this mess. I can believe if a pokemon that is renowned for its speed can still beat the turtle after a Shell Smash, but Minior's speed stat isn't that daunting? Hmm. Perhaps I'll go and crunch some numbers concerning this matter.
            #561    
          Old January 11th, 2017 (10:28 AM).
          PlatinumDude's Avatar
          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
          Nyeh?
          • Gold Tier
           
          Join Date: Aug 2010
          Location: Canada
          Age: 23
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Hasty
          Posts: 12,918
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by LeviathanX View Post
          I don't believe they did. I have saved the Battle video for this though so I can recheck this. And no I don't, but I am definitely going to change it after this mess. I can believe if a pokemon that is renowned for its speed can still beat the turtle after a Shell Smash, but Minior's speed stat isn't that daunting? Hmm. Perhaps I'll go and crunch some numbers concerning this matter.
          Your Carracosta's Speed IV should be taken into account also. A Speed IV of 31 is preferred in competitive battling to ensure that an offensive Pokemon outspeeds as much as possible.

          Keep in mind that Meteor Minior has 60 base Speed while its Core form has 120 base Speed (when Shields Down activates at 50% HP or less).
          __________________

            #562    
          Old January 11th, 2017 (10:46 AM).
          LeviathanX's Avatar
          LeviathanX LeviathanX is offline
          Emperor of the End
          • Crystal Tier
           
          Join Date: Jun 2013
          Age: 23
          Gender: Female
          Nature: Quiet
          Posts: 1,041
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
          Your Carracosta's Speed IV should be taken into account also. A Speed IV of 31 is preferred in competitive battling to ensure that an offensive Pokemon outspeeds as much as possible.

          Keep in mind that Meteor Minior has 60 base Speed while its Core form has 120 base Speed (when Shields Down activates at 50% HP or less).
          Yup! I have, thanks. I've got 31 IVs in Speed for this guy, and I am sure it was Meteor Minior that got to my turtle. I have totted up the math as well and as it turns out, without any EV investment in Carracosta's speeed, a scarfed Meteor Minior (assuming it has 31 IV and 0 EV in speed and a favourable nature that doesn't harm Speed) can still outrun the turtle!

          Carracosta after Shell Smash: Speed - 358
          Scarfed Meteor Minior: 360

          At least two points! Dang! I have learnt my lesson, haha.
            #563    
          Old January 11th, 2017 (12:55 PM).
          WingedDragon's Avatar
          WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
          Competitive Trainer
             
            Join Date: May 2012
            Location: Milwaukee, WI
            Age: 30
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Serious
            Posts: 1,279
            Is Levitate not a Gengar ability anymore?
            __________________
            X- 2406 5987 8799
            PS3 - Mkeborn87
            IGN - Adrian
              #564    
            Old January 11th, 2017 (1:24 PM). Edited January 11th, 2017 by Frozocrone.
            Frozocrone's Avatar
            Frozocrone Frozocrone is online now
            Fighting a bigger fight
               
              Join Date: May 2014
              Location: Derby, England
              Age: 24
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 1,476
              Correct. Gengar now has Cursed Body.
              __________________
              3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)



              Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
                #565    
              Old January 11th, 2017 (6:05 PM).
              WingedDragon's Avatar
              WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
              Competitive Trainer
                 
                Join Date: May 2012
                Location: Milwaukee, WI
                Age: 30
                Gender: Male
                Nature: Serious
                Posts: 1,279
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
                Correct. Gengar now Cursed Body.
                Well thats a bunch of crap lol
                __________________
                X- 2406 5987 8799
                PS3 - Mkeborn87
                IGN - Adrian
                  #566    
                Old January 11th, 2017 (6:17 PM).
                Frozocrone's Avatar
                Frozocrone Frozocrone is online now
                Fighting a bigger fight
                   
                  Join Date: May 2014
                  Location: Derby, England
                  Age: 24
                  Gender: Male
                  Posts: 1,476
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by WingedDragon View Post
                  Well thats a bunch of crap lol
                  Now you can Disable that Earthquake instead of avoiding it. Isn't that so much better?!
                  __________________
                  3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)



                  Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
                    #567    
                  Old January 11th, 2017 (8:50 PM).
                  WingedDragon's Avatar
                  WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
                  Competitive Trainer
                     
                    Join Date: May 2012
                    Location: Milwaukee, WI
                    Age: 30
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Serious
                    Posts: 1,279
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
                    Now you can Disable that Earthquake instead of avoiding it. Isn't that so much better?!
                    If cursed body was a 70% chance of working yes but its only 30 so that sucks. Also with cursed body it has to be a contact move to disable it. So that doesnt apply to earthquake.
                    __________________
                    X- 2406 5987 8799
                    PS3 - Mkeborn87
                    IGN - Adrian
                      #568    
                    Old January 11th, 2017 (9:09 PM).
                    PlatinumDude's Avatar
                    PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                    Nyeh?
                    • Gold Tier
                     
                    Join Date: Aug 2010
                    Location: Canada
                    Age: 23
                    Gender: Male
                    Nature: Hasty
                    Posts: 12,918
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by WingedDragon View Post
                    If cursed body was a 70% chance of working yes but its only 30 so that sucks. Also with cursed body it has to be a contact move to disable it. So that doesnt apply to earthquake.
                    Wrong. Cursed Body works on all offensive moves. That being said, Gengar is still too frail to take advantage of it.
                    __________________

                      #569    
                    Old January 12th, 2017 (1:20 AM).
                    Frozocrone's Avatar
                    Frozocrone Frozocrone is online now
                    Fighting a bigger fight
                       
                      Join Date: May 2014
                      Location: Derby, England
                      Age: 24
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 1,476
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by WingedDragon View Post
                      If cursed body was a 70% chance of working yes but its only 30 so that sucks. Also with cursed body it has to be a contact move to disable it. So that doesnt apply to earthquake.
                      Don't worry, I was being sarcastic. There are two reasons why Gengar dropped down to Alpha UU and Cursed Body was one.
                      __________________
                      3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)



                      Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
                        #570    
                      Old January 12th, 2017 (6:14 AM).
                      Nah's Avatar
                      Nah Nah is offline
                      • Moderator
                       
                      Join Date: Nov 2013
                      Location: over there
                      Age: 25
                      Gender: Female
                      Posts: 11,744
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
                      There are two reasons why Gengar dropped down to Alpha UU and Cursed Body was one.
                      So what was the other reason then?
                      __________________
                      NAH

                      "Heh, I'm not scared of you!"

                      D&D6th Gen
                        #571    
                      Old January 12th, 2017 (6:25 AM).
                      Frozocrone's Avatar
                      Frozocrone Frozocrone is online now
                      Fighting a bigger fight
                         
                        Join Date: May 2014
                        Location: Derby, England
                        Age: 24
                        Gender: Male
                        Posts: 1,476
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Colonel Minion View Post
                        So what was the other reason then?
                        Power creep.

                        A lot of OU monsters have dropped too (such as Dragonite, Keldeo, Gliscor, Latias). I think Gengar will be great in UU, but it's glory days in OU are long gone.
                        __________________
                        3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)



                        Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545
                          #572    
                        Old January 12th, 2017 (9:19 AM).
                        WingedDragon's Avatar
                        WingedDragon WingedDragon is offline
                        Competitive Trainer
                           
                          Join Date: May 2012
                          Location: Milwaukee, WI
                          Age: 30
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Serious
                          Posts: 1,279
                          Are there any updated damage calculation sites? I want to see able to bulk up to nerf bloom doom
                          __________________
                          X- 2406 5987 8799
                          PS3 - Mkeborn87
                          IGN - Adrian
                            #573    
                          Old January 12th, 2017 (12:00 PM).
                          PlatinumDude's Avatar
                          PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                          Nyeh?
                          • Gold Tier
                           
                          Join Date: Aug 2010
                          Location: Canada
                          Age: 23
                          Gender: Male
                          Nature: Hasty
                          Posts: 12,918
                          Quote:
                          Originally Posted by WingedDragon View Post
                          Are there any updated damage calculation sites? I want to see able to bulk up to nerf bloom doom
                          https://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

                          It's already been updated. You can fiddle with the base powers of moves if you have to.
                          __________________

                            #574    
                          Old January 16th, 2017 (10:46 AM). Edited January 16th, 2017 by WANDERING-POKEMON-TRAINER.
                          WANDERING-POKEMON-TRAINER's Avatar
                          WANDERING-POKEMON-TRAINER WANDERING-POKEMON-TRAINER is offline
                             
                            Join Date: Apr 2016
                            Location: Little root.
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Bold
                            Posts: 159
                            Here's what I'm thinking.

                            Toxapex @ Black Sludge
                            Ability: Regenerator
                            Nature: Bold
                            Moves: Haze, Toxic, Sleep Talk, Recover

                            But then I though to myself, "Wait, wouldn't a simple taunt completely shut down my Toxapex?" I could always switch out Sleep Talk with Infestation, and then I'd be good. But I feel like I need Sleep Talk with me just in case, ya know (Naruto reference). Everyone knows Toxapex is a beast so they'd definitely try and put me down so they could have their way with me. Aahhhhhh, I don't know what to do! Hellllpppp!

                            So then I thought I'd go with...

                            Toxapex @ Black Sludge
                            Ability: Rgenerator
                            Nature: Bold
                            Moves: Haze, Toxic, Scald, Recover

                            What do you guys think?
                              #575    
                            Old January 16th, 2017 (11:02 AM).
                            PlatinumDude's Avatar
                            PlatinumDude PlatinumDude is offline
                            Nyeh?
                            • Gold Tier
                             
                            Join Date: Aug 2010
                            Location: Canada
                            Age: 23
                            Gender: Male
                            Nature: Hasty
                            Posts: 12,918
                            The second Toxapex set is the best set because it's not complete Taunt bait, which the first set is. Sleep Talk is best used with Rest to avoid being a sitting duck, or on Choice sets (on Pokemon with rather shallow move pools) so the Pokemon can do something while it's asleep.
                            __________________

                            Closed Thread

                            Quick Reply

                            Join the conversation!

                            Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                            Create a PokéCommunity Account

                            Sponsored Links
                            Thread Tools

                            Posting Rules
                            You may not post new threads
                            You may not post replies
                            You may not post attachments
                            You may not edit your posts

                            BB code is On
                            Smilies are On
                            [IMG] code is On
                            HTML code is Off

                            Forum Jump


                            All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:36 PM.