• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolor a shiny

pkmin3033

I'd make Espeon the same blue as Ditto or Mew, or anything other than that absolutely vile green. I also think Garchomp should have kept shiny Gible's scheme, Gengar should be the same colour as Mega Gengar, and Bastiodon should be pink and purple. Amongst others.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
At the moment, I think the Shiny I'd most like to recolor is Shiny Eevee, opting to keep it darker like its GSC palette. I don't really dislike Eevee's modern Shiny, but its GSC Shiny reminds me more of my cat and seems more cat-like in general. (I know that Eevee isn't based on a cat—it's just a fantasy animal that resembles a cat and a dog (though at least one of its evolutions clearly is based on a cat)—but I'd prefer to think of it as a cat and its GSC Shiny makes it easier for me to visualize it as such.)
6d4e1yi.png

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I actually like the green shinies

I'd change Xatu though, because it's one of my favourite mons and its shiny sucks ass. It's just a slightly lighter green with orange instead of red highlights?? It's barely even noticeable. What the heck. Do something like make the entire body red with green highlights instead, that would look so cool.

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
Years
[ Mimi ]

Elgyem probably, it feels like a missed opportunity because it's based on two different types of aliens with colors right in the name. Making it grey, like the grey aliens, or a more greenish color, like the little green men, would be awesome

Years
  • Age 17
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
Gengar.......make him white like his Mega and also Garchomp (i don't even see an difference) maybe make Garchomp color Maroon. Even tho i love shiny Dratini and Dragonair..........but Dragonite reminds me of barney reversed maybe make Dragonite pink also

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
And the whole forum shouted in unison, "ESPEON!".

I'd like to see Garchomp and Gengar changed. They're just so similar to the original coloring that it's like what's even the point? ('A`)

I also never really gave it a look until recently, but shiny Luxray is pretty lame. Yeah, it says, "Thunder Caninae" but it's so uninspired next to its normal, non-shiny counterpart.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
Years
(I know that Eevee isn't based on a cat—it's just a fantasy animal that resembles a cat and a dog (though at least one of its evolutions clearly is based on a cat))

This is the greatest post i ever heard from you sir, thank you😇

Anyway speaking of Eeveelutions, Jolteon should take an pikachu route (because as one mean female Sylveon said "green is not an creative color") and it's shiny be orange, Flareon on the other hand should be dark red instead of brown because as an shiny it ressembles it's little brother/sister too much

but I'd prefer to think of it as a cat

Respect, i like the eeveelutions because of their canine DNA, knowing Gamefreak, they also view them as an Cat-Dog mix because heck, they're pocket MONSTERS, i bet they intended them to look feline and canine like on purpose

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Black, blue, pink/purple and yellow shinies are the absolute best. So any shiny whose colors are boringly similar to its usual coloration, I'd change to something like that.

For example, Charmander could be blue or purple until it turns black in Charizard.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Crobat to a silverish color.

It's pink shiny looks like someone skinned it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 28, 2021
White Garchomp with black and lime green details, its current shiny is pretty lame.

Tell me about it! I remember getting one and being actually confused. Thought it was a glitch and had to double-check if it was indeed a shiny sprite. Love the contrasting lime green you suggested.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
Years
Incineroar. I can't stand when white replaces black parts in shinies. Easily one of the worst white shinies, because the red and white makes it look like a candy cane. I made 2 different versions that look significantly better.
Spoiler:

Back