• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon S.P.E.C.T.R.U.M.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
zz9It4o.png

Spectrum Wiki
Introduction:
Pokémon Spectrum is a fan game being made by myself with Essentials and some other resources. I've been working on this on/off in my spare time since February 2014.

Plot:
You are a person in a little known region, living in the small town of Lildune. However, an opportunity arises and you decide to go explore the region with all its native Pokemon that can't be found in other regions. There is an unknown world out there, with Gyms and Pokemon Trainers just like many other regions, along with myths and lore you must learn about for yourself. Can you catch them all, defeat them all, and rise to the top?

Demo Features:
  • 100+ fakemon
  • Spectrum forms of official Pokémon
  • 3 Gyms
  • New region
  • Animated sprites
  • Trainer customization
  • HM removal and misc QoL changes
  • Increased shiny rate

Demo Screenshots:
2tGitQE.png

Pokédex (SPOILERS):
Spoiler:

*******Download Links: ********
Current version: 1.4.3
RAR: https://mega.nz/#!gkgSnAiS!w06UdWKn3qrq-HxWZbrF5bFciV0rHuwLUzM2gFoE5SQ
ZIP: https://mega.nz/#!N5wiXC6K!bOQF0eo6pWkFyHfw-HsNjU3y4UFe_zGx8Tet47cbVKE

(Follow Instructions below first if you are using a previous version)
Updating instructions for people who want to keep their save file intact
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Changelog
Spoiler:

Old version links (look above for newest update):

Last edited:

Wobmiar

Player/Tester/Speedrunner/Writer
Years
Hi. I was watching some games and saw yours, wich is pretty new. I'm a tester and player, and I think you might like it if I test your game :) I can help for whatever too. I'll download it, and if you are interested for some more detailed testing, I can only offer you my playtime ^^

Years
Hi,
I just saw this while going to update my game thread, and I decided to give this a look. I just gotta say that this game looks awesome, and I'm gonna give it a try. I'll tell you if I catch any bugs or anything.

:)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Uploaded a new update. Mostly sprite additions/improvements such as shinies:
DvGZwku.png
UUx59Gj.png

and icons:
RpqCPFU.png

wCE9llz.png

but I also found and fixed a few bugs. Full changelog is in the OP. This update should still be compatible with your current save if you downloaded the old version

Hi. I was watching some games and saw yours, wich is pretty new. I'm a tester and player, and I think you might like it if I test your game :) I can help for whatever too. I'll download it, and if you are interested for some more detailed testing, I can only offer you my playtime ^^

For now I think I can handle testing myself, but if I need more extensive testing I'll let you know! Just enjoy it and if there are bugs I will try to fix asap

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Hi! I'm currently playing your game, and I was wondering if there's a wiki for checking Pokémons' base stats. ^^
Great game by the way, but the mapping could be improved.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Hi! I'm currently playing your game, and I was wondering if there's a wiki for checking Pokémons' base stats. ^^
Great game by the way, but the mapping could be improved.

No wiki yet. Someone else questioned me about this so I'll probably start making one later. I can put the pokemon.txt PBS in a pastebin as a quick solution for checking stats.

What about the mapping do you think could be improved the most? The tiling? The spaciness? A lot ofthe earlier maps in the game I think are sloppier because they're the first maps I made and I had to revisit and redo them a few times. I feel like I also have a bit of a weakness for making maps larger than they should be, even now. The town right above route 1 used to be like 2x the size it is now

Last edited:

Mellan

Pokémon Chion Developer
Years
Here, I made a list of the things that I think might be improved on the first map. I hope it can help you.

Spoiler:

Again, this is just the first map. I've not gone further.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Here, I made a list of the things that I think might be improved on the first map. I hope it can help you.

Spoiler:

Again, this is just the first map. I've not gone further.

Oh ok. Now I see what you mean. Thanks for the feedback!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 6, 2016
this game is so amazing
thankz alot for this game ^^

i will be streaming your game sometime
thankz again

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
Can the starters be shiny

also do they have hidden abbilities

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Is this a pure fakemon game, or are there going to be some official Pokemon, or even all 721 of them?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 21, 2024
Is this a pure fakemon game, or are there going to be some official Pokemon, or even all 721 of them?

I'm taking the same approach gen 3 and 4 took. Mostly fakemon but there are some official Pokemon thrown in. But almost every official Pokemon included is because they have a new evolution or a mega evolution. For instance:
latest

Preview for animations:
[hd]-zOetehxcYM[/hd]

Back