Female
Canadia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,304 posts
7.1 Years

2-10: In/Dependent

🏖️ Dewford Town 🕙 Sept. 21st, Afternoon

The Knuckle Badge was a little blurry on camera. Marcella tried to focus it a few times, but between the shaky movement as she walked back to the Fan Club, and all the colorful umbrellas and beach towels in the background, it just wouldn't cooperate. Oh, well. He has one of these himself, he gets the point. She flipped the camera back over and focused it on herself.

"Who just got her first badge within a week of her trip?" She gloated merrily. "It's me. And you were worried about—what? What is that look supposed to mean?"

A slightly amused, patronizing smile was returned. How annoying. "Yes, yes, I know. Everyone gets Brawly's badge. That's why I said to go there first."

Classic Avery—couldn't let her be proud for two minutes. "Well, then why did you tell me I had to practice for him?"

He shrugged. "I wanted you to embarrass yourself a little less. I know how easily discouraged you are by stuff like that. He's fun, though, right? Did you learn anything from him?"

"...Yeah," She responded flatly, putting the badge away. "I sure did."

"Anyway, you should probably think about heading back to Slateport, now that you actually have two Pokémon, huh?"

"Psh-yeah, like I'm listening to you again. You were the one who told me to go there in the first place without letting me know the Gym's requirements."

"...No, I'm sure I'd told you about the licensing stuff there first, and also the Gym requirement's, but it all went in one ear and out the other because you were too distracted by the market. Anyway, it's your journey, so go wherever you want, I'm just saying Slateport is a good idea."

She frowned. Was that how it happened? She couldn't really remember. It's possible, she did have fun at the market. But she was considerably less excited to go back to Slateport now. Marcella didn't like backtracking, and it would also probably be a lot less fun without a credit card.

"I'll think about it."

He was getting on her nerve a little. Eager to prove herself, Marcella had made her decision before she hung up. She would be going... well, she didn't know exactly where she was going, but it was anywhere other than where Avery wanted her to go.

"Okay, Bijou, we are going our own way!"

"Mrow?"

"We don't need his help. He's right, this is my journey. I go where I want." She opened a new browser on her phone to start scouting. On the Breezy Seas schedule, it seemed the next ferry leaving Dewford was at 4 pm. Perfect. "Alright! Let's go eat lunch and then start packing for... Petalburg."

Next time I make that call, I'll be showing you something you're not expecting.

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
Level 22

Scratch
Fake Out
Sand Attack
Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
Level 13

Clamp
Water Gun
Whirlpool
Iron Defense

Dear Diary

CHAPTER 2: LIVE FOR FUN

2-1: M.I.A.
2-2: Footwear Filchers
2-3: Cut Off
2-4: Bijou Bootcamp
2-5: Beached
2-6: Pearly
2-7: Showtime - ft. Avril, June, Tsu, Robynn, Shuna
2-8: Natsuko vs. Marcella - ft. Tsu
2-9: The Three C's

Inventory

₱37,000

Medium-sized leather suitcase of clothes
Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
Fanclub Membership Card (Annual)
Luxury Balls x 4
Silk Scarf
Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges

Female
My place
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
132 posts
5.8 Years
Junko Enomoto (June)
Monday, September 20th, Morning

June has made it to the final round of her first Pokemon contest. It was a great feeling, and for the third round she was free to have her Pokemon do whatever kind of performance she wanted to. Naturally, the first thing that came to her mind was something that showed off the beauty of bug-types. Maybe she could use a bug-type move, but that presented one big issue.

Both her Pokemon only knew one bug-type move. Their movepools were very limited until they evolved, which was a long road ahead. Right now, June needed to think of something, and fast- She didn't have a lot of time left before the final round began.

After thinking long and hard, she had an idea, although she wasn't sure how well it would pan out. Only one way to find out.

June took a deep breath before looking down at her two Pokemon who was waiting patiently for her instructions. "Alright, Einstein, we're going to have to rely on your psychic energy for this…"

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for the first performance of our final round, Miss Junko Enomoto!"

The audience greets June with applause, still wearing her green gown. She tosses two of her Pokeballs, sending out both Einstein and Chip.

Facing the audience, June nervously waves. "H-hello everybody, thank you all so much for cheering me on! For my final round I-I'd like to show you all the beauty of bug Pokemon!" She releases an anxious breath, and looks to her Pokemon. "N-now, I want both of you to use Struggle Bug, and then Einstein, you use Confusion, just like we practiced!"

Both Pokemon spits out a burst of green energy, and Einstein uses psychic energy to hold the Struggle Bugs in place, then fusing them. While the Dottler was occupied with that, Chip kicked up sand at the floating green energy. The sand bits get vacuumed up by the Confusion into the green energy, and both start swirling around, getting broken up into vague butterfly shapes with Einstein's psychic energy. Tiny pebbles formed patterns in the "wings". Chip then uses Aqua Jet, skidding against the floor in circles, and Einstein uses his psychic energy to decorate the water-type attack with "butterflies" that trailed Chip.

June looks back at the audience, greeted with a decent amount of applause. She bows, gives a "Thank you all!", and exits the stage with her Pokemon.

She wasn't sure how she felt about her showcase. It was amusing, sure, but June couldn't help but think it was lacking something . She might need to catch some new Pokemon soon to brighten up her performance for the Petalburg Contest Hall.

🐞June's party🐞

Chip grew to level 19!
Spoiler:
  • Einstein (Dottler) lv. 22 M|Telepathy
    Struggle Bug|Super Sonic|Confusion|Light Screen|Reflect
  • Chip (Wimpod) lv. 19 M|Wimp Out
    Struggle Bug|Sand Attack|Defense Curl|Aqua Jet
NNID: Bluekirby2
3DS FC: 3050-8098-0622

Juno

Age 26
Female
Canadia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,304 posts
7.1 Years

2-11: Connections

🏖️ Resort Cove 🕙 Sept. 21st, Afternoon

Sunlight was streaming in through the open window next to her, bouncing off her Knuckle Badge as she spun it on the mahogany table. It was a good enough consolation prize, but Marcella would have felt better if Avery hadn't told her how freely Brawly gave these away. Still, she supposed she did learn a lot from him. And as silly as it was to admit that this League Badge-equivalent of a participation ribbon brightened up her day, it actually did make her feel a bit more eager to forge ahead on her journey.

"Well, Bijou, we got what we came here for," She gave the badge one more spin, before returning to her lunch. The Purrloin had a small dish in front of her as well, in which Marcella had placed all the croutons she picked out of her salad. She was more than happy to eat the carbs. "Wonder what's waiting for us in Petalburg?”

A slightly unsteady voice coming from behind her interrupted her musings. “Oh hi, M-Marcella! I should’ve expected to find you h-here… Is everything alright now? I saw you leave the contest in a rush. I hope it’s okay if I can sit here for lunch?”

Turning around in her chair, her eyes met a pair of bright green ones. It took a second, but she did recognize her—this was one of the girls from the Contest Hall earlier. While it was not out of the ordinary for Marcella to attract attention, it was a little surprising this girl had approached her; they hadn’t really talked backstage, and she looked super nervous the whole time. Still, she seemed quite harmless, and it couldn’t hurt to mingle with her fellow Trainers, so Marcella greeted her warmly. “Oh! Hello. You are... Avril Reese, right?” Thankfully, she still remembered the host’s introduction, and she’d always prided herself on being good with names—it’s an effortless and quick way to endear yourself to others. “Yes, of course. Please, sit.”

“T-thanks! And yes, it’s me!” The girl nodded as she took the only empty seat at the table, the other two being occupied by Bijou and Marcella’s purse. The Flabébé waved as well, looking like it wanted to introduce herself to Marcella. Unfortunately, she couldn't actually talk, and Marcella was not as good with non-people names. What was it, again? Daisy? Posey? Poppy? It's one of those. Whatever, I'm sure it'll come up again. Her Purrloin stood up curiously, peeking over the table at the other Pokémon as well. “Uhm, t-that is…” Avril smiled, as she noticed the small pin next to her fork. “A Knuckle Badge! Congrats, Marcella!”

“Hm? Oh, yes. Bet you have one too, huh?” Marcella absently twirled it between her fingers. “Heard it wasn’t the most prestigious of badges, but it’s a good start, I suppose.”

"Y-yeah, I actually do. And if I have it, then I guess anyone can get one…" Avril shrugged. Daisy-or-Posey-or-Poppy smiled once again as she rested on her Trainer's head. Marcella appraised the unassuming and meek girl. Well, probably, but at least you didn’t lose to a Magikarp. She sulked privately, still not fully over that loss, but was careful not to let her indignance show.

“Oh, I’m sure you battled well, regardless,” She responded reassuringly, as if she knew anything about this Trainer's skills. She leaned back in her chair and took a sip of sparkling water. “Speaking of which, I… had other things to attend to just now, so I’m afraid I didn't watch your Contest battle. How did it go?”

“I-I lost that one. I was caught off guard…” Avril sighed. She didn’t say it, but that actually made Marcella feel a bit better to know. “Shuna, my opponent, was quite kind afterwards, though.” The girl smiled at her before looking around the room, trying to get the attention of a nearby waiter so that she could order her lunch as well. Marcella watched her struggle with this for about half a minute with a raised eyebrow, before waving someone over for her. “Ah, I’m sure we’ll both do better next time. Go ahead, hun,” she nodded towards the menu in front of Avril as the waiter finally approached.

“S-sure, thanks!” Avril nodded nervously before telling the waiter her order. Just as the blonde girl was preoccupied, someone else approached their table. “Excuse me, may I order as well after… oh it’s you! Hi Avril!” Another trainer chimed in. “May I have lunch with you, please?” They grinned.

...Well, I wasn't expecting a whole entourage here, but sure, why don't we all sit at MY table? Marcella thought, quickly shuffling an annoyed Bijou and her croutons over to the chair that her purse was in to make room for their new guest. "Friend of yours, Avril?" She nodded to the androgynous figure politely, as she settled back into her seat.

“Oh, y-yeah. And room neighbor! They’re Hikaru.” Avril chuckled. “I found out only last evening.” She explained to Marcella as Hikaru ordered their own lunch. My, they’ll let anyone into the Fan Club these days.

“Thank you, girls! I have quite the news, but I’ll explain later.” Hikaru announced, as they sat in front of them. “So, I see you also got the Gym badge! You must be a good trainer, uhm…” Hikaru hesitated, looking slightly embarrassed. “W-what’s your name?”

Marcella leaned in slightly to extend a hand across the table as she introduced herself. Her amethyst ring glinted in the sunlight as she reached out. Good. “Marcella MacMillan, pleasure to meet you. And apparently he’s never not given this badge out to challengers, so the latter remains to be seen.”

Hikaru looked back at Marcella as they shook her hand, their expression half way between a smile and a smirk. “Well! He definitely went hard on me. I wonder what strategies he used against you, instead?”

"Oh, interesting—it wasn't too bad for us. Funny story, though, I actually didn't even know I was challenging the Gym Leader himself at the time, so perhaps that's why I wasn't really feeling the pressure," She laughed lightly. "I did learn a lot from him, so I appreciate that."

Avril seemed to have noticed the ring on Marcella’s hand and was trying to get a better look. “That’s a nice piece of jewelry! L-looks expensive also…”

"Oh, thank you. It was a gift from my dad, meant to match Bijou's coat. To celebrate me becoming a Trainer and all.” It was more of a bribe, really—one of the many things he had offered her to make her less reluctant about the journey. “Wasn't too bad, maybe ₱500,000? I can't remember. But anyway! What are your guys' plans for today?"

Avril shook her head, surprised. "That's so cool, I really like jewelry!" She smiled nervously. "All my accessories are nowhere near that expensive… I-I…"

Marcella smiled back, always keen to hear others’ admiration for her, but Avril’s gushing was quickly drowned out by the more journey-oriented Hikaru. "Oh, plans for today? Training some more, of course, and… well, visiting Granite Cave! If there's a cool event or sight to see, you know I'd better be there too. And it apparently hides many treasures as well. Might as well ask, do you want to come along?”

She recalled the pamphlet she’d taken yesterday about Granite Cave, but had promptly stricken it from her agenda—caving did not seem like her idea of a good time. It was also doubtful that this person’s idea of a ‘treasure’ would be the same as hers, anyway, and she already had other plans for today. “That sounds fascinating, but I do want to make the 4 pm ferry to Petalburg today, and there’s no telling how long this little spelunking adventure might last. So I’m afraid I’ll have to pass this time, dear, but do let me know what treasures you end up finding.”

“I’m not coming either, I j-just don’t like caves, sorry!” Avril added, shaking her head. “I’d rather just take some time to… uh, relax probably. Or look for an odd job.”

Hikaru also shook their head. “Well, you know what, I have a similar issue with… money. We can team up if you want! As for you…” They looked at Marcella with a grin. “You’re not coming, I know, I know. So, is it okay if I introduce you to my blog? I can keep you updated on the treasures I find that way, instead.”

A blog—how cute. It had been a minute since Marcella had heard of anyone writing blogs, but to be polite, she pulled out her phone and opened a new browser page for Hikaru to put down their link. “Sure. I do have a long ferry ride ahead of me, so some reading material will be nice.”

“You know, we… w-we could also just exchange numbers right?” Avril chimed in, as the waiter finally brought over everyone’s lunch.

She thought about that. These two couldn't have picked a better time to approach her, really. None of her close friends were all that helpful with Pokémon, which had been forcing her to rely on Avery a lot more. And he’d been quite insufferable about it. If she could spread out her questions and advice-seeking between these kids instead... "That's a great idea!” She flipped on over to her phone’s Contacts app when Hikaru was done, before handing it back over to them.

“T-thank you Marcella.” Avril smiled and nodded. “So now you have both of us registered, correct?”

She hummed affirmatively, tapping her phone a few times. Avril, done. H-I-K-A-R-U. That’s probably right. She flipped back to their blog quickly to check her spelling, before setting down the device.

“You’ll get some exciting updates soon, I’m sure of it!” Hikaru added. “Don’t check the last one though…” They continued, smiling nervously as they touched the bandage on their elbow. Marcella glanced curiously, but decided not to ask about it. Her eyes landed back on her lockscreen as a text message lit it up. More importantly, though, it was almost 2 pm.

“Well, look at the time!” It would probably take her an hour or so to pack everything back into that rigid, leather suitcase; she did pull almost everything out to find her green dress last night. That would leave just enough time for a bit of a rest afterwards, and then getting back to the terminal to catch the right ferry. “It was a pleasure to make your guys’ acquaintance, and—oh! Lunch is on me." She quickly waved the waiter back over for the bill, pulling out ₱6,000. Old habits die hard.

“T-thank you Marcella!” Avril just smiled, waving the taller girl goodbye. Hikaru shrugged instead. “See you in Petalburg, I guess… Enjoy the trip!” They cheered.

“Don’t mention it, dear. And thanks, I will!” Swiftly gathering her belongings, including the now-sleepy Bijou, Marcella took her leave and made her way back to their room. Hopefully, her new acquaintances will render Avery's services obsolete.

A JP Featuring:

Eleanor as Avril Reese
Eleanor as Hikaru Wright

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
Level 22

Scratch
Fake Out
Sand Attack
Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
Level 13

Clamp
Water Gun
Whirlpool
Iron Defense

Dear Diary

2-11: Connections

Inventory

₱31,000 (-₱6,000 for lunch)

Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
Luxury Balls x 4
Silk Scarf
Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges

Groc

Dapper bowler hat

Age 30
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,496 posts
10.5 Years
Natsuko Soyokaze
Monday, September 21st, late morning
Dewford Town, Contest Hall

Tsu paces and frets backstage, waiting for her turn. "Third round… the final round… why didn't I plan something? Okay, think… what can we do?"

"Next up, Miss Natsuko Soyokaze! Here to showcase the talents of her Pokémon!"

"Really?!" With no plan or time to make one, Tsu heads onto the stage to improvise. They hand her a microphone as she comes out, and the crowd cheers and applauds for her.

"H-hello! I'm Natsuko, but you can call me Tsu, if that's easier. Probably should've said so earlier, huh?" There are a few laughs, as people remember the host having difficulty with her name earlier.

"But you're not here to see me, you probably want to see Shiny and Stacy, right?" More cheers, but Tsu feels they're getting impatient with her. "So, here they are!"

She tosses the Poké Balls, Shiny prancing about as she appears, while Stacy sits on the stage and shivers a little. Tsu crouches down next to her, moving the mic away so the audience can't hear her ask, "Hey, are you okay? Don't be nervous, you'll do great! ...Shiny, can you get a Sunny Day over here?"

She stands back up as Shiny prepares the fake sun, speaking into the mic again. "Sorry about that, folks! I guess Stacy’s feeling…"

Shiny tosses the orb, which bursts and hovers over Stacy's head.

"...a little light-headed!" A few laughs, but more groans from the audience. Tsu laughs nervously, her hand on the back of her head. Oh, that didn't go over well…

"Uh… hey! You wanna see my Pokémon jump over each other?" She nods to Shiny, who trots over and easily jumps over Stacy. "Hmmm… you're right folks, it would be more impressive the other way. Come on, Stacy, give us a Splash!"

Stacy snaps out of whatever rut she was in, jumping over Shiny's back. Tsu thinks back to the fight, when she bounced off Shiny, and gets an idea. "Let's see just how high you can jump!"

Stacy jumps onto Shiny's back, then onto her head, then into the air. "Shiny, you jump too!" Shiny bounces Stacy a couple times, then jumps up, Stacy leaping even higher from the boost.

"Now use Agility!" Shiny runs back and forth, juggling Stacy in the air. Ponyta are already powerful jumpers, but coupled with Agility, Shiny reaches anime levels of jumping ability. With her Splashing, Stacy is almost able to reach the scaffolding over the stage.

Stacy has never jumped so high in her life. With Tsu’s direction and Shiny's help, the little Magikarp is soaring higher than she'd ever dared to dream. She puts all of her effort into her next Splash, leaping off of Shiny and above the spotlights. She hears Tsu’s delighted laughter, the cheers of the crowd, and in this moment, she isn't just Stacy, she's the Grand Duchess Anastasia!

The Duchess starts to glow with golden light, more vibrant even than the Sunny Day orb which quietly winks out below her. There are a few gasps from those who recognize what's happening, and Tsu smiles in delight. Is she evolving?!

Hanging in midair above the stage, the Duchess transforms from a humble 2 ½ foot long fish into a 21 foot long sea serpent.

Tsu’s smile is frozen on her face, but her eyes go wide with sudden realization. Oh no… she's evolving…

The Duchess lands heavily on the stage, roaring in joy and triumph. Tsu turns to the audience, smiling nervously. "Haha… w-wow! You don't see that every day, right folks?"

The Duchess leans in, and suddenly grabs Tsu in her mouth. Her (justifiably) panicked scream is muffled, made inaudible by the collective gasp that runs through the room. The Duchess tosses Tsu lightly, gently, into the air, then ducks her head to catch her Trainer. Tsu is shaken, clinging to Stacy's crown-like head crest. She'd dropped the microphone, but still gives a shaky "Ta-da…"

Shiny hops onto Stacy's tail, and is lifted off the ground. The crowd applauds, and Stacy lowers her head to the floor so Tsu can climb down. Tsu bows to the audience, keeping a hand on Shiny for support, and quickly returns Stacy to her ball before walking off stage.

Groc

Dapper bowler hat

Age 30
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,496 posts
10.5 Years
Edison Kintobor, Marie Mocinno
Monday, September 21st, morning
Dewford Town

"Eddie, you can't stay in your room all day!" Sunny yells through the locked door. She pounds on the door, as though it will help.

Ed stays seated at the small desk in his room, tinkering with his Holotch. As he'd expected, the direct application of two magnetic Pokémon and their combined Thunder Waves had shorted out even the insulated circuits of his Holotch. He's certainly voiding the warranty, trying to fix it himself, but it'll be worth it if he can get it working again.

"I don't plan on it, Sunny. If I can get my phone working again, I'll give you a call. Until then, this will go faster if you're not distracting me."

There's a pause, and then a barely audible sigh. "Fine. I'll be at the Contest Hall with Tsu later. She's performing today, and would really like it if we were there."

Ed stops to think that over. A Contest could be fun to see… "If I'm finished by then, I'll meet you there." Sunny leaves after that, apparently knowing that's as much as she'll get out of him, and lets him work in peace.

In the past, Ed would have been happy to spend hours playing with some device like this. But for some reason, today he finds himself listless, stuck in his room. So, after replacing some damaged parts and successfully getting his Holotch to turn on resync with his Pokédex, he finds himself out of the Pokémon Center and on the beach of Dewford Town.

"Nothing like a little field work to clear my head, I suppose. Now, let's try to scan… Clamperl, why not?" He brings up the display, initiates the scan, and almost immediately gets a nasty surprise as his Holotch vibrates wildly, even emitting a spark at one point.

"Okay! Not ready yet!" Luckily, he'd brought his tools with him, and after a quick adjustment stabilizes the issue. Hopefully…

Unfortunately, he's apparently drawn the attention of some locals. A pair of Clobbopus approach him inquisitively, and a nearby Clamperl opens up its shell to look at him.

"No, I don't have time for this. I'll just leave you all alone…" he turns to head back to the Center, but one of the Clobbopus grabs onto his leg. It's surprisingly strong, nearly pulling him over as he tries to walk.

"I suppose we're doing this, then! Everybody, get out here!" He swipes his hand along his belt, triggering all of his Poké Balls at once. "Psywave, Shock Wave, Leer and Bite!"

Aster targets the Clobbopus that didn't grab Ed, blasting it away with telekinetic force. Neo shocks the Clamperl before it can get any ideas of joining in, and it shuts its shell. Gremlin grins menacingly at the Clobbopus on Ed's leg, and it lets go, only for Addie to chomp down on it, sending it scurrying away as it makes "woop woop" noises.

"Wow, that may have been overkill. Not having a good day, Edison?"

He looks up to see Marie sauntering towards him, oversized sunglasses shielding her eyes from the morning glare and Tuie perched in her thick hair.

"Oh, Miss Marie… hello." He returns his Pokémon to their Poké Balls, except for Addie, who runs over to say hello to Marie. "Not exactly. Yesterday wasn't a good day, I'm hoping to make today a better one."

Marie crouches down to shake Addie's little hand. "Oh? What happened yesterday?"

"Well, it's a long story, so I'll summarize. I went to Granite Cave, got in a fight in the lower tunnels, and fell in a hole. My Holotch got broken, and I spent most of last night and this morning trying to fix it."

"Trying to…? Why don't you just buy a new one? I'm sure someone sells phones here."

"I'm sure they do, but I'm rather attached to my current model. I like the watch style, leaves my hands free. But, I suppose if I can't get mine working, I'll have to swallow my pride and invest in a new one. I wonder if anyone sells Pokétch brand smart watches…" He rubs his chin as he thinks, momentarily forgetting Marie is here.

"I think the PokéNav brand is popular here. Isn't it?" Marie coos at Addie. Her tone of voice clearly indicating a redirect to Ed, she continues. "I have the latest PokéGear- they're pretty similar to the 'Nav these days. Would you like to test it out?"

Her comment snaps Ed back to the conversation. "The latest model, you say? That might be worth seeing. Just to keep my options open, test the waters, you know… yes, please. And thank you."

Marie fishes her phone from her back pocket and hands it over. "Code is 2664. Which features do you look for?"

"Well, I primarily use it for the Pokédex function, so ease of use and a quality camera are high priorities. Beyond that, the Ranger database for Pokémon information, the maps function for area information, and I suppose I occasionally make calls as well." Ed pulls up the camera app, looking around the area. He passes it over Marie, pauses for half a second on Tuie in her hair, then pans down to Addie.

Using the Pokédex app, he scans Addie, seeing that it works as intended. "Overall, not bad… Hmm, maybe if I try the SCAN function…" Without waiting for permission, Ed pulls up the database, scanning the area for Clamperl once more.

"Wait, what's a scan function?" Marie asks, getting in close to peer at her phone as it gently pings in Ed's hand.

"The Ranger database has all sorts of information on Pokémon, including samples of their bio-acoustics. You can actually simulate those sounds, which helps you hone in on the Pokémon in question. Like, here, see? There's a Clamperl nearby, underneath that soda stand over there, looks like. Let's go take a look."

He leads her toward the building in question, following the PokéGear like a map. "Look around underneath for something blue, that'll be Clamperl."

Marie greets and explains herself to the proprietor, who doesn’t seem to have a problem with the endeavor. After some rather halfhearted searching, Marie speaks up again- “You did say blue, correct?”

Ed stops looking over the phone's features at her words. "Yes, why? Clamperl are blue, see?" He joins her under the building, showing her the picture of Clamperl.

"Are you sure they don't also come in purple? Because this looks very much like that." She toes some sand with her running shoe, exposing more of the creature's shell.

Ed hands her phone back to her, crouching down to get a closer look and sweeping sand off with his hand. "Huh, fancy that… it's said that Pokémon can be differently colored from time to time. My own Sableye, for example. They used to say one in every 8000 is a different color- or 'shiny', on the forum boards- but the Ranger database has shown a dramatic increase in numbers. Here in Hoenn, you'll probably find one in a hundred is 'shiny'."

"I knew Natu came in different colors sometimes, but I didn't know other Pokémon did."

The Clamperl cracks its shell open, finally taking note of the two trainers hovering nearby.

"Well, any Pokémon can, it's just rare… hello there!" Ed notices Clamperl notice them. "Sorry to disturb you, we were just testing out some new technology, and it led us straight to you. Love the shell, by the way, very attractive."

The Clamperl studies them, appears to take the compliment, and settles back into the sand. Marie brings out her phone once more, taps a few things, and turns the screen to Ed.

“I can't find the scan or whatever. Show me how to do that?”

Ed takes the phone, standing next to Marie so she can watch what he does. "Well, you go into the database, find the local map, and… oh. Right…" Ed points to the SCAN option, which is currently grayed out and inaccessible.

"I probably should have mentioned, you can only scan once in an area. The Rangers actually regulate the usage of that feature, as it has been shown to have an effect on the local Pokémon population. You'll have to go to a different zone on the database map."

“The closest zones seem to be the cave and… what is that, half the island? ‘West Wilds’? You were in the cave yesterday, weren’t you? So let’s go west.”

"Yes, I spent quite a few hours in those caves…" Ed thinks back to his time in the cave yesterday before suddenly catching on to what Marie said. "Hang on, 'us'? You want me to go to the western side of the island with you?"

"Yes, of course! You used the one shot here, so we have to go elsewhere. And you'll have to come along to make sure I do it right."

Ed starts to protest, but there is logic in what she says. And if nothing else, he can field test his Holotch again, or keep sampling her model of phone… "Fair enough. I hadn't planned that far ahead for today, and it could be fun. Lead the way, Miss Marie."

A joint post between Groc and Aquacorde.

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,687 posts
4.4 Years

Avril Reese

16 - ♀ - Laverre City

with Hikaru

Pokémon / Inventory:
AVRIL'S MONEY: $7 000

AVRIL'S TEAM:
🌼 Poppy (Flabebe) -♀- lv. 25
Flower Veil
Synthesis, Fairy Wind, Grassy Terrain, Lucky Chant, Wish, Magical Leaf

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos) -♀- lv. 23
Storm Drain
Water Pulse, Mud Bomb, Recover, Rain Dance, Mud Sport, Hidden Power (?)

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay) -♂- lv. 15
Infiltrator
Swagger, Hypnosis, Wrap, Pluck, Reflect, Psybeam

HIKARU'S TEAM:
⚡ Rei (Tynamo) -♂- lv. 19
Levitate
Charge Beam, Spark, Thunder Wave, Tackle

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu) - lv. 17
Illuminate
Psywave, Rapid Spin, Water Gun, Minimize, Confuse Ray, Harden

⚡ Aruku (Clobbopus) -♀- lv. 15
Technician
Rock Smash, Leer, Feint, Detect, Bind

AVRIL'S INVENTORY:
🌼 Holotch (phone version)
🌼 Fanclub Membership card
🌼 Eviolite
🌼 Silk Scarf
🌼 Various clothes and commodities

AVRIL'S CONTACTS:
Jordie, Shuna, Natsuko, June, Marcella

AVRIL'S BADGES:
🥊
HIKARU'S BADGES:
🥊

🌼 Character art made with https://picrew.me/image_maker/94097
Costs and benefits
Monday, September 21st - 1 to 2:30 a.m. - Dewford Town
Avril’s first attempt at a Contest was actually quite encouraging for the future. Shuna was definitely a more experienced battler, but the blonde girl was able to keep up her pace for a while! Luckily, she was also a very understanding opponent, who quickly helped our Avril and made her feel at ease even when her Pokémon fainted.

The next contest was only going to be the following morning, though, so Hikaru’s suggestion of spending some time together and getting some money was well met. Right after lunch, Avril and her almost roommate were right in front of the job board, trying to find something to do. Sure, it wasn’t as large and as exhaustive as the Pokémon Center board, but it did its job.

“Pyukumuku… some cleaning… more Pyukumuku…” Hikaru mused. “And the pay isn’t even that great…”

“Well…” Avril adjusted her glasses on her face. “Down here there’s something! I don’t know about this though. It’s a bit weird.”

“Ooh? That is a nice reward though! We can split it in two and it’s still a decent amount. All for… gathering berries?”

“Gathering berries in the… wild? What is that all about?”

“Well yes, the whole western part of the island is… some sort of natural reserve, I think! Tons of Pokémon and plants, and you need to go through a Ranger outpost. Not a big deal though, we got this Avril!”

“If you say so…”

After some preparations, Avril and Hikaru met once again, this time right out of the Fanclub. She had put on something more fit for adventuring, which in her case meant shorts, closed sneakers and a T-shirt, with her usual cloth bag to top it all off. They had a similar shirt, but also long jeans, what looked like a pair of actual trainers, and their entire red backpack… for some reason. They wanted to visit the cave by themselves, they said, after the odd job was dealt with.

Once they reached the center of Dewford, all they had to do was head towards the beach and find the little bar that “asked” for help. A relatively large, wooden shack with many beach umbrellas all around it, and a very rustic feel overall. A blackboard near the entrance read “Special cocktails, limited stock!”

“Oh, someone actually read it!” An older man approached the two trainers from behind the counter, as soon as they explained why they were here. “I’m glad to have you two here!” He smiled, somewhat nervously. “You know, I’m getting competition and I need to end this season well so…”

“So you want to get you some special ingredients from the Wilds?” Avril added.

“Y-yeah, that’s it… here’s a few Berries and fruits that you can get!” The man smiled, picking up a few different samples from under the counter. “We turn them into drinks, cocktails, and treats for our guests. And if we use those ingredients, well, we’ll have some sort of exclusive.”

Just a few minutes later, and the two trainers were on their way, with Hikaru getting one more cloth bag to keep in all the fruits. While Avril considered it to be a little sketchy, Hikaru was just praising the man’s plan and how much he was willing to invest in those limited edition drinks.

“That’s a big reward for just gathering some fruits.” Hikaru stated as the Ranger Outpost was visible in the distance. “A good head start. I did tell you…”

“What? That you need money? Yeah!” Avril giggled, but still a bit nervously. “Just be careful with your wounds I guess.”

“Oh, they’re getting much better.” Hikaru replied. “But what’s not getting better is my skateboard. When I fell, it also got destroyed, and I want a new one!”

“If you promise to be more careful…” Avril sighed - and yet, she couldn’t really help but admire Hikaru and their resoluteness. “I can help a bit.”

When people grow up, they often lose sight of the most important part of themselves. However, I don't want you to ever throw those things away. The power to believe in people, the heart that never gives up... don't ever sacrifice those.
Reginald Kastle2020 Staff Collab

Eleanor 🌸 Paired with Ninetales 🌸 Moderator of Challenges and Writer's Lounge

Evily

Always follow your Dreams ~

Female
Everywhere :3
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
202 posts
4 Years

Shunana Kamado

Monday, September 21 {11:00 a.m.}
Epoch 2.???: Dewford City
Contest! 3rd Round Finally!

“Next up, Miss Shuna Kamado! Our final contestant!”

Shuna slowly walked out to the center of the stage, nervous and excited to perform her final routine. She was thinking of dancing again, despite already doing so in the first round. But the dance will be different, she was thinking of doing one of the dances her grandmother drilled into her, reminding her of her mother because of where it originated from. Once again, she released her pokemon, readying herself for the workout about to occur.

“I don’t know if you remember me from the first round, but my name is Shuna Kamado! Thank you for all the support and I'm here to showcase my pokemon, once again, in this final round! I hope you enjoy the show!” Shuna smiled before bowing lightly, her pokemon doing the same before they straightened up. She counted backwards from ten in her mind before beginning the show: she began to dance, reminiscing the videos and lessons her grandmother put her through in the past.

Finn creates three balls made of ice using the move, “Ice Ball”, as he holds Aron on his head, using his strength to not drop either. He started to juggle the three, throwing and performing all kinds of stunts like jumping and doing flips while catching the balls in time before they face the floor. A bead of sweat rolled down the pokemon’s face as he did his best to keep up the routine and not let Argo fall.

Then, he threw one of the ice balls up, right after Argo did his best to shape himself inward like a ball, allowing Finn to grab him as he used Water Gun to push the ice ball higher. He threw Argo upwards and juggled the last two ice balls.

Argo’s claws glowed white as he grew closer to the ice ball, and seconds later, said item was broken like glass into pieces. The remains rained down, showering the stage in a shower of sparkling ice. As Argo fell, Finn threw the other two ice balls upwards, leaving his hands open, ready to catch Argo.

As Shuna continued to dance, she flinched, but kept moving. The incident at Granite Cave came to mind as the pain in her ankle returned. She did her best to hide the wound and take pain killers to keep the pain at bay during the first and second round, but it seems the effects were now wearing off...

The small critter broke the other ice ball, adding to the shower of ice. Once Argo was in Finn’s safe hands and placed down, Finn created the fourth and last ice balls, heavier than normal due to having a Water Pulse hidden inside the bigger ball. As Argo went to join Shuna’s dance, Finn threw the heavier ball upwards, sending it about five feet upwards and using a powered-up Water Gun to break the ice ball, creating another shower of ice. Lastly, he threw the last ball, but as he did, Argo positioned himself in a ball formation once he was near Finn. The mudfish pokemon grabbed Finn and used a normal-version Water Gun to send the ice ball higher than the previous, about two feet higher than the last. He stopped the water gun and used both hands, throwing Argo as hard as he can towards the ice ball, then used Water Gun to propel Argo further up. Instead of using Metal Claw, Argo stayed in his formation, but used Harden, causing his body to shine a bit and gleam in the lights. Due to his hardened body and the amount of strength, the closision caused the Ice Ball to break. The combination created a fountain-like effect with a shower of ice and water mixed in.

Finn broke the stream and caught Argo, who unfurled and jumped down landing beside Shuna as Finn jumped to her other side.

Momentarily, the pain spiked and Shuna flinched, her ankle ready to give out any moment. Instead of striking a pose, she decided to use a different approach. The girl finished her dance by stopping in the middle with her pokemon beside her, using one hand to grab her dress and the other to extend outwards, moving most of her weight on her un-injured leg, her pokemon copying her movements the best they can. Then, they bowed as the shower rained down, the remains reaching the girl and her pokemon.

Current Team:
Spoiler:
{Male}Mudfish Pokemon - Finn (Marshtomp)[Torrent] - Bide, Water Gun, Ice Ball, Mud Shot {Lvl.??}
{Male}Tiny Bird Pokemon - Pidge (Pidgeotto)[Keen Eye] - Quick Attack, Air Cutter, Sand Attack, Gust, Whirlwind {Lvl. ??}
{Male}Iron Armor Pokemon - Argo (Aron)[Sturdy] - Tackle, Harden, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb{Lvl. ??}
{Female}Revolving Pokemon - Inka (Inkay)[Suction Cups] - Peck, Hypnosis, Wrap, Payback, Pluck, Psybeam {Lvl. ???}

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokedollars (???)
Camping Kit
First Aid
Snacks & Water
Extra Clothes
Mystic Water (Held By Finn)
Potions
Pokeballs
Berries - Cheri x1, Chesto x1, Pecha x1, Oran x1, Persim x1
Cover Fossil
Plume Fossil
Quick Balls
Honey x2

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,687 posts
4.4 Years

Hikaru

18 - - Castelia City

With Avril

Pokémon / Inventory:
HIKARU'S TEAM:
⚡ Rei (Tynamo), ♂ lv. 19
Levitate
Still not much

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu), lv. 17
Illuminate

⚡ Aruku! (Clobbopus), ♀ lv. 15
Technician

AVRIL'S TEAM:
🌼 Poppy (Flabebe), ♀ lv. 25
Flower Veil

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos), ♀ lv. 23
Storm Drain

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay), ♂ lv. 15
Infiltrator

AVRIL'S BADGES:
🥊
HIKARU'S BADGES:
🥊

Half baked plan
Monday, September 21st - about 3:30 p.m. - Dewford West Wilds
We walked on a rough path for quite a while, as the scenery kept alternating between dense forests, shrublands, and some small clearings. The berries we were looking for were too rare for me to bother, and it was mostly Avril who was able to recognize them and point out the places where they could grow. The only problem was that I was responsible for actually going off the beaten path to pick them up, at least when Avril didn’t feel confident to do it herself.

Eventually, though, that got quite boring. As I felt a bit more confident in my ability to spot those berries, and just as scared not to find enough of them to grant us both a good pay, I just decided to split up and look for more ingredients on my own, deeper into the woods.

Now, I could think of tons of things that were more interesting than berries. An unusual wild Pokémon, some nice scenery, my hair. But this is way more than I asked for! This… this is an actual entrance to a cave…!

Yep, I just need to crouch a little and not smash my head against these rocks and roots, and then I’m in. Or rather, we’re in, if things go well. This looks like a pretty large cave as well, and probably is connected to the Granite Cave that those two talked about… this really makes things easier.

I brought tons of stuff with me because I didn’t know what the Wilds would be like, but also because I wanted to be ready to sneak into the caves if Avril gave me that chance. But now I have a better idea. It will be perfect. And yes, I know Avril is not an adventurous type, but I am already thinking of ways to overcome this problem. Hopefully I can use the shape of the cave to my advantage.

⚡⚡⚡

“Avril, help! Help please!”

“Where- What happened? You said you were fine on your own?”

“My pouch is GONE!” I cry out, trying to go for Avril’s arm again. “Please help me get it back, will you? There’s my Pokéballs in there!” Fairly convincing if I say so myself!

“Uhm, how did that even happen?”

“A… Makuhita stole it and… just come, ok? Before it’s too late!”

Everything seems to go as planned. I finally get Avril to leave the path and adventure into the jungle, and bring her closer to destination. “See this cave? I saw Makuhita hide in here and… I’m a bit afraid of going in without someone to watch my back, you know? Especially because I have no Pokémon anymore.”

The girl looks… quite scared, to say the least. “I-I-I can try… I know it’s super important but…” She mutters, even though her eyes are saying quite the opposite. Immediately, I grab her arm even more convincingly and nod, trying to look more desperate than her (definitely not an easy task), and walk into the small burrow.

Just a few steps in, she asks me to light up the caves, because it’s getting too dark to see. I just tell her that I’m not prepared for this and that she’ll have to use her Holotch, which she reluctantly does. That seems enough to reassure her though, so we keep walking for a couple more steps together. Please, just a bit more!

⚡⚡⚡

“Help, Avril! That hurt…”

“I-I-I… what happened there?”

“I-I tripped and fell down here and… I really need help.”

“O-o-okay, let me just get some R-Rangers then…”

“No no no please! We’re not even supposed to be in here! Just… just come and help me get up ok? We’ll find a way!”

I should’ve known, I should’ve known. I did everything perfect up until this point. I brought her to the right spot, where the tunnel ends and a steep ledge leads into a bigger cave opening, and I took a leap of faith by actually jumping down there and pretending I got hurt. Perfect plan, really, I know.

I’m not even in danger, not as much as she thinks I am. My pouch and my Pokéballs are hidden in my usual red backpack, where I’ve also hidden some caving stuff and an old Escape Rope I brought all the way from Unova. I also like to think that I know a couple things about underground places… after all, I’ve been inside the Castelia Sewers a couple times.

And yet, I’m still biting my nails. She’s one step from actually making my plan succeed. If only she’d get down here with me… If only…

I can already savor all the money we can make from the treasures hidden in here. Or our Mega Evolved Pokémon decimating every Gym Leader in this region. But I want her beside me as I explore the cave, because I know it will be dangerous if I go by myself, and I'm sure that despite how she acts, she's a good trainer.

Yet, I think she knows that she can’t climb up, and she doesn't know that I brought a rope. And if she’s going to call rangers, then I might really be in danger, because this was all my idea. I can’t fool them the same way I’m trying to fool her, I didn’t think about this.

I keep staring at Avril up above me, as she looks down in utter fear. But then, the balance is broken. A solution is found. Except… it’s the worst solution I could hope for.

I hear Avril screaming, a short and acute yelp that echoes through the cave. Behind her, two glowing eyes show up, as she turns around and slips on the rocks, failing to hold onto them. In the blink of an eye she’s right beside me, on the bottom of the cave, her clothes and skin covered with mud and…

“N-no… What happened there…”

I point my XT’s screen towards her. Her forearms are littered with cuts, and she’s bleeding.

When people grow up, they often lose sight of the most important part of themselves. However, I don't want you to ever throw those things away. The power to believe in people, the heart that never gives up... don't ever sacrifice those.

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,687 posts
4.4 Years

Avril Reese

16 - ♀ - Laverre City

with Hikaru

Pokémon / Inventory:

AVRIL'S TEAM:
🌼 Poppy (Flabebe) -♀- lv. 25
Flower Veil

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos) -♀- lv. 23
Storm Drain

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay) -♂- lv. 15
Infiltrator

HIKARU'S TEAM:
⚡ Rei (Tynamo) -♂- lv. 19
Levitate

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu) - lv. 17
Illuminate

⚡ Aruku (Clobbopus) -♀- lv. 15
Technician

AVRIL'S INVENTORY:
🌼 Eviolite
🌼 Silk Scarf

AVRIL'S CONTACTS:

AVRIL'S BADGES:
🥊
HIKARU'S BADGES:
🥊

Underground betrayal
Monday, September 21st - 3:30 to 4 p.m. - Granite Cave Depths
Most of the checkmarks on my imaginary list of things to do in Dewford were ticked off. And that was also including things that weren’t supposed to be there, like meeting June and nearly “kissing” her in public, or getting Poppy knocked out by other trainers.

All I had left, I’ll admit, is relax for a bit, try to take it all in, and maybe hang out with all the friends I’ve met on my journey so far. Calling home and trying to reach out to Lucas and Vanessa would be a good idea also…

What Hikaru had suggested was also a good idea, though. I could surely get behind doing some odd jobs, as it was a somewhat reliable way to get money in between everything else I was using my time for. Hopefully that berry search was enough to cover, at least, the ticket I paid for last night.

My mind is still filled with these thoughts as I walk inside that cave with Hikaru, nearly as worried about them and their Pokémon as I’m worried about going back to our scheduled plan. But in the blink of an eye, my mind goes blank.

A chill goes down my spine as I struggle to distinguish Hikaru, down in the cave depths, and I stop myself on the edge of that tunnel. I know I can’t climb back if I fall down, and I have nothing to help Hikaru get up either once they find their stuff, so all I need to do is get out of there and call for help. Rangers, maybe. I turn around.

There are two glowing… eyes on a dark silhouette I can barely see. They’re right in front of me, blocking the way to the exit. As my own eyes lock onto them, that’s when I lose it.

I scream, jump away, stumble, lose footing, scramble for a handhold, scratch my arms, try to protect my face as I land, and stumble clumsily as I touch ground again. I try to climb the ledge, I even call out Angie and try to step onto her to make it out of there, but nothing.

A weird purple liquid comes out of her body as her cries take me back to reality. I need to focus on the positives. My glasses are intact, and so is my cloth bag and everything in there. My clothes are dirty but still salvageable. And my Holotch is still alive and well, its light unceremoniously still active as it landed on the cave floor somewhere nearby. I’m still there beside Hikaru should they need anymore help. But.

I’m trapped in a dangerous, dark, cold, wet cave, with someone I still have mixed feelings about, and with cuts all over my exposed forearms. They’re not so deep, but they still burn.

“Ok, uhm… A-Avril…” Hikaru begins as they point their X-Transceiver’s light at me. “J-just give your eyes some time, it’s fine… it’s fine.”

“IT’S NOT FINE!” I spit out, and my scream echoes through the cave before I get my mouth shut by my companion’s hand. “T-Th-th…” I try to mumble some gibberish.

“Please, just be quieter Avril… Wild Pokémon can come out…”

“Yeah, o-ok...” I mutter, trying not to lash out at Hikaru - who might as well be just as worried as I am right now. “Well first, could you like… pick up my Shellos so that she can wash these wounds?”

“Sure.” They get Angie in their arms and let her spray some small Water Pulses over my wounded arms. The cold water feels like heaven compared to the dirt and mud I’ve landed on, as it flows down from my forearms and cleans them of the dust and dirt.

“Ok, so. You saw what I saw right?” I immediately ask, and they answer affirmatively. “I don’t know what that was but it can’t be good.”

“Pokémon who don’t like us being here probably.” Hikaru replies, their voice unsteady. “Or who like to prank people.”

"That's not good… like I haven't had enough of these pranks." I sigh. I try to reach my Holotch and point its light up at the cave from where I’ve fallen down, but there doesn’t seem to be any Pokémon there anymore. "By the way, how are we getting out of here? O-once you get your Pokémon that is…"

If they really did lose their Pokémon, then I can understand why they were so desperate to get into this cave. But that didn’t mean that I would stay in here even one more second than necessary. And not to mention, their story didn’t seem that convincing. A Makuhita running into a cave with all their stuff?

Eventually we start walking around the cave. My wounds are not a nice sight, but they are not bleeding much anymore and that is already a good sign… if I’m careful not to bust them open again or something. Unlike Hikaru, I can still count on my Pokémon, and that gives me a bit more strength to continue.

“Aruku could be helpful, if I find her that is. Otherwise… your Pokémon are just too small, aren’t they?” Hikaru asks. I think about it for a bit but I can’t come up with any plan that involves Poppy, Angie, or even Wisteria. “Yeah, I got nothing.” I sigh.

“Well, maybe there are some good Pokémon down here. Do you have Pokéballs?”

“No, sorry… you?”

“I do have some empty balls. So with them and your PoKémon, we can get something done. Do you know what could be down here? Other than…” I can’t really see Hikaru clearly, but I think they’re shuddering. “Yeah, that thing with glowing eyes?”

I try to recall some more information but there’s not much that comes to my mind. I don’t even know if this is a viable area to catch Pokémon in, since we’re not supposed to be here. But in the middle of all that nothingness..

“That nose thing! I believe there were a few near the Ranger place.” I finally declare, still unsure of what its name even is. It does look big and sturdy enough to be climbed upon and that alone is a good thing if it means reaching the top of the ledge from before. Turns out my idea is even better than what I expected, though.

“You’re so clever! That thing can act as a compass and help us find the way out!” Hikaru gushes. “They’re probably going to be hard to find though… let’s just go and search for one alright? Nosepass should be the name for it, in case we need to scan.”

“Nos…” I try to repeat the name as I attempt to open the Scanning app on my Holotch. “Give me just a bit, ok?”

I’m just a bit too slow though. I get interrupted by something hitting my feet and I almost fall over, barely holding on to the nearby cave wall. Immediately my light moves right onto it, and I notice it’s a Pokémon. Poppy screams in my place, as the dim sparkles of her Fairy Wind let me realize that she’s now floating above my head. Angie turns around quickly and fires off a Water Pulse, which knocks back the Pokémon.

Hikaru is standing a few steps away, trying to lead the way, when they turn around. I don’t pay them much attention, as I know that they have no Pokémon on them, and focus on Angie’s new opponent - definitely an Aron, just like Shuna’s. My light reveals not just the Aron, but the rocks it’s trying to summon around Angie… Rock Tomb, probably. Behind it - and this is the scariest thing - more Aron are arriving, seemingly attracted by me… my berries!

“Hikaru! Help…” I call out, mindlessly, as Angie tries to set up a Mud Sport. I’m not sure how they could help me, but I can make do with nearly anything, even if it’s just a few words of encouragement.

When I see what they’re about to do, though, I wish they didn’t help me at all.

WHY…?

“Come out, Hoshi!”

Juno

Age 26
Female
Canadia
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,304 posts
7.1 Years

3-1: Fiancé

🏖️ Resort Cove 🕙 Sept. 21st, Afternoon

Even with the generous timeframe she had given herself, it actually took a little more than an hour to finish packing everything to her liking. No, no, I can't do that—chiffon wrinkles really easily. There, that should do it. And this one can go between the jersey layers... She folded and refolded a few items to ensure minimal wrinkling, and neatly stacked them in the sturdy, leather suitcase so that everything would fit.

At 3:20 pm, she gave the room a final once-over, before heading back downstairs with Bijou to drop off her keys.

"Miss MacMillan? Oh, I'm glad I caught you—wouldn't know where to forward this if you left!" It was Clown Lady at the front desk, with a standard bubble mailer in her hands. "A package for you arrived while you were out earlier."

A package for me...? People knew she was journeying, but not too many knew she was here, specifically. Curious, she reached out for it. "Thanks, love."

The return address was in Rustboro, not Lilycove. This must be from her dad. Just as she thought, the first thing she pulled out of the package was a note in her father's familiar handwriting, and on his personal Devon Corporation stationary.

Spoiler:

(For the cursive-challenged: "Congratulations on your new Pokémon - here is a small gift to commemorate this special occasion! PS. Isn't it more satisfying to catch one yourself?")

Avery, you snitch. She thought as she read the postscript, but she couldn't be too upset about that right now—her dad always picked the best gifts, and she was excited to see what she'd gotten.

Under the note was a small, black box. She delicately removed the lid to reveal a beautiful pair of seashell-shaped, golden earrings, with pearls hanging under them. "Oh—Bijou, look!" She bent down to show the Purrloin, who sniffed it curiously. Her interest in it faded quickly, probably since it was not edible. "Well, Pearly's gonna love these—I'll show her later."

...Although, maybe I should have named her "4-Carat Diamond" if I knew my first catch would be rewarded with complementary jewelry.

🛥️ Breezy Seas Ferry 🕙 Sept. 21st, Evening

Out on the tiny Breezy Seas ferry once again, Marcella sat patiently in her seat with Bijou on her lap. It was a good opportunity to catch up with all her friends back home, but after texting everyone back, updating her social media with photos of her in her new earrings, and even scrolling through a few of that Hikaru's blog posts, she quickly ran out of things to do on the long ferry ride.

As she looked back up from her phone, she locked eyes with a man sitting in one of the seats across from her. Normally, when people were caught staring, they tend to look away. This guy just had the most... eager smile plastered on his face. It was almost unsettling. No, it was definitely unsettling. She casually looked around to see if he might have been smiling at someone or something else, but of course, he was unmistakably looking right at her.

Well, that's uncomfortable.

Right at that moment, the child next to her started throwing a tantrum about wanting to see the water, and his mother escorted him to the railing, freeing up the seat beside hers. The man stood up. Don't sit next to me, don't sit next to me, don't sit next to—ugh.

"Hi there!"

"Hi." She responded unenthusiastically, without turning to look at him.

"Nice weather we're having today, huh?" He continued, undeterred by her terse greeting. "This your first time heading to Petalburg? Definitely picked a good day for it."

"Mhmm." She wasn't giving him anything to work with, nor was she going to return the question, but that didn't stop him.

"...So, are you traveling by yourself? I actually ferry between Dewford and Petalburg quite a bit for work—fairly familiar with the layout, the sights, anything you need to know about the place, really. If you need a tour guide when we arrive—"

"That's nice of you to offer, but no, thank you." She cut him off firmly.

"Sure, sure," He responded, but still did not seem particularly discouraged. He was certainly bold to approach her at all, she'll give him that. He was quite unremarkable-looking, and not exactly sharply dressed. Not someone Marcella would have ever looked at if they weren't on this cramped, 12-person ferry together. He checked his watch and smiled at her. "Well, we got a lot of time to get to know each other here. Give me a chance to change your mind?"

"I really don't think so—" She began, but he prattled on about himself anyway in an attempt to find something in common with her. It didn't seem like he would be leaving her alone until a) she relented, b) they had to part ways, or c) an obstacle presented itself.

She evaluated the situation; a) was not going to happen, b) she checked the time and sighed... he was right, she was stuck on this ferry with him for a good hour and a half still. She could just wait it out and insist they part ways when they arrive at their destination, but she'd rather not listen to him talk about stuff like his favourite restaurants in Petalburg, and what the best movies he watched this year were for the next ninety minutes. Which meant that c) an obstacle needed to present itself. Or she could create one.

"Yeah, so when we get to Petalburg—sorry, Briney Port—it's a distinction without a difference to you and I, maybe, but the locals are really anal about that... I can definitely show you around a bit, maybe take you to the Corphish Boil for dinner." It wasn't a question anymore; he seemed to have decided he was coming along without her input.

Right. Now, how do I exit this conversation quickly and gracefully? Expressing direct disinterest did not seem to be working with this one. But maybe he would respect the intervention of another man.

She glanced sideways and looked at the passenger next to her. He looked around her age, perhaps a year or two older, and was holding a sketchpad. His dark brown hair appeared to be a little past his broad shoulders, and was pulled away from his face in a low ponytail. He seemed too engrossed in his drawing to pay attention to anything going on around him, including the conversation taking place the seat over. And his own Pokémon. She assumed it was his, anyway—his seat was next to the railing, where a Meowth was dangling precariously. It was climbing up and down the metal bars far too casually, and looking like it would fall into the water below at any moment. She was getting anxious for this guy just imagining Bijou in its place, but the Meowth did appear a fair bit more agile than her Purrloin, and the man seemed completely unbothered by its unruliness.

Regardless, he was an adequate choice for the role she had in mind.

"I'm... here with my fiancé, actually." Marcella smoothly turned to the drawing man. He finally looked up from his sketchpad as she leaned in slightly. She lowered her voice to a whisper only he could hear. "Please play along."

There was a confused expression in his blue eyes for just a moment, but luckily for her, he was not completely stupid, and clued in on the situation quickly as he glanced at the man on the other side of her. Unluckily for her, he was not winning any acting awards anytime soon.

"Yes." He said stiffly. She bored her eyes into his, hoping to communicate that she needed more from him. He leered back slightly. "...Honey."

Okay. She was going to have to take matters into her own hands. But at least she knew he was willing to play along, so she looped her arm through his, and turned back to face the annoying guy. "We're going sightseeing around the region to celebrate our engagement. That's what this trip is."

She turned to look at Fiancé again, hoping that gave him something to work with. He nodded. "...We're going sightseeing."

Oh, my lord, you are killing me here.

"So!" She continued. "We do appreciate the offer, but it's a special trip for us both, and I think we'll be okay finding our own way around."

Her suitor looked... dubious. That, or he thought Fiancé was a little slow, but either way, that seemed to do the trick. Of course. And he apologized, but to her 'fiancé'. Of course. "Right... I definitely understand. Sorry 'bout that, I didn't know. Enjoy the rest of your trip."

Marcella waited until the guy sulked back to his seat and was out of earshot before letting go of his arm. "Sorry about that, and thank you for your help."

"Sure." He had already returned to his sketchpad, but nodded in her direction with an amused smirk. "He's still looking at you, by the way."

Oh, so he noticed more than he'd let on. She shrugged, glancing down to look at the guy's drawing. He had been sketching an impressively detailed graphite representation of the view up ahead.

"I don't think he'll be bothering me anymore, with my fiancé sitting right here. Nice drawing."

He turned to look at her for a second, before looking back down. "You think so? I can't quite get, like... the light hitting the water right, you know—it's still looking a little flat." It was the longest string of words he had put together so far.

"Well, it's better than your acting."

He chuckled softly, shaking his head. "Thanks, I guess. Is there something other than 'honey' I can call you, in case he comes back?"

"Marcella MacMillan, pleasure to make your acquaintance." Out of habit, she held a hand out.

"Parker. And careful, you don't want to be spotted shaking your fiancé's hand."

"Oh, smart." She dropped her hand casually. "Where was this quick thinking a minute ago?"

"Sorry, you caught me off guard. I'm bad at improvising, that's just something you'll have to deal with when we tie the knot." His delivery was very dry—if she didn't glance over to catch the playful smirk on his lips as he continued sketching, he almost sounded serious.

"Oh—right, right. Well, I knew what I was getting myself into when I signed up to be Mrs..." she quipped back, prompting for a last name.

"Parker."

She frowned. "Parker Parker?"

"Oh, uh, no. Miles. Miles Parker. Most people just call me Parker."

"Okay, Miles." He sighed at her response, but he was still smiling.

Miles Parker was a very quiet man. A good change of pace, really, and she much preferred him as a ferry-companion over the other guy. Marcella spent the rest of the ride mostly watching him sketch, and occasionally pulling Bijou away from the railing, who was quite curious about their new feline friend.

"Is it... okay like that? You sure you shouldn't put it in a Poke Ball or something?" She pointed at the Meowth.

"Oh, she's fine, always does that." He hesitated. "Might be a bit of a problem if your Pokémon knocks her in the water."

"Bijou wouldn't do that."

"Are you sure? She looks like she's about to..."

"Huh?" The Purrloin had hopped off her lap once again while she was chatting. She was now crouching close to the railing, looking like she was planning a Fake Out. "Bijou! Come here! I am so sorry—"

"That's fine," Parker chuckled. "No harm done. Should keep a closer eye on her if you're not a Trainer, though, they can get unruly without proper training."

You're one to talk about unruly Pokémon! She thought, glancing at the dangling Meowth. "She's just bored, she's usually very good. And I am a Trainer. I have a badge." She scooped Bijou back up, carefully avoiding telling him which one.

"Oh? Which one?" Damnit.

"Well..." Thankfully, an odd, marimba-like ringtone stopped her from having to answer.

"Ah, sorry." He pulled out a beat up-looking Pokégear. "Hey? Yeah, ferry's docking in about 10 minutes. Should be able to make it down to the Station pretty soon. 'Recruits'? No... not here. Sure, I will. Bye."

"...What's this about 'recruits', are you a missionary?" She teased as he hung up.

"Well—" He looked her up and down, but in a distinctly different way than the other man had. "Nah, you don't really look dressed for the job, anyway."

"No, no, you did me a favour. If there's something I can help you with, let me know." She offered out of courtesy. Provided I don't have to go too out of my way. She liked him, but not that much. "And I do have other clothes, try me." She lightly tapped her heel against the leather suitcase at her feet.

"Well, thank you. In that case, if you're up for an extremely fun Pokémon-counting job around the forest, I'll show you where I'm heading." He motioned for her to hand over her phone. A moment later, he handed it back, with the directions to a building just south of the Petalburg Forest highlighted on her map.

Ranger Station. She wrinkled her nose. He noticed.

"Yeah, I didn't think you'd be very interested," He laughed, watching her expression change. "But, you know, if you're a Trainer, we might be able to find something worth your while at the Station. And I'll be there, if you... uh... wanted to come."

"I will keep that in mind." She smiled as she turned her attention back to the front of the boat, carefully avoiding the gaze of the man who had previously accosted her. Larger docked boats in the horizon were now coming into view, as a chiming followed by an amplified voice announced they were approaching Briney Port, and to prepare for disembarkment. "Oh! We're here already."

"Time flies when you're having fun." He remarked in his deadpan voice once again, but it was true that his company had made the ride much more bearable. He folded up his sketch carefully before slotting it into his messenger bag.

Marcella accepted his offer as he picked up her suitcase in one hand, and deftly wrangled his Meowth in the other. Once they were a few paces away from the small, dispersing crowd, he set both of them down. "Thank you," She said to him as she gathered her belongings. "And thanks again for bailing me out earlier."

"Don't mention it, and thank you for keeping me company. I'll see you around, maybe." He gave her a small wave and a smile back, before walking off. She did not see his Meowth sit down the entire ride, but she somehow still had the energy to scamper after her Trainer enthusiastically. Yeah, maybe you will.

Turning her attention back to her own affairs, she pulled out her Rotom Phone, bringing up the same map of the area he had marked. "Alright, first thing's first... Petalburg City is... this way. Okay. I'm not carrying you, Bijou, come." She could return to her Luxury Ball, but the Purrloin needed the exercise, so Marcella was making her walk as much as possible.

The Contacts menu was brought to the front as she closed her map, and she almost exited it as well without thinking, before noticing a new number there under the name 'Parker Parker'. Cute.

Party

Purrloin ♀ // Bijou
Level 22

Scratch
Fake Out
Sand Attack
Play Rough

Art

Clamperl ♀ // Pearly
Level 13

Clamp
Water Gun
Whirlpool
Iron Defense

Dear Diary

2-11: Connections - ft. Avril, Hikaru

CHAPTER 3: YOUR BRAIN GETS SMART

3-1: Fiancé

Inventory

₱31,000

Rotom Phone (Sky Blue)
Luxury Balls x 4
Silk Scarf
Contest Pass

Trainer Info

Badges

Cubeth

Age 21
They / Them
None
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
2,034 posts
1.9 Years
Miranda Lockhart
Thursday, September 17th
Chapter 1: Part 5 - Grand Slam
20:00 to 20:05 - Slateport Beach
Getting late, my ass! I bet it’s barely six!” Miranda complains as the clock hits 8 pm and the lighthouse's light turns at her. "She said she was going to teach me some stuff, but the only thing I learned is… nothing! I didn't learn muk!"

Mankey starts screeching, hitting the sand and jumping around while Miranda’s yelling feeds his anger even though he can’t really understand what’s going on.

“Also, what’s with that don’t touch my expensive ass PokéBall bullmuk! I worked in a hotel, I know what goddamn basic hygiene is! And she even lets her Pokémon eat Wingull crap from the psyducking sand!”

Mankey jumps with even more rage, kicking and tossing more and more and more sand, until Miranda puts her hand on his head to make him stop.

“You know what? Psyduck it!” she says “I don’t need her to teach me muk! I can figure out how scanning works on my own!”

It’s actually just as easy as Maritza said it was. Miranda could figure that out on her own just from memory, after all. She went for the rarest catch, and apparently the most dangerous one, considering what Maritza taught her about it before. In fact, it’s so dangerous that the only reason stick dudes aren’t kicking that stuff to the sea is because Stunfisk are way more common, making them a bigger threat!

And because it’s just a pile of sand.

But it’s not any pile of sand, no! It’s a pile of sand that scares the muk out of kids! In comic books, they show how its evolution eats a goddamn Pikachu! It’s probably the strongest Pokémon of all time! Nothing compares! She will win by default in Pyrite Colosseum just from bringing it out! She’ll win so many times, they’ll eventually have it permanently banned from tournaments!

Miranda adjusts her cap and hits the ground with her bat, with her device on the other hand.

“Let’s go catch that rattata.” she says with a grin.
She follows the way the scanner’s arrow shows her. It’s useless as muk, though. Sure, it showed her where that Sandygast is supposed to be, but how on earth is she supposed to locate it when everything around her is psyducking sand! It’s not even like searching a needle in a pile of hay! It’s more like searching a specific piece of hay in a goddamn sea of hay!

She isn’t even sure how this crap works. She’s been walking in one direction for like three or four… a lot of time, who cares, and the arrow doesn’t even move.

“Muk must have frozen.” the girl sighs. In yet another sudden burst of anger, she drops the thing away. “Stupid 9 year old piece of muk thing! Why did they discontinue this crap! It’s the only thing we get in Pyrite!”

Her device falls on the sand, and while Miranda is busy yelling at it, the arrow gets each time shorter and shorter until it finally disappears and starts beeping.

Miranda instantly jumps at it and picks it up. She can see a red shovel that some dumbass kid forgot, but no Sandygast. That means, it’s time to start digging!

Or that’s what Mankey thinks at least.

Miranda knows full well digging for a pile of sand is not only useless but also totally dumb. Her Pokémon clearly doesn’t give a muk. In fact, he seems happy swinging the shovel around and kicking the sand.

At least until the sand kicks him back.

Mankey is sent rolling backwards, still holding the shovel. He squeals at the pile of sand rising before him and tosses the shovel at it, just for it to get past it.

The wild Pokémon hides under the sand once more and starts moving around them both at high speed, dragging the shovel with it.

It jumps behind Miranda. Her reflex is to instantly swing her bat at it with all of her strength, but it doesn’t have any effect on it.

She is hit by a burst of sand and falls back.

The Sandygast buries itself once more and starts spiraling around Mankey, rising a sand veil around the fighting type, trapping him inside.

Mankey tries to punch his way out of the vortex to no avail, for his fists just get past the sand as the Sandygast keeps raising more. Miranda tries to help him by putting her hand inside, but it’s spinning so fast that her hand gets slashed by grains of sand. Second option she has is using her bat, so Mankey can grab it and get pulled outside by her, but it’s useless; the vortex spins too fast and strong that her bat gets sucked in instead.

Before Miranda gets to run against the Sand Tomb to push Mankey outside of it, the pig Pokémon is launched upwards and falls in front of her. There’s smoke coming out from his feet. Or well, she thinks it’s smoke because it’s black, but it doesn’t smell like smoke at all.

The Sandygast shows itself once more, but doesn’t attack back. It looks a bit scared, actually, and as soon as it looks at Mankey it starts fleeing.

“We are not sparing two muks! Mankey, don’t let it escape!” Mankey squeals in response and sprints. The black smoke thing covers his legs as he runs and it does seem for Miranda as if it’s giving Mankey some speed boost.

The Sandygast is way slower than Miranda’s Pokémon. As much as it tries to flee, Mankey catches up easily and connects a kick that somehow doesn’t just get past it and actually does some damage and also sends the shovel to the sea.

With Miranda and Mankey around it, the Sandygast has no escape now.

“Come with us or die! You got nowhere to escape now!” Miranda yells and Mankey squeals back in agreement.

The Sandygast looks at all the sand around it and then stares back at the girl. Then at Mankey. Then at the sea. It hides under the sand again and drags itself to the sea. It’s dead.

“Really!? What the hell!?” Miranda yells, staring at the sea, looking at the Sandygast that will never return. She is frustrated, more than anything. All of that muk just for it to kill itself! She didn’t even get to take out her PokéBall! She’ll have to scan for another thing now, and it was already too much of a pain before!

While she is busy screaming at the sea, the water brings a red shovel to the shore. Around it, a bunch of wet sand starts taking form. It starts growling while the sand rises, cracks, and falls, just for it to rise again.

It’s most likely the Sandygast from before. Or at least, it’s the same shovel it had. It’s wet, and therefore harder and heavier, which means it also moves slower. It can’t fight anymore, but it sure as hell takes a hit.

Mankey runs against it at Miranda’s command. There’s no black smoke around him anymore, it’s just a normal punch. If the previous attacks went past the Pokémon, these ones are barely able to put a dent on the Sandygast’s defenses.

The pile of sand starts moving slowly towards Miranda and she tries to get away from it. As it gets to a dryer area the wet sand starts falling and being left behind, while normal, dry sand takes its place, though its impenetrable sand armor stays in its place.

The growling of the pile of sand is scary for her and the way its empty eyes look at her while it gets closer and closer are even worse. Mankey isn’t able to do much. The Sandygast is too slow for him to think about getting some speed, and Miranda isn’t aware of what move the black smoke one was to command it, and even if she knew, she is too scared right now to do it.

“S-muk.” she whispers. “Mankey… help.”

The fighting-type jumps in front of her and delivers another punch at the Sandygast. A bit of sand is left on the ground, but that only makes the wild Pokémon faster. After a few more punches, the defenses totally shatter, but the Pokémon doesn’t seem to have received any kind of damage. However, the fact that its defenses are down and the Sandygast is starting to flee again is enough proof for Miranda that it’s the same one as before. And if it’s fleeing, then that means it’s damaged enough for it to be safe to catch (yes, she knows the basics of catching Pokémon. She learned that much before leaving Orre), and she still wants to catch it.

“Don’t let it escape!” The smoke surrounds Mankey’s legs again and it rushes at the Sandygast. “But don’t hit it! That’s my part of the job!”

The fighting type blocks its path and starts taunting it to direct all the attention at him. That way Miranda has time to take out an empty PokéBall.

Miranda takes a breath and adjusts her cap. She slams her bat against the floor and throws the ball at the sky. She grabs the grip with both hands and swings the bat, delivering a strong hit that shoots the PokéBall at blinding speed, giving the Sandygast no time to react. The ball goes past the sandy body of the wild Pokémon, but still opens as if it reacted to something, sucking the pile of sand and its shovel in. The ball oscillates three times with enough time for Miranda to get to base before it clicks.
Miranda caught a Sandygast!

Lvl 15 - Water Compaction - Sand Tomb / Sand Attack / Harden / Mega Drain / Astonish

Current Party:

Inventory
Spoiler:
- 4 PokéBalls
- 5 Potions
- P★DA (Pokémon Digital Assistant)
- ₽100
Discord Moderoid · VPP Thread · Paired to PB

Evily

Female
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
202 posts
4 Years

Shuna Kamado

Saturday, September 19 {4:30 pm}
Epoch 2.2: Dewford City
Littleroot Passage! Unexpected Encounters?

“It looks weird…” Shuna mumbled as she looked at herself in the mirror, holding a strand of her hair. Her hair was still the same color after showering, but the two front strands somehow were back to lilac pink. She was sure the coloring was permanent, or that’s what they told her... I’ll have to ask someone later about it… Either that or the lady used a washable version with these strands…

A small ‘ring’ cuts her thoughts, causing the teen to release the strand and turn. She sees her Holotch light up for a second before going dark again, causing the girl to sigh. “I almost forgot… I have to practice for the up-coming contest…” She went over to the bed in the rented bedroom, seeing her clothes laid out with a small food container a few centimeters away. Time to practice…

- - - - - - 8:00 pm - - - - - -

“Is everyone ready?” a young woman with long, chestnut-orange hair reaching her waist and light-violet eyes stood in front of a group of people. The woman wore a pirate uniform and on her shoulder was a small Shellder. “Stay together and no wandering off! If you want to catch a pokemon, ask me first so I can keep an eye out!”

“She seems strict…” one tourist muttered, earning Shuna’s attention since she was standing behind said person.

“No doubt… are all guides dressed as pirates?” asked another tourist beside the one mentioned earlier.

“I have no idea…” muttered tourist #1, “But this is supposed to be a haunted place where they are leading us…”

“Really?” commented tourist #2, “Sweet! Hauntings mean ghosts!”

“Ghosts, huh?” Souei muttered from beside her, wrapping one arm around her shoulders, preventing her from leaving. “I wonder what I can ask them...”

Shuna mentally sighed, she was hoping to practice her routine more, but Souei came and dragged her to the Moonlight Tour. He wanted to see the hauntings going on, and also to see if she would get scared by the ghosts, but the last part was a failure. “For the last time, you can’t ask the ghosts.”

- - - - - - 8:15 pm- - - - - -

“--And here we have some shipwrecks from long ago. One story goes that a Unova cruise ship was lost at sea during a storm years ago…” The female guide droned as the boat moved along the waves, with many shipwrecks either under or around. The people on the tour were standing along the bars, watching with mixed expressions. A few inches away was a half-submerged ship with coral built around it.

Shuna looked at the shipwrecks under the water when bright lights shined on the waves. Beside her was Souei, who was looking at the shipwrecks with a smirk, then looked over at the guide, “Are there ghosts inside?”

The woman gave Souei a sharp glare, eyebrow twitching, “Excuse me?”

Shuna quickly placed a hand over the male’s mouth, interrupting his comeback, “I’m sorry! He tends to be snarky when he’s bored!” She then glared at the male, whispering, “Don’t antagonize the tour guide!”

“She's a tour guide, she’s supposed to know all the facts here?” Souei smirked, removing her hand.

“That doesn’t mean you antagonize her…” Shuna uttered, giving the male an exasperated expression. “And it’s understandable that she doesn’t know everything, jeez.” Shuna sighs when the male only gives her a smirk, not realizing that the tour guide was giving Souei one last glare before moving on with the tour. Why did I agree to come again?

Shuna sighed as she grabbed a familiar food container from her hip-bag. Opening it, she didn’t notice a small squid-like figure appear right under the rails where the female was standing. The bluenette grabbed a pink(sweet) poffin, holding it up, ready eat the muffin. However, Souie quickly snached the treat and put it in his mouth before the female could realize. Shuan stared at her hand for a few seconds turning to Souei with a glare, who replied with a cheeky smirk.

As the girl was scolding Souei, she didn’t notice a small pokemon appear in front of her, holding one of her poffins and started munching on the treat. As the critter finished the treat, Shuna’s hand moved to grab another as she finished scolding, giving the male a glare, however she felt her hand touch something unexpected. She slowly turned and saw a blue squid-like pokemon, one transparent tentacle was holding a pink poffin.

The two stared at each other for a few seconds before the mysterious pokemon began cooing, using it’s free transparent tentacle to hold the female’s hand and the other hugged the poffin. Shuna smiled, moving her hand away, but instead, the tentacle stayed wrapped around her wrist, clinging. The pokemon’s cooing turned to burbles, swaying sideways, as if “talking” to the female. Shuna gave the jolly pokemon a small smile, amused by the pokemons attempt at “talking”.

“Not bad…” Shuna flinched, moving a few inches away when she heard Souei’s voice right behind her. I forgot he was here! She turned around and saw the male observing the pokemon with a blank expression for a few seconds before a small smirk appeared.

“I didn’t know you were into squids…” he commented, before noticing the pokemon’s tentacle wrapped around her wrist. “Or is it the other way around?” Shuna’s eyebrow twitched, but she ignored the male’s words as she closed the food contained, placing it back in her hip-bag. “I wonder if it could pretend to be a ghost with it’s light show?”

“Are you going to catch her?” Shuna and Souei turned around, seeing the tour guide behind them, staring at Shuna with a blank expression, raising her eyebrow. Behind her, the other tourists and trainers were going inside the cruise ship to explore for awhile.

“Catch?” Shuna repeated, giving the pokemon a glance before giving the tour guide a confused look. Shellder, from the guide’s shoulder, let out a small cry, earning the squid’s attention. The bivalve pokemon hopped onto Shuna’s shoulder, closer to the squid, before flicking its tongue. The squid cooed in return, and their “talk” continued for a few seconds.

Souei looked at the tour guide with a bored expression, eyes narrowed, then towards Shuna, “She means the Inkay.” He points to the pokemon, who had just finished her conversation with Shellder, and was now muniching on the poffin, clinging onto Shuna’s upper arm with one tentacle. Shellder flicked its tongue, licking Shuna’s cheek, before jumping back to the tour guide.

“Do you want to catch her?” the tour guide repeated. Before Shuna could reply, the Inkay cooed happily after finishing her poffin, snuggling onto Shuna.

- - - - - - 8:55 pm- - - - - -

“Is that a Binacle?” Shuna stared at the two-handed pokemon beside Souei, who was smirking at the girl. She didn’t know why she bothered asking, knowing Souei, he used a crazy method to get the pokemon…

After she agreed to catch Inkay, or Inka, she preferred being outside her pokeball instead, clinging onto Shuna’s neck. They had then followed the guide inside the cruise ship to catch up to the others, getting an unexpected surprise.

“If you got a pokemon, then i’ll get one.” Shuna sighed as another scream rang out, meaning that the horror experience in the cruise ship was still running. She did get scared a few times, but she couldn't enjoy it when Souei would snicker and then tease her afterwards, after every single scare. At this point, she just wanted to leave, having had enough teasing for the day. However, she didn’t expect the male to disappear and then appear with a pokemon seconds later.

“Where did you…?” Shuna trailed off as the Binacle’s hand and arm started to bicker, but not with each other, but with Souei. The male was crouched down, a hand pointed at the two appendages as the hand and arm of the pokemon waved a bit. “Nevermind…”

Souei and the pokemon’s two heads turned to Shuna, “What was that?”

- - - - - - 9:30 pm- - - - - -

“--Alright folks. It’s time to head back!” The tour guide called as she led the people back to the tour boat. The tourists/trainers followed back, with mixed expressions and emotions from the experience in the cruise ship. Shuna followed along with Inka still clinging while Souei was at her heels, holding a pokeball with his newly caught Binacle inside.

I wonder how granma and Clamperl are doing…

“I bet you’re wondering how Clamperl is doing with your grandparents.” Souei spoke, causing the girl to flinch at how accurate his words are.

“...no,” Shuna increased her speed, putting some distance between the two trainers. I regret coming here with Souei…

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Enter Inka the Inkay!
Spoiler:

Ability: Suction Cups
Personality: Jolly natured with a cheerful personality; strong willed and very clingy towards their trainer.
Moveset: Peck, Hypnosis, Wrap, Payback, Pluck, Psybeam

Current Team:
Spoiler:
{Male}Mudfish Pokemon - Finn (Marshtomp)[Torrent] - Bide, Water Gun, Ice Ball, Mud Shot, Water Pulse {Lvl.21(½)}
{Male}Tiny Bird Pokemon - Pidge (Pidgeotto)[Keen Eye] - Quick Attack, Air Cutter, Sand Attack, Gust, Whirlwind {Lvl. 18}
{Male}Iron Armor Pokemon - Argo (Aron)[Sturdy] - Tackle, Harden, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb{Lvl. 13}
{Female}Revolving Pokemon - Inka (Inkay)[Suction Cups] - Peck, Hypnosis, Wrap, Payback, Pluck, Psybeam {Lvl. 15} |NEW!|

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokedollars ($4,500 - 2500 = $2000)
Camping Kit
First Aid
Snacks & Water
Extra Clothes
Potions
Pokeballs
Cover Fossil
Plume Fossil
Quick Balls
Honey x2

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,687 posts
4.4 Years

Hikaru

18 - - Castelia City

With Avril

Pokémon / Inventory:
HIKARU'S TEAM:
⚡ Rei (Tynamo), ♂ lv. 19
Levitate
Oof
⚡ Hoshi (Staryu), lv. 17
Illuminate
Technician

AVRIL'S TEAM:
Flower Veil
Storm Drain
Infiltrator

AVRIL'S BADGES:
🥊
HIKARU'S BADGES:
🥊

Hate me later
Monday, September 21st - about 4 p.m. - Dewford West Wilds
Hoshi and Angie are already working as a team. Shellos has set up a Rain Dance and is now keeping away the Aron who try to Headbutt into her, by using super effective attacks like Mud Bomb all around her, while Hoshi takes hits with Harden and picks off targets with very precise Water Gun attacks.

Most importantly, though, Hoshi has Illuminate. Its core is shining bright enough to light up the whole cave around us, something that Avril seems very happy about already, and revealing all the enemies that are coming after us. In this case, what looks like a dozen of Aron and… now I need to pull out my Pokédex also… yes, Mawile. Which would definitely be the bigger threat if it only did something.

Rei appears in front of me soon after. I let him float above the battleground for a bit, then command him to Thunder Wave the Mawile, all beneath Avril’s confused eyes. At the last moment, it dodges and lunges forward with Bite, which I choose to counter with Spark - Rei might be small and tiny, but the few things he can do, he can do them well. He twirls in the air, hitting right underneath the massive jaws that Mawile has on its back, and knocking it back behind the horde of Aron.

Some more attacks from Hoshi and Angie, and finally the rogue Pokémon seem to desist. Most of them just walk away, including Mawile, and the two or three Aron that don't are promptly knocked out. But you know what, I would rather battle some more. I need more time to prepare for… this.

"You lied to me! You hurt me! You trapped me! Hikaru!" Avril finally lashes out at me, on the brink of tears. "Y-you better get me out of here right NOW!"

Usually when I see people acting like that, I find them cute. Possibly a bit delusional. But the problem is that she is right. When I saw her fall off the ledge… well, I knew that something was up, and now with the horde of Pokémon I'm getting even more unsettled. Being attacked all the time was not necessarily in the plan.

"I m-mean… I found my stuff while you were walking behind me and you didn't see me pick it up." I reply, still trying to save what little of my reputation is left.

"Well I don't care! We are stuck in here thanks to you."

"Well then, let's get ourselves some catch-"

"NO! I hate this cave, I hate these Pokémon and I hate the dark!"

Scared of the dark much? "I'll keep Hoshi and Rei out of their balls for you, ok?"

"That's the least you can do. Now where's the exit…?"

This is a complicated situation. Do I want to be indulgent with her, and get us out of there before we get run over by angry Aron, or do I want to keep exploring? This possibility is actually quite enticing, because by dragging her along I get to keep Angie around, and she's truly strong. Plus, I get to have a chance at finding those stones that the guys in the Pokémon center have mentioned, and make some nice blog posts about it. I'm sorry Avril, but even if you are not the best person I could've picked, I'll take the risk.

"Exit? Let's just find a Nosepass first."

"Don't you have a Pokémon that can help us get outta here?"

"No, of course not." I lie.

"I don't trust you anymore."

"If you have a better idea, I'm here to listen." I might have put her in a bad situation because she's just blabbering on her own, thinking about what she could do… and while I do have a plan that lets us leave the cave without the help of a Nosepass, I don't want to tell her about it.

"I… alright, you win. Let's go and find Nosepass… as long as we remember where we came from."

"Yeah, deal."

The tunnel gets smaller as we go on, with steep walls and spiky rocks. I thought this wouldn't be too different from the Castelia Sewers, but I was way off with my expectations. At least, Hoshi and Rei can provide us more than enough light, and this allows us to save some battery charge on both my XT and Avril's Holotch.

The girl is getting more and more nervous as we go on, though. "I still can't find any Nosepass, even with the scan active. And we're only getting deeper."

I grimaced, but still tried to sound confident. "Again, this is the best we can do. No one can come and help us, and staying here any longer won't do us any good either."

"I hate to say it now… but you're right."

"Fair. But we have all the time in the world to hate each other, once we leave. Now is not the time though."

"That's deep."

I bash myself once more for deciding to do this. I should have known that coming in here with a bunch of fresh berries in our bags would have only attracted vicious, hungry Pokémon. I should have known that dragging Avril along was not the right thing to do either… but what's done is done. And I have to make the best out of this situation no matter what… since it's not gonna happen again.

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,687 posts
4.4 Years

Hikaru

18 - - Castelia City

With Avril

Pokémon / Inventory:
HIKARU'S TEAM:
⚡ Rei (Tynamo), ♂ lv. 19
Levitate
Oof x2
⚡ Hoshi (Staryu), lv. 17
Illuminate
Technician

AVRIL'S TEAM:
Flower Veil
Storm Drain
Infiltrator

AVRIL'S BADGES:
🥊
HIKARU'S BADGES:
🥊

The Shimmering Guard - pt. 1
Monday, September 21st - from 4:30 to 5 p.m. - Dewford West Wilds
I keep hearing a tingling noise as I keep walking. It's faint, and gets covered by the sound of our own steps, but it lingers around enough afterwards so that my ears can discern it. I try not to think about it, but eventually the curiosity takes over, and I stop in the middle of the tunnel. But I hear nothing.

Oh right, Avril’s pendant. How could I forget? “Your chime… isn’t it going to attract more Pokémon?”

“So now you want me to put that away also?” Poppy, still perched on top of the girl’s head, shakes her own little head in disapproval.

“It’s just for when we’re in the cave…”

“Please.”

This time I shall let her have it her own way. The berries we are carrying already attract other Pokémon, so who cares about a little chime? Plus, if she's so defensive about it, then it must mean a lot to her.

I have many things that mean a lot to me but… thinking about it, I've never had the luxury of showing them off anytime I wanted. Back when I started the blog, for example, I was just way too scared of wearing chokers at home, where my family could see, but I felt obligated to wear them with my friends. My guess is that Avril has just never gone through that.

"It's alright. Did you find Nosepass?"

"Nope. Are you even sure the Scan works underground?"

"Yes! Let's just keep going and eventually we'll pick up some signals."

And so, we go even deeper, climbing down some steep inclines and finally reaching what looks like a bigger room. I'm not sure how to describe this, all I know is that it looks rather even and symmetrical, but that the floor is bumpy, with tons of sand and boulders, and what looks like a small pond on one corner. We got there not because of Avril's scanning, but because of some - this time - actually interesting noise. Sounds like some... munching, rock breaking, I'm not quite sure. But it's not a sound that Angie, Hoshi or Rei would make on their own, of this I'm sure. Now, if just a few moments before I was feeling somewhat grateful towards the cave Pokémon, for not coming after us, now I finally have the chance to figure it all out. Most of the cave Pokémon are in fact, gathered here… all in this room. It doesn't take long before I feel two blue piercing eyes on me. Two soon become four, four become eight, until I can't count them anymore. As they move closer to our source of light, Avril quickly runs back behind me, grabbing my shoulder.

"Let's just leave this room…" She says, super nervously.

"Ok, I…" Rei's faint light falls onto something shimmery. A weird reflection hits my eye and captures me. "You know what, let's claim this room for ourselves!"

"Wh-what? Don't be so reckless."

"We got this. I'm sure you're an amazing trainer."

The girl doesn't do anything but roll her eyes, meaning that I don't have much time left to act. "Hoshi, Psywave! And Angie, could you help it out please?"

The attack doesn't hurt that much, but still startles most of the rogue Pokémon, who do not hesitate to counter attack. Dozens of boulders are thrown our way by what are revealed to be more Aron, whereas a couple of different metallic growls are heard from all the corners of the cave room.

Angie, once again, summons Rain Dance and Mud Sport, not finding any good opportunity to attack with Water Pulse. To clear the boulders in the way - most likely Rock Tomb or Rock Slide - I call out Aruku, who looks around perplexed before randomly swinging her "fists" around… her own version of Rock Smash.

Eventually, Avril lets Poppy come into the fray, telling her to set up a Grassy Terrain which quickly spreads across the cave floor. The Fairy type bounces around with fire in her eyes, but appears to be quite wary of her enemies as well.

Only after the first few Aron get knocked back by Angie's attacks, I finally hear more confidence in Avril's voice. "That is… a Nosepass! I think. At least we didn't come here for nothing!"

Good to hear, good to hear. I take a quick glance and yes, with what little light there is in here... what the girl is pointing at looks indeed just like the red nose of a Nosepass. But there is something else that I'm more interested in. I try to sneak closer to the pond that I could only barely see before, hoping that no Pokémon tries to stop me. What I saw before…

Really is what I thought it was.

Evily

Female
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
202 posts
4 Years
[CENTER]

Shuna Kamado & Natsuko Soyokaze & Junko Enomoto

Monday, September 21 {??? pm}
Epoch 2.??: Dewford City
Contest Hall! Awards Ceremony!

"Now with the third round complete, let's move on to our award ceremony to see who will receive first place and a Ribbon to take home! So give it up, ladies and gentlemen, for our contestants on stage right now, Junko Enomoto, Natsuko Soyakaze, and Shuna Kamado!"

The pinkette watched as the audience roared, hands clamped on the sides of her dress, nerves working against her. She signed up for the contest to see how they are, but to actually manage until the last round, she didn’t expect it. Now there was her and two other contestants, waiting to see who got which place.

"In third place, we have Miss Junko Enomoto!"

All eyes turned on the tall brunette girl, who had a brief shock which quickly faded into a modest smile as the applause cheered her on. "Being third place, Miss Junko Enomoto shall be receiving a cash prize of one thousand Pokedollars at the front desk!" Shuna smiled, clapping along with the crowd.

If Junko got third place, that leaves her and Natsuko… I wonder who got second and first… It didn’t really matter what palace she got, as long as her pokemon had fun, it works. Although the prize money wasn’t bad...

"In second place, Miss Natsuko Soyokaze!" The crowd applauds for her, some even cheering. She grimaced for half a second, but hid it by bowing deeply to the crowd. When she came back up, she was all smiles, finding the people who cheered and giving them a wave. Junko clapped as well, humbly smiling while looking at her competition. A bit aways, Shuna clapped along with the crowd, giving Natsuko a small smile.

"For her efforts, Miss Soyokaze will receive a prize of ₽2500!" Natsuko mouths "thank you so much" towards the audience, then turned expectantly to flash a smile at Shuna.

Shuna grinned, giving the girl a nod before turning back to the audience.

"Leaving only one contestant left to be first place! Last, but certainly not least, give it up for the winner of this morning's contest, Miss Shuna Kamado!"

Shuna blinked, the words processing as the crowd roared in front of her. Her face flushed as she placed her hands over her mouth, shocked once the words registered. I won? I… That’s…

"Not only shall Miss Shuna Kamado receive a cash prize of five thousand Pokedollars, but also a ribbon for her and each of her astounding Pokémon!" The audience, along with Junko, applauds for the contest winner.

Shuna flinched, turning to the commenter in shock at hearing the prize. I won what?! The girl turned to look at the crowd for a few seconds before glancing at the judges. I… I don’t know anymore… Just go with the flow... She gave a small sigh before giving the audience a small smile, bowing for a few seconds.

"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up one last time for all our contestants who've made it this far!"

- - - - - - {JP with Groc & QueenNothing} - - - - - -

Current Team:
Spoiler:
{Male}Mudfish Pokemon - Finn (Marshtomp)[Torrent] - Bide, Water Gun, Ice Ball, Mud Shot, Water Pulse {Lvl.??}
{Male}Tiny Bird Pokemon - Pidge (Pidgeotto)[Keen Eye] - Quick Attack, Air Cutter, Sand Attack, Gust, Whirlwind {Lvl. ??}
{Male}Iron Armor Pokemon - Argo (Aron)[Sturdy] - Tackle, Harden, Metal Claw, Rock Tomb{Lvl. ??}
{Female}Revolving Pokemon - Inka (Inkay)[Suction Cups] - Peck, Hypnosis, Wrap, Payback, Pluck, Psybeam {Lvl. ??}

Inventory:
Spoiler:

Pokedollars
Camping Kit
First Aid
Snacks & Water
Extra Clothes
Potions
Pokeballs
Cover Fossil
Plume Fossil
Quick Balls
Honey x2

Female
My place
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
132 posts
5.8 Years
Junko "June" Enomoto
Monday, September 20, Afternoon

June, having boarded the Breezy Seas ferry that was about halfway through its trek to Petalburg, thinks about the experiences she had on Dewford. Her first gym battle, her first Pokémon caught in Hoenn, and what should have been her first kiss all stuck out to her, but the thing that stood above it all was her first contest, being one of the last things she did on the island.

Her showcase winning the final round was unrealistic, and June knew that, but she still wishes she won. If she did, she could have properly shown the beauty of bug-types, something she failed to do. Even if she was happy for Shuna and Tsu for both ranking higher than her, she still thinks about how much she'd love to be in first place.

The brunette's musing are interrupted by her PokeGear loudly ringing. All eyes on the ferry direct towards her, and she apologizes for the noise her device makes. She checked her phone and sees a number she didn't recognize, but answers of out concern of seeming rude to the caller.

"Hello?"

"Greetings June dearie, it is I, Insecta Reine Papillon, and I wish to praise you for your performance at the contest hall!"

"Inse-" June stops herself from talking when she considers any overzealous fans could be on the ferry. "How did you get my number!?"

"That is unimportant, dearie. What is, however, was your performance! For such a rising star as yourself, you did excellently with what you had!"

"I'm not so sure about that…" June exhales.

"Nonsense! While I will admit that your performance could have used more dazzle, I have zero doubt that you shall achieve that in due time. Right now, you are of the likes of a Cutiefly, but as you gain more experience, you will evolve into a stunning Ribombee, just as moi!"

"Thanks…" The brunette blushes.

"But I do not want you to forget, June dearie! Battling is just as important as presentation in contests, and as you continue your journey, I ask of you to hone your battling skills. Always remember, shine like a Beautifly, sting like a Beedrill!"

"Well, actually, Beautifly are known to be pretty aggressive in the wild, so-"

Insecta's boisterous laugh is heard through the line. "Oh June dear, you are so adorable! I wish to see you again soon, but for now I must return to Unova! Farewell, darling!"

Insecta hangs up, not even giving June time to respond. She blankly stares at her device, but knows what the flamboyant woman said was true- Even if her analogy was a little flawed.

With Petalburg before her now, she could put behind her failings of Dewford, and focus on her opportunities that lie ahead of her. Of course, the first thing she plans on doing when she arrives at mainland was catch a bug-type.

All she has to do is wait for the cruise to end, probably another hour or so, and take a quick route through Briney Port. Then she could finally explore Petalburg Woods with a provisional license, meaning nothing would stand in her way from catching the bugs in the vast forest.

"Sorry ma'am," A stern young ranger blocking off the Petalburg Woods entrance calls out. "We're closing off this area."

"W-what??" June, wearing her straw hat and net over her shoulder, stands dumbfounded in front of the Pokemon ranger. "B-but...why??"

"Around this time of year the Shroomish unleash their spores into the air, and it's deadly for us humans. I'd have to be incredibly irresponsible to let you pass."

June, immensely disappointed, sighs. The ranger examines her net, and correctly assumes what the tall girl came for. "Hey, there should be some bugs around here, don't get too sad. If you need help looking for any, be sure to use the HRD app, it's available on all devices!"

"Thank you…" The brunette lightly smiles. The area she had the fondest memories of was unfortunately blocked off, but the ranger was right- There should be some bugs around here. She sends Chip out to be prepared for any ambushes wild Pokemon might try on her, and strolls along the outskirts of the woods.

It didn't take very long to find a Wurmple crawling on the ground, trying to make its way back to a nearby tree. The worm Pokemon wouldn't be so fortunate, however, as June's excitement peaks at the sight of it.

"Oh my gosh, a Wurmple! Chip, use Aqua Jet!"

Chip quickly rams his body into the Wurmple with an Aqua Jet, but by being so close, the worm Pokemon is able to gnaw on Chip's "head", causing him to screech in pain. The Wimpod scurries back to June, giving Wurmple an opportunity to shoot a String Shot- Not at Chip, but rather at June, specifically around her ankles, tying them together.

"What the- AGGHH!!!" She screams as she loses her balance, falling forward. She reflexively breaks her fall with her hands, but her glasses fall off her face and onto the ground. Fortunately the frames were sturdy enough to not break. "This hasn't gone as smoothly as I would have liked…" The brunette moans as she picks her glasses up and tucks them behind her ears.

June rolls on her back and sits up, but is surprised to see the silk around her ankles had been removed. "Chip, was that you?" The Wimpod only responds by shaking his head. "Then what was…"

She stops to turn around after hearing rustling behind her, and is greeted by a small bipedal Pokemon with a crescent mark on its head and bright green fur who was digging through her purse. Must have fallen off of her shoulder during her trip. June's initial instinct would have been to scan the Pokemon, but she instead prioritizes snatching her purse back.

"I'm sorry," June apologizes as she uses her PokeGear to scan the Pokemon that lay in-front of her. "But I can't let you have this. It has a lot of important things I need. I'm sure you understand." As she scanned the Pokemon, she learns it's a normal-type Pokemon named Teddiursa, but one thing stands out to her about the one in-sight. The dex app shows Teddiursa as an orange brown sort of color, but this cub is miscolored. "Why is it green? That's bizarre…Is it a genetic mutation?"

The brunette doesn't get enough time to read the tiny bear Pokemon's entry, as her attention is yanked away by Teddiursa suddenly bawling, its face buried in its paws.

"Oh, it's because I took my purse back from you, isn't it? I think I owe you some form of compensation…"

Chip approaches Teddiursa out of pity, sharing a similar sentiment as his trainer. When he gets close, however, Teddiursa unpromptedly begins rapidly slashing its claws across Wimpod's back in quick succession, swiping one claw after the other. Chip's only response to his rude awakening that those tears were fake is kicking up a cloud of dirt into the normal-type's eyes, which interrupts its attack.

"Now, use Aqua Jet!" With Teddiursa unable to see, Chip bashes his body covered in water into the cub Pokemon, knocking it onto its back, passing out from the damage.

"Doesn't seem very durable…" June pants. "Honestly, I'd like to leave right about now... Although, I would still like to catch a bug Pokemon." Despite her best interest, she uses her PokeGear to scan for a Wurmple, as it is the only bug type in the area she could catch.

It takea about less than five minutes for her PokeGear to find another Wurmple, being such a common Pokemon. She looks up from her device when it indicates one could be nearby, and sees a Wurmple simply sitting out in the open, nibbling on an oran berry. "Chip, Aqua Jet again!"

As with before, the Wimpod uses the pressurized water engulfing his body to skid across the ground, and darts towards the unsuspecting bug-type. Wurmple, however, casually notices Chip before he was able to land a hit, and spits out a bright yellow web that angled downwards and lands on the Turn Tail Pokemon, stopping him dead in his tracks. The web electrocutes him a few times, revealing it as more than just an ordinary silk web crafted by an ordinary bug.

"What was that!?" June cries, using the dex app to get information on the attack. "Electroweb...Not many Wurmple know this!" More reason to catch the worm Pokemon.

Even while being trapped under an Electroweb, Chip still lands a Sand Attack into Wurmple's eyes. The bug-type squirms around, and shot a String Shot in whatever direction it faces. Enough was able to land on Chip that moving any further would become increasingly difficult.

"I think you should return, Chip…" June says as she retreatea her Pokemon, sending Einstein in his place.

In the time it takea for June to switch Pokemon, Wurmple was able to get the dirt out from its eyes, and covers Einstein in another electric net almost immediately as he enters the field. Unlike Chip, however, the Dottler doesn't seem very bothered by it at all. When Wurmple follows up with a stream of silk, Einstein uses his psychic energy to reverse the String Shot, guiding the silk around the bug-type's tiny body. He continues this process until Wurmple was tied up in his own silk, struggling to move, and flops against the grass.

"Perfect!" The tall girl shouts, tossing a Net Ball at the worm Pokemon. It shakes once, twice, thrice, and…

CLICK

Wurmple was successfully captured!

Overjoyed, June reaches over to grab the newly occupied Net Ball, giggling as she thinls about how she now had three bug-type Pokemon. "Welcome, Wurmple! I'm sorry we had a rough start, but I promise we'll get along soon enough!"

June caught a Wurmple!
Chip grew to level 21!

🐞June's party🐞

Spoiler:
  • Chip (Wimpod) lv. 21 M|Wimp Out
  • Wurmple lv. 15 M|Shield Dust
    String Shot|Tackle|Poison Sting|Bug Bite|Electroweb
Female
My place
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
132 posts
5.8 Years
Junko "June" Enomoto
Monday, September 20th, Afternoon

"Uncle Tetsuo! It's been awhile!"

A bored, very casually dressed, brunette man with an olive complexion and blue eyes, sitting at a desk looks up from his smart phone to see June, wearing a sunhat with a Wurmple nesting atop it. "Oh, hey there Junko." He unenthusiastically welcomes. "You uh, you wanted to see the bugs?"

June nods with elation. "It's been some time since I've seen them! How have they been?"

Tetsuo yawns before glancing back at his phone. "Yeah yeah, they've been alright, I uh, I'm pretty sure."

"What do you mean you're pretty sure?" June harshly raises an eyebrow, poking her lip. "Do you not take care of them?"

"Yeah, I uh, I do that stuff, y'know."

"Do you feed them frequently? Or make sure no wild Pokemon get in, call in a Pokemon doctor for regular check-ups, make sure the structure is stable, do daily tallies of every Pokemon living here to make sure none of them are missing…"

"Yeah yeah, I do all that muk, certain of it." Tetsuo rolls his eyes at his niece's insistence. "Well actually, I uh, haven't counted up all the Pokemon just yet, it's a lot of work y'know."

"Uncle Tetsuo!" June mildly raises her voice, trying not to display her disappointment too much. "It's really important you tally everyone! It isn't just my Pokemon living here, dad's live here, and so do yours! This isn't even to mention the species that couldn't survive in the Hoenn wildlife! They can go missing, or worse!"

Tetsuo sighs, very irritated. "Hey, y'know, why don't, you uh, why don't you count 'em. Do it and I'll give you five thousand Pokedollars. Sound good?"

"I'm glad I got to see you again, Bully! But right now I need to move on with my task." June states as she pets her dad's Tauros that resided within a large outdoor field by the conservatory. The brunette then moves her hand away to check off a box on a clipboard that listed many Pokemon.

Of course June accepted her uncle's offer. Even if she was incredibly disappointed in the job he failed to do, it seemed to be a blessing in disguise for June.

"Looks like the dome area is next on the list, and soon enough we'll be seeing my Dustox! Isn't that exciting, Wurmple?" She says to the Wurmple snoozing on her straw hat, who slightly opens an eye hearing his name called. "I've caught many Wurmple before, but they all evolve into Cascoon for some reason. We'll see where nature takes you, soon enough!"

She then makes her way to the inside of a large glass dome, an area where many forest or water dwelling Pokemon laid. The first thing anyone would notice when entering were large trees that had been planted making up a small forest, and June was no exception, having done the exact same.

"It's been so long since I've been here!" June grins, taking in a deep breath through her nostrils and exhaling from her mouth. "I've missed it so much! But I shouldn't distract myself- I need to check on my Dustox."

June walks over to a thick tree, seeing a dozen or so Dustox resting in the branches. The few moth Pokemon that notice her all greet her with a hissing noise. "It feels good to see you all here again! I hope you've all been doing good without grandma." She happily greets. June writes something down on her clipboard, but is suddenly alarmed as she feels something dash past her feet. She checks off the boxes for the Dustox before looking behind her to see two cat Pokemon cornering an out-of-breath Bunnelby against a different nearby tree.

"Two Meowths?" June questions, tapping her lip with her pointer finger before frantically flipping through the papers on the clipboard she had. "There aren't supposed to be any of Kantonian Meowth around here!" The brunette watches the hissing cat Pokemon getting closer to the terrified Bunnelby, who desperately hugs the tree trunk.

"Excuse me, you two!" June calls out, mildly raising her voice again. "Please stay away from Bunnelby! And you're actually not supposed to be here, so while you're at it, I'd like to kindly ask you both to please leave the premises!"

The normal-type Pokemon don't seem very pleased, in fact, they looked irritated as they run up to the brunette on all fours. Bunnelby escapes with them distracted, but that's low on June's priority list right now. "Well looks like I'll have to ward you off, help me out Chi-"

June, Net Ball in hand, is caught off-guard when she sees her Wurmple spring off her hat onto the grass. "Wurmple!? Are you sure? Chip can-" June double-takes again when Wurmple responds to the two cat Pokemon pouncing at him with an Electroweb, causing both Pokemon to fall to the ground, screaming in pain as they're both shocked by the web. The web doesn't tangle them for long, however, as the Meowths use their claws to tear through it and get back on their feet, hissing at the bug-type. The Wurmple is just barely bothered by this, and shoots a poisonous dart at one of the Meowths, causing it to moan as the poison infects its body, while the other one charges forward.

"Wurmple! Are you sure you don't need assi-"

Wurmple stops the normal-type by shooting a String Shot that wraps around its body, causing it to drop the ground. Wurmple then shoots another silk string at the same Meowth, and with the string connecting the worm and cat Pokemon, Wurmple firmly plants his legs into the ground, swinging his head to toss the tied-up Meowth by the string at the poisoned Meowth, both Pokemon getting hurled into the tree trunk they backed the Bunnelby into earlier. Wurmple then aims an Electroweb that covers both Pokemon, zapping the cat Pokemon to finally finish them off.

June stands back dumbfounded at what she had witnessed. "Wow, Wurmple, that was...That was amazing!" She begins to kneel down to pick the bug-type up, but she flinches when her Pokemon begins to spin around, shooting out a String Shot that covers his own body.

"Wait, Wurmple, are you…Evolving!?"

Wurmple keeps covering spinning, unable to answer, and once he covers his body completely in silk, he starts to glow white. As he's glowing, the shape of his body becomes rounder, almost oval like, until the white light fades away, revealing a round Pokemon completely covered in silk with two holes that allow for his red eyes to view the world from.

"Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! You've evolved into a Silcoon!" June gasps, feeling incredibly overjoyed. "I've never had a Silcoon before! Oooohh, before we know it, you'll be a gorgeous Beautifly! I'm so proud of you! Oh my gosh, the potential for the-" She stops herself when she remembers what happened just yesterday with Einstein. "Oh right, I suppose I can't carry you around anymore as easily as I could just a bit ago...I suppose I'll return you to your Pokeball before resuming my wo-"

She's interrupted by Silcoon shooting a silk string from between his eyes, landing on the crown of June's hat.

"Silcoon, what are you-"

Silcoon uses the string to pull himself forward, landing directly on top of June's hat. While he was a little heavier than just a few minutes ago, the brunette smiles with the bug-type atop her hat just as he had been, albeit in a different form. She stands back up straight, adjusting to the weight of the Pokemon that now nests on her hat.

"Now then, since that's all settled, why don't we return to our task?"

Congratulations! Your Wurmple evolved into Silcoon!
Silcoon grew to level 17!
Silcoon learned Harden!

🐞June's party🐞

Spoiler:
  • Cascoon lv. 17 M|Shed Skin
    String Shot|Tackle|Poison Sting|Bug Bite|Electroweb|Harden

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,687 posts
4.4 Years

Avril Reese

16 - ♀ - Laverre City

with Hikaru

Pokémon / Inventory:

AVRIL'S TEAM:
🌼 Poppy (Flabebe) -♀- lv. 26 ↑
Flower Veil

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos) -♀- lv. 25 ↑
Storm Drain

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay) -♂- lv. 17 ↑
Infiltrator
Swagger, Hypnosis, Topsy-Turvy, Pluck, Reflect, Psybeam

HIKARU'S TEAM:
⚡ Rei (Tynamo) -♂- lv. 22 ↑
Levitate

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu) - lv. 19 ↑
Illuminate
Psywave, Rapid Spin, Bubble Beam, Minimize, Confuse Ray, Harden

⚡ Aruku (Clobbopus) -♀- lv. 18 ↑
Technician

AVRIL'S INVENTORY:
🌼 Eviolite
🌼 Silk Scarf

AVRIL'S CONTACTS:

AVRIL'S BADGES:
🥊
HIKARU'S BADGES:
🥊

The Shimmering Guard, pt. 2
Monday, September 21st - 4:30 to 5 p.m. - Granite Cave Depths
I have known this Nosepass for as long as I can remember, and as reserved, taciturn, or even grumpy as it was, it's always been a nice Pokémon to have around. Being quite rare, all Nosepass around here - especially those that want to venture so deep underground - are very… valuable. I don't know how they do it but they're extremely good at finding metals and rare stones, all things that Sableye, Aron and Lairon love to consume. Of course, this is also where I come in.

As I lurk in the shadows, somewhere near one corner of the room, I try to make a mental list of all the Pokémon I see. At least a dozen of Aron, but also two Lairon and even Aggron, surely the leader of the group. All standing around that single Nosepass, looking at it with anticipation and breaking rocks in the spots that its nose points at. One or two Sableye are waiting patiently for Aron to dig out more stones, also: it makes for a pretty wholesome scene, with all of the Pokémon in the cave working together… besides me, obviously.

Aron, Lairon and especially Aggron are very strong, but also quite barbaric if you ask me. All they do is dig around for metals, trying to make their armor stronger to compensate for their lack of intelligence. Usually it doesn't help the small ones, but when they evolve into Lairon it's too late. Kudos to those who do, though, at least they can keep breeding.

Chaos breaks loose though, as some new Pokémon come into the cave room. The blinding light that comes from one of them is quite the problem, as I have to hide behind some boulders very carefully to avoid being identified by the Aggron, but it also reveals another interesting detail: there's people in here.

They seem to argue between themselves for a bit before one of their Pokémon attacks the Aron and startles them. I keep watching with interest as the battle ensues, very hopeful that this will turn the tide in my favor: soon enough a grassy meadow spreads all over the cave floor, relieving me of some of my stress, while water droplets keep falling from the ceiling.

I study the battlefield. Closer to those two, uhm… deluded humans, stood most of the Aron, all lined up, hurling rocks towards the two marine Pokémon on the other side and occasionally protecting themselves from the bubbles of water aimed at them. Behind them, the two Lairon are screeching and growling, ready to charge up. Even more behind, that one single Nosepass is still doing what it’s supposed to, quite oblivious to everything around it, with a couple more Aron nearby: that’s an enticing situation to go in and strike, but my escape routes are not as good as they could be. Actually… where’s that other Aggron…

I turn towards the other side of the cave, and notice the silhouette of a person trying to sneak closer to me and then forward, towards the water pond. That is where the Aggron and Sableye wash the stones that Nosepass finds, and clear them of all the rubble and mud: that person is definitely here because of them. I see it kneel down, reach out with its hand towards the stones, grab a few, and stand still for a couple seconds - in awe and astonishment, if I had to guess.

The old sergeant has noticed, though. As it is expected of such a territorial Pokémon, it doesn’t think twice before lashing out and ramming into that person, knocking it back with a swing of its tail. Even I feel disturbed by such crudeness, but the fear of getting myself involved in the battle and having to stand up to the sergeant has me paralyzed. I hear some cracking sound as the trainer stumbles back a few steps and hits a boulder - it’s really not much different from the sound I make when I crack open my prey.

Luckily for it, the person’s Pokémon come to the rescue before Aggron can rage on it even more. A weird levitating thing, crackling with electricity, promptly paralyzed the sergeant and spared its trainer of even more pain. The other person ran all the way there and tried to drag its friend away from danger, while more Pokémon I was not familiar with came to the rescue.

Of course, so did the various Aron and Lairon. They do work as a group most of the time, and they will run to their leader if it needs even the smallest help. Sergeant roared and used Rock Slide, followed by the two Lairon doing the same, but luckily for the two trainers, their marine Pokémon were able to disintegrate some of the bigger boulders by combining their Water type attacks. The smaller ones still hit them and slowed them down but even after that, they looked determined to protect the two humans.

Actually, for being such small Pokémon, they’re handling it very well. I can now count exactly 6 Pokémon strangers: the electric fish, a star, a flower, a slug, and two things with tentacles (one of which is floating). The star, which is the one that is providing the most light, is flashing in mysterious ways to confuse the opposing Aron. The slug picks off all the Aron that are too confused to protect themselves, knocking them far away with water or mud - all things that my fellow citizens are known to despise.

Of the two tentacle-equipped Pokémon, I see mostly the grounded one constantly jumping around, dodging boulders and smacking the Aron on the head, while the flying one distracts the Sergeant and makes it even more confused. I think I saw it pull up a Reflect also, a very appropriate tactic. And then there’s the electric thing, who is just lasering away. Apparently that’s the only thing it can do…

Given how hurt one human is, I’m sure that the other is just trying to at least buy some time to drag its friend to safety. But given how slow that operation will be, I don’t think that they will ever get a break until Sergeant is defeated. An undertaking that is starting to look… actually manageable.

Even with the shield in place, the first to go down is the electric Pokémon, who can only avoid boulders for so long. After many failed attempts, the Aggron is able to crush one of its six opponents under a rock, literally, all while its trainer is still there on the ground. I see it fiddling with some of its stuff in the meantime, before calling its Pokémon back into a ball.

The battle keeps going, except now most of the foreign Pokémon are focusing on Aggron, trying to power up each other. The flower is also joining in, launching some green, glowing particles at Sergeant as it twirls around the cave, and leaving behind it some sparkles that I definitely recognize as my own.

More boulders are thrown around the cave, but now the Aron and Lairon are also charging straight ahead at their enemies, trying to hit them with their claws or armored head. The marine Pokémon are still able to push them back though, even if they are starting to look quite tired. It’s an interesting strategy, the one they’ve set up: the star shoots out some water from its center, the water gets drained into the slug’s own bubble, and that powered up bubble hits for massive damage… not to mention, the rain is still up, and they take a few moments every once in a while to maintain it activated.

Eventually, I hear the humans yell stronger than before. The Water Pokémon repeat the strategy with more intensity than ever, but add in the grounded tentacle Pokémon to their recipe. It jumps right into the high pressure bubble, which in turn gets bigger and bigger, ready to be released against Aggron. Paralyzed, confused, and weakened, it looks like it will have a rough time soaking up the damage, but… the old Sergeant has one more trick up its sleeve. All those markings, cuts, bruises, dents, are there for a reason.

The whole cave goes white: Metal Burst. Aggron barely takes those hits, only to use their energy to strike back. I feel the shockwave on myself as well and shudder, the impact is not pleasant and I have reasons to believe the ceiling will crumble on me any second now… Old Sergeant has no control.

The blinding light goes out, meaning that Star has been finally knocked out, and the same seems to go for the slug and the grounded squid. But the flying squid and the flower are still there, and can bask in their victory: Sergeant is lying on the cave floor as well.

As I said, Aron is not the most clever of Pokémon, and often is in need of a strong leader. Now that it’s dealt with, though, chaos ensues, and this gives me the perfect chance to strike. My second mouth blows some wind of my own to let me jump up on top of this boulder, as my eyes finally get used to the darkness once again. With a pirouette, I fly over the clueless Aron and grab one for myself, relishing in the cries of pain that the armored Pokémon is emitting as I run to the other side of the cave. I’m almost there actually, just a few…

bonk

My body suddenly feels weightless, and ethereal in a sense. I start losing grip of the Aron - how is that even possible, my maw is meant to…

I don’t see anything anymore, I don’t feel anything anymore, I don’t know where I am. This feels wrong.

Groc

Dapper bowler hat

Age 30
Male
Arizona, USA
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,496 posts
10.5 Years
Natsuko Soyokaze
Monday, September 21st, midday
Dewford Town

"Haha… w-wow! You don't see that every day, right folks?" Tsu is visibly uncomfortable as she watches the screen, but her lunch partner doesn't seem to notice.

"This is the best part." Sunny Dey grins as she watches the footage of Duchess Stacy snatching Tsu up in her powerful jaws. The crowd gasps, but Sunny just laughs. "Haha! Oh, that's great! Look how high she throws you!"

Tsu slumps in her chair, letting her head hit the table. "Can you turn that off, please? I'd rather forget it even happened..."

"What? But it's so cool! It's already got like 300 likes!"

Tsu sighs miserably, absolutely mortified. This is so embarrassing! How can this possibly get worse?

A chair is pulled out beside her, causing Sunny to speak up indignantly. "Hey, what are you doing?"

"I'm just here to talk to my friend." Tsu glances up, recognizing Lucy's voice. "Hello, Natsuko dear. I had a bit of trouble finding you after the Contest."

Tsu sits up properly, while Sunny eyes Lucy suspiciously. "Oh, hi Lucy... It's okay, Sunny, she's a friend. She made the costumes for my Contest... I know, you probably expected me at the chateau, but Sunny invited me out to lunch, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let her in without a membership card."

Lucy looks Sunny over while the other girl closes the video and puts her Holotch back on her wrist. "Well, you know how they are with protocol... But speaking of costumes, that's precisely what I wanted to talk to you about."

"Oh, do you have more ideas?" Tsu watches as Lucy starts pulling fabric from her bag. "Something new for Stacy, or did you think of something for Shiny? Wait... those are all..."

All of the fabric Lucy pulled out is the same color and texture, just a bundle of jade green silk. It dawns on Tsu that these probably all came from the same piece of clothing. A certain kimono that didn't survive Stacy’s evolution.

"Natsuko, I shall always love you, and I'm very happy for you and Stacy, but you've ruined my career!" She cries out in despair, tearing up a little. "This wasn't just your debut, it was mine too! I used the last of my finest silk for that dress! And now I have nothing to show for it!"

"I'm sorry, Lucy! I didn't know she'd evolve in the middle of the competition!" Tsu reaches out to comfort Lucy, pulling her in for a hug. Lucy accepts, and manages to stop crying before she makes too big of a scene.

Sunny pokes at the silk scraps, mildly confused. "Can't you just reuse these? Stitch them into something new."

Lucy pulls away from Tsu’s embrace, fixing the rumples in her clothes as she scoffs at Sunny. "I don't expect you to understand fashion, dear, as yours appears to be stuck in the 90's. You do know that grunge went out of style decades ago, right?"

"You have something you want to say?" Sunny glares at Lucy, her hands on the table as she stands.

Lucy remains seated, disregarding Sunny's display as she takes a sip from her water glass. It's actually Tsu’s water, but... "I already have, darling. Were you not listening? Your particular brand is outdated and exceptionally casual. I'm surprised you walk around like that."

Before Sunny can say anything else, Tsu stands up and puts a hand on her shoulder, guiding her back to her seat. "No fighting, you two! Lucy, I apologize for ruining your dress, I know you worked hard in it. I'll pay you back for the silk, all of it!"

Lucy is stunned by that comment. "Natsuko, darling, that's rather generous of you, but are you sure?"

"Of course! You went out of your way to make that dress at the last minute. You're the generous one here. I have my Contest money I can use. I'll pay you back in full, I promise."

Lucy looks at Tsu uncertainly, but smiles at the offer. "Natsuko, you are too kind. That kimono cost me 15,000 Pokédollars to make, just in materials."

Tsu’s face pales at the number, and she stares at Lucy, dumbstruck. Lucy smiles pleasantly, and a little apologetically. "Of course, I'm not going to include labor fees. If you can pay me back the cost, that would be more than sufficient."

"S-sure... a promise is a promise..." Tsu smiles back, just as the waiter comes by with the check.

"...so I'm guessing lunch is on me, then?" Sunny casually grabs the check, heading off to pay the bill.
Female
My place
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
132 posts
5.8 Years
Junko "June" Enomoto

"Here you are, Uncle Tetsuo."

Tetsuo grabs the clipboard June hands to him, not even doing as much as examining it with his eyes occupied by a Gameboy Advanced SP he holds in one hand. "Yeah, sure, thanks Junko. I'll uh, get your cash in a sec, just let me beat this map…"

June, clearly irritated with her uncle, keeps a smile on her face anyways. "So, um, Uncle Tetsuo, while I was working I saw-"

"WAIT, NO, PSYDUCK, WHAT THE PSYDUCK, THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!!! Tetsuo shouts at the top of his lungs, eyes plastered against his handheld device. I LOST MARCUS!!! June jumps a bit at the unexpected screaming.

Tetsuo shuts his device off and slams it against his desk. "Psyducking one percent crits, psyduck this game!" He childishly pouts with his arms crossed, before plainly looking back up at his niece. "Hey, did your Wurmple evolve or something?"

June breathes deeply through her nostrils. "I wanted to let you know that two wild Meowth got into the dome, and they chased down a Patrat."

"Muk, that ain't good. Rangers warned me 'bout 'em, sucks they got in."

For heaven's sake, you even knew about this?? Uncle, I really wish you did your job properly.

"Glad, you took care of 'em tho." The young man continues. "I'll throw in a thousand more smackeroos for you, thanks Junko." Tetsuo reaches from under his desk to hand his niece six thousand Pokedollars. "And since you're here, I'll let you stay here for as many nights as you're in Petalburg."

"Thank you, Uncle." She smiles back. "I really appreciate the compensation."

"Yeah, no problem." Tetsuo half-heartedly responds before opening up his GBA. "Muk, gotta do that map all over..."

"Well, I suppose I'll stroll through the city. Once again, thank you for everything."

"Oh, Junko, one more thing." The brunette man calls out, stopping June right as she's about to exit the old building. "The uh, the rangers also told me about some Surskits in the city, and I uh, know you like bugs. Why don't you go catch one?"

June looks back with a wide grin that exposes her pearly whites. "Thank you for informing me. I'll definitely be sure to."

🐞June's party🐞

Spoiler:
  • Silcoon lv. 17 M|Shed Skin
Female
My place
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
132 posts
5.8 Years
Junko "June" Enomoto

The next Pokémon Contest was tomorrow, and she wasn't sure how ready she was for the nearby gym- Having four Pokémon might help her with that, which is why June currently uses her PokeGear to scan around Petalburg.

Her uncle informed her about Surskit in the area, and checking the HRD app shows it was the only catchable bug-type in the area. She understands why the catching restrictions were in place, but she can't help but feel some kind of resentment for them, as they are the only thing standing between her and her desire to catch every wild bug Pokémon. But rules are rules, and June wouldn't dare to break any of them. Nature comes first in this scenario, and she'd feel awful if a single Pokeball she tossed destroyed the habitat.

She follows the beeps that continue to get louder and faster the more her device emits the noises, leading her to an area of the city that was isolated from most of the buildings, bordering more on wildlife than an actual city. The beeping gets louder and faster, and June looks up from her PokeGear when the beeping reaches its peak. In the middle of a pond, she sees a round blue Pokémon using its four thin legs to swiftly slide around the surface of the pond.

"Oh my gosh! A Surskit!" The brunette gushes, eyes sparkling. "I've never seen a Surskit walking on water before, and it's just as pretty as I imagined it would be!" She continues to fawn over the pond skater, but her excitement is disrupted when realizing a very challenging obstacle blocks her path, something her Pokémon likely can't solve with such a distance, and June's abilities- Or lack thereof- also prevent her from accomplishing. "Oh wait...How am I going to the middle of this pond to catch it…"

She eyes the large body of water, trying to think of a solution. Chip is part water-type, but Wimpod don't swim, not until they evolve anyways. Even then, it's more like they walk underwater than actually swimming, which even if Chip was evolved, might not get him any closer to Surskit depending on how deep the pond is.

The brunette contemplates the situation at hand, thinking deeply about some way to bring the Surskit closer to land. But it seems Silcoon, still using June's hat as a nest, grows tires of his trainer trying to come up with a plan, and suddenly fires off a long String Shot directly at the Surskit, startling both the pond skater Pokémon and June.

"Silcoon!? What was-"

The cocoon Pokémon uses all his weight to reel Surskit in, having it crash into the ground. It's not long before Surskit stands back on its legs though, and it points the yellow antenna on its head at June to shoot slow moving bubbles that drift her way. While they don't initially appear to be much of a threat, the bubbles burst as they make contact with June's skin, creating a minor stinging sensation.

"Ow! Ow!" June grimaces in pain before grabbing a Park Ball from her purse. "If it uses ranged attacks, I think Einstein will be useful." She tosses the ball, sending out her immobile starter Pokemon. Einstein sets up a Light Screen right as Surskit shoots more bubbles at him, but the bubbles aren't even strong enough to pass through the barrier.

"Einstein, Super Sonic!" The Radome Pokémon shoots sonic waves at Surskit, who tries to dodge, but the Surskit is much slower on land than on water, and is hit with the Super Sonic. The Pond Skater Pokémon tries to strike back while in a daze, but the most it manages to do is spurt water from its antenna up into the air, creating very shallow puddles surrounding the area. June pays no mind to this, and has Einstein push Surskit back with a Confusion.

Surskit gets up again, but is still confused as to what's going on, and sporadically shoots more weak bubbles from its antenna. Rather than floating towards June, the bubbles circle around the Pond Skater Pokémon.

"Use another Confusion!"

Einstein again hits with another Confusion, but rather than directly hitting Surskit a second time, the bubbles surrounding it pop first, and then hits the wild Pokémon.

June widens her eyes and takes note of the psychic attack's interaction with the bubbles. So the bubbles act as a some kind of psuedo-barrier... Interesting…

There's little time to think about that however, as Surskit lays on its back, possibly passed out. June ceases this opportunity, and tosses one of her Net Balls at it. The ball shakes a total of three times before making a clicking noise. Einstein and Silcoon's work had paid off.

June shrieks. "Surskit is mine! I'm so glad! Surskit are so beautiful! And so are Masquerain, and how it flies when it evolves, it's so fascinating!" She leans down to pick up the newly occupied Net Ball. "Thank you both, Einstein and Silcoon! You're both very helpful, and I appreciate it so much! As for Surskit…" She examines the Net Ball with a wide grin on her face, and then uses her PokeGear to scan it. "Seems I have a female Surskit. But I have a nickname in mind for her. From now on, you'll be known as Kit- It's derived from Surskit, and I think it's simply an adorable nickname!"

June caught a Surskit! Nicknamed Kit.
Einstein grew to level 23!
Silcoon grew to level 19!

🐞June's party🐞

Spoiler:
  • Einstein (Dottler) lv. 23 M|Telepathy
  • Silcoon lv. 19 M|Shed Skin
  • Kit (Surskit) lv. 15 F|Swift Swim
    Bubble|Quick Attack|Sweet Scent|Water Sport

Eleanor

Reginald Kastle

Age 21
Italy
Seen 35 Minutes Ago
Posted 22 Hours Ago
1,687 posts
4.4 Years

Avril Reese

16 - ♀ - Laverre City

with Hikaru

Pokémon / Inventory:

AVRIL'S TEAM:
🌼 Poppy (Flabebe) -♀- lv. 26
Flower Veil

🌼 Hydrangea (Shellos) -♀- lv. 25
Storm Drain

🌼 Wisteria (Inkay) -♂- lv. 17
Infiltrator
Swagger, Hypnosis, Topsy-Turvy, Pluck, Reflect, Psybeam

HIKARU'S TEAM:
⚡ Rei (Tynamo) -♂- lv. 22
Levitate

⚡ Hoshi (Staryu) - lv. 19
Illuminate
Psywave, Rapid Spin, Bubble Beam, Minimize, Confuse Ray, Harden

⚡ Aruku (Clobbopus) -♀- lv. 18
Technician

AVRIL'S INVENTORY:
🌼 Eviolite
🌼 Silk Scarf

AVRIL'S CONTACTS:

AVRIL'S BADGES:
🥊
HIKARU'S BADGES:
🥊

The Shimmering Guard, pt. 3
Monday, September 21st - 5 to 8 p.m. - Granite Cave Depths / West Wilds
I look in utter astonishment at the white orb of energy bursting up and overwhelming me, but once that’s over and done with all that is left is darkness. The lights that reach my eyes now are only Wisteria’s flashing lights, as he tries to hypnotize some of the other Pokémon left standing, and Hikaru’s fainted Aruku and Hoshi, as they get recalled into their Pokéballs. I call back Angie as well, who fainted from the Metal Burst, and try to help Hikaru get up and out of the cave room. Before that though…

“The Nosepass! Please, the Nosepass!”

“How do I do that now?”

“Throw this!”

“Uh… I’ll try!” I reach for Hikaru’s Pokéball, which they have attached to… a rope, it feels like. I take some steps back into the cave, where Wisteria and Poppy still are, and ask them to show me where the Nosepass is standing. For some reason, it never moved during this whole ordeal, or so I think. I get ready for my best throw yet, hoping to get a good distance, but of course my aim is just… just a bit off.

I still see a flash of energy, meaning that the Pokéball has hit something… and has actually caught it. Something good happened at least! I quickly recall Wisteria and let Poppy land on my head before scrambling out of there, pulling the rope that the Pokéball is tied to towards me, right before a falling boulder could break it. “I got it, I got it…” I whisper to Hikaru, who manages to smile a little in between the painful expressions. “Ok, I can call Nosepass out now, right?”

“Yes!” Hikaru nods, but soon their hopeful eyes turn perplexed. “That’s not a Nosepass.”

Nosepass surely doesn’t have teeth, but I hear the noise of some teeth grinding. My Holotch’s light definitely confirms that this is not a Nosepass, before my Pokédex gives me a name - and this one strikes a chord. Mawile… Valérie has one!

One arm under Hikaru's shoulder, and we finally get to a point where we can feel safe… kind of. Poppy and Wisteria can float around and warn the both of us if any wild Pokémon approaches us, while I try to finally take a look at Hikaru's wounded leg. Needless to say, my cuts pale in comparison to this one - not to mention that Hikaru can’t even walk at this point.

They start talking, and I don’t know how to feel about them. I learn that the main reason why they got me in such danger is actually the stones, and that they’re extremely precious for trainers like us. They brought their whole backpack along, including an escape rope, food, and a couple tools, because their plan was to visit the cave depths after our oddjob was done, but decided to trick me into coming along because they were too scared to be alone.

I am fuming, literally. I start grinding my teeth just like Mawile, who is just sitting nearby, puzzled. What is done is done, though, and I don’t have the heart to make Hikaru pay for their actions. “Hate me later”, they said, didn’t they? I use some of their water to clean their own cut and think of a way to get both of us out of here safely.

You know, I hate seeing people get hurt.

🖤🖤🖤

Wisteria is… a little mischievous angel. I considered him as just a Pokémon I wouldn’t really need, but he’s doing all he can to change my mind! I’m just sorry for not putting him in the best situation to bond with me… who knows what he thinks of me.

He doesn’t know Flash or has Illuminate, and it kind of shows because he can’t light up the cave just like Hoshi did. If Hikaru’s Pokémon is a headlight, Wisteria is the pair of light up shoes I used to wear as a kid: only good at turning heads and making you dizzy if you look at them too much! Still, I can’t help but chuckle at that thought - I will admit, back then I used to love them.

Whatever he’s doing seems to be quite effective as well. He just floats around the cave, preceding us and putting to sleep any dangerous Pokémon he finds before letting us crawl onwards: so far his only victim has been a lone Aron, but we still have a long, interminable way to go before seeing the light again.

Mawile, in the meantime, is just helping me hold Hikaru over my shoulders, walking right behind me and keeping her eyes fixed on the cave floor. I’m also unsure of what she thinks of me, but unlike Wisteria, I’m not quite curious to know as much as I’m anxious to know. It’s a miracle she’s not already disobeying me, I suppose.

An alert reminds me to actually check the Holotch in my hand and, no surprise there, the battery is running out after all the hours I’ve used it as a torch. 5%, 6:51 p.m. and still a long way to go if I remember correctly. After a couple difficult points, though, I’m now on a relatively flat tunnel. It keeps going and going, turning a couple times, but never becoming too steep, and so I can keep somewhat of a consistent pace. No matter how slow I’m moving, this already feels amazing, even when both of us are getting weaker and more tired.

I should stop focusing just on what I see though. If I just try to listen (and for once, muffle the sound of my chime) I can get some interesting information about what awaits for the two of us. And sure enough…

“Are those… waves?”

“You t-think so, Hikaru?”

“Yeah, that sounds just like the sea.”

Just a couple more steps, and we’re out in the open, on a beach, in the wilds.

🖤🖤🖤

The Sun has already set, of course, and it’s just as cold here as it was in the cave. We’re both still shivering, not just for the cold but also for the blood we lost, but at least we’re out, and we can breathe the fresh air again. The Moon acts as the best light source, but I can also recognize some faint lights on the horizon, coming from what looks like the shipwreck I explored last night. Wisteria seems to agree, also.

Hikaru fiddles again with their backpack, pulling out the stones they picked up. “I really thought I could pick up more than this, but I must have lost them when Aggron hit me.” They sigh heavily. “This one is also… Uh?”

Mawile runs up and grabs it, gushing at the stone that she basically stole from Hikaru. “Hey! I… I found it!” Hikaru complains, but there’s no way they’re getting the stone back, as Mawile just turns around and pushes them away with her second mouth before running away with the stone in her hands.

Of course, all I can do is grab her Pokéball and recall her inside, before running to where she was standing and looking for the stone she might have dropped. I finally find it before getting back to Hikaru and giving them back the stone.

“These two here… they look like the Key Stones I’ve heard about, but what Mawile was so enthusiastic about is a different kind of stone for sure.” I think I see a bitter expression on Hikaru’s face. “Ugh. I’m still going to give you one of these two stones, here. But… I’ll be asking for Mawile in exchange.”

Cubeth

Age 21
They / Them
None
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
2,034 posts
1.9 Years
Jordie "Jo" Hughes
Saturday, September 19th
Chapter 1: Part 6 - Selfish
10:00 am to 10:10 am - Southern Pokémon Center

Looking at their schedule, Jordie has nothing planned for today. They are battling the gym tomorrow, which means that they shouldn’t do any training today. It’s all about having their Pokémon in the best possible physical and mental state which means not making them nervous. It would be better to challenge the gym Monday, but it’s closed then and they don’t want to wait for Wednesday because, well, they need the money.

So… yeah. The only thing Jordie can do right now is relax in the Pokémon Center after their morning workout while Gabby and Neon are inside their Dusk Balls up in their room.

After resting their head for a bit in one of the couches in the eastern corner of the building they go back to their room. The top hall is just as empty as it was yesterday. In fact, they could say it’s emptier because that Hui guy from yesterday isn’t there.

They take a quick shower and as soon as they get out, they are surprised by a call from their parents.

They stare at their X-Transceiver for a few seconds, thinking whether they should answer or not, while the screen keeps showing their mom’s name.

They are not ready for another discussion about why Jordie had to start their trainer career in Unova, but they guess their parents must be really worried about them. After all, the only thing they left was a letter telling them they were going to travel around Hoenn.

Is that a selfish thing to do? Yes, it probably is. Does it really matter, though?

Jordie is destined to be the greatest trainer of this generation, and therefore, they must take the greatest steps possible. If those steps take them to the cliff of the mountain, they are not turning back, they are jumping to the other side of it.

It’s all about taking a risk. Even if that means leaving family and friends behind.

They let them know Gabby and they are doing fine. Not by answering their call, but by pushing the ignore button. I'tll have to be that way for now.
Jordie's Party:

Inventory:
Spoiler:
- 30 Dusk Balls
- 10 Potions
- X-transceiver
- ₽3000
Discord Moderoid · VPP Thread · Paired to PB
Female
My place
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
132 posts
5.8 Years
Junko "June" Enomoto

I'm not entirely sure what happened a bit ago. I remember leisurely skiing across the pond like I do regularly, and have done for as long as I can remember. But suddenly I felt something pull me from my peaceful activity onto the ground, something I was convinced was a predator, and I don't think I ever figured out if what I saw could be described as that.

What I saw was some kind of titan, I think they were called humans. I had heard about them, but never saw one myself. I heard they were very tall, but I didn't think they'd be that tall! I was worried it wanted to hunt me down for my syrup, and it had two companions. One was a Silcoon, and the other was something I'd never seen or even heard of before, some kind of geometrical mess that stood on two feet and didn't move at all. I tried defending myself with my bubbles, but those did nothing. Then I heard an irritating noise and it made me light-headed- My memory after that is very blurry, but I can't forget feeling my weight disappear and passing out as I saw a bright light. For a second it seemed like I was dying.

But I now know for certain that I'm not dead. I see the bright light again, and I see myself out in an open area. I feel well rested, but the tall human from before is right in-front of me. I know now it doesn't want to kill me for my syrup, but what does it want?

"Hello Kit!" It kneels down in-front of me, softly smiling, and holding some rectangular thing in its...hands? I'm not sure who its even talking to. Whose Kit?

"I saw your attacks a bit ago and I think they have a lot of potential. What do you say you and me practice your attack together?"

Wait, am I Kit? What does the human get out of calling me this? I've never been called anything like this, and the titan calling me "Kit" is incredibly jarring. But it seems to be asking something, and while I'm not sure what it means, I cautiously nod. I'm curious to see where this goes.

"Good!" It claps its oddly shaped hands together. Is that what humans do when they're happy? "So let us begin! I noticed when I battled you with Einstein, you were much slower on land than on the surface of the pond, and that's because your feet secrete an oil that allows you to walk across water." Why is it explaining this to me? I already know this.

"And I noticed Water Sport created a puddle of water, so I want to start with that. So I would like you to do just that, Kit!" I think Water Sport is the name it gave the sprinkling water that comes from my antenna I use as a defense mechanism for Pokémon that shoot fire. I do as the human says, rotating my antenna and sprinkling water around me to create a mini pond, and it seems happy with me. "Very good! Now, why don't you try sliding around the surface of the puddle?"

That's something I never thought to do, but I'll do as it says anyways. I lean to my left, and my legs slide as far as the mini pond extends. I'm taken aback by this revelation, I always had a pond nearby, so something like this never crossed my mind, but I can basically create my own personal ponds! The human seems pretty smart.

I continuously slide right and left, experiencing a similar rush skating on the pond gave me. I don't know where the pond is from here, but I get a feeling I won't be seeing it for awhile, so it's nice to know I can create my own pond whenever I want, even if there's less room to skate on it.

The human looks as pleased as I do, and pushes up the weird circular things it has in front of its eyes. "Great job, Kit!" I'm not sure if I'll ever get used to being called that. The human pulls a sphere from somewhere, and pushes down in the middle of it. It opens up in the middle and sends out a familiar looking bright light, which forms into the yellow and blue thing I saw earlier.

"Before we continue Kit, I'd like for you to expand the puddle with Water Sport again." Good idea- All the more room to skate in.

I do as it says, and I see the human's static accomplice setting up a clear barrier. I think it's the same one that weakened my bubbles.

"While you're still sliding around, hit Einstein with Bubble!"

The yellow thing must be "Einstein". Again, I listen to the human and aim my bubbles Einstein's way, before sliding all the way to the right side of the pond. I notice they pop against the barrier, so as I slide left, I create more bubbles with my antenna. The human encourages me to continue this action, which I do, not because it wants me to, but because I find the action fun, even if it's a tad monotonous.

Ski right. Launch bubbles. Ski left. More bubbles.

The satisfaction I would get from hitting Einstein is completely halted whenever I see my bubbles popping against that goddamn barrier. One thing I've noticed however, is that with every bubble I blew, the faster they floated, and sometimes they made louder bursting noises than usual against the barrier. I think I saw some bubbles put some dents in it!

Seeing this, I'm motivated to continue. I slide right again, but this time my bubbles don't slowly drift in a disorganized fashion- They move quicker than before, and follow each-other in a straight line. I can even see some of the bubbles go through the barrier- Albeit, it looks like they come out the other end much weaker.

I then slide left. As usual, I tilt my antenna towards Einstein, preparing my bubbles, but in a quick steady stream. Slide right. My bubbles don't slowly drift away, but rather they swiftly fly over to the barrier. When I slide left yet again, the same thing happens. This time however, the barrier shatters as the final bubbles I shoot burst against it! My hard work finally pays off!

"Kit, you've done really well!" The human, looking overjoyed, calls out, pointing the sphere at Einstein and turning it into some kind of red light which was sucked into the orb. "I'm very proud of you! Gosh, that must have been very intensive, and I'm so sorry if it was. I think you deserve a rest!" The human pulls out another sphere, one that looks identical to the one that turned Einstein into a light. It's pointed at me, and- Wait, what's this red light coming my way! What's happening to m-

Kit grew to level 17!
Kit learned Bubble Beam!

🐞June's party🐞

Spoiler:
  • Einstein (Dottler) lv. 23 M|Telepathy
  • Silcoon lv. 19 M|Shed Skin
  • Kit (Surskit) lv. 17 F|Swift Swim
    Bubble|Quick Attack|Sweet Scent|Water Sport|Bubble Beam