• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

How to hack Mystery Dungeon

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How to Hack Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team

Okay, to clear this up, there is only two tools used to hack Mystery Dungeon at the current moment, which is the Son Sebbe's ultimate tool and WordPad, which you already should have.

SCRIPTING

Scripting- the toughest part of the hacker's job. Go to WordPad and open up the rom there. Please notethat WordPad temporarily freezes, so ignore that. Then you just find something uing Ctrl+F, for example, I look up "crawl out" and this is part of what I get-
Spoiler:

And if you change crawl out to hit a lot, you should get hit a lo, meaning you did it incorrectly. If you change crawl out to fight out, then it'll take up the correct space and should show up correctly. If not, change it back and let the game work from there. You must have used EXACTLY the same number of characters as the game usually uses, no question. It restricts you from overusing it. After that, the game may freeze as a white screen, meaning you messed up. It's pretty unstable, so keep a backup copy!!!

MAPPING

Mapping- Well, mapping is impossible, but using a few things you can fix that. Some tools from EliteMap have the ability to hack into MD roms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Let me split this up... I kind of unagree...

What about the hex editor...? I only used them...

Scripting- the toughest part of the hacker's job.
Scripting is curenty the most easy part...

Go to WordPad and open up the rom there. Please notethat WordPad temporarily freezes, so ignore that.
Well, thats because youre not supose to use wordpad... Its not able to handle sush big things as a rom... And with the defualt settnings, it will load all stuff there dont got a symbol as "." and then rewrite them as 29...

baby~2c Pokйmon suddenly attacked me!???? He~27s too young to crawl out
And if you change crawl out to hit a lot, you should get hit a lo, meaning you did it incorrectly. If you change crawl out to fight out, then it'll take up the correct space and should show up correctly. If not, change it back and let the game work from there. You must have used EXACTLY the same number of characters as the game usually uses, no question. It restricts you from overusing it. After that, the game may freeze as a white screen, meaning you messed up. It's pretty unstable, so keep a backup copy!!!
Its damn not unstabel... its you...
But then you could just more the ending part a bit- Its even wrong what you said... And this is not really scripting, its only the text... Dude i really belived you could do a tiny bit but this... Using note pad and do text edits...

Last edited:

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
[Talking to YankeeX here..]
For your information.. this isn't scripting at all, just text editing.
And.. the text shows up in NotePad/WordPad, just because PMD uses the normal ASCII table, just like Son Sebe said.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2008
Why don't you just find the routine that loads the text and rewrite it? Just use vba to trace it. Mapping is possible, the game just uses a routine to randomly generate the mystery dungons, but not the friend areas, main town, or legendary battle places.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Why don't you just find the routine that loads the text and rewrite it? Just use vba to trace it. Mapping is possible, the game just uses a routine to randomly generate the mystery dungons, but not the friend areas, main town, or legendary battle places.
Yeah, what he said :P
There wasn't any need for this, you probably got all hyped up cause you figured how to edit a string a text xD

Years

Have you been doing this? And if true could you tell me what decide which text there should be loaded? The D0 text get loaded evey time i try, but the D1 must be there for some reason, I been thinking if they just made it the same, and then the D1 is for the blue version?

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2008
I'm having a hard time understanding your english, for the D0 and D1 are you talking about the hex bytes in the message? I can't say how that affects the loading yet, but the offset will be useless to you unless you actually know asm. There isn't just one offset , I've been tracing the text and its routines and there seems to be one for loading it from the rom.

Years
I'm having a hard time understanding your english, for the D0 and D1 are you talking about the hex bytes in the message? I can't say how that affects the loading yet, but the offset will be useless to you unless you actually know asm. There isn't just one offset , I've been tracing the text and its routines and there seems to be one for loading it from the rom.
He's talking about the scripting engine. Not the actual routine that loads text.

Years
Hi. Can you help me? How to change logo PMD from title screen?
i.imgur.com/9IVxR.png

Last edited:
Back