• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition (Completed)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 15, 2017
when i was playing it didnt save saying error. please exchange back up memory. so i dont have .sav file. i used to save dr=irectly using the visual bou. so the file i have is .sgm. what do i do??? plz help

Years
Just wanted to say I love the hack so far, and it has the most incredible story line I have ever seen in a pokemon game (hack or otherwise). Just wondering, but how far along you ( @colonelsalt ) were with the next beta, and it you had an prospective release date. I would hate to see this go the way of toxic purple.
Thanks for such a great rom hack!

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
Years
*obligatory nopeididntdie post*
Hey colonelsalt! glad to see you are still alive.Just came here to say that you might wanna do something with the keys in the upper right slot machine.I bet you didn't know about them,right?I tried to put a pic,but im too noob for that.
Anyways,c-ya around!
Thanks a lot, will look into this.
Hey just wanted to say honestly I kinda want beta 3 as a Christmas lol cheese a side I really enjoyed this hack and would really like to know more about the Theories involved with the story.
Thanks a lot! Am hesitant to post my theory sources just yet, as I don't want to lessen the impact of some of the upcoming major plot developments... ;D Once we've gotten that far I will have the full list up, rest assured; I owe a lot plot-wise to random reddit posters...
Why not make a discord server?
If you do, it will have my blessing. ;)
Hey, just wanted to say I just finished playing beta v2 and I LOVE this game. It's everything a ROM hack should be- clean, very well written and the best story I've ever played. Very excited for beta V3 when it drops and I wish you the best.
Just wanted to say I love the hack so far, and it has the most incredible story line I have ever seen in a pokemon game (hack or otherwise). Just wondering, but how far along you ( @colonelsalt ) were with the next beta, and it you had an prospective release date. I would hate to see this go the way of toxic purple.
Thanks for such a great rom hack!
<3<3<3<3<3
Thank you so much. It means the world.
if i download the new beta version. will i have to play the game from the beggining????? plz help
I realise I'm super late in replying, but if you're talking about using a save from Beta v1 on Beta v2, then yes, it should work without issue. As to using your saves from Beta 2 for the upcoming Beta 3, this is still uncertain, but will keep you updated!
Hi! How is progress coming along for v3lopvvkl of this amazing and unique hack
Glad you asked.

ITSY BITSY PROGRESS PICS, BETA 3 EDITION
LECsRGE.png
wO1Fnqo.png
f2w9hDF.png

University life is busy as always, but progress on Beta 3 inches along, if not quickly then at least consistently. The much cliff-hung backstory scene, as well as upcoming missions in Pallet and Cinnabar are more or less complete. With the addition of Surf, pretty much all of Kanto is now accessible, which means a heapton of sidequests and NPC dialogue to get sorted before release. Don't expect release for at least a couple of more months, but I will post updates whenever I have something cool that isn't too plot-revealing to show.

Thanks so much for the continued support, guys. Major, major plot developments coming up; super excited to share. Stay tuned.

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
We are the ones that have to thank u for such a great hack and for the time u spend on it

DarkHerald

Darkness, My Sanctuary
Years
Anyone know how to solve the sidequest involving Miss Hoenn (I believe that was her name)? Looking for the job that completes her quest. Already got the Amulet Coin.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
This is definitely the best hack of all time. And I'm so glad that you are still working on beta 3. Please don't give up on this and turn into another toxic purple lol.

Seriously great job pal!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 6, 2020
i registered here just to say thanks to colonelsalt for making this hack. hands down this is the best hack for me

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 11, 2023
Hello,

this hack is great in many ways and I really enjoyed playing it. I always wanted to play a pokemon game as a member of Team Rocket and you just fulfilled my wish.

Only thing that bothered me is random freezing, which occurs on literally any place in a game (happened to me in Diglett´s cave, Rock Tunnel, random house in Lavender Town, e.t.c.). It was not a big problem for me, because I save really often and even loading the savestate solves the problem, just wanted to let you know that it happens sometimes.

Anyway, I wish you good luck with your work and I can tell that I will be the first in line to play next release.

Years
Only thing that bothered me is random freezing, which occurs on literally any place in a game (happened to me in Diglett?s cave, Rock Tunnel, random house in Lavender Town, e.t.c.). It was not a big problem for me, because I save really often and even loading the savestate solves the problem, just wanted to let you know that it happens sometimes.

I have played the hack twice (good way and bad way) and never had that problem. What emulator are you using?

TD013

8 badges in Kanto, I have 10
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2022
I've been inactive on this site for a while, but I'm very excited to see someone picked up where toxic purple left off. Game looks great and I'm eagerly waiting and hoping for game completion. I'm patient, so keep up the good work.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
So just started the game and I just got the quest to go talk to Bill. My pokemon aren't obeying me and I just realized its because I had vba set to the wrong save type. I set it to the right save type but is there any way to may my pokemon obey me now?
EDIT: My solution was to uses cheat to get all badges

Last edited:
Back