• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

JustJeff

Striving for Rank #1
Years
Well I always play to have Fun~ That's like my #1 rule for playing any Video Game~ If your not having Fun, why play it? I ask myself every time I log on League~
Wats makes it more Fun is using a really Hard Champion and just destroying people w/ the mechanics! Such as Azir! The best Champ in the game~! Ulti'ing sum 1 to your turret, blocking terrain w/ it, and knowing that Shurima will Rise! is what keeps me playing League of Legends more and more. Although, i usually just play ARAM, and some Normals w/ Friends now~ Maybe add going to an LCS event somewhere there but you get the point. Always Enjoying the Game~

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
I'm still Silver IV and I simply can't be bothered to go up. I've taken a disliking to League recently, and solo q is horribly off putting. I've been trying to play other games too lol

Years
You really have to emphasize the 'solo' in solo queue. You'll always hear people say this but during solo queue ranking you should be focusing on your own mistakes and your own decision making. Although there is a bit of communication involved, what you're generally looking is to find answers and methods to the question "How do I carry this game?" I enjoy playing while talking with friends and that's a big help when I'm looking to have fun.

Years
So who's excited for the new pbe cycle? Gotta say the Ashe changes look amazingly fun, and I can't wait to try them out as soon as the pbe is up! Also the Lux skin is awesomeeeee. Still hope to see cheerleader Lux someday, but this is great in the meantime. I don't care too much for the SSW skins though, other than Thresh I guess.

Years
I kind of agree she seems a bit like an experiment for crit chance. Having tried her though, (only once I must admit cuz my ping and FPS weren't feelin' compliant today) the crit chance on her feels good. I feel like with her new kit she's way more versatile in what builds can work on her. She could go standard adc, but going an attack speed build with runaan's is really interesting on her. And her since Q applies lifesteal on all hits (like seriously with just a dorans blade you gain substantial health back), she could go a lifesteal focused build and just not die.

I think it'll be interesting to see how she ends up being played. Even though her new kit added a lot of damage, her early kiting is a lot lower, and she still lacks any form of mobility.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I tried new Ashe on the PBE and holy crap she's so much fun. She seems very strong but she's honestly one of the most fun champions I've played in a very long time. Her Q feels so fun to use and her new E actually feels worth getting over her old clunky rubbishy version. Ult slow nerf isn't massively noticeable since the stun's the same and her new passive is surprisingly fun - I was thinking it'd be a very... "well that's boring for anyone playing against her without adding much to her own playstyle" kind of change, but it's actually a very well controlled slow % at each level and I think it's been executed brilliantly. I'm a huge fan of this re-work ♥

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Hey look! The SSW skins are here! We have SSW Singed, Sweeper Alistar, SSW Talon, SSW Thresh and SSW Twitch.

I honestly like the new idea of Sweeper Alistar. I've never seen him as a jungler, but ya know, whatever. I was really hoping for RENGAR.
Oh well, at least SSW Talon is one of the best skins I've ever seen.

Spoiler:

R.I.P this thread

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
So what does everyone think of Ekko?

I think he seems really fun and really interesting! He doesn't seem like an obnoxious sort of mobile champ, as he's melee and half of it is pretty choreographed. He definitely seems unique!

Jungle Ekko here i come! Time to climb to KR Master tier!

Anyway, I've seen what he can potentially do and I've read Rito's own champion reveal on him and he sounds like someone i'm going to use often. Also, its TIME LAPSE IN THE LEAGUE! I know as a former Dota player, i often make certain parallelisms on certain champs and skills with some DoTA champs and skills but I got to say, Time Lapse in the League is going to be a really sick skill to pull off.

Also, here's me quoting some Rito posts on their champ reveal and how I react to this:

The second question we explored on Ekko was figuring out how we could make an assassin feel good when they're not one-shot killing targets? We already have kill assassins (Zed and LeBlanc, for instance), so we came up with the idea of a utility assassin. Ekko, like Ashe, has lower ratios and so takes longer to secure kills than most in his role. But where he loses damage, he gains large amounts of CC that he can use to win teamfights even when he isn't the main damage threat. Basically, if Zed can't kill Anivia, he can't kill Anivia - he doesn't provide much else to his team. But if Ekko can't kill Anivia, he can at least try to lock her (and maybe her team) down so people like Jinx can clean up. Thanks to Chronobreak and Phase Dive, he's still very good at taking risks, and is heavily encouraged to take multiple passes at a fight if things don't go perfectly the first time.

As we all know, Assassins have been in Rito's headache list for quite a long time ever since they have become some of the most dominant forces in the metagame. The idea of a "utility" assassin somewhat perplexes me because I've never put into logic an Assassin that cannot kill targets, but regarding Ekko's gameplay design, Rito obviously wants us players to play someone who isn't one-shotting people 99.999% of the time like your typical Zed, Fizz, Leb, but at least he's someone who can actually provide something for the team when he's behind, and he's not giving everyone headaches.

His gameplay design somewhat reminds me of DoTA's faceless void who seems to fall under this "utilility" assassin-fighter thing where if Void can't kill a target, at least he still has utility. If Void is really fed while locking up people, then he's done the job. I think Rito went for that kind of direction and wanted to make an even more dynamic version of that "melee fighter with utility" thing. I mean Faceless void can still kill targets, especially the squishy ones thanks to some of his built-in utility, and that's where I put some allusions to Ekko's gameplay design.

I'm not saying that Ekko is a plain ripoff to Dota's faceless void but I'm just saying that his general gameplay reminds me of that, and I'm sure loving that idea. I tend to play a lot of characters that have moderately high potential damage outputs but with good amount of utility to be useful when behind or not being the primary carry, that's why Ekko will be fitting in my champion pool.

@Talon

Don't worry! I'm back to keep this thread alive!

So has anyone been spamming some champs to fill up their champion mastery pages for their beloved summoner profiles? Well some of you guys reading here know obviously who I'm spamming but I've been also exploring some more options as well for my role.

Last edited:
Years
I feel like Ekko is actually a melee AP Weaver (also from Dota 2) and less slippery but in exchange he doesn't fall really hard behind if he doesn't win early and he can see where his ult takes him too when he goes back in time.

I'm prob gonna use Ekko a lot. Maybe even make an Ekko theme on the PC forums. I got a PBE account accepted recently so time to play him :P

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Alright people. Along with Ekko, Patch 5.9 is going to be an incredibly patch full of big changes and some lovely adjustments. Lets start with what i absolutely love!

Xin Zhao
R's knockback applies a brief stun.

Though often seen as a high-damage diver, we're beefing up Xin's crowd control to boost his potency when functioning as a team's initiator. He'll still need additional follow-up from his team to not splat immediately afterwards, but at least he'll hit with all the force of a great typhoon before going down.
R - Crescent Sweep
NEWTHINK ALISTAR'S HEADBUTT Now applies a 0.75 second stun to knocked back targets

Rito.... <3 <3 <3 <3 Okay before I overreact, this may not sound like a significant buff but to anyone who's played League for quite while, even a 0.75 second disable is long enough to actually start landing more hits in such a fast paced game. Remember Riven's W which also has a 0.75 stun and people loved it? Now we have an AOE OF IT along with Xin's disengage and team splitting potential! That additional small second stun pretty much increases Xin's ability to separate targets and single out a squishy that needs to have a spear driven through its neck. What a buff. If only Rito could increase his base HP more to be in-level with most of the more modern melee champs. (He still has less HP than Post-rework Master Yi folks)

Riven
Movement speed lowered. Wind Slash's speed reduced.

Known for fast-paced combos and even faster executions, Riven's a flurry of strikes and shouts that every solo laner has to pay respect to. We're toning down this blade-wielding blitzkreig by shaving some of her mobility and reliable damage, meaning she'll have to rely on getting up-close and personal with her abilities if she wants to enjoy the same level of effectiveness.
General
MOVEMENT SPEED 345 ⇒ 340
R - Wind Slash
MISSILE SPEED 2200 ⇒ 1600

She deserves the -5 to her base movement speed. Although the missile speed of her R is quite a nerf and I don't think it was necessary to begin with. But that -5 to her base MS is something that she's been asking for, for the longest time. I mean Riot did nerf yasuo's MS by -5 in some patches when they were nerfing the crap out of him back then because of fast paced combos and fast executions, but Riven was pretty much that and she never got the bump until now.

Nocturne
E's base damage up.

While Nocturne's not in the worst spot as far as living nightmares go, his early-game's a little softer than we'd like considering how reliant he is on the post-6 paranoia pressure he puts on lanes. Mixing in a tad more spookiness to Unspeakable Horror's damage output should up his effectiveness when murdering frightened Teemos.
E - Unspeakable Horror
DAMAGE 50/100/150/200/250 ⇒ 80/120/160/200/260
FEAR FACTOR Speed bonus towards scared targets now correctly works with allied fears (such as Hecarim's Onslaught of Shadows and Shaco's Jack-In-The-Box)

Another great buff for Nocturne, my 2nd favorite champ in this game. He's been getting some buffs in early patches, which started in some pre-season 5 patch where he got a significant change to his E. The new additional secondary effect of E is pretty sick especially in certain combinations of teammates (Hecarim Top, Fiddle Support?)

So yeah, some of my favorite buffs and changes are in this patch. While I'm a fan of Riven and alla dat, I never really liked how "no-skill" she really does become once she gets like 1 lane kill and suddenly becomes nearly unstoppable because counterplaying against her is nearly impossibru when she's set up.

Years
As we all know, Assassins have been in Rito's headache list for quite a long time ever since they have become some of the most dominant forces in the metagame. The idea of a "utility" assassin somewhat perplexes me because I've never put into logic an Assassin that cannot kill targets, but regarding Ekko's gameplay design, Rito obviously wants us players to play someone who isn't one-shotting people 99.999% of the time like your typical Zed, Fizz, Leb, but at least he's someone who can actually provide something for the team when he's behind, and he's not giving everyone headaches.

He definitely does fulfill the utility assassin role pretty well from. However, at a certain point with him (and they did throw in a few nerfs to him) you don't have to use utility at all as you can burst targets with just your e and q. I also saw a vid of an Ekko one-shotting a Leblanc just with his ult XD. However, from my experience using your w well is probably the most important thing when playing him (it's easily his hardest skill). I think if anything they should shift more power into his w and away from probably his q or his e which is ridiculous with sheen.

Talon

Years
I've played him a bit on the PBE and let me just say, if you can play him well you WILL win the game. He carries games harder than any other champ I've ever seen. He can provide enough CC to be useful when behind, and if ahead, or the game has gone on long enough and everyone is full build, he can pick and kill anyone he wants. Early game his poke in lane is pretty nice, and he can pretty easily pick out his lane opponent and kill them. His ganking isn't the best, as most of his damage won't be available until somewhere around 4 seconds later or never if enemies play smart. His pick potential is great if set up correctly, and his utility in team fights is really nice. If you can hit your stun on someone, consider them dead. If you miss it, consider them dead anyways. If you're getting chased, wait until your cds are up and lead them into the path of your ultimate and one shot them. Or just ult anyways and then continue to fight from there with your newly regened health :D

He's probably a little OP right now, and he will be nerfed before his release. He does way too much damage and has way too much CC. I think he needs a nerf to his base damages on most abilities.

Universal

Musician
Years
Summoner name is Unicorn Magic. Feel free to add me!

Just a note; I'm a recent gold 5 player and I know it's no where near good but I'm willing to play with anyone, this includes custom games, ARAM etc. I also don't main any roles but I do main Azir.

Talon

Years
Apparently Riven is easy to play, and 11/1 is an "average" riven score. Because riven is overpowered. Riven is overpowered because people don't know to cc her in a fight and not a tank.
*sarcasm*
Riven isn't easy to play, she's easily one of the hardest. If you mess up your combo, your cds are down and you have nothing. If you do it right, you're almost guaranteed a kill. Or two. Or three. Her combo isn't easy to do either. She's high skill, high reward. People tend to not realize that the people who do good with Riven play her. A lot. Like a lot a lot. I have over 150 riven games on my account. So yeah. I kinda know how to play her. I have over 200 rengar games. So yeah, I know how to play him. I have nearly 80 Talon games, so yeah, I kinda know how to play him. I only have like 40 Aatrox games, but he's easy enough to learn quickly.
Now, Talon isn't that hard. I'll admit, he's pretty easy. But Riven and Rengar? They aren't that easy. They have very long difficulty bars for a reason. Rengar is rated 9/10 difficulty, and Riven is 7/10. Darius is 2/10, and people say he's hard (He's not. Any halfwit asswipe can play him.). Riven is really hard, and Rengar is even harder. One of my favorite disagreed with me on Rengar. He said "You hit q, and kill someone." He bough Rengar. 2 days later he came back to me and said "Rengar is the hardest champion I have ever played. I can not figure it out. How do you burst people? I can't do it.". So I told him: Get 5 Ferocity, RQQW(Hydra)EQ and then spam your abilities randomly after that if they didn't die. He said, I die in the jungle, how do I stop that? Asked him what empowered ability he was using, and he didn't even know that his empowered W heals him. He was using Q. Rengar isn't easy. There are so many things that are so nitpicky about him. If you don't burst someone, you are going to die. He is the most risky assassin I have ever seen. Talon will still do some AoE even if he doesn't kill his target, so in a teamfight he can still be useful without killing someone. Rengar can't be. He has little to no CC, and only one AoE ability that scales off AP but he wants to build LOADS of AD to supercharge his Qs, so the AoE damage isn't even noticeable. He has two options. Build tanky and rush the front line and just start spamming his abilities, or build bruiser/straight damage and the kill the backline in a split second. Riven has one option. Build straight damage. Defensive items don't help her. She gets more defense out of building straight damage because that E. Talon will always build straight damage, but he can do more than just kill people. He can jump the front line and lower them down enough for the rest of his team to take care of them quickly, he can jump straight in the middle and hit everyone with everything, he can jump the backline and delete them instantly, or he can splitpush, and he's actually a very strong splitpusher I might add.

It just pisses me off when these champions get called overpowered just because they deal a lot of damage:

• Riven
  • Talon
  • Rengar
  • Zed
  • Yasuo
They aren't overpowered (Except maybe Zed), they're hard to play (Except Talon). They require knowledge beyond what others do (Darius, Aatrox, etc.). You have to know your own strength at all times during the game. One mistake and you die (except Riven. You can't catch the champion with 5000 dashes).

Rant over

And speaking of 5000 dashes, I was playing Riven and (this is the game that set me off), I said in chat after I got away with like 50 health "You can't catch the champion" "With 5000 dashes". The enemy Teemo replied simply with "she ha 4 dumass". My reply "My joke went right over your head. Just like my cs over yours." I had like 300 cs and he had like 70. I stomped that fucking squirrel. After game, I was 11/1, and the enemy morde said "u can't brag u played riven. that's an average riven score" "Not really but ok." "riven is so easy" "Not really but ok. You lost either way." "ass" and then he left. God damn that pisses me off so much.

Ok rant really over this time.

Universal

Musician
Years
I think Riven is just fine. The amazing power of CC that no one use such as Lulu's polymorph, mind you it's a point and click cc. Every AD assassin including Yasuo are fine at the moment with Yasuo being a hyper carry such as Vayne.
I've had no problems with Riven with my champion pool. As an Azir main she's probably one the the easiest to deal with. The only champion I do have somewhat of a hard time is LeBlanc because of how little counter play she has. I was hoping the Zed ult nerf would apply to her but for a .5 second delay. I've notice the comments of Riven, Rengar, Yasuo, etc being overpowered in lower elos. To be honest they're probably the easiest to deal with if you play it safe or have the proper cc. Perhaps it's just me since Azir counters most of the said champions but at the same time I play a really solid Lulu support so honestly I don't get the deal with people calling them "OP".

Years
They have very long difficulty bars for a reason. Rengar is rated 9/10 difficulty, and Riven is 7/10. Darius is 2/10, and people say he's hard
It just pisses me off when these champions get called overpowered just because they deal a lot of damage:

• Riven
  • Talon
  • Rengar
  • Zed
  • Yasuo

I just wanna say that the champion difficulty bar doesn't mean what you're interpreting it to mean. It means difficulty for like a new player trying to pick up the champion. For a new player Rengar's ferocity bar, passive, trophies etc are hard to understand. Someone like Orianna, who arguably is a difficult champion to play extremely well because of the amount of micromanaging you need to do, is rated as a 7 because her kit isn't uber complex on a skin-deep level. I don't think the champs you listed there are OP, but it's understandable why people get frustrated with them. Combining damage with mobility or stealth leads to being killed and the feeling of not being able to respond. Sure Annie may flash burst me, but she can only do that every 5 minutes - and then she's also busted her escape. It's why Riot has such a hard time balancing assassins, or champions with assassin like qualities.

And I agree Riven is hard to master. That doesn't mean she isn't easy-ish to play. She has a low skill floor but an extremely high skill ceiling. Sure she has to play around cool downs and animation cancels, but that's her gimmick. In return she has the ability to pull off crazy stunts with all of her mobility and potential. Simpler champions who lack tons of utility like dashes, wall jumps, knock-ups and stuns may be easier to learn, yet because of this their kits have a shorter skill ceiling. Arguably though, that makes them tougher to play because you need to push really hard to make champions with less potential built into their kits excel.

Years
If you think anybody except maybe Riven is overpowered, then i hope you are all prepared for Ekko's release. I built him full tank(PBE) against a friend who was playing LB so i could survive her burst, could still waveclear just fine, still had a ton of damage, and ult is hilariously broken when you can just 50-0 somebody while regaining 300 + 1/3 of your lost hp (and as a full tank, that's a lot of health). If you decide to build him AP like you are supposed too though, prepare to easily 100-0 everybody in the game in seconds as soon as you get your first item, even tanks

Back