• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Netplay

How many houses should there be in Littleroot(max)?

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
You're completely neglecting me! Make him wait his turn, bcuz I have the patch!
Takes forevr to upload here though, so you'll have to get it here. (inserting link..)

a patch is in the kb. what's that, like 5kb? I have dialup and I can upload a patch in like 2 seconds.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
All right I put a link to megaupload
Click it!

Yeah I hav a speedy connection but for some reason it's just been really
slow uploading things today.
It does bug out and lag sometimes.

why is your patch 6.11MB? idk about u. I use LIPS and my patches are like a few kb like 10 or 15 kb at the highest. And I don't think you changed the room enough that it is that much bc the beta 5 of even shiny gold is only like 900 something kb. I think fire red would be something better for this because I like Kanto more than Hoenn anyways. Does anyone want to start this over with a fire red rom and fr patches?

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
why is your patch 6.11MB? idk about u. I use LIPS and my patches are like a few kb like 10 or 15 kb at the highest. And I don't think you changed the room enough that it is that much bc the beta 5 of even shiny gold is only like 900 something kb. I think fire red would be something better for this because I like Kanto more than Hoenn anyways. Does anyone want to start this over with a fire red rom and fr patches?
Better now than later.
We're getting bugs anyway...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Better now than later.
We're getting bugs anyway...

yeah i've had less problems when i hack the fire red rom then the RSE roms. Okay so we're converting it to Fire Red. I'll make my house right now. And one question, does anyone know how to close a poll and take it off the thread? Because I want to close this poll and i didn't set an end date on it.

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
Nice idea. I edited the first post saying you can do that. You can't expand the dimensions of other towns though bc the map connections get all messed up and Littleroot doesn't have a bottom connection so that's why I used it for changing the height. So just put a door on empty buildings in places like Lilycove or wherever. I made the decision I might move my house to Lilycove, Mosdeep, or Sootopolis sometime down the road.

...and the mail idea and same save file idea I junked bc of the save file not working for every1 bc every1 doesn't have VBA as an emulator

and yes you can make a house

Thank you!!! :) I've always wanted to live in a game!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Thank you!!! :) I've always wanted to live in a game!

yeah, me too, that's why i decided to start this hack. And I need to add my house in fire red and get the first patch up sometime so everyone on the list look out for that.

my house will probably be in Saffron

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Make a SGM that has all badges and stuff so we can get arund to everyone's house.

good idea. I could just find one online too or smth. You guys could just use your own fire red save too, because I tossed the same save file and mail idea.

EDIT: Ok I just made a decision that, in every town and city I'm making an apartment building. You can move into one if you want, because the maps inside them will already be made and the warps will go to the right places already and all you have to do is change the tiles and maybe dimesions and add a person. You can make a house, too, like before as long as you stay within the limitations.
The cities in the game will probably have 1 larger one or 2 larger buildings.
The towns will have probably one smaller building.
The one in Pallet will be limited to a few people because it has to be small because Pallet is the smallest town in the game.

Last edited:

Hoppyfred

Froggy Friend of Feebas
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 22, 2013
EDIT: Ok I just made a decision that, in every town and city I'm making an apartment building. You can move into one if you want, because the maps inside them will already be made and the warps will go to the right places already and all you have to do is change the tiles and maybe dimesions and add a person. You can make a house, too, like before as long as you stay within the limitations.
The one in Littleroot will be limited to a few people because it has to be small because Littleroot is the smallest town in the game.

Ah, that's awesome! I kinda suck at making warps so that'd be great!

Years
good idea. I could just find one online too or smth. You guys could just use your own fire red save too, because I tossed the same save file and mail idea.

The one in Littleroot will be limited to a few people because it has to be small because Littleroot is the smallest town in the game.

You mean Pallet Town? Also, would it be alright to put some Pokemon in my house/apartment?

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Ok. I think it's time we kinda got all of the little updates together.

1. We are using a clean firered ROM as the base. Patch the ips file to the clean FR ROM. THEN add your house/apartment.
2. Use Lunar IPS for patching.
3. It is LilbittyGoat's turn right now.

And, if you have warp problems, send the patch to me (after you add your house thing.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Ah, that's awesome! I kinda suck at making warps so that'd be great!
yeah, that was part of why I decided that. For more room for people, and to have it premade for ppl not good at making maps.

Can I go on the list, this is going to be awesome. I'll be in an apartment if you let me be a part of this.
Yeah I just put you on.

You mean Pallet Town? Also, would it be alright to put some Pokemon in my house/apartment?
yeah lol I just edited that post to say pallet

Ok. I think it's time we kinda got all of the little updates together.

1. We are using a clean firered ROM as the base. Patch the ips file to the clean FR ROM. THEN add your house/apartment.
2. Use Lunar IPS for patching.
3. It is LilbittyGoat's turn right now.

And, if you have warp problems, send the patch to me (after you add your house thing.)

Don't use the patch up right now. I haven't removed it yet but that patch is for the old ruby. Once I'm finished making all the apartment buildings and my house I'll put a patch up. So It's my turn right now, and Harry Blue5 is next, the Libbitygoat and so on. It started the line over bc we're using fire red now, I just forgot to change the records to say I'm currently adding a house.

Last edited:

XaE22

Mapper/Scripter
Years
lol this is taking a while ... if there wasn't such a long line already i would probably join in on this
that is if you allow scripts because i was thinking of having my person give you like 3 pokemon and a bunch of items lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
lol this is taking a while ... if there wasn't such a long line already i would probably join in on this
that is if you allow scripts because i was thinking of having my person give you like 3 pokemon and a bunch of items lol
Yeah because we're changing the rom to fire red.

Yes, scripts are allowed as long as you don't edit scripts already in the game, you're gonna have to add them. Anything;'s fine as long as all the game events are working normally still after you make ur house.

..and an update I'm adding the apartments as we speak so look out for the first patch soon.

Back