• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Iron clad Defense Featuring Lugia

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
This a Fun/Causal deck.

Lugia x/y fates Collide x2
reshiram (B/W with Outrage) x2
Espeon (Undaunted) x1
Eevee x2
Typhlosion Prime x2
Quliva x2
Cyndaquail x2
Doduo (Base set) x2
Dodrio (One from base set and one from HGSS Undaunted) 2

Defender x2
Profs. Letters x2
Switch x2
Pokemon communication x2
Potion x1
Evo soda x1
Rare candy x1
Life herb x1
Pokemon center lady x2
Seeker x1
Shauna x1
Cherin (draw three) X2
Professor oaks new theory x1
Prof. Elm's training method x1
Prof.Oak x1
skyarrow bridge x2
Team mates x1
Pokemon fan club x1
Great Ball x1
Team Grunt (Removes one energy from opponents pokemon) x1

Energy:
Fire energy x10
Physic x2
Rainbow energy x2
Double colorless x2

Main attacker:
Lugia
Back up (especialy if lugia is in my prizes): Reshraim and Typlosion Prime

The strategy is make Lugia as hard to kill as possible. I have hard charm but i don't know what to remove from my deck. The Dodoro and skyarrow bridge are for free retreats. If Lugia is taking damage, I can switch to Espeon and use Solar Suggestion to move up to 40 damage and place the damage on the opponent. So resist damage with Lugia and attack with a cheap 60 damage attack. Heal plus damage with Espeon and Pokemon Center Lady. Seeker is for getting rid of damage.

Reshraim is back up. Lugia's 60 damage, although cheap thanks to double colorless energy, is not significant. However Reshraim can only do 140 damage once with outrage but he can do 120 with Blue Fire for the same amount of energy as Lugia.

The Typhlosion Prime is for energy back up. And he can help with stalling by discarding opponents energy with his own move. Rare candy is for Cyndaqual to evolve into Typlosion. Evosoda and Prof. elm is for Dodo to become Dodorio. typhlosion is also for retreats because he can recover discarded energy.

The rainbow energy and physic energy is used for Espeon and Reshiram.

I'm thinking about adding one or two hard charms, but I don't know what to take out. I'm also of thinking of adding Jynx with the remove one counter ability.

Years
Let's drop the Espeon, both Eevees, both Rainbow Energy, and both Psychic Energy. Let's add in 2 of any Vulpix card as well as 2 of the Ninetales from HeartGold SoulSilver (the one with Roast Reveal). Healing and recovery has always been extremely underpowered in the Pokemon TCG. And then let's replace the remaining 3 cards we removed with 3 more Fire Energy. Having Ninetales helps you get set up extremely fast.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
reshiram ( Outrage) x2
Typhlosion Prime x2
Quliva x2
Cyndaquail x2
Doduo x2
Dodriox2
Ninetails x2
Vulpix x2

Pokemon: 18

Defender x2
Profs. Letters x2
Switch x2
Pokemon communication x2
Potion x1
Evo soda x1
Rare candy x1
Fresh Water Set
Pokemon center lady x2
Seeker x1
Shauna x1
Cherin (draw three) X2
Prof.Oak x1
skyarrow bridge x2
Team mates x1
Pokemon fan club x1
Hard charm x1
trainers/supporters : 27

energy
Fire energy x13
Double colorless x2
energy: 15

15 plus 27 plus 18= 60
i took out the espeon line and took out life herb. I think fresh water set would be better because typlosion prime does damage the pokemon when you use his power to attach energy. Life Herb also depends on a coin flip.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 20, 2016
reshiram ( Outrage) x2
Typhlosion Prime x2
Quliva x2
Cyndaquail x2
Doduo x2
Dodriox2
Ninetails x2
Vulpix x2

Pokemon: 18

Defender x2
Profs. Letters x2
Switch x2
Pokemon communication x2
Potion x1
Evo soda x1
Rare candy x1
Fresh Water Set
Pokemon center lady x2
Seeker x1
Shauna x1
Cherin (draw three) X2
Prof.Oak x1
skyarrow bridge x2
Team mates x1
Pokemon fan club x1
Hard charmx1
energy
Fire energy x13
Double colorless x2

Total: 60
Took out espeoon line and life herb cause fresh water set is so much better cause it heals every pokemon and does not depend on a coin flip. Tytplsion prime'power damages pokemon when you use his power to attach energy to pokemon. I also including hard charm. It combos well with Lugia.

Back