• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Cirno's Drawing Pad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2023
Very beautiful art work. <3
It is weird that real animals are actually in the Pokemon world.At first I thought only humans and Monsters existed in the Pokemon world because I never seen or paid attentions to the animals/bugs.I was watching the first series Pokemon anime last month just to remember the old days and I saw a Pigeotto eat a normal worm.I thought Pigeotto only eat monster worms like Catterpie or Wurmple lol.

Years
Thank you everyone for all the comments~! n__n Will take every suggestion into consideration, they're very appreciated! I just updated the thread with the following:

Spoiler:

There's also the underwater picture I did a while back but never made an update post for:

Spoiler:

Years
Wow! These are amazing!
Where did you learn all of this! I think the best thing I have ever done in Photoshop is to make a very bad picture of a close up of a tree and a Lucario image that I found on the internet leaning up against it xD
Again these are great and I hope to see a lot more! :D

NintendoQueen

The Queen of Nintendo
Years
Very nicely done. The coloring on your pictures is quite interesting, and has sort of a "muted" aspect [in a good way---I just cannot think of the right term]. What do you use to create these drawings, because they look digital?

Years
Thank you, Jbsundown! I just had a lot of inspiration to draw around 13-17, so I drew quite a bit and improved at a nice pace. It's fun to look back at my old art and see the difference~!

And thanks, NQ! :3 They are digital, yes, I use Paint Tool SAI. It's one of my favorite programs - moved on from Open Canvas and Photoshop 7 about a year ago to use it.

Years
OHMYGOSHILOVEYOURSTYLE.

I do sketches and line art mainly, and I wish I could do digital art like that. Alas, I'm too poor to afford a tablet. But really, your an amazing artist. I can't wait to see more of your stellar work.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
Spoiler:
[/div][/div]​
30c8twh.jpg

Looking at this one in particular. But speaking for all of them, I do think that they all do look great. I do like the overall technique of soft shading and it does make them look pretty nice. I might suggest adding in more colors though to bring out more form. It doesn't necessarily have to be deeper shades of colors, but more colors might actually help to bring out more form while retaining the style.

Now for this one. I like the understanding of perspective here, particularly the Jumpluffs. Though I think it should blur out the colors I do like how they are getting less detailed as they move back giving a sense of placement. The ocean does kind of lack the perspective though. I think you should try to find a way to make waves other then some lines and show that they are getting closer, as of now, there just is little perspective in that matter. The Background also does look a bit empty, I say work on the foreground first, then start drawing your Pokemon. I'm not sure of your process but a common mistake (that I use to make as well) is that people think you have to place background into the characters when it's actually place the characters into the background. You also have to realize that all the characters should be facing in a certain way to make some sort of interaction. Facing away from the canvas is a no no and will probably effect the overall impact in a bad way. You should also take into consideration that bubbles kind of reflect both light and refract certain objects, almost like little magnifying tools. Those are some things as far as my knowledge of Backgrounds go, I hope it helps out a bit.

Honest

Hi!
Years

Cirno, that is quite possible one of the cutest things I have ever seen.

All of these look simply amazing, you're good at this! I also like the Litwick, although I'm biased there. Litwick's a cutie to begin with. ;D

Nice job!

Years
Wow I am impressed.

Spoiler:

This one is freaking awesome. Do you take requests by any chance? If you do, could you sketch up a Hydreigon for me?

Years
Awesome work definitely better than I can do when it comes to digital art. I do agree with leetcasualgamer though the background is pretty empty. I would try getting all the background figured out before drawing the character in the foreground. Either way though it looks awesone.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Ohhhh Cirno! *V* Your work is so beautiful, I always love seeing your clean, soft and soothing colors. Pretty much everything in this gallery I absolutely adore-- but perhaps this is just a personal preference, but the diagonal lines overlay is really quite distracting on the underwater picture-- It kind of disrupts the flow of the water for me, personally!

I can't wait to see more though, thanks for sharing!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Cirno has asked me to close this till she gets outta her block and starts working on new stuff. So yes, gonna do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back