The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Previous Generations
1st Gen Travel Journal

Closed Thread

Old March 3rd, 2016 (5:51 PM).
Don't tread on me.

Nature: Quirky
    I have been playing quite a bit on my Virtual Console version of Yellow. Today, I managed to beat Koga with my team mostly around levels 30-35. That was only because I used my Ninetales' Flamethrower to burn through Koga's three Venonat and his Level 50 Venomoth. I don't recall his team being this highly leveled... XD

Currently, I am trying to level grind my team a bit before saving Silph Co. from Team Rocket.

Player name: Buddy
    Time: 17:09

Current Team:

-Amber (Magmar, Level 15...thanks, Mew glitch!)
    -Jin (Farfetch'd, Level 35)
    -Renee (Wartortle, Level 33)
    -Chacha (Pikachu, Level 31)
    -Terry (Rhyhorn, Level 32)

Relevant Advertising!

Old March 3rd, 2016 (9:52 PM).
    Darkinium Z

Nature: Sassy
    Did the usual Cerulean City stuff tonight. I first beat Misty, then after that went to the bridge and dealt with Team Rocket. Along the way I got Charmander as a gift, named him Zuko, and visited Bill. Trained Zuko until he evolved into Charmelon. Thinking I'll go ahead to Vermillion City next. Oh, and used the moonstone to evolve Dash into Nidoking as his Yellow movepool isn't too great without TMs, lol.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 23
    -Thundershock
    -Double Team
    -Slam
    -Quick Attack

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 24
    -Poison Sting
    -Mega Punch
    -Horn Attack
    -Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 22
    -Peck
    -Growl
    -Leer
    -Fury Attack

Charmelon (Zuko) - Lv 20
    -Scratch
    -Dig
    -Ember
    -Leer

"Meowth are all right. They don't care who you are or anything."
    Foul Play [Chapter Four up!]
    Old March 4th, 2016 (4:18 AM).
    Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Relaxed
      Just started Yellow on VC, got my Pikachu at level 7 and heading into the Forest, id forgotten how basic Gen 1 was! Still fun though.

Badges: 0
      Time: 00:10
      Team:

Pikachu (Faratay)
      Lv. 7
      - Thundershock
      - Some other moves i've not used
      Side Games : N64: Pokemon Stadium, Mobile: Pokemon Go
      Friend Code : 3583-1391-5475
      Old March 4th, 2016 (7:13 AM). Edited March 4th, 2016 by Banz.

Playing Yellow. Here is a summary of what I've done so far:
        - Got Pikachu. Caught Mankey and Caterpie near Viridian City. Evolved Caterpie to Butterfree.
        - Beat Brock using Mankey.
        - Crossed Mount Moon. Got the Dome Fossil.
        - Caught Abra on Route 5. I didn't know that Abra are no longer found on Routes 24 and 25 and spent a lot of time searching for one there. Performed Mew Glitch using the trainer on Route 24. Also got Charmander there.
        - Beat Misty using Butterfree and Pikachu. Put Butterfree and Mankey in the Box.
        - Got Bulbasaur. This one has a really good Special stat, must have very high DVs.
        - Went to SS Anne, got Cut and beat Surge. Went back to Route 2 via Diglett's Cave. Bulbasaur evolved into Ivysaur here.
        - I came back to Cerulean City via Mount Moon, and crossed the Rock Tunnel to reach Lavender Town. Butterfree was my Flash Pokemon and designated Zubat killer. Charmander and Squirtle evolved in the Cave.

So far I have caught every single Pokémon available on all the routes so far. I haven't evolved them all yet.
        Also all Pokémon are under level 30. I am taking care to not get them overlevelled.
        Old March 4th, 2016 (7:17 AM).
        Spectre Agent

Nature: Serious
        I did not do much yesterday. My events started with me getting the Good Rod. I then headed over to the Safari Zone to catch more Pokemon. While I was there, I encountered a wild Kangaskhan which ran after I attempted to catch it. I was a lot more successful with the second wild Pinsir I encountered. I then headed over to the gym to battle Koga.

The battle with Koga was interesting. During the battle, I managed to freeze his Weezing despite the fact that Garland has gotten poisoned by it earlier. After I defeated Koga, I headed a bit east of Route 11 to get the Itemfinder. I then flew back to Saffron to get ready to remove Team Rocket from Silph Co. My next objective is to go through Silph Co. to get rid of Team Rocket. I have seen 99 Pokemon and owned 34.

Final Fantasy Villains Team
        Garland (Blastoise)
        Lv. 49
        Moves: Ice Beam, Skull Bash, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
        Lv. 45
        Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Dig, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
        Lv. 31
        Moves: Double Kick, Meditate, Strength

Cid (Snorlax)
        Lv. 31
        Moves: Headbutt, Toxic, Rest, Skull Bash

Zemus (to be caught)
        Exdeath (to be caught)

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio
        Old March 4th, 2016 (9:02 PM).
        Just call me EC.

Today I managed to clear out the route East of Cerulean City, Rock Tunnel, and the route above Lavender Town. Hit the Pokemon Center in Lavender Town and saved.

Current team:
        Wartortle (Level 30)
        Nidorina (Level 29)
        Parasect (Level 30)

I plan on using the Moon Stone on Nidorina once it hits level 30, and hopefully I'll be adding a fourth team member soon.
        Old March 4th, 2016 (11:52 PM). Edited March 5th, 2016 by Bay.
        Darkinium Z

Some new stuff happened. I visited Vermillion City, and after a bit of detour went to the route pass Diglett's cave to catch myself a Drowzee. I then trained my Pokemon in Diglett's Cave after someone in one of the threads said it's a decent place to grind. That proved to be frustrating at times because sometimes the Diglett (and Dugtrio) can outspeed you with Dig, lol. I then decided to go to SS Anne with me able to defeat my rival fairly easy with just my Charmelon. Same thing when I went against Lt Surge. Last thing I did was making a short pitstop to get Flash.

Trying to decide now if I should grind a bit more in Diglett's Cave or go forward with the main story and head to Rock Tunnel/Lavender Town. I do want to get myself my last team member though (Eevee/Vaporeon)...

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 28
        -Thundershock
        -Thunderbolt
        -Slam
        -Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 27
        -Poison Sting
        -Mega Punch
        -Horn Attack
        -Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 27
        -Peck
        -Growl
        -Mirror Move
        -Fury Attack

Charmelon (Zuko) - Lv 30
        -Scratch
        -Dig
        -Ember
        -Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 26
        -Pound
        -Flash
        -Headbutt
        -Confusion

Old March 5th, 2016 (6:23 AM). Edited March 7th, 2016 by Retro Bug.

Nature: Timid
        I finally got the game after some unexpected challenges.

I started! Whoo! Got my starter and went to Route 22 to capture Nidoran, which was a pain. I didn't realize how bad a 5% encounter rate was, I killed the first Nidoran because it was Lv. 3 and I wanted a Lv. 4. Then it took me an hour to find the next Nidoran and when I found it I did one Tackle and it was a critical hit and fainted Nidoran. Finally, I found another after 15 minutes, caught it and as I was leaving the grass a wild Pokemon appeared... yeah, you guessed it Nidoran. -____-;

Here's my team before I face Brock:

Hathor Lv. 16
        - Tackle
        - Tail Whip
        - Bubble
        - Water Gun

Horus Lv. 12
        - Leer
        - Tackle
        - Horn Attack

"I'm ready for a nap..."
        [YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
        Pokémon:

The Meta Journey
        Old March 5th, 2016 (9:52 AM).
        (๑꒪▿꒪)*

[ Haven't had many chances to play this week since I was busy but now it's the weekend and I have a little more time. <3

Got out of Cerulean Cave finally and defeated Misty. Glad I have Pikachu and Thunder Wave since it was so insanely helpful this fight, especially with Pika's low defenses. Almost on my way to Thunderbolt.

This was also my first time doing the Mew glitch... ever. So I'm proud to finally have one of my own even if it wasn't obtained in the most legitimate way.

Current Team:

Mankey | Lv. 21
        Scratch, Dig, Low Kick, Karate Chop

Pikachu | Lv. 21
        Thundershock, Quick Attack, Double Team, Thunder Wave

Spearow | Lv. 12
        Peck, Growl, Leer

Clefable | Lv. 20
        Pound, Growl, Thunder Wave, Bubble Beam
        (need Body Slam for her gah!)

Oddish | Lv. 12
        Absorb

Mew | Lv. 7
        Pound

I decided to not use a flyer on my team and only have it for the HM since I've already planned out five team members and it's getting hard to fit in another without being severely underleveled.

Time to make my way to Vermillion and train this little pink ball of cute! :D ]

pair family twin mal llsif bandori battle server
        Old March 5th, 2016 (10:55 AM).
        Peace sells, but who's buying?

After taking a two day break from the game, I decided to play again and progress through the water routes. Everyone except Eric (even Charles and Isabella despite the type disadvantage) all gained a level or two from defeating all the swimmers. After reaching Cinnabar Island from Pallet Town (and abusing the Old Man Glitch while I was there, yay cloned Master Balls!), I decided to head to Seafoam Islands to catch stuff. Despite saying I'll leave Articuno for later, I changed my mind and decided to battle it now (even though I'm very underleveled). Instead of just lobbing my Master Ball at Articuno, I decided to try to capture the Ice Bird without it first. Thankfully, it didn't fire an Ice Beam at Raff while I was trying to put it to sleep. She wasn't even 2HKOed by Peck! It's either because Peck is weak, Raff is awesome, or both! Anyway, four Ultra Balls later, and Articuno was caught! Then I reset the game and lobbed the cloned Master Ball at it. At least you have Mew to keep you company in the Box, Articuno. The other birds and Mewtwo will eventually join you guys, too!

I didn't really do much else yet in Cinnabar Island, and I completely ignored the lab. None of the trades interest me, Metronome is too inconsistent to be worth picking up, and since I can Mew Glitch the fossils, I don't need to revive them. Next time, Pokemon Mansion, Chelsea destroying Blaine and the rest of his Gym, Power Plant and Zapdos, and grind for Giovanni if necessary.

Current team:
          Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 43)
          Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 43)
          Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 43)
          Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 43)
          Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 43)
          Charles the Charizard (Lv. 43)

Name: Shadow
          Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

"The circumstances of ones' birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
          -Mewtwo

Old March 5th, 2016 (3:59 PM). Edited March 6th, 2016 by SaniOKh.
          The Cynical Completionist

Nature: Lonely
            Well... despite having a full team on my Red version, I still wasn't satisfied. Something bugged me. And then I got what it was: Mew. It is great, but I don't like using legendaries. Last time I played Red (after replacing my battery on the Red cartridge and to try out the Super Game Boy) I used Mew on my team as half HM slave, half last resort. This time, however, I decided to put it into a box and pick another Psychic-type Pokémon. I opened my notepad and planned out the teams for the other two versions, with the intent of not using the same Pokémon more than once. After thinking about what Psychic-type I could use to replace Mew, I ended up choosing Hypno. The problem was, however, that there was no one left on my team who could use Fly. Charizard was an obvious candidate for that, but he can't learn Fly in Pokémon Red! So... I put the Red version on stasis and started the Yellow version for the time being, all I wanted was to get to the point where I'd get the HM02, then trade my Charizard from Red there, teach it Fly, send it back and resume playing Red.

Red playthrough stops here. Yellow playthrough starts here.

So, here I am, Yellow version. Just like what I did in Red, I did some grinding from the very start, demolished Blue west of Viridian City and returned to Pallet Town to get my free 5 Pokéballs. Between the free balls and the ones I bought, I could catch quite a few Pokémon, but ended up boxing all of them, except for a Nidoran♂ who stayed on my team.

During the trek through Viridian Forest, I used Nidoran♂ almost exclusively (especially against cocoon Pokémon, for more experience :) ) and by the time I got to Pewter City, it knew Double Kick. Brock went down without a problem. Not much to say about what happened in Route 4 and Mt Moon, everything went as planned.

I got to Cerulean, fought Blue and got to Bill's house. In the meantime, Nidoran♂ tried evolving, but I held it back: it was one level away from learning Poison Pin, so I thought I'd just let it learn it. One level later, I let it evolve. By the way, I got both Bulbasaur and Charmander, and simply boxed them. Every time I play Yellow, I feel obligated to use the three starters, this time I made a conscious effort to NOT use them. Besides, I already had a Poison type in Nidorino.

I got back to Cerulean, battled the Team Rocket member and went south to capture an Abra... yeah, the Mew glitch just became a thing for me to do every time I play Gen 1. I caught Mew, and then boxed both Mew and Abra, as I had another Psychic-type in mind. I followed with a battle against Misty, where I used Pikachu's Double Team a lot during the battle against Staryu, and Starmie couldn't touch me even once.

What I did after this was... less orthodox. I traded Pikachu and a Sandshrew to my Red version and taught them Flash and Cut respectively before trading them back. Instead of going to Vermillion , I decided to go to the Rock Tunnel, at first simply because I wanted to add the next member to my team: Machop. Right then and there, I realized that both my Pokémon were weak against Ground-types, and there were a lot of Hikers on the route leading to the Rock Tunnel, but I persisted. Despite having lost three times, I persisted and emerged victorious. In the meantime, I ended up giving my Nidorino a Moon Stone, and the Dig TM to a Machop I caught and kept as a permanent member of my team.

I headed to Celadon, got the HM02... and then just decided to keep playing until I got my entire team in Yellow as well, which was not shaping up to be an easy task, as the Flying Pokémon I wanted on my team was Aerodactyl, which meant I had to go to Cinnabar Island. But, whatever, I persisted. I went to the Rocket Hideout, wiping most of the guys with Machop using Dig, and Machop ended up evolving. As soon as it did, I traded it back and forth to make it evolve again. I then went to meet Giovanni for the first time, and between Tunnel and Low Kick, Machamp had no problem with Giovanni at all.

I bought a drink for the guard and unlocked Saffron. Before going to Lavender Town, I decided to at least be chronologically consistent with meeting Blue and, before going to the Pokémon Tower, went to the SS Anne (battling trainers on the route between Saffron and Vermilion) simply to meet and battle him. Immediately after this, I went back to the Pokémon Tower and met him there again. And after that I realized, once more, that I might be a little underleveled for this place: the Ghost Pokémon dominated over me with Night Shade. But I kept pressing on, and eventually found Mr Fuji, who gave me the Pokéflute.

I went south, captured the first Snorlax, and received the Super Rod, which was instrumental to get the Water Pokémon I had in mind. Immediately after this, I captured the other Snorlax and, while avoiding absolutely everyone on the Cycling Road, fished out and caught the fourth member of my team: a Shellder. Immediately upon arriving to Fuschia, I went to the Safari Zone and, while looking for the Surf HM and Baoba's dentures, I caught the fifth member of my team: Exeggcute.

To make my team complete, I needed to be able to use Surf. But for that, I needed to battle Koga. As my third Gym Leader! And, predictably enough, between being absolutely underleveled and my two most powerful Pokémon (Nidoking and Machamp) being weak to Psychic-type moves that Koga's minions absolutely love to use (and, by the way: it is supposed to be a POISON-type Gym, guys!!!) , I got my rear end handed to me more times than necessary. But, being stubborn, I persisted. With a team varying between levels 20 and 35, Koga's level 40-50 Pokémon were a pain! I used Pikachu's Double Team a lot during my battle against the three Venonats, but the last one ended up knocking it out. I lucked out against the level 50 Venomoth: my low-levelled Shellder managed to use Supersonic on it, and got knocked out immediately after; and then Machamp finished the bug off with two or three uses of Strength while Venomoth battled with its own confusion. And that's how I got the Soul Badge as my third badge... yeah, I've said before, this is one unorthodox playthrough.

Without Lt Surge's badge, I couldn't use Fly, so I travelled back to Pewter City through the Cycling Road (again, while avoiding everybody) and Diglett's Cave. I got the Old Amber, pulled the Sandshrew with Cut from the PC, went south while bypassing the Viridian Forest (I got the HM05 while I was at it), and then went straight to Cinnabar Island to revive Aerodactyl. I then headed back north to Pewter City (going through Viridian Forest this time, as Sandshrew went back to the box the moment I got Aerodactyl) and crossed Diglett's Cave.

This is when I decided to get the playthrough back on track and train my new recruits while I was at it. The SS Anne was my next destination. But then, I remembered why I started this playthrough in the first place: I needed Fly for my Charizard on Pokémon Red. So I traded Charizard here and taught it Fly before trading it back.

So, my Yellow team, as of now, is:
            • Pikachu L33
            • Nidoking L30
            • Machamp L36
            • Shellder (I still want it to learn good moves before evolving it) L26
            • Exeggcute (ditto) L27
            • Aerodactyl L30

Yellow playthrough stops here. Red playthrough resumes here.

And now I was back to Red.
            With Charizard knowing Fly, Mew went back to the PC, and a previously caught (and ignored) Drowzee replaced it and learned Flash. I wiped out everyone on the route between Lavender and Saffron, and then went for Erika's Gym. Drowzee was still too weak, so I ended up switching it after the first turn every time I called it, and by the time I got to Erika herself, most of my team were either poisoned or paralyzed because of that. Nevertheless, I prevailed thanks to Charizard and Fly.

After this, I caught the other Snorlax (the one south of Lavender) and ended up wiping out everyone on the routes between Lavender, Fuschia and Celadon. As a result, Seel and Drowzee both evolved.

I'm now entering the Sylph Co building. I'm not going to just go to the end, I fully intend on beating each and every one of the Team Rocket members present there.

Team:
            • Charizard L37
            • Parasect L34
            • Golem L35
            • Electabuzz L36
            • Dewgong L35
            • Hypno L35

Friend codes:
            Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
            PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
            Old March 5th, 2016 (11:19 PM).
            Darkinium Z

More stuff happened in today's playthrough. After going through Rock Tunnel, visited Lavender Town a brief moment before heading to Celadon City. I went to the mansion to get Eevee, which I nicknamed Undyne, and then went to the department store so I can buy a water stone and evolved it into a Vaporeon. I then bought some Fresh Water for the girl so that I can get Ice Beam, but I gave water to her twice because my items my full lol (I went to sell some TMs I don't need).

Next I went against Erika's gym. The battles weren't that hard, but the annoying parts were how my Charmelon kept getting poisoned and paralyzed. Even worse when some of them would use Wrap/Bind. @[email protected] Nonetheless, I was able to get my fourth badge in the end.

My next objective is going to Rocket's Hideout in the game corner. WELCOME TO GIOVANNI'S WILD RIDE, I WANT TO GET OFF. (coughs) Anyways, there were times where I had to go back and forth going to the game corner and Pokemon Center because my bag keeps getting filled up, bleh. Eventually I was able to get to him and finished him off easily.

Last thing I did today was going to the Pokemon Tower. Met Blue/Gary there, able to take care of him easily. Like in the Rocket Hideout, my bag keeps getting filled up, so because I don't want to go back to the Pokemon Center I ended up letting Hamilton use the Rare Candies and HP Ups, lol. Got to see the mama Marowak, then after that dealt with the TR Trio and got the Pokeflute. Haven't dealt with Snorlax, but will do that on my next playthrough.

I think what I'll do next is go Fushia Gym and Safari Zone so that I can get Surf for Undyne. She needs one good Water Move. Will hold off Saffron City stuff later.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 38
            -Thundershock
            -Thunderbolt
            -Slam
            -Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 31
            -Poison Sting
            -Mega Punch
            -Horn Attack
            -Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 32
            -Peck
            -Fly
            -Mirror Move
            -Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 36
            -Slash
            -Dig
            -Ember
            -Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 35
            -Poison Gas
            -Flash
            -Headbutt
            -Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 30
            -Bite
            -Ice Beam
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack

Old March 5th, 2016 (11:24 PM).
            Right you are, Ken!

Just ended up finishing the game at 11:32 in-game time. Final team is as follows:

Zapdos L53
            Blastoise L50
            Nidoking L50
            Arcanine L48
            Mew L100 (didn't use it at all. Caught it at level 1 so it jumped to level 100 instantly)
            Weezing L40
            Old March 6th, 2016 (3:17 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
            Finally allowed to play this again after finishing a few assignments.

I'm still managing to take a lot of time with this game, I don't think I've ever completed something so patiently.

Time: 14:32 Badges: 4 Pokedex: 46

Since the last time I updated I have beaten Erika, Giovanni x2, Gary x2 and about a million rocket grunts.

Team as of now - Dugtrio Lv.41, Butterfree Lv.38, Raichu Lv.36, Venusaur Lv.33, Pidgeotto Lv.31, Primeape Lv.28.

It has started to become a big struggle to keep Primeape on the team, it took a while to get him to evolve. I'm considering dropping him even though I wanted to complete it with my favourites, but I'll check to see if he learn any good moves soon first. As before, I'm still planning to replace Dugtrio with one of my favourites which I'm now thinking of it being Lapras instead of my originally planned Dragonite. Both would be pretty time consuming to train, but at least Lapras knows surf. I did consider Jynx for a very quick period before I realised obviously it has to be nicknamed on this due to in-game trades.

Potential departures - Dugtrio, Primeape.
            Potential replacements - Lapras, Dratini (Dragonite), Seadra (I have one in the daycare so there's a chance it might be decently levelled and it can learn surf), Rhydon, Growlithe (Arcanine), Haunter (Gengar).

I just realised Dragonite can surf which surprised me so I guess that wipes out most reasoning for not picking Dragonite.

Time to get back to the main point of the journey and collect some gym badges.
            Old March 6th, 2016 (12:59 PM). Edited March 6th, 2016 by TCB.
            Tranquilo.

Nature: Quiet
              Badges: 4
              Playtime: 52:04
              Pokedex: 44
              • I won the Rainbow Badge from Erika, so with that I can teach Duduo Fly so I can go back to Viridian City...
              • ...but before I did that I went to pick up the Super Rod
              • Then I flew back to Viridian so I can catch a Lvl 30 Poliwag at the League Badge Reception Gates and then train it to a Poliwhirl
              • Passed Cycling Road to Fushsia, went to get Surf and Strength
              • Thought about it, so I decided to teach (Arle) Mew Surf and (Combo) Poliwhirl Strength...that was until I had the brilliant ide of trying to catch a Dratini instead
              • Managed not only catch one, but a Dragonair instead (never caught any of the line in my original Yellow so that was a personal achievement for me)
              • Substituted Combo for Dragonair, now nicknamed Kiryu to train
              • Currently on Route 15 training for Koga.

And that's pretty much the gist of it.
              Old March 6th, 2016 (2:45 PM).
              The Cynical Completionist

Still playing Red... so now I battled all trainers on all mainland routes, and I'm ready to go to the sea. There's only one loose end remaining, one last encounter with Team Rocket... the Sylph Co.

So, there I went. And I was thorough: I fought every single Team Rocket member I could get to before obtaining the Card Key, got the Card Key, and then started from the bottom again, this time opening all doors and fighting everyone. By the time I got to Giovanni, my Pokémon were 5 levels behind his, but I had type superiority on my side, so down he went, and I got the Master Ball.

Nothing special to say about Sabrina and her gym, if not the fact that I thought Parasect would be of more use that it ended up being. Leech Life, the move that suddenly stopped sucking after Parasect had evolved now started sucking again. So I ended up besting Sabrina with Electabuzz and Dewgong.

The Fighting Dojo was obliterated using Hypno and, mostly, Charizard with Fly. By this point, Charizard was, once again, lagging behind all other members of my team, so it was a way to get it up to speed.

Still hungry for blood, I went to Fuschia and rode my Dewgong to Seafoam Islands, once again fighting each and every trainer I could find, and swimming in zigzags to make sure I missed nobody. I got through the Seafoam Islands in a couple of minutes, only stopping to catch Artikuno.

After arriving to Cinnabar Island, I immediately revived Kabuto and Aerodactyl (and boxed them), and then explored the Pokémon Mansion, catching as many Pokémon as I could (including Weezing, so that's cool) . After that, I suddenly changed my mind about battling Blaine for the time being and flew to Cerulean. Going east, I entered the Power Plant and caught several Pokémon, including Zapdos.

And now, Blaine. I didn't use the machines to skip battles, but instead powered through using Golem, Dewgong, and, due to his resistance to fire, Charizard. Blaine went down in a couple of Surf moves by my Dewgong.

I went back to Viridian city the hard way: surfing north (and wiping out everyone, once again) . Giovanni went down without any troubles (except for the part where he tried to give me the TM, once again, my bag was full) . So I went west, battled Blue, crossed the Victory Road (and captured Moltres while I was there) and ultimately found myself at Pokémon league.

Here I was, at Plateau Indigo. I sold all my nuggets, bought a ton of Hyper Potions (I had to return to Cinnabar Island for those :( ) , Revives and Full Heals. Going in, I was afraid of being at a disadvantage, since my Pokémon were all around level 45, and Charizard and Dewgong weren't of a high enough level to know the Fire-type move and the Ice-type move I usually rely on (Flamethrower and Ice Beam). I decided, just in case, to teach them less accurate moves (Fire Blast and Blizzard) instead, since I already had the TMs. Anyway, despite my apprehensions, I went in and... won! The moves I thought would not work actually did, and did so well. Dewgong in particular CRUSHED Lance's dragons with Blizzard, it helped that Dragonite kept spamming Agility for no reason instead of, you know, attacking.

So I was back home, and had one more thing left to do: go to Cerulean Cave and catch Mewtwo. But this time, I decided to make it interesting: I decided to not use my Master Ball. After a few run-ins with Electrodes that kept exploding, I thought the Master Ball would be better spent on them.

Anyway, Mewtwo. My Hypno went in first, and used Flash several times. After Mewtwo KOing it with Swift, I realized that Mewtwo knowing Swift would be a problem :) . But, nevertheless, I revived Hypno and kept using Flash until it no longer had effect. And then I switched to Dewgong and started spamming Blizzard. When the PPs ran out, I used Elixers and Ethers; when Mewtwo used Swift three times (or two, and landed a critical hit) I just switched to a more resistant Golem, revived and full healed Dewgong and put it back on. After a few minutes, it finally happened: Mewtwo was frozen solid! Then I just started attacking it with Golem's Strength, and then switched to Dewgong to lower its HPs some more with Headbutt. It was all smooth sailing, until Dewgong landed a critical hit... but, thankfully, the hit left just one pixel on Mewtwo's health bar. I caught it with an Ultra Ball!

So, there it is. I finished Red, and the only thing remaining now is completing the Pokédex, but I can't do it without completing the other two versions first. I think I'll share my progress with the Yellow version, and play that somewhat conservatively (despite my earlier shenannigans, see my previous post) , but Blue... I think I'll just have fun, trade the Pokémon from my team in Blue to a completed game, teach them the more destructive moves, grossly level them up etc etc, before sending them back. I'll break that game :D .

Anyway, the game is finished.

Hall of Fame:
                • Electabuzz L49
                  Mega Kick / Submission / Thunderbolt / Thunder
                • Golem L47
                  Strength / Earthquake / Rock Throw / Dig
                • Parasect L46
                  Cut / Mega Drain / Leech Life / Spore
                • Charizard L45
                  Slash / Fly / Ember / Fire Blast
                • Hypno L45
                  Headbutt / Hypnosis / Flash / Psychic
                • Dewgong L45
                  Headbutt / Blizzard / Surf / Aurora Beam
                • Honorary mention (as a former member of the team) : Mew L32
                  Fly / Metronome / Mega Punch / Flash

Friend codes:
                Electric-type Safari: 4468-2370-5617 (Electrode - Pikachu - Galvantula) | Dark-type Safari: 1134-8222-3179 (Nuzleaf - Cacturne - Liepard)
                PM before adding. If you don't mention which code you added, I will NOT add you back.
                Old March 6th, 2016 (4:31 PM).
                Just call me EC.

Did quite a bit today, including...

Clearing out the route West of Lavender Town, and catching a Vulpix on that route.
                Hitting up Celadon City, stealing the Eevee, evolving it into a Jolteon, buying a Lemonade and giving it to the guard so that opened up Saffron City and all connecting routes.
                Thought momentarily about buying enough coins for a Dratini from the Game Corner, until I calculated the cost.
                Went all the way back to Pallet Town through Diglett Cave and started going back through towns/cities/routes and collecting any items I may have missed.
                Collected the Old Amber for eventual revival/6th team member addition when I finally get to Cinnabar Island.
                Spent the rest of the day grinding next to Celadon City in preparation for taking on Erika and then the Team Rocket Hideout. Still not done grinding, so it will take a while. No team update this time.
                Old March 6th, 2016 (9:21 PM).
                Darkinium Z

Not too much happened in today's playthrough. I first went around several routes and Cyclying Road to battle several trainers and then trained Zuko and Mable a bit before going against Koga. I waited until Zuko learned flamethrower, which made Koga's battle fairly easily. I then went to the Safari Zone so that I can get Surf for Undyne.

I want to try training my Pokemon around the level 40 to 45 range before I deal with Sliph Co and Sabrina's Gym. Can't remember how I defeated her on Yellow all those years ago, haha.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 38
                -Thundershock
                -Thunderbolt
                -Slam
                -Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 35
                -Poison Sting
                -Mega Punch
                -Horn Attack
                -Double Kick

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 37
                -Peck
                -Fly
                -Drill Peck
                -Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 46
                -Slash
                -Dig
                -Flamethrower
                -Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 42
                -Poison Gas
                -Flash
                -Psychic
                -Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 38
                -Bite
                -Ice Beam
                -Surf
                -Aurora Beam

Old March 7th, 2016 (12:27 AM).

Beat Brock and made my way to Mt. Moon to pick up Clefairy. Although, I had to do Mt. Moon over again because I found out there's actually two Moon Stones there and I need two Moon Stones so that was pretty sweet. Also, I forgot to pick up Mega Punch, which Clefairy + Mega Punch is an awesome combo. Clefairy was a lot easier to find than Nidoran let me tell you that.

Cerulean City! Mew Glitch! That was interesting took me awhile to catch an Abra since Sing rarely works. -______-; Beat Ollie, my rival, piece of cake. Went to Bill, fought all the trainers along the way. Still deciding who I want on my team but right now I'm satisfied so I don't know if I'll add more teammates or not. Decided not to evolve Horus because he turns ground and we're facing a water gym...

About to face Misty so cheers to that.

Horus Lv. 22
                - Leer
                - Tackle
                - Horn Attack
                - Poison Sting

Hathor Lv. 23
                - Tackle
                - Tail Whip
                - Bubble
                - Water Gun

Bastet Lv. 24
                - Pound
                - Minimize
                - Sing
                - Mega Punch

"I'm ready for a nap..."
                [YOU ARE CHALLENGED BY TIRED STUDENT RETRO BUG]
                Pokémon:

The Meta Journey
                Old March 7th, 2016 (7:11 AM).
                Spectre Agent

My events of yesterday involved me removing Team Rocket from Silph Co. After I got the Card Key on 5F, I worked my way through going floor by floor. Course I did remember about the healing area being on 9F. I of course battled Revan again and got Lapras on 7F. Garland, Kefka, Gabranth, and Cid all gained levels while I was going though. After I defated Giovanni again, I got the Master Ball.

After I finished up my business there, there was other things I had to take care of Saffron. One thing I did was give the Poke Doll, that I bought in Celadon, to Copycat. My next objective is to go and battle Sabrina for my sixth badge. I have seen 105 Pokemon and owned 35.

Garland (Blastoise)
                Lv. 52
                Moves: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
                Lv. 49
                Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Earthquake, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
                Lv. 33
                Moves: Double Kick, Meditate, Strength, Rolling Kick

Cid (Snorlax)
                Lv. 32
                Moves: Headbutt, Toxic, Selfdestruct, Skull Bash

Zemus (to be caught)
                Exdeath (to be caught)

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio
                Old March 7th, 2016 (11:14 AM).
                Peace sells, but who's buying?

Pokemon Mansion surprisingly wasn't as tedious as I thought. After a while of wandering around and killing wilds along the way, I finally found the Secret Key. Before going to Blaine's Gym, however, I wanted to grind my other Pokemon first. Charles finally learned Flamethrower! So long, Ember! Your low Base Power will not be missed! I also gave Isabella the Blizzard TM (after cloning it with Missingno., of course) so she can hit harder. However, I didn't teach it to Chelsea, since she hits hard enough, and I prefer Ice Beam's extra PP in her case.

Speaking of Chelsea, she may as well have worn janitor's clothing, because she mopped the floor with the Gym! In fact, discounting Quick Attacks from trainers' Vulpix and Ninetales, she didn't even get touched! Volcano Badge obtained very easily! Not at all surprising, since you need Surf (aka the best counter to Blaine) to even reach Cinnabar Island! I decided to put the Fire Blast TM in the PC and not teach it to Charles. The firepower (pun intended) is tempting, but Charles's moveset is already full.

I'm still grinding everyone else, so I'll leave the Power Plant, Zapdos, and Viridian Gym for next time.

Current team:
                  Nikola the Raichu (Lv. 44)
                  Isabella the Nidoqueen (Lv. 44)
                  Eric the Snorlax (Lv. 44)
                  Chelsea the Vaporeon (Lv. 46)
                  Rafflesia the Vileplume (Lv. 44)
                  Charles the Charizard (Lv. 46)

Name: Shadow
                  Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

"The circumstances of ones' birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."
                  -Mewtwo

Old March 7th, 2016 (10:50 PM).
                  Darkinium Z

Today's playthrough I went through Sliph Co, aka GIOVANNI'S WILD RIDE PT. 2, WARP TELEPORTERS EDITION. I first went through all ten/eleven floors to battle against the Team Rocket grunts and Scientists, switching off between Undyne and Dash. I then went through the warps so I can find Blue...which took a while for me because I first didn't realize the card key was in one particular floor until much later and I had to check a walkthrough that you go through one of 3rd floor's warps in order to reach your rival, haha. Nonetheless, I got both Blue and then Giovanni taken care of.

Besides that, before I left Fushia City I gave the warden his golden teeth and got Strength. I also did some hardcore training for Pikachu by battling against all the swimmers in the water routes. I'm thinking of going against the Fighting Dojo and Sabrina next time.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 46
                  -Thundershock
                  -Thunderbolt
                  -Thunder
                  -Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 44
                  -Strength
                  -Mega Punch
                  -Horn Attack
                  -Earthquake

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 42
                  -Peck
                  -Fly
                  -Drill Peck
                  -Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 46
                  -Slash
                  -Dig
                  -Flamethrower
                  -Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 42
                  -Poison Gas
                  -Flash
                  -Psychic
                  -Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 45
                  -Bite
                  -Ice Beam
                  -Surf
                  -Aurora Beam

Old March 8th, 2016 (7:28 AM).
                  Spectre Agent

My events of yesterday started with me taking on Sabrina at the Saffron City Gym. The battle was interesting, despite the fact that Garland got hit with paralysis. After I defeated her, I flew back to Pallet Town. While I was there, I finally picked up the Town Map, but I did not need it. I then headed south to Cinnabar Island.

When I reached Cinnabar Island, I got the Helix Fossil and the Old Amber revived. One of the two Pokemon became the fifth member of my team. I then flew back to Viridian City to activate a certain glitch. When I did the glitch, I cloned the following items: the Master Ball, Moon Stone, Nugget, and Rare Candy. After doing all the cloning, I then headed to the Power Plant.

While I was at the Power Plant, I caught more Pokemon, one of being Zapdos. I then flew to Fuchsia, where I headed south and west to reach the Seafoam Islands. While I was at Seafoam Islands, I caught more Pokemon, one of them being Articuno. I then headed back to Cinnabar Island.

When I got back to Cinnabar Island, I headed to the Pokemon Mansion. While I was there, one of the Pokemon I caught was the final member of my team. After making my way through there, it was time to head to the gym and battle Blaine. The battle against Blaine was easy. I then flew back to Viridian for my final gym battle.

When it came to my gym battle against Giovanni, I used all but one of my team against him. My next objective is to head to Victory Road and Indigo Plateau. Course I still have not visited Routes 12-15 yet, so maybe I will deal with those routes first. I have seen 123 Pokemon and own 57.

(note: The current levels of my team members are from using a lot of Rare Candy)
                  Garland (Blastoise)
                  Lv. 76
                  Moves: Ice Beam, Earthquake, Surf, Bite

Kefka (Dugtrio)
                  Lv. 76
                  Moves: Rock Slide, Body Slam, Earthquake, Slash

Gabranth (Hitmonlee)
                  Lv. 76
                  Moves: Hi Jump Kick, Metronome, Strength, Mega Kick

Cid (Snorlax)
                  Lv. 76
                  Moves: Body Slam, Toxic, Hyper Beam, Solarbeam

Zemus (Aerodactyl)
                  Lv. 76
                  Moves: Hyper Beam, Bite, Fly, Take Down

Exdeath (Vulpix -> Ninetales)
                  Lv. 76
                  Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray

OSO STRONG

#TeamPopplio
                  Old March 8th, 2016 (11:03 PM).
                  Darkinium Z

So I went against the Fighting Dojo and Sabrina's gym. The Fighting Dojo I was able to go through very easily with Mable. As for Sabrina, I was actually surprised Bell was able to finish off her lv 50 Alakazam with Drill Peck in one hit, lol.

I then decided to go through the Pokemon Manison to get the Secret Key. I wanted to catch some Pokemon, but then when I wanted to use an Ultra Ball I got the message letting me know one of my boxes is full, lol. I didn't fell like going back to the Pokemon Center so I went through the Pokemon Manison. Not much problem saved for Raticate's Hyper Fang occassionally. I'll go to Blaine's gym next time. I also just noticed everyone but Mable are all now lv 46, haha.

Pikachu (Hamilton) - Lv 46
                  -Thundershock
                  -Thunderbolt
                  -Thunder
                  -Thunder Wave

Nidoking (Dash) - Lv 46
                  -Strenght
                  -Mega Punch
                  -Horn Attack
                  -Earthquake

Fearow (Bell) - Lv 46
                  -Peck
                  -Fly
                  -Drill Peck
                  -Fury Attack

Charizard (Zuko) - Lv 46
                  -Slash
                  -Dig
                  -Flamethrower
                  -Cut

Hypno (Mable)- Lv 44
                  -Poison Gas
                  -Flash
                  -Psychic
                  -Confusion

Vaporeon (Undyne)- Lv 46
                  -Bite
                  -Ice Beam
                  -Surf
                  -Aurora Beam

Old March 9th, 2016 (3:33 AM).
                  The little... Daleks

Nature: Quiet
                    After taking a break from the game after defeating the elite 4 (or so I thought), I switched the game on so that I could attempt the mew glitch and found myself stood in front of Lance with Gary still to defeat, I corrected my mistake by defeating him again

My team; (no level changes)

Pikachu Lv50
                    Victreebel Lv48
                    Charizard Lv49
                    Poliwrath Lv50
                    Dugtrio Lv47
                    Snorlax Lv48

John Hurt:What I did, I did without choice

11th Doctor: I know

John Hurt: in the name of peace and sanity

11th Doctor: But not in the name of the Doctor

75% of Pokemon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their pokemon battle-worthy. If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokemon up legally, put this in your signature.
                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply