• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

clothes

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Do you wear nice clothes all the time. Like expensive stuff?

I wear fairly cheap clothes and look like a hobo.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Expensive and nice are not synonymous to me.

I prefer used stuff for a few reasons. The first is I like weird stuff, weird in a function sense not intentionally. All best found used. Most used clothing is virtually like new for 1/10 of the price new. I routinely find dress shirts for anywhere between 50 cents to 4 dollars. Brand new, they could be anywhere from 30-100.

I prefer weird utility designs, side or shoulder/leg stripes. Generally darker colors, black, gray, especially darker red, maroon, orange, some white, tan, maybe a few blue or purple too. Muted and only loud if lots of red.

The only colors I don't wear are green, pink, and muted baby colors like baby blue, yellow, etc. Colors that make me want to gag.

I have a fondness for outerwear like jackets, big or small. And I also like somewhat tacky and loud Hawaiian shirts for the summer. Those are about as crazy as I get, and I do like T-shirts, just plain with subtle designs or interest-themed, like an anime or game logo, whatever. Those can be fun too especially combined with a jacket.

Last edited:
Years
I'd say nice clothes doesn't have to be synonymous with expensive.

Living in a hot climate I'm usually wearing shorts and t-shirts. I buy my t-shirts from gym shops since they're cheap but good quality. I will pay more money for decent quality shorts because I want them to last longer.

I also have a fondness for ali baba pants and I often buy them on my travels (and they do get used). Also I'll buy a shirt or two if I like the design on my travels too.

As far as smart-wear goes I do like going to the tailors to get a new tailor-made suit every now and then (so that's something I would pay the extra for to get the best quality). It's handy to have choice when it comes to smart-wear depending on the occasion.

Years
Hi!!! Local fashionista here. No, expensive and "looking nice" are not mutually exclusive. Sure, you can go to your local shopping mall and spend hundreds of dollars on clothes trying to achieve this, but that's kind of unnecessary, isn't it? A rule of thumb to go by is that sometimes really expensive-looking gems are found in what would otherwise be cheap stores at a bargain price. You just have to know where to look.

Of course, if you're the type that shops at Banana Republic, Saks Fifth Ave etc just to look like a literal celebrity, then good on you! But there are cheaper ways to go about doing that. Even going so far as going to your local Goodwill just to search for hidden gems is worth it. Fashion is not about spending the most money looking the most glamorous, but rather it's about the best clothes you can get at the best deals/best prices. Give your wallet every break it deserves because it deserves it.

Last edited:
Years
Call me vain but I'm the type of individual who is deeply concerned with the way that I present myself. I love clothing that's stylish and timeless and I always reach for articles of clothing that flatter my figure. I'd describe my style as trendy, feminine and a tad provocative. I wear distressed skinny jeans often, as well as tube tops, crop tops, cardigans, oversized sweaters, denim jackets, mom/boyfriend jeans, maxi dresses, etc. Brands/stores I like include Garage, Urban Outfitters, Zara, Forever 21, H&M, American Eagle, Guess, Aritzia and Levi's. Although, I visit my local thrift store quite often and I usually find a few cute things. It really saves me money and thrifting is actually so fun.

I don't like to look sloppy and I always try my best to wear fashionable clothes, although once in a while I'll come to school with an old hoodie on and my hair up in a messy bun.

Last edited:
Years
tbh most clothes made these days use "fast fashion" and exploit their workers, even the expensive brands do this and are more notorious for it.
So I just go "meh" and get my clothes at wal mart, plus I'm on a budget anyway.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I love dresses, even though i have like only one really good one right now (i wear it pretty much all the time too).

I've liked dresses since childhood and my grandma used to sew lots of them for me :3

Its hard being poor and wearing the same clothes all the time now though.

Good, well made clothes tend to cost a lot where I live ^_^;;; If only we still had that thrift shop...haha.....

Years
I can't even get out of bed half the time so I tend not to bother with how I look. On the odd occasion I'm actually out the house I put some modicum of effort into my appearance I guess but nothing special - jeans, shirt and more often than not a jacket. I don't think you need to spend a lot of money to look respectable.

TY

usually some sort of sweatpants with a t-shirt and a hat for every season of the year

im lazy and everyone knows it, but to me its nice

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i usually just wear a t shirt and jeans. or overalls, despite that i only have one pair. ive never really ever been concerned with how i look. i have a boyfriend that loves me for me and still loves me even when i wear sweatpants and havent showered that day or something. i dunno. ive just never been the type to dress up, ever.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Expensive stuff? No, I quit that when I finished high school and realized nobody cares.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
lol no. I have one pair of Calvin Klein jeans, one pair of khakis/chinos, and joggers. The rest of my lower wardrobe is basketball shorts.
I have one tank top, a few button ups that I don't wear currently chilling in my car trunk, and like 50 plain black T-shirts (and some other colors) that you can get in a pack of 6 at Target/Walmart.

Last edited:
Years
I never wear anything expensive. I like wearing my Qwertee t-shirts and either shorts or comfy bottoms. My trainers cost about £20.

My leather jacket cost a fair amount but even that was less than £40. So not expensive.

Years
Good quality and non-flammable. So like... cotton. Just cotton. If you see someone walking in the street dressed as a cotton ball, that'll be me.

But more seriously, I usually wear muted hues like greens, blacks and blues. Jackets and t-shirts, jeans and boots. A hat, if my hair is a car crash, and a red leather stringy watch that has a flat battery. Ah yeah. Ideally, I'd wear a suit everyday. Not a brown one, for the love of whatever deity rules this plot of earth.

I'm about to get a Stranger-Things-esque sweater with a wolf on it so hell to the yeah. I tried to wear a paperboy cap but after I was released from hospital the doctor said never to wear it ever again. My big brain can't be contained. Wait, that sounds violent. Well basically don't wear a hat if its the equivalent to Keria Knightly's corset in Pirates of the Caribbean. Jack Sparrow will not save you.

Back